Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday April 20th 2024

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Saturday April 20th 2024

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:25 am

Good morning It is sunny and in th 30s so a cold morning, we expect 50 or maybe 60 today.
i am up and dressed as we have a 9am volleyball game to go to...there will be 2 games and then we can come home..the girls play all day turnaments but I dont think us old people will stay for 5 or 6 hours...the parents have to. the girls dont play all that time but they must be there,,,
When I get home i have laundry to do...I have let it go and it is mandatory today...So if you need me thats where ill be.
Hope you all have a wonderful day,,,,Ill catch up with you later...I did the second round of HSTs last night I have the first 12 blocks (Pinwheels) done , but he trees are made up of over a hundred HSts in the top. I have sewn them now to trim and press them all for assembly. I may not want to see an HST for awhile after this,,,
This cold is a bugger,,,I hate not being 100%,,,,hope you all are XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

velvet

Re: Saturday April 20th 2024

Post by velvet » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:50 am

Good morning to all.
We are sunny now but a rain later to day-right around the time we fly out of Myrtle beach and up to Long Island. We'll be there till next Sat. It was Lily's 15th and hubby 73rd and Easter earlier this month-so its a combo of all. We'll go back with DS and DDIL end of June for Piper H.S. graduation. OH, how those years flew by.
I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Diane

patches4

Post by patches4 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:17 am

Good morning everyone,
Here it is 54 going up to 72 and cloudy. At home Illinois 35 high of 49.
DD1 here in Virginia is cleaning her flower bed and will plant her flowers add dirt and mulch. She is planning to power wash the deck and clean up backyard patio then will hang plants.
Her flowers look rich and healthy. At home we’re still a month out before planting. Weeds are thriving at home, they usually do. Have to sit on the sidelines and watch her work. I can make lunch and dinner.
Blessings and prayers to all,
Have to hit the shower and fold some wash, I can do that.
Hugs
TinaB

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:49 am

Good morning,

DIANE - happy everything! I can't believe Piper is graduating! And safe landings! See you next weekend!

JUDI - sorry you're sick. I blame Ken. Do you think you have his flu? Hard to enjoy the volleyball games, sitting in bleachers, when you feel crappy. HSTs! The bane of quilters! I'll be making a lot of them myself with my newest project, though not nearly so many as you (about 90) so I guess I won't be complaining to you. Glad you had a nice day with Val. Good for her for sticking with her machines. Good for her for everything. Still praying for a miracle for her.

CHRISS - I'm so happy for you that you got that huge job off your to-do list. They say it takes a village to raise a child, but I say life just takes a village. Glad the SS is kicking in a livable amount and most of the ornerous details are taken care of. Maybe one day you will be able to get back into your sewing room and play.

LORI - there is a lot to get ready when you go away for a week. Is your hubby pretty self-sufficient? I would think as a fire-fighter he would be but you never know. Plus Dad. And then the "kids". I'm looking forward to our trip in August, but I'm already missing my boys, even though I know they will be well taken care of by my cousin, who is also named Mary.

JANA - It's all coming up roses for you! Or should I say tulips. I bet your yard is pretty. Glad Stu is feeling better, the car stuff is getting straightened out, you didn't let the Costco demons tempt you, and you lost weight! Yay for you! Now how was Michael's cardiology appt?

TINA - There is lots of stuff on line about lymphedema, including diet, exercises, massage, causes, treatments, surgery. Too many "links" to share but lots of info. New research is out there. I learned that Kathy Bates suffers from it, too. And no, Bill isn't seeing crystal clear yet though he is driving. It takes a while. He will be tested for new glasses in about a month.

MARY Q - I hope the internet devils don't get your post today!

TINA B - as I was reading your post comparing weather in IL and VA my DBIL in CO texted me that they have 2" of snow and it's still coming down! So I guess you might want to stay put in the east for a while longer.

Yesterday I made 8 dinner napkins for my friend. She'll pick them up next week. Then I pulled out fabrics to make my new project for my brother's lady friend, "Barbara", when we visit in August. It's Patch of Posies in latest AP&Q magazine. 60" square. I got a start on cutting the fabric before I went out to sit on the deck to enjoy the nice weather before we went to the dinner party. I should have double checked the time myself. I trusted Bill because these folks are all his workout friends. And that's where I went wrong - because after 32 years I know better than to trust him with anything that involves a number - like time. We were 1/2 hour early. It was fine - they were ready, but I felt like The Ugly Guest. But my dessert - Snickers cake and Snickers Ice Cream - turned out purrfectly, so all was not lost.

Today - I'm going to work on my Posies, take a few turns on the dance floor with Mr. Maytag, make Yankee Dip sandwiches for supper, and maybe do some relaxing on the deck with a book, weather permitting. It's going to be a good day.

