Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday April 22

Daily discussions.
Becca

Monday April 22

Post by Becca » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:07 am

Good morning to everyone May your day be blessed and filled with happiness,& joy
Update on Kathy and Kim Bith are doing good Kim is losing weight & Kathy is on her way to returning with us
I finally got over my infection Kidneys and I’m very grateful I told Kathy My life isn’t interesting like all of yours so I don’t write just read to keep up
Hope everyone is well and I must get busy to start my day
Becca

grammiequilts

Re: Monday April 22

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:13 am

Good morning Becca, Your life is just as interesting as the rest of us...I enjoy reading everyones adventures,,,joys and sorrows...it is what keeps us connected as friends,,,never think your not interesting enough....you are....Thank you for the update on kathy and Kim.
I was up early and started more spring cleaning,,,today was ken's closet....yes I cleaned out the luggege,,,there were too many small zip bags that we will never use...they are getting donated...then on to Ken clothes...He has a pile of stuff he doesnt wear ( why a pile you ask? ) becuase he cannot get rid of stuff,,,,I do it for him...his clothes are now organized and sorted...shirts I know he hates are going to the thrift store. and pants he wont wear too...If I put his clothes in the closet this might stay organized f...he just put them in,,,I am OCD....I need to go to the scavenger hunt today so as soon as the bedroom is done i will go...I run the vacuum and dust the furniture,,,,bed is made and dirties are down in the laundry room...I am dressed and need to comb my hair...
yesterday I made several meals for the week and made a list for the store...I am prepped...hopefully organizing myself will help me get more done...I did trim up more HSts,,,,Long and slow process...but I will get er done. then I am done with CHristmas sewing for this year. Packed up all the Christmas fabric...cannot wait to start the next quilt....it doesnt have HSts,,
Hope you all have a great day,,,,prayers and hugs all around,,,XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:16 am

Happy Monday, been awake since 2 am so decided I might as well quit fighting it and just get up. Hoping I can take a nap later.

Tina I don't think Josiah will ever be completely healed. It sounds like the eye problem could be a lifelong situation as will the shunt. As he grows and matures the shunt will have to be replaced. We were told this one is probably good for about 5 years. And shunts are notorious for needing adjustments etc. While there will be issues to deal with, this could have ended so much worse. He is able to be up and playing, he runs, and seems more like a typical 2 year old now. He tires easily and then becomes unbalanced and has to rest but I think in time that will get better. As for me, I am still not having much of a voice, nasal and chest congestion but I do believe I will now live. I am on call tonight but don't have any day patient's until Tomorrow so I should be good. Looks like the load is a bit lighter this week.

Sharona I don't recall where you live. Snow at the end of April?

Lori I did not realize salt had an expiration date. I guess all food does these days. Wonder if it's really bad after a certain date. I pretty adamant about checking dates but salt? Never occurred to me.

Lyn I am with you, I really prefer a larger receiving blanket. It seems the ones at the stores are just too small after a couple of weeks. I saw online there is a place called Texas Mobile Shrink Wrap, says they go all over Texas. But if it is unsafe, then selling may be the better option.

Chriss as for rolling in the dough, not sure I will be rolling in much but enough. Not sure what the plan is yet but am considering several options. DH has not ever done much traveling so a trip cross country has crossed my mind. He has driven to South Dakota and back but never really stopped to see anything. With scouts he did do some of the National Parks. I don't think though he has seen the Grand Canyon, nothing further east than Wyoming on his way to SD. I have always wanted to do an Alaskan Cruise though. Or visit Amish Country. I have my sister in Virginia. Who knows, I should just sock it away for a rainy day and/or my retirement funding. We will see.

Maryq we have had a few days of heat here. I almost turned on the AC yesterday but decided with my cold I best not. One more warm day then a few cooler ones. Slight chance of rain on Friday but that is slowly going away. Those little zipper bags you are making are sure adorable.

Jana I think back in the day we all had an Antenna ball! I like a few things at Jack in the Box but my stomach does not.

Katy glad you are happier with the new place. I saw yesterday on the news or something that you can now get an automatic lawn mower. It looks like those little vacuums that run themselves. They didn't say how much they were though. I am thinking $$$.

Maryz It does seem like I have been sick alot. My friend texted me yesterday and I thought to myself, Gee I have been sick most of the month. This recent cold I got from DH and DS. They came home from fishing with it. That is the only time I get this kinda stuff. Only time I had Covid, DH brought it home. My tests have all come back normal so seems the adrenal nodules are not making me sick. They will repeat the scan in a year unless there is a reason to do so sooner.

