Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday April16,2024

Daily discussions.
auntjana

Re: Tuesday April16,2024

Post by auntjana » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:51 pm

Well, just got squireled! Watched a quilting show and it happened to make a woven tote using up 2.5 strips, just what I cut my bindings at. So now I have a project that would use up left over bindings. I'm a tote bag junkie too!

Then, the next quilting show I have recorded made a adorable quilt block that is a cat face. SQUIRREL! My attention span is that of a gnat!

That what happens when my uglies are done!

Jana

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:38 pm

OK. Not my day!

Stu was taking my Solara to get her smogged and registered . He was turning, with signal on, to the driveway of the smog shop when some dumb teenager on a learner's permit, needed more learning, rear ended my car. Spun the car 180 degrees from original direction of travel. Yes, Stu is fine, but his head hurts and we are having him checked at the Urgent care right now. Called our insurance and they with out even seeing my car, want to total it! To say the least, I'm not pleased. But most likely there's frame damage and I will have to accept their assessment. I have Kari who's a underwriter, so she may be some help in settling. From the back of the car, the bumper is all I see wrong, laying on the ground. Right now, I'm in the don't mess with the Mama bear mode!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:25 pm

Jana, what a bummer. Sure hope Stu is OK. They must have hit him pretty hard to bend the frame.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:32 pm

We had him checked out at the urgent care at the hospital. No concussion and just a stiff neck. He's on Aleve and we can give him a muscle relaxant if needed. We are lucky to get him to take the Aleve!
Daniel ran the numbers for the price of my car, it will get totaled as the high retail value is only 2800.00. The bumper is more than that!

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:58 pm

Jana, So glad to hear that Stu is OK. But, don't sign off on any medical until you are absolutely sure the neck is OK. Been down that road. Sorry about your car. 😞
Lyn

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:12 pm

Hi everyone!
Jana, so glad Stu is ok, I hope he stays that way. Sorry about your vehicle.
Chriss and Maryq, I'm just looking for white with little flowers or little things on, I'll post a pic of what I have cut so you can see.
Sorry I wasn't here today, I had to go to the ER last night and we didn't get home till 2am, I've been exhausted today. I started having this nauseous feeling and acid about 4pm yesterday, took 2 tums and the acid went away but then started having pretty bad chest pains right at my heart and shooting over my left boob. It got so bad I couldn't take a deep breath and was grabbing my chest in pain so I had Frankie take me to the hospital. They took me right in and I'm pretty sure in less than 5 minutes I had an IV, they took blood, had me hooked up to the EKG machine then put me on morphine and something for nausea and put a nitroglycerin pad on my chest, took xrays and after about an hour did a CAT scan. They monitored me for several hours and all my tests came back that it wasn't a heart attack and my heart was ok, my blood enzymes showed no heart attack either. They aren't sure what was causing such bad pains but after the morphine and nitroglycerin were used it stopped it really quick. I'll be going to my Dr Thursday for a follow up and then go to a cardiologist. According to all my tests I'm ok but they want to see if they can figure out what caused it.
I'm pretty wiped out but I'll try to get back here tomorrow.
Thinking of you all and hoping you all are doing good.
Tina

Here's my pic of the strips I'm using, I just picked FQ's mostly from my stash.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:48 pm

Oh my Tina! Stay on top of this - it sounds exactly how Michael's heart attack and surgery went down. First all the tests, came back and said no heart problem, then about 4 days later, started again and then you know the rest of the story. So any pain, go back to the ER.

Many prayers my friend!
Jana

Return to “Sew ins”