Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday April 17

Daily discussions.
zfatcat

Re: Thursday April 17

Post by zfatcat » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:52 am

Tina, glad you are feeling a bit better. Sure hope it's nothing serious.

Jana, kids playing T-ball is very cute.

Maryz, how many Scaredy cat quilts are you making? That reminded me I have the pattern now. I guess I should check out my Christmas fabrics to see what I can use. The quilter is Anna Marie Horner. Glad Bill came through doing okay. Hopefully today he'll be able to see better. It took Bill a few days to see better.

Lois, can't wait to see this quilt.

Judi, so glad Ken is feeling better. It seemed a little touch and go there for a bit.

I have sewing with friends today. I'm only going to bring hand work and say a little bit. I have other things I need to get done before Sunday.

Don't know what's for dinner yet. I still need to get breakfast.

Have a lovely day.

Lori 8-)

patches4

Post by patches4 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:14 am

TinaR
When my kids were small and had strep, or a bad Drs visit, we would get a chocolate milkshake to make things better. I think several 1/4 yards pieces of fabric would make you feel better. Of course I think that could be added to since you were in ER too!
About your side hurting, my daughter has had a bad cough for weeks, finally got someone to pay attention and ct scan shows four ribs healing broken because of coughing so hard.
Hopefully the Dr can help and ease some of your stress.
Will be thinking of you.
Good afternoon to all
TinaB

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:59 pm

Sarah and I just got home from making sure we had all out of my Solara. Also got the license plate. The rear plate was totally destroyed. So I have the front one. Also saw that yes the car is totaled. I could see that the front end has all the underpinnings broken, just by the way the tires were sitting on the car. It was a great car all these years. We would have had it 24 years this July. Now I'm waiting for the insurance to call, she's late!

Sarah and I are heading out again in the little truck to Costco for mattresses. Hopefully nothing more will jump in the basket!

Jana

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:21 pm

Hello, boy my day flew by, its already afternoon. Mid 70's outside, the windows are open and all is peaceful.

I went this morning and had my oil changed. It's just over an hour each way. Moose, the stinky butt dog didn't want to go in the house because he must have known something was up. So he got to spend his morning outside.

I know I said I was going to hire out the weed eating but when I got home from my oil change I weed eated. I still have a call in to hire the big part of the job, but I can do the easy part near the house. I am not sure how far out from the house 100 feet is and don't have anyone to hold the dumb end of the tape measure. I told my dad I need a really big compass so I can figure a 100 foot radius. I only have a small part of the weeding I still want to do, maybe tonight.

Thank you to Els Angels for the lap quilt. I posted a picture in the projects form the heart section. It's nice and bright.

Lori, The lady who fell was blessed that you stopped to help. You were her angel. I also have stuff in cupboards in the garage and on shelves. Instead of going through stuff Jerry would just build another shelf. The garage may not get cleaned up in my lifetime. ha ha.

Tinab, Thanks for waking us up.

Judi, well if you are calling off the funeral I am canceling my plane ticket. Glad Ken is feeling better I will say that it helped me to handle things because I was able to prepare for a year plus. I already had a todo list and knew what needed to be done. Jerry and I discussed his death at length.

Lois, but what about tonight? If you're having eggplant parm tomorrow and you had it last night, what about tonight?

Maryz, you will know that Bill's eye surgery is a success when he tells you you are beautiful. So far, in wrapping things up with Jerry it's been smooth. Just copies of the death cert. While I sent in things right away his pension says I will likely see my first payment the middle of May. And I will get a call from Social Security tomorrow afternoon to find out their plan. Jerry used to get a check the third wednesday of each month so I'm curious to see how long I will wait for payment. He didn't get a deposit on April 17, hoping it's deposited quickly and I don't have to wait.

Lyn, I've also been doing a little yard work. I'm saving the hard part but can do a bit on my own.

O'Dorothy, you know as well as I do that if I stopped by to help we would sit down and gab the day away. Nope, you're on your own girlfriend.

Tina, well? what did the doctor say?

Jana, love that the kids pick daisies in the field. Little is a great age.

Sharon, Sorry for the health issues. glad you aren't having the gall bladder removed, wouldn't want more stuff to go wrong.

I could do one of three things, or I could do all three at some point during the rest of the day. Weed eat that last part and be done with it. Sew my lotto blocks, or tackle another part of the spare room. Ugh, decisions.

For dinner tonight I have hamburger and bacon thawed out. I do have some cabbage in the fridge, maybe cabbage rolls and then bacon for breakfast tomorrow. Need to get moving, have a great rest f the day.
chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:47 pm

Well the insurance came back with a far better number for how much they would pay for my Solara than we had expected. So we accepted and now a few papers to sign and mail them pink slip tomorrow. So now that's over and my insurance will collect from the other insurance that has already in writing accepted responsibility for the accident.

So now I have some money to play with, most likely my deck and or deck furniture. Wonder if it will last as long as the car did?

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:03 pm

Hi everyone!
Here's what my Dr said: She's pretty sure it was a muscle going into spasms from the bending over at an angle over and over. She says that's why I'm still a little sore to be touched right under my boob and right where my heart is and where the pain was. She said if it was my heart it wouldn't hurt to touch it. But I have a referral to see a cardiologist to make sure sure.
I've lost 9 pounds πŸ₯³ I have a looooong way to go but I'm going in the right directions. I think it's really helping me writing everything down and keeping track of my calories. She says I have my caloric deficit good but she wants me to join a lymphedema group which I did today and she wants me to find a lymphedema dietitian which so far no luck but I'm still trying. A regular dietitian won't do because there's all kinds of good healthy food for anybody but can make lymphedema worse. I'm going to see if maybe my health insurance has one available for online at least 🀞🀞
I found this on a group and it's exactly true :
"Part of the frustration of having lymphedema is lack of constructive help out there.Β  Since no one really studies or specializes on the lymphatic system in medical schools or after, we have few answers.Β  We are told it is chronic and progressive, offering no hope."Β 

I did go find me 5 white print fabrics at the quilt shop next door after my appointment, it was all she had, she said it was kinda old fashioned and she didn't carry many πŸ˜‚πŸ€£. Then we went to dollar general so I could get some canned soup since we ran out because I haven't felt like cooking. I had more energy this morning but ended up taking an afternoon nap because I was tired. I got a few more things from the closet off the table and ready to donate but I still have a few more things to go through. I have my granny squares out that I made when Jazmyne was a baby and need to finished putting those together so they don't get put back in the closet, just hope I can do it with my arthritis.

When we used to go watch Matthew in his T-ball games we got such a kick out of watching the kids, we have videos of Matthew dancing LOL he preferred dancing over T-ball, a bunch would dance and play and watch the sky or ground LOL kids are so entertaining πŸ˜† πŸ˜„ πŸ₯°πŸ˜ makes my days bright ❀️ πŸ’™ πŸ’œ πŸ’–
Well it's about bedtime. Night!
Thank you all for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers ❀️
Tina

Return to β€œSew ins”