Judi I wish I could sleep like that. I have insane insomnia. 4 hours last night and have tried and tried to go back to sleep, but no. I have tried Melatonin but it really doesn't work for me. I am awake again after 2 hours. I don't want to take actual sleeping pills either.

Lois did you get the hair cut?

TinaB good to hear from you.

Becca thanks for the update. I think of you often and wonder how you are doing.

Yesterday I tried to put my mystery quilt on the wall but something is not right. I found a set of blocks not finished? Now why didn't I see that when I stacked them all up? Some are now squaring up right either. Uhm, maybe I have been sick longer that I thought. I am usually really good about this stuff. I couldn't figure it out yesterday as brain was too foggy but will start with the directions page 1 and see if I can figure it out. Parying I have enough fabric to fix whatever it is as some of it has been in my stash for a while and no longer available.

Other than that, I have to work on May lotto. Want to post a bit early if I can.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:21 am

Good morning Becca

So happy to see you posting again and you even got us an update on Kathy .
I hope you continue to get well.

My visit was really a nice one I was hoping that they would stay a little longer but they had laundry and such but I did get a wonderful haircut and a beautiful birthday gift .

Today I already have wash going and getting ready to go to the store.
Oh and I did get my blocks finished :lol: .

Well thats it for me have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:43 am

Val, that was just a funny. I don't think salt actually expires.
Lori 8-)

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:56 am

Good morning,

BECCA - I woke up thinking of you this morning and was going to e-mail you to see how you are doing - and here you are! Glad you're feeling better. How are you doing? How are all your baby folks doing? I was thinking of you this past week when friends told us of all the babies in their family that are coming this year - a single and a set of twins next month and another set of twins in October. Our friends, the grandparents, said her sister is the one expecting the second set of grand-twins in Oct. And Grandpa has
twin siblings. It sounded like your family all over again! Thanks for reaching out to Kathy. I've been worried about her, too, and I think I'll mail her a card today.

VAL - Glad you're feeling better. Thanks for the update on Josiah. He's really been through the health wringer for such a little guy. I'm excited for you to be considering retirement. My DSIL retires in 21 months and they've long had a dream to get an RV and hit the road and see the country. We've been in every state in the union, plus most of the Canadian provinces. And there's still so much to see!

LORI - funny about the salt! :lol: Are you having a good time at your class?

JUDI - Sometimes, when I have a gazillion HST's to trim, or a lot of squares to mark to make HSTs, I do it in the evening in front of the TV. Seems to go faster. But if I'm in my sewing room, I listen to my audio book which also helps get through the more boring tasks in quilting. And husband's laundry/clothes. Don't get me started. Ooops! Too late! You got me started! When Bill retired we finally had to have a coming to Jesus "discussion". He was used to supervising people. And the only people he had then to supervise was the dog, cats, and me. Apparently I shopped wrong, arranged my kitchen wrong, ironed his shirts wrong, and folded and put away his clothes wrong. I am so lucky I'm not living in one room doing 20 to life, but if I'd had a female judge, I'm sure it would have been deemed justifiable. But after our final 'discussion', he found himself another job and he never mentioned my numerous failings again. But he now puts his own clothes away, and of course, his closet and his dresser are a big mess. (I used to keep them neat and organized) I just don't look at them. Whew! Glad to get all that off my chest!

LOIS - a visit, a haircut, AND you finished your blocks! What a day! Time now to assemble the top?

KATY - there you are! We were wondering the other day how you are doing. Glad Jim got moved to a better place. Is FL now off the table for him or is it still the eventual plan? Good to hear you are getting in some sewing. And Barny sounds like a smart little guy and good company! I'm happy you found each other. We talked to a yard maintainence company last fall and the smallest job they would do was 4 hours/2 men for $900. Yikes!! So we didn't pursue that, but we now have a line on a guy who does yard work for $25/hr. That sounds cheap to us now! We need to call him.

CHRISS - you are making headway on all fronts! And got a nice evening out, too. Not all restaurants are so noisy. Some are designed that way, actually, to try to give the "home kitchen" feel. And some have floors that have cement floors for easy cleaning. They are noisy. Yard art is a nice gift for your friend's birthday. But so is a gift certificate to a nursery. Have you tried starting your riding lawn mower yet, even just to practice starting it? You dont' want to forget your lesson.

MARY Q - you conquered it! That beast of a wedding quilt! Did you figure out why it went wonky? Glad Viv is feeling well enough now to tell you to bring your quilts. Does she use pantos, freehand, or computer for her quilting?

