Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday April 27th

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Saturday April 27th

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:02 pm

Good afternoon. It's been a beautiful morning and promises to be a great afternoon as well.

Went with a friend to a Catholic church service at St. Catherine's church in Hornitos, Ca. It's a very old church and Hornitos has 4 events a year, this is one of them. It's the second time I have been in this church which only holds services twice a year. Apparently, this is the only church named after St. Catherine. There were about 20 people there and afterwards they had brunch.

Judi, prayers for your nephew's hip.

Becca, I had forgotten about Marigolds, I'm going to go get some.

Maryz, I was also happy with my last hair cut. I could leave it wet and let it dry or blow dry it and was happy either way.

Lois, flying geese will be a perfect addition to Bill's fish quilt. If it's work you're looking for I have things here needing to be done.

Jana, I also find my sized clothes at Costco. I like Gloria Vanderbilt stretch jeans and capri's. Someitmes online if you buy 5 pair at a time you get a discount. I also got a check in the mail. Refund for Jerry's prescription plan premiums (Part D). I am $3.20 richer than I was this morning. Glad things are moving forward for you.

Flo, ouch. prayers for Joe. It rained here last night too. We also had thunder and lightening.

Maryq, hope your back feels better soon. That's a hard spot to put ointment on. My old Singer was a 9910 and I loved it. This one is pretty close. I've never added a button hole, but I may give it a shot. This one has a cut the thread button as well as a speed control. I'm excited. So? did those chores get done at your house.?

Tina, glad the kids help. I loved working with my grandpa, some really great memories. I also love leftover spaghetti, it's a good day to be at your house.

Valerie, I should get the machine by the 10th. I don't think my old Singer will be coming home. Jerry bought that machine not long after we married (long story) I guess it lasted about as long as our marriage. I have 3 other machines that are on trial. If I decide I want to keep them I will or else, as my grandpa used to say, it's OTD (out the door)

I did get my bathrooms in order yesterday. Got rid of some thin toilet paper that was purchased during covid and other things. Also cleaned out some other junk drawers. I have a trash pile and a donate pile. both keep getting larger.

Next on my to do list is the spare room. I have been putting it off for a while and need to just let it be next. I want to get it set up as a bedroom. I'm enjoying making this house mine

Dad just called, he's on his way here so I guess shoes are in order. You all have a fun day,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

auntjana

Re: Saturday April 27th

Post by auntjana » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:29 pm

The quilt is done! The gift bag I thought I had is not where I thought it was, so the quilt will maybe go in a trash bag - LOL

I was reading the news on my tablet and ran across a story about a young man being drafted 9th in the first round of the NFL draft. The story caught my attention because the headline said that the young man wanted to call Provo. The young man's name wasn't a familiar one of being on the BYU football team, so I continued reading. It turned out he wanted to call his Grandpa, who turned out to be Michael's best friend, roommate, and best man at our wedding! We had lost touch with him after he got married. This friend, the last we knew, the father of three sets of twins, one set after the other! We lost contact, but now know where he lives. What a small world we live in! This young man, his grandson, graduated from the University of Washington, Maryz neck of the woods.

Jana

Return to “Sew ins”