Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday April 22

Daily discussions.
auntjana

Re: Monday April 22

Post by auntjana » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:50 am

Here might be a explanation to why some things at the cheaper stores are not the first quality. Most manufacturers have a qc - quality control department. The machines that pass through qc as firsts go to the dealers, those other machines that are deemed seconds go to the cheaper type stores. As to the name plate, the manufacturer only cares about the bottom line - money. The manufacturer will make money on both! They change the model number or similar tactic, as not to have the customer know or realize the difference. There are so many subtle things they do so that you have to replace sooner and not have things that last. Built in failure in washer dryers etc. Then there is the computer industry that change operating systems, so that older, still running well computers and phones won't work. Or software. My old Pfaff machine had to be replaced because the software would no longer run on my computer. The old machine still sews perfectly, just can't run the embroidery unit. Same thing is happening now with my computers as the company won't support the operating system. Dirty little secret - there are very few upgrades to the operating system on your computer that wasn't there from the very first operating system! They want more money by making things obsolete and having you buy new computers every other year! I know a company that bucked that trend for many years -Michael designed critical safety equipment and couldn't be changing out that hardware all the time.

So there's my soapbox for the day. Yes the world benefits from computers, but the greed of some manufacturers across the realm of our lives are just plain wrong. Yes, making a profit is good, but maybe should be done the old fashioned way, with quality products.

gershwin64

Re: Monday April 22

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:50 pm

Hi everyone 🌞
I'm really late today, I went outside early.
Becca so good to see you. Please post, I like to hear what you're doing.
Judi, I just cleaned our closet on my side and the floor, I told Frankie he should do his clothes that he hasn't worn in years and he said they still fit πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ which they do, he's stayed the same size for 39 years....lucky guy.
Valerie, I was thinking same thing about you being sick, I think April kicked your hiney. I hope Josiah continues to improve.
Chriss, cool that my yard ornament suggestion was a winner. I tell Frankie and the kids if they want to get me something get me something for outside because I have enough inside.
Jana, ditto, right there with you on that for sure.
Lynn, already time to travel, that went fast! Are you going to Canada for the summer? Any grands going with you? I always loved going to Virginia and Indiana every year with my parents. Do you have any quilting projects on your mind?
I've decided to start cleaning my pond. It will take several mornings and evenings when the sun isn't trying to cook me but that's probably better for me anyways. I have a pond vacuum that works great but Frankie has to hook pipes together so I can send the yuckies out to the trees outside the yard. They don't have grass around them and the yuckies will kill my grass around the trees in the yard..... maybe I should send the stinky yuckies down the badger hole! Just thought of that! πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ˆπŸ˜ˆ
I'm feeling better today 😊
I put a turkey breast in the crock pot for supper and I just need to figure out what I'm having with it. It's Dad's night so I may make mashed potatoes and I'll have to check which veggie I want.
You all have a great day!
Prayers for all in need πŸ™
Tina

Return to β€œSew ins”