Yesterday I got my little Posies together and found some appropriate green fabric in my backing stash so it's ready to quilt. Bill is going to do it in some sort of floral pattern. Today's project will be trimming the Scaredy Cats Christmas that I forgot the border after it was quilted. I set it aside for a few weeks while I thought about it . . . I believe I'll add a wide exagerated binding and call it good. If it doesn't turn out, then this will be my quilt. If it ends up being a masterpiece then it will go to my older sister. And if my sister ticks me off in the interum, then it will be hers anyway. :lol: I"m trying to figure out what to have for supper - the hardest part of cooking sometimes. Chili relleno casserole, I think. I still have some chilies in the freezer and I sure do have some eggs! Our chicken neighbors are productive girls!

Have a Marvy Monday!
mary z
>^+^<

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:01 am

Good morning!

Another wonderful day here! The sun is up. How do I know, Michael opened all the curtains in our bedroom, he needs all the light he can, he's loading up his daily pills into their containers, which he does for two weeks. Many meds are time sensitive, so he organizes them. I just have to remind him to take them. He often forgets.

Not much on my accomplishment list for today. I do need to check the milk supply, I think we're getting low. If so, I run down to Costco and see what else might jump in the basket.

Ethan is a very happy boy right now. He just got a new to him, fancy bike. One of his uncles gave it to him. It is a very expensive carbon fiber bike, that translates to be a very lightweight, but strong frame. Ethan will be riding it to me and to his friend's house, just a couple of blocks farther than my house.. Gracie will al ride her bike down here this summer too. Ethan will ride with her. We are old fashioned and are happy to have the kids have a buddy to ride with. Just not safe anymore to be alone. They both have phones too..

I need to make me a new tote bag , one with a shoulder strap. And then need to lighten up what I carry in it. I carry my wallet, sunglasses, reading glasses, keys, handicap placard, small yellow paper tablet, pen and my phone. On some days I add my tablet. It weighs to much! But all things are needed. Dilemma! Plus I know that I could be a target for a purse snatch, being old and walking slow. I think that I'll start carrying just my DL, debit and 9ne credit card in my jeans pocket. But what do you do you need a Costco card or a AAA card, ugggh! Putting everything 9n my phone might work, but there's Mr Grumpy that doesn't like that idea. Big uggh! I know how to solve it, stay home, sew and become a hermit!

Enjoy your day,
Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:10 am

Good Morning Girls

Oh my goodness, here it is 8:45 am CDT time already!!! Actually I've been up for quite a while---couldn't "hold it" any longer and had to get up--besides I was having a dream that I was having a baby and DH wanted to name it Freddie if it was a boy! I do remember saying to him 'NO WAY"! :lol: :lol: Do y'all ever have dreams about having another baby? Scary huh!!!

Becca... SO good to see you pop in here. I don't often get over to Supper Club, but I know you post over there often. Always so happy to see what you've been up to....even if you don't thinks it's too exciting. You are speaking of Kathyquilts! Oh I hope she can come back to us soon!

Judi.... After trimming all those HST's I bet you don't want to even LOOK at a pattern with HSTS for a long long time!!! Nice to have the closet all cleaned out isn't. I could probably do that here as well, as I know there is stuff in the back that I haven't worn in ages.

Valerie.... I feel your pain... at not sleeping well. I often wonder what it would be like to sleep the whole night through again. Some nights are better than others, but most nights I'm awake every couple hours---either to hit the restroom or just because my mind won't shut down. Looking forward to seeing what you have up your sleeve for May Lotto! Good news that your adrenal scan came out okay right?

Lois.... congratulations getting your blocks finished!! Always such a good feeling right?

Maryz.... Husbands and their closets!!! UGH. We had a small walk-in closet, but it really wasn't big enough for all of our clothes together, so DEX used the "office" closet. Other than hanging up his shirts & pants in there I didn't touch it, but his unmentionables were always neatly folded in the drawers--including sorted sox just like his Mom did. GAG GAG GAG!!! I could never do anything as good as his Mom for sure----another reason I am happily single!! Viv uses pantos, no computer and sometimes she will free motion. She kind of taught me how to do the machine and I've done free motion, but it's just not my thing. I just know Gene's friend will LOVE her quilt! and if she doesn't... she's outta here!! :lol:

Jana... I'm with you... gotta lighten the load in the purse! All my adult life I have searched for the perfect purse and haven't found it yet, tho I did find a nice Coach purse many years ago that's pretty close. When I just run into town, I just grab a little wallet I made with my driver's license and my ATM card, fits just perfect in a pocket. Oh yes, but all means the buddy system when riding the bikes! You remember the Jacob Wetterling story--just kids out riding their bikes. It happened about 100 miles from my house.

