Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday April 17,

Daily discussions.
patches4

Wednesday April 17,

Post by patches4 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:43 am

Good Morning
Happy Hump Day
Enjoy today to the fullest in all that you do.
Remember you are loved and appreciated too.
Prayers out to all.
Hugs,
TinaB

purrfect-lady

Re: Wednesday April 17,

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:00 am

Good morning,

Today is Bill's second cataract surgery so this will be short (for me, anyway). We have to leave the house about 0600.

TINA B - thank you for a great lead in to our day! Hope yours is a great one, too!

JUDI - How is your patient? And how is your knee? What did dr say? And you're not sick yet are you? I Googled your fabric. Lovely! Did you buy yardage, precuts, or just happen to have it?

MARY Q - oh, I remember now - special rulers! You are so special yourself! Wedding quilts do need the purrfect backing.

JANA - do the kids have an estimated completion date for their house?

LYN - How are all the patients in your family? WA is a common law state for most things. However, when our friend's brother died, his common law wife of 50+ years was denied his hefty retirement benefits as well as SS. Something to consider.

LOIS - How's the mouth feeling? Did you get full dentures? Upper or lower or partial? I have two implants and as nervous as I was about getting them (and paying for them!) I love them.

CHRISS - What did you do yesterday? I'm glad you're going to hire out your weed-eating. I'm getting close to doing that myself - the yardwork I mean. It's just getting to be a lot for me.

I finished my 25 log cabins, sewed them together, and got a short start on a piano key border made with the scraps. I do like how this quilt is turning out. However, my sis, Teese, texted that she liked the Twelve Days of Christmas quilt. Huh?? How does she know?? Turns out I sent her a small group of photos of Amara and accidentally included one of the Twelve Days panel I cut up for this quilt. I didn't tell her it was for her - at least I don't think I did. Sometimes I'm such a goof. Anyway, this morning will be eaten up with Bill's surgery. Then he'll take it easy this afternoon and maybe I'll get my borders finished. If so I want to cut out two more Scaredy Cat Christmas quilts so I can sort and put away all my Christmas fabrics again. I'm getting tired of Christmas sewing. My friend brought me 2 yds of beautiful blue Hawaiian fabric from Hawaii and wants me to make her dinner napkins from them. I made 8 for her (and matching placemats in a pineapple pattern) years ago but several of them blew away when she was using them outside. So, the rest of my sewing week is all planned out.

As for supper tonite, I have cooked chicken and maybe I'll make chicken tacos if that idea passes muster with the HOH. (he claims that means Head of Household, but in the medical world, we nurses call that Hard of Hearing!)

Have a special day, everyone!
mary z
>^+^<

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:06 am

Look who got her drivers license

velvet

Post by velvet » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:11 am

Good morning to all on this beautiful sunny day.

Today Laura and I are going to help with Diane for a qov presentation. It will be at a new coffee shop, owner is a vet and most of his staff are vets. Most look so young its hard to vision them in uniforms serving their country. We did a small qov on their opening day with the ribbon cutting and the raising of the flag then the pledge. Hair raising. The parking lot was filled with tents from all branches of service, police and even state troopers. It was amazing. This was a few weeks ago, today the owner and a few other vets will receive their quilts. I have my tissues all ready-as usual.

I'll check back later to catch up.
I hope everyone has some memory that makes you smile.
Diane

velvet

Post by velvet » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:13 am

OH WHAT A GREAT PIX. I LOVE THE LITTLE SHOES WITH THE BOW. WAS SHE GOING TO SCHOOL OR WORK? SO CUTE.
DIANE

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:50 am

Good morning,
It's starting out nice but by 2 it will rain oh well thats the story for this state :lol: .

Today when Bill gets back from his dr apt we have to go to shoprite I want to get makings for eggplant parm for dinner.
And another chicken dish I want to try.

I will work a little more on my pineapple block as I want to finish it.

Mary I have a full on top and a parcel on bottom.
Wish Bill good Luck today.
Judi how about your knee?

Well thats it for me.
Have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:28 am

Good morning Im late to the party today. I cleaned up the kitchen stripped the bed and started some laundry...since Ken has been home it seems not that much laundry....he has been in his rope fpr the last 5 days...today he has clothes on . He seems to be better but when I suggested that he was better he reminded me flatly that he was still sick/// on the verge of death...but he is dressed today. I might have gotten a head cold in the process...I have a slight cough and a runny nose but no other symptoms..Covid neg this morning,,,
My appt with the dr was good,,,we are on an anti inflammatory regemine..Tylenol 3 x a day and ice 2 x a day...for 2 weeks....if that doesnt do it,,,then draining the cyst and steroid inj will be next...Im good with that I have too much to do...this next 2 weeks///so pray that works...it wont take it away but I wont hurt,,,,these cysts usually do not require surgery ( The surg is worst than the cyst) The cause is usually trauma or arthritis...my case arthritis...
I will trim out some more HSts today and do laundry, Poss tostadas for supper...I have the meat already cooked in the freezer.just need to make some rice and beans...chop up some veggies...We havent had Mexican for a while...so this will be good...It depends 0n my HOH here...He claims to be both head of household and hard of hearing...
Hope you all have a great day XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Cute picture of Amara...look out world..