Wishing the same for all of you!
mary z
>^+^<

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:02 am

Good morning!

Looks to be another wonderful day here. Bright, sunny and warm. We still have snow on the tops of the mountains and so far the snow melt hasn't caused flooding. All the reservoirs are filling up nicely. Hard day to stay inside and sew, but that's what I'll do. My nephew and wife will be up and stop by for a visit a week from now, on Sunday. I have a bit of finishing to do on their quilt. I have been slothful .

Michael's Dr appointment went well yesterday. The heart has healed quite well. Stu has healed too. He says that he is now 95 percent better.

So you'll find me in the Batt Cave. I do need to iron a couple of white dress shirts and dresses first. Another something I've been slothful at,

Hugs,
Jana

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:27 am

Good morning

I never made it here yesterday we had Dr apts
and I'm kinda happy I'm down 12lbs And blood pressure was really good.
I'm on the mend I even had pancakes and sausage and I'm feeling alot better.

Today we are out doing errands and when we get home I'm sewing I have 1 and a half pineapple blocks to finish then I can put it together.

Mary z you are a quilting machine.
Judi I hope you feel better real soon enjoy the soccer game

Diane happy birthday to your grandaughter and your hubby.

Jana so glad things are settling down in your neck of the woods .

Enjoy your day.
Has anyone herd from Kathy Quilts?
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:42 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy news this morning, since I cleaned house for company yesterday--- I don't have to do it today!!! YEAH ME! I sure wish it warm up a bit here! I'm getting anxious to get some pretty plants for my front porch, but it's just too darn cold! We have a freeze warning last night and Alexa says it's only 30* this morning!

Judi.... OH darn.. you got the bug? Did they put you on Tamiflu too, I don't remember. That's kind of the usual thing if I remember correctly. When I worked in Long Term Care Pharmacy, if one resident got the flu--everybody in the whole place--or at least on the same floor, all got Tamiflu. It was sometimes a scramble to come up with enough doses. Sure hope you are feeling better soon.

Diane.... Wishing you a wonderful time in Long Island!!!

Tinab... When are you headed home? Hopefully it will be warmer when you get there? Do you plant a garden or do flowers in pots like I do? My dad used to plant 450 gladiola bulbs at his farm every spring, so I'm thinking this year I might try to do a few in a big pot--just to see if I can!

Maryz... Not sure if it was an internet thing or a operator error, but either way, everything seems to be ok today---so far. Just in case, I'm doing a "copy". How is Bill's eye today? Can he tell a big difference? Can he get by on just cheaters? I suppose he will go back for an eye test in a couple weeks when it all settles down for him. OH how I would love to sit out on your deck!!! It's just to dang cold to sit out here!!!

Jana... Good news from the Dr. for Michael! And so glad to hear Stu is feeling so much better too. Any thoughts on what kind of new vehicle you will look for? I'm not sure what a Solara was, I'd have to google it.

Chriss... SO good to hear that you meeting with SS went well. It's always a worry about money and running out of it before the month is over--especially when that's the only income. How great for a neighbor to come help with lawn work. Did he drive the mower and/or did he show you how to do it? It's great to have friends with "skills" right? 🤣

Lori... Oh I've had several conversations with my kids as to what to do with my fabric!!! If you get a big flat rate box in the mail--- you know I'm gone! OR they can just give it to Katie next door and she knows what to do with it.

TinaR.... Sorry to hear you have the lymphedema. My brother had that too and it was awful. He was BIG guy (almost 400lbs) but his poor legs were so swollen. Did they give you compression stockings? I never heard of a "lymphedema diet" but I suppose certain foods can trigger or at least NOT help! Do you have to drastically reduce your sodium intake? I so love salty foods!!!

Lois... Congratulations on 12lbs! That's almost a whole size!! I have every size jeans in my closet it seems. I lost a lot last summer but still can fluctuate a couple pounds here and there. I know I'll never get down to my "Pre-children" weight, but I'd sure be happy if I could drop another 5-10~ it's a daily battle!!!!

Had a great meeting with the attorney yesterday. She and My DDIL Kris ride horses together and my Evie works part time for her boyfriend who owns a couple fitness centers around here. Anyway.... she is going to put all my "stuff" in a nice little packet. When Jen comes home (hopefully this summer) I'll have a sit down with them and make my wishes known.

POTD here today will be to get that wedding quilt squared up and the borders on. After that I'm going to finishing stitching up some cute little bags, kind of like the ruler cases I made for Jen, but bigger---like to hold an Kindle or a book. There are so fun to make, I've kind of gotten carried away and haven already sewn 15!!! I'll take them down to Viv's with me and probably give them away!! I'll post a picture later so I can show you all. And if You want one... let me know! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And... my coffee is cold, so I'm going to go get more and get started on my day.

