Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday April 20th 2024

Daily discussions.
velvet

Re: Saturday April 20th 2024

Post by velvet » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:01 am

LOIS---I'm very happy you LOST 12 lbs. BUT did you have to send it to me??? LOL

Diane

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:29 am

Good morning everyone 🌞
Judi, enjoy the volleyball games! I love watching the kiddos play anything πŸ₯° Oh my goodness HST are the worst for me, they make my wrists and hands hurt squaring up so many, I hope you get through them all. Get well quick ❀️
Diane, safe travels! Enjoy the celebration!
Tinab, sitting on the sidelines is hard most times. I love flowers but I haven't planted any this year, my flower beds are still not replaced. We were only 50* last night and will be 85* today,nthe hummingbirds showed up yesterday so I'll be making food for them, they are one of my happy makers πŸ₯°
Maryz, yep there's bunches of stuff online about lymphedema but not all of it is......hmmmmm how shall I say it....... helpful, truthful, accurate? Plus a lot I'd need money for and unfortunately my money tree died πŸ˜‰ seriously though, the massages cost $90+ and the wraps I can't do, I'd need to be sedated to wear those, I can't do anything tight on me. So I'm trying to work with my Dr and find trustworthy help online and I've joined a couple groups, makes me cry for some of them, they are so much worse than me and are dealing with the same "not much help out there" or most that is posted doesn't work....kinda like the old "snake oil remedies" of old.
Bill is already driving? Gosh that was fast! They wouldn't let Dad drive for 2 weeks I believe and his was done just a few years ago, guess they are making leaps and bounds improvements. That's great! Your dessert sounds awesome!
Jana, so glad to hear Michael is completely healed, that's wonderful news ❀️
You lost more weight, yay!!!πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰ You are rockin it!! I hope Stu is back to 100% soon πŸ™
Lois, so glad you're feeling better. I'm really looking forward to seeing your quilt, I know I've said it before but I really am πŸ₯° you've lost 12 pounds, awesome! It's a great feeling to see the scale go in the right direction for a change huh πŸŽ‰
I haven't heard from Kathyq either, I hope she's doing ok. Katy hasn't posted lately either, ladies where are you, woohoo.
Yay Maryq, no cleaning for you today πŸŽ‰ Sorry your brother had lymphedema. My sodium is a bit tricky actually, I drink so much water each day that doc said I need to either drink 8 ounces of gatorade or Pedialyte everyday now because I'm washing too much sodium out with the water and low sodium makes a person swell and retain fluid too.... it's a crazy balancing act. I have to drink bunches of water to help my lymphatic system..... it's a yoyo. I'm not a salt eater, I use it to cook with and that's about it, I don't like the way it tastes when added after cooking. To me salt is bitter 🀷
I'm glad your meeting went good yesterday, your on the ball with all your paperwork.
I hope you post pics of your cute little bags, I want to see them 😊
Did you get the wedding quilt measurements figured out? I bet all my quilts a 1/2" or so off not squared, I don't notice πŸ˜‰
Flo, those walking paths on our own properties are great huh, Frankie does that for me too. We see all kinds of animal tracks when we walk. We have a land turtle that walks all over our paths and when it has babies we can see because of teeny tiny tracks, we have javelinas, coyotes, skunk, deer, racoons, bobcats, mountain lions, snakes (big yuck) and now sadly the badger, cows occasionally, we also have stray dogs and cats that walk through. It's a zoo at night around here.
Chriss, I love open windows too, last night I opened our bathroom window which is closest to my side of the bed, it let fresh cool air in all night, loved it! So glad you had help yesterday and now feel comfortable enough to use the riding mower, I actually enjoy using ours. Enjoy your supper out.
Lyn, hmmmmm the boat..... Would it be more beneficial to have a carport type thing put on your vacant lot or your house property for the boat? That way it benefits you down the road if the boat does get sold? Just a thought.
I just went through that with Dad's cell phone, he got it in 2018 but Verizon bought out the company 2 years ago and it's been nothing but trouble since. We had that company and changed last year because my mobile data wouldn't work most of the time and no matter how many times I called they couldn't fix it and then the actual incoming and outgoing calls wouldn't work and their customer service was horrible and they'd hang up on me and all kinds. They kept me on the phone for 3 hours the other day with Dad's, he ended up buying a new phone and changing over to consumer cellular, he's happy now and it was so nice to speak to their customer service and be able to understand what they were saying and they were so nice and helpful. They are US based.
Well I better get my hiney in gear this morning. All the laundry got done yesterday, Frankie vacuumed after all, I dusted, the closet is totally finished,nthe table and cabinet are all cleaned off, I cleaned the kitchen last night before bed as usual, I'll need to clean both bathrooms this morning and then I'll see if I can cut strips out of those white prints I got Thursday. My chest was hurting a little last night but I think that was from lifting the corner of the mattress to put the clean sheets back on because that's when it started to hurt again, I took 2 Tylenol like the doc said and rested and it helped.
You all have a great day!
Prayers for those in need πŸ™
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:56 am