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:29 am

Good morning!

OK. No more days like yesterday! I've waved my magic wand and declare that! Stu seems to be fine. He's helping a friend this morning and we see how he's doing after that.

Today I have the school run, only its changed as to which school. I'm getting the little girls now since Sarah isn't working. Sarah takes Ethan to cello now. So it's lots of giggles.

Michael had a Dr appointment yesterday, mostly he's fine. But this Dr is adding a new Dr to the list of who we see. A endocrinologist, to watch and handle the diabetes. This is a good thing. We just need to call and get a appointment, hopefully sometime this decade! There are not many here in the valley or in our medical plan.

So I'll be sewing and handling insurance for the car today. So nice having Kari in the insurance business! She's my advisor in all this.

Many prayers for Tina R, Bill, and for that fact, all of us too! Thank goodness prayers are so readily available, and work so well!

Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:10 am

Good morning Girls

Either y'all were really early this morning or I'm really late!! Ok, I guess I crawled out a little later than usual! Not very sunny bright here this morning, so it was easy to lay around in bed a few more minutes.

Tinab... What a wonderful way to start the day! Such a great sentiment. Did you ever write for greeting card companies? It's a perfect thing to put in a card!

Maryz... .Sending lots of good vibes and prayers for Bill this morning. I think we all might have to get a car like Amara's if the price of gas and insurance keeps going up!! She looks like a pretty determined little driver!

Diane .... I can only imagine how awesome that opening day was for the Vets. I get goosebumps sometimes when the pledge is read or the Anthem is sung. And I too always think of Vets as "Old" like from WWII or Korea and Even Vietnam, but I have 3 nephews that are vets as well and they are in their 30-40's.

Lois... Do you ever make chicken teriyaki? I went out with the kids for Evie's birthday and while they were eating sushi.. I had that and decided I could make it at home too.. SUPER easy... lots of onions and a teriyaki sauce! Oh and rice of course, tho I have to limit that---carbs you know! :lol: :lol:

Judi... Glad you finally got to the Dr for the cyst, and glad it won't involve surgery --unless it gets really bad? I figure anytime you can avoid surgery---that's a good thing. I so hope that Ken comes back from the edge of the cliff pretty soon---but if not I'll testify at your trial when you push him off!

Jana... OH my gosh, I went back to read yesterday and saw your notes about Stu!!!! SO glad he is ok, though I imagine he is going to be sore for a while, poor kid!! The other driver must have been going at a good speed to hit him so hard! Does Utah have a "hands free" law that makes it illegal to text/talk and drive. In MN you can get a ticket for holding your phone and driving, so in an accident.. you a libel. Nice to have an insurance expert available too!

Chriss.... So true... sons are pretty darn cool. Hope it works out that Richard's S-bro can help you out with some yard work. I have a little note book in my desk with all my passwords and a book of instructions for my end of life, and several times I've reminded the kids where they are. This Friday I am meeting with an estate lawyer to get everything in place. I'm hoping that if Jen comes home this summer I can have a sit-down with all the kids to go over all of it.

Lyn... Oh oh I got your daughters confused! :lol: Amanda is in Kansas right? Hope Christian continues to heal quickly!!

Yesterday I did get the wedding quilt back together..... but now I'm having a dickens of a time getting it squared up to get the borders on. One side is measuring about 3/4-1" longer than the other. I was getting frustrated so I set it aside for a while. I might try again this morning, but this afternoon I have an appointment at the "Beautification Shop" I should just go to get an estimate for "damages" , but for now I'm going to just get a hair cut! You know that point, where you can't stand it anymore---well that was last week!

That's all the news that's fit to print here!
Wishing you all A Wonderful Wednesday!

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:36 am

Overcast and so humid you could cut it with a knife. 73*, feels like 81*.

MaryZ, Prayers for Bill. Very cute pic of Miss Boots.

Tina, What a scare!! How are you feeling today? I had the same thing happen in the summer of 2014, when we were in Canada and had Gkids with us, and the house was being repaired from flooding. Mine turned out to be stress. If it returns, get back to ER, please.

Judi, Clothes on is a step in the right direction for Ken. Hope he's better soon.

I did little yesterday, but now need to put the pedal to the metal. I have a long list of indoor and outdoor stuff I want to get done. I hope you all have a great day.
Lyn

Return to “Sew ins”