Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday April 28

Daily discussions.
Irishgram

Re: Sunday April 28

Post by Irishgram » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:27 am

Good afternoon from a sunny, summery SW. Pa...We are going into the mid 80s today and tomorrow....Beginning to wonder if spring passed us by but I'm sure not complaining, I love it......Made a big pitcher of iced tea and started to tackle the summer clothes, and of course, I really do have too many....Last year, very little fit but I'm hoping, at least the tops will be OK, the pants and shorts all need taken in...AND as we all know, I do not like to alter! But, I'm also a cheapie and would hate to spend money on new......I also hate doing laundry on a Sunday, especially hanging out but I just couldn't resist today...

Becca, Good afternoon and thank you so much for the cheerful greeting.....You do put in a full day, don't you? Hope and pray that little one is doing better....We had a neighbor who's 4th little girl didn't talk for the longest time and they figure, she didn't have to, she had older sibs that knew exactly what she wanted....Now, she's an adult and like most of us, can't keep her quiet!

Maryz, some how, just can't picture you with long hair or a pony tail, just wouldn't be right....I had very long hair until Kathy was 6 months old (almost 64 years ago) and now, if my hair gets near my collar, I make that phone call....And like, you wash, towel dry and fluff it up a bit...My sister's hair is white, has been for years while mine is salt and pepper like my Mom...My Mom had long hair and the hairdresser would make curls in the back (looked like sausages) but it was absolutely gorgeous...She was known at the hospital as the "lady with the pretty hair"......
After I read about all the quilts you've made in just the last couple of days, I looked at the top I finished the other day and had a good laugh....I have the batting and the backing and it's still sitting in the same spot.....As Val put it so nicely, the other day when she said, she was acting like a sloth, boy, that's me......But, at least I'll have clean tops to wear, lol......

Maryq, what a whirlwind you are! My heavens, my back would need a month to recover if I did all that....But, I do understand the reasoning behind "excising" the back...I even went as far as finding exercises on line but you don't think I've tried them, no I'll just keep complaining.....What a good friend, Katie is for bringing you that fabric.....A few years ago, a sister of a friend, gave me a least 4 or 5 bolts of upholstery fabric...She had lived near a factory and a hoarder...But, I think everyone and their brother used that fabric to make porch furniture cushions or anything else they could think of and I still have almost a bin full...My sister just got new furniture and the cushions covers are white and she asked if I had anything to cover them, silly gal....She had her choice of 4 different patterns.....And as you said, if, in a year or so, you get tired of them or don't like them, no loss......This same gal had given me a bolt of muslin so I took alot off the bolt and gave the rest to a quilting group ......

Val, My daughter lives right outside of Reno, in a little spot called Sparks! And the Peppermill is one of their favorite places..She and her DH have taken my sister and I there when we visit....I love going to visit her, so many things to see and do.....

Lyn, safe travels, hope the storms decide to stay away......Enjoy your visit with your friends....

Judi, WOW, that's quite a "hip" story....I've heard maybe leaving a little sponge but a piece like that? Hoping and praying this time, the recovery is fast and he'll be back to doing what he loves to do.....How's your knee doing? Have you tried the Voltairn? I imagine the rainy, damp weather isn't helping it either......

Chriss, You're not alone in asking, why do I ac cumulate so much stuff????? But, I wouldn't go as far as staying away from the thrift stores, you can't deprive yourself of that, just maybe limit......How about if I pick you up for that "fish fry", and really get them confused by saying, we're both Lyn.....

Tina, sure hope your wind dies down....I can't imagine a well that is that deep but, when you're looking for water, who knows.......What did you decide for your "no meat supper"?
Well, need to scoot......By now, the clothes are dry and can be taken down.......As far as my dinner, it might be a bowl of cereal.....Might have to check the freezer for a hamburg patty...Perfect day for grilling.......

You all have a great rest of the day........................

womster

Post by womster » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:52 pm

Hello all!

I have had a heck of a time getting onto the QIAD site. Yesterday, it just spun and spun and never would connect. There were a few other websites I had problems with, but I could go everywhere else. Grrr. Now that I'm here, I'll go catch up with y'all. We're having leftover spaghetti with ricotta and mozarella cheeses and homemade french bread. See you later! xoxo Sharona

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:02 pm

Yes I too experienced problems getting on here and some other sites. My young techie guru came up that there might have been a router update nationwide causing problems. My problems cleared up with a unplug router count to ten, and replugged the router. So far, so good. Stu said there were router issues at his house too yesterday.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:19 pm

I'm back
There's still problems with the QIAD site, I usually see red where I haven't read but it's all showing black and I went ahead and clicked on today and there were several posts after mine, and in the lotto.
The well is an irrigation well for farm land but they hit water at about 150 to maybe 175' so it makes no sense to me. Our well is at 300' but water is at the 150-175' depth. But a domestic well doesn't need the gazillion gallons like crops.
I guess we're having chicken and salad for supper.
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:04 pm

Tina, I was having issues with the site not loading too.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”