Two things -
Lyn - here they can come and shrink wrap your boat, orcRV for storage. Maybe that can help keep your boat in great condition.

Two - we are not replacing my Solara. I have three vehicles and one driver, me! Michael is still having some issues, mostly from Covid, brain fog etc, and his sitting on his tush is hard, from losing so much weight. He has cushions he uses. There is absolutely no padding back there on him anymore. So for the time being, I'm the driver..

My Solara was a Toyota, 2 door hot rod! I had lots of fun dusting teenagers who thought they had a hot car. If you remember the song, The Little Old Lady from Pasadena, that's my theme song! I don't dilly dattle, speed wise and yet, knock on wood, have never gotten a speeding ticket or even been pulled over ! Ever! Now Aaron has laid in wait to be the one to light me up and pull me over, but I would out fox him on which way I would go to pick him up after his duty shift. He has yet to succeed!

Jana

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:51 pm

Good afternoon from a very sunny but breezy, SW. Pa....Just a bit chilly for me but that's me! Well, so far today and it's almost 3:00, I've gotten nothing accomplished but reading the morning paper AND taking my sister to Med 1st.....Her soon to be DDIL, Carla, called and said, JoAnn was having severe pains in her left ear and side of her face and could I come and take her....This was quite a switch, it's usually her taking me to the ER, lol...But, she was told she has "swimmer's ear", gave her drops, take Tylenol, a little heat and rest....I've always teased her about having that giant bath tub in her master bathroom but gee whiz, swimming????So, she's banned from playing cards or going to watch her DS's band tonight......I'm kind of glad, I needed to stay put myself.....