Since I was up so early I'm already needing another cup of coffee. Got one load of laundry in, unloaded the dishwasher ( my least favorite chore), put supper in the crock pot (a package of stew meat) and even kind of made my bed! SO after I get done patting myself on the back, I think I'm going to go sew something! Found a little batch of finished squares so will try to get them laid out in a pleasing manner, and if that doesn't work, I'll find some other trouble to get into!

Hope you all have a Marvelous Magical Monday

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:34 am

Sunny day, busy day. A quick drive by. I have to get to Tractor Supply in Llano for Lithium batteries for the Blink cameras.

Becca, It's So Good to see you post. I want to know how you are doing, it's not boring. Thanks for checking on Kathy and Kim.

I made these notes last night.
LORI, Thank you for your post on salt expiration! Your post was the first highlight/laugh of the day, that I SO Needed!! I forwarded it to my daughters, who also Needed a laugh. They Thank you too.

Valerie, I hope you are feeling better. I was getting ready for bed and check back here before a good night prayers for y'all. I Love your comment, so flat and true....
Lyn, I think Garry will notice if you sell the boat! 👍🤣🤣🤣 You nailed it❗️I so needed another smile before bedtime ❣️

Last day to get stuff done at the house and Jeep packed up.
Have a great day.
Lyn

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:17 am

Good morning. today is NOT a work in the yard day. It is supposed to reach 80* but next week is a cooling off week. I will do my touch up yard work next week.

Today I want to clean up around here and go into town to see my parents. I've gotten the spare room about a third cleaned up. I just have so much stuff. I have a donation pile and need to take it to a thrift store. I also want to take my machine into be repaired. I have machines that work sort of ok, but I am not thrilled with any of them. I have read that purchasing a machine at Joanns or WM is an inferior machine but why would a company put their name on a machine and have it be not as good as one sold in their own store? Anyway, Amazon will likely be my source if I purchase a new machine.

I haven't sewn in a while, not sure I will play the lotto this month. Things are busy here and sewing isn't on my list of priorities just yet.

Tina, I purchased a cement tile with a butterfly on it and a grape vine for my friends birthday. She loves her garden and both will work nicely for her. Thanks for the yard ornament suggestion, I knew right where to go after you mentioned it. Hope you're feeling better today.

Valerie, continued prayers for Josiah. Glad to hear he's playing and being a kid. I've thought I'd like to travel but probably won't. Sure wish you could get a real good nights sleep, I'm sure you've tried everything. Everything has an expiration date it seems. I've seen dates on deodorant and bottled water, it's crazy

Becca, glad things are looking up in your world. Didn't know you had a kidney infection, so glad you are on the mend.

Judi, I tried to take suitcases to a local thrift store, they didn't want them. I think Jerry had clothes from the 60's in his closet. Way too many things he also never wore. I bet your closet hanging bar will breathe a sigh of relief when you remove all those extra hangers.

Lyn, I also prefer a larger quilt for either baby or myself. I often wonder what a good size is, maybe 48x48 for a baby and at least 6 foot long for myself. I like it to hang over my feet and be able to pull it up on my body in the cool mornings with a cup of coffee. Sell the boat girl, he will get over it. Glad the kids are doing well.

Lois, a hair cut and finished blocks. INow that the hair is out of your eyes you can ut those blocks together. It's good to be you.

Maryz, chili relleno casserole is such a good quick easy thing to make. It really uses up the excess eggs. I love things you can put in one dish and bake. Less mess and almost no prep work is my motto. I did find the owners manual on the lawn mower, it was in a tote that I wnet through. It needs more help than I can give. When I go see my dad I will get suggestions, and possible he will come here to repair it. We will see. I've learned that the bush whacker should be used first, then the weed eater followed by the mower. There are lots of rocks on my property and the tall grass hides them.

Jana, I'm always on the lookout for the perfect purse or tote bag. I like a cross body purse and have quite a few of them. I carry few things just like you do. Once Kathy sent me a pocket wallet. If I am going someplace and don't want to carry a purse I put my license, debit card, and a few dollars in the pocket wallet. For me it's perfect and I use it often.

Maryq, your clock must be running fast, it's not 8:45 here. Only 8:15. I just told Jana the same things you told her. Let me know if you find that perfect purse, I'm still looking too.

I need to get my day startd before my butt grows roots and I can't get out of this recliner. So much to do today.

Have a marvy day,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Sew ins”