Wishing you all a Super Saturday

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:43 am

Morning
Joe cut a 1/2mile walking loop on our back pasture. Just got back from inaugural walk. SJ is passed out on couch. We want to work up to 2 laps.

Been working on last planter...scrapped square wood idea and went round with landscape bricks. Today Joe &I will plant the bulb we bought for there even though they are past blooming...they will be awesome next spring....I hope. Never planted or grew bulbs before.
Still working on final piecing of doily quilt. Hope to have it sandwiched by early summer...
Chriss you are on my mind and in my heart.
Flo

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:53 am

Good morning. It's going to be a super day today. We should see the mid 70's through the weekend cooling off a bit next week. There are just enough clouds out to hide the sun on occasion, it's just beautiful.

Yesterday everything went my way and today is my day off. I worked pretty hard yesterday and today will be working indoors which has been neglected. The house is opened up and fresh air is coming in, it's a wonderful way to start the day.

Life is so full of lessons. When someone offers to help me I often decline the offer. The offer of help with my mowing was the push I needed to accept help. It wasn't really an offer but a "my husband will be there this morning to help". I offer help to people but dont' easily accept help. Guess I'm a work in progress.

Judi, sure hope that cold goes away soon, it's no fun feeling just under the weather. So glad I did laundry yesterday, the laundry room is all yours.

Diane, lots of festivities in your family. Hope each one serves cake.

Tinab, I liked the weather in Illinois when we went there to visit family. A little humid but always cool.

Maryz, you get so much done during a day I feel like a slug. That patch of posies quilt will be really nice, she will love it. I am hoping to get in my sewing room soon. I guess a half hour early for your dinner is much better than a day early. Not sure what a Yankee dip sandwich is.

Jana, I couldn't tell you the last time I ironed clothes. So glad the men in your life are healing nicely.

Lois, yay, it's good to be feeling better. 12 pounds is a lot, high five to you. I was going to go do some grocery shopping today but when I made my list there were only 4 things on it and I'd rather work around here. Maybe this afternoon I'll go.

Maryq, I always want to see pictures of bags. I'm a bag nut. Actually I'm just a nut but put bag in front of nut so I didn't sound so nutty. Glad the will stuff went well. I will also never be at my pre children weight and even though I lost weight, according to the weight/height charts I am still over weight. I'll never be twiggy thin. My neighbor did show me how to run the mower but I will need to read the book that came with it to refresh my memory. I can do this on my own now.

Flo, so nice to have a walking path. great idea.

I learned so many things yesterday while my friends husband was here. Silly things like how to get the gas out of a gas can with a safety feature on it. How to only change the rubber ring on the gas can rather than buying a whole new can. All these little tid bits of info I never would have thought of. I do wish I had paid more attention when Jerry was working or asked more questions. But I am figuring it all out now and will be fine.

Dinner tonight will be dinner out. I'm taking the couple who helped me with my weeding to dinner as payment. It's the 1850 restraunt in Mariposa. It will be fun.

I pray you all have the most wonderful day ever, I plan to.

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:57 am

Overcast and 64, won't get much higher today. We are to have rain.

Yesterday was mostly spent in figuring out what to do with the boat. We brought it up from the coast to save on storage, but now it's been decided that putting a big tarp over it in the yard isn't good enough. So, I've found a storage place here, it's not as good as what we had at the coast but the price is better. We were paying $221 at the coast, and I know it was going to increase again. This one is open, but under a big roof and costs $175 a month. It will get us through the summer. We are not agreeing on what to do with the boat. Garry doesn't want to get rid of anything, even if he is no longer able to use it. He will let it waste away the way he did with the truck and slide in camper. When he finally decided to let those go, we got very little because truck was in bad shape from animals living in engine compartment and doing damage. Anyway, today we will move the boat to this storage site.

Chriss, I'm glad everything is falling into place. As for SS, they seem to pay the Wednesday after the birth date. Garry's BD is the 7th, so in April it hit our checking acct on Wed. the 10th. Did the friend show you how to run your riding lawn mower?

MaryZ, When we leave here on Monday, we will be gone for the summer.

Christian went home yesterday. I don't have details, Stacey didn't text, I saw a FB post. I'm sure she's busy helping him.

My phone is 4 years old and this morning it's not working on 4G. I had to turn on WiFi and use the house modem. I don't need this problem right now!! I tried restarting but that didn't help.

Off to move a boat. Someone please hug some fabric for me, thanks!
Lyn
Last edited by WeeOne on Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Sew ins”