Jana, Loved reading about you being a "hot footed Momma"....When my Kathy got her big truck, fellows used to pull up next to her and ask her about the tires, engine size or whatever and then she'd leave them in her dust......So glad to hear Michael got a good report but, boy, I can understand how much it hurts when you don't have much on the behind...My problem was sitting in the tub, yikes! And dropping weight, that's great! I kind of lost mine the hard way and really don't care to find it again......Glad Stu is coming along.....Love, love your stories, always something jumping in your household!
Judi, sorry you're feeling punk (as my Mom used to say)....But you need to take care of yourself, also....Know it's kind of hard when you have little ones and they "need" you there....When I think back at how many times, I sat on those cold bleachers, freezing while watching the kids or when I sat in an unairconditioned auditorium, dying from the heat, watching the girls dance, I'm so glad I did it...The memories last forever, for you as well as the little ones.....
Tina, sorry to hear you are having those problems...Hopefully, with the newer research, something can be done to help....Often think, there's too many things going on to have detours such as this, dog gone! I've heard about hummingbirds in states around me but mine haven't found my feeders....They also make me happy, just love watching them.....
Lyn, You said, you're leaving tomorrow, is this to go where???I can't seem to be able to keep track of you, lol....I think Garry is like most men in not letting go...When my sister was selling her last house/farm, there were tractors sitting in the barn with the tires rotted off..Of course the kids wanted them so now they'll sit on their property and something else will rot off, lol.....Have a safe, safe trip on your way tomorrow.....
Chriss, Your weekend does sound perfect....It's time for you to accept some help every once in awhile...Those neighbors/friends are helping you but also helping themselves....You've done your share in helping over the years, now it's time to say, OK....And also glad the SS stuff went well....Years ago, when I 1st started getting my very small check, the grands loved walking to the PO and getting the mail...At that time, the checks were mailed and when they'd bring my check back, I'd say, WOW, look Grammy gets a check in the mail, for doing nothing...I don't have to walk to the PO, I let Pap go to the bank and cash it and then he comes home and hands me the money...AND I'm not working! They just thought that was the best....Well, now they know better.....If you feel a little twitch on the ear, you'll know, I'm thinking about you.....
Maryq, no work, good for you.... Wow, not sure I'd know what that's like...But, I can come up with more excuses to put mine off and I do that alot.....Right now, my vacuum is calling but, I came home with more fabric yesterday and what's more important???? I'm like you, just a little chilly to be sitting outside on the porch but soon, I hope!
Maryz, So now, you're also making your DB's "friend" a little something???Gee, she'll stick around forever at that rate....My sister has me going to another bingo tomorrow (if she's up to it but she'd have to be on her deathbed to not go)...I didn't win a thing the other day but she won $10.00....Both Lena and Emma are registered for Kindergarten next year and both have pictures of the year they will graduate, 2037...I looked at that and said, I'll be 100 years old but I'll try to be there....Oh I can't believe these kids are growing up so quickly......

Well, I'd better get moving and do something, even if it's wrong....I'm thinking I might make chicken ala king for dinner...My sister would probably like a "meals on wheels" delivery, too......

You all have a great rest of the day.......

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:47 pm

Mary, yes there is a lot to take care of before leaving. Bill knows how to fix a bowl of cereal, so he's good. lol He's an adult, he'll figure it out. I do everything for the furry ones, that's a lot of work for him. When he starts to complain, I remind him that I do it every day.

Chriss, I make my dad a few different things. Usually spaghetti and meatballs, and orange chicken and rice.
I have containers that I bought for separate meals. I put a piece of tape on it for heating instructions and not to through away. He usually has soup for lunch and he just heats up a can of that. So he's covered. Bill will check on him and probably get take-out one night for them both. How's Moose? Give him some scratches for me.

My back decided to give me grief yesterday afternoon. I immediately started icing and taking Motrin. It's already feeling better. I really don't want to have my back hurting during my class this week. Hopefully I got on top of it quickly. It's my sciatica on my right side. It flares up sometimes. Usually at the most inconvenient time.

We'll I need to get the meals made and finish up some laundry. Then pack. I leave tomorrow morning. The furry kids know and are not happy.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:28 pm

Ladies I am here, fighting a respiratory something. Not Covid though. Cough, runny nose, sneezing, sleepy and fever. Doing the cold one min and stripping of the clothes the next. Thinking is strenuous!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. I missed the last class of my mystery quilt today but she sent me the instructions for the last block and the shop owner has my pattern. I just have to get to the shop. This week I hope.

Chriss I too have made progress. Received the check from Dad's annuity and was able to speak to a very nice lady at the military. They have received the last of the paperwork, should be depositing his last pay for the 11 days in Dec and then I can close his estate. What a journey this has been.

Hope you all are well,
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:57 pm

Good evening. Well, much to my surprise it happened. The guy next door actually did come and weed eat the part between the road and my fence. I am very grateful. It took him about an hour and a half and would have taken me a week. He has a gas weed eater and my battery charge lasts 20 minutes. Those weeds were knee high.

I was able to clean a corner of my bedroom where things had been stacked. Jerry's dresser is empty and Marilyn has a tote full of stuff. She will also be the proud owner of the cook books which includes Jerry's family recipes and the waffle maker. Richard so far gets the Micky Mouse tie clip.

Lyn, I agree, it must be the Wednesday in the week they were born. Jerry's birthday was the 13th. I tried to switch from my phone to Jerry's phone, his is a year newer. Well that didn't work. Clearly I need to go to the apple store and have them do it. Hope the big boat move went well.

Tina, I feel you girl. I just tried calling Norton anti virus. Our plan expires in June and because I shut off Jerry's phone I can't get the second authorization code. Norton can't help and they certainly aren't based in the US. So, I have to let the protection run out in June and start a new account in my name. The man on the other end of the phone said his name was Dan and after I told him Jerry was deceased he said. Well then I guess I can't speak to him. duh. I'm still a little chicken to leave a window open all night, but one day I will be brave. Have you tried pink salt? I switched to Himalayan pink salt and will never go back.

O'Dorothy, my vacuum is calling my name too. But when that happens I just change my name. Works every time. I'm learning about accepting help. It's not easy, but I'm a work in progress.

Lori, your dad eats quite well. Moose is doing great. Almost never leaves my side and is now asleep on my feet. I reached down to give him your scratch and he showed me his belly. He has white on the tip of his black tail and when I go to love on him that little white tipped tail just wags like crazy. He's a good boy for a stinker.

Valerie, I can see you preparing to exhale. My goodness it's been a long road. It will be good to have it behind you. Sounds like we will both be raking in the dough next month. Sorry you aren't feeling well, it seems to be going around. Remember when we were kids and used to write CV on our hands for cootie vaccination? Maybe you need to do that?

I am taking the man who helped with my huge 100 foot clearance and his wife to dinner tonight. They don't eat until 7pm. I think next time I will just give them a gift certificate. I am not used to eating so late but it's one time and I am so thankful for the help they gave me.

I also got a call from the lady who had wrecked her car and needs rides. she gave me 6 dates through May. I mentioned that I'm sure she will have a car by June. Her sister has a car, a Toyota Rav4, but she doesn't like to drive it. I'm hoping she gets a car soon. I get that money is an issue but she has children who can surely help.

And now it's time to take Moose outside. He isn't sure about all this mowed grass. I think I disturbed his potty spots.

You girls have a great night, I'm off to eat dinner,

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:29 pm

Irish, I've got my feeder up and forgot to see if the little hummers found it and I was out there cause I was talking to my turtles.... they think they're doggies LOL shhhhh don't tell them.
Valerie, oh goodness, feel better soonπŸ™
Chriss, I haven't tried that salt, I'll put it on my next list. I did find out I shouldn't eat anything with corn.... do you know how many things are made with corn and corn syrup, it's crazy! I'm changing my cooking oil to sunflower oil, gosh it's pricey. Maria told me the other day, "better safe than sorry", I told her safe is crazy expensive. Ugh.
I hope you enjoyed your supper out. I'm so glad the other guy showed up and cleared that other part too.
Frankie got our yards looking pretty good, he's still needing to weed eat the sides of the house and around the back of the pond but it'll wait till he's ready. I watered everything today and I have huge bearded irises blooming and I was surprised to see my reblooming iris are getting some blooms on some of them, I didn't think they would because we had to dig them up and I broke them all apart and Frankie replanted them for me where I laid them out at.... they usually don't bloom the year that's done especially because we only did it about a month or so ago. Pretty cool.
My lilac bush by my living room window is all bloomed and has the the yard smelling delicious! I have 4 lilac bushes in the front yard, 1 is 39 years old and 10 in the back.... can you tell I love them LOL 9 of my 10 in the back yard are cuttings off the old one and this is their 2nd year so they aren't blooming yet, the bees and hummers will be uber happy when they do.
Well I gotta clean the kitchen.
Night.
Tina

Return to β€œSew ins”