Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday April 14th 2024

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Sunday April 14th 2024

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:47 am

Good morning It is another beautiful day here, sun is shining through the windows telling me how winter dirty they are,,,77 for the high today,,,I guess i should strt thinking about the windows...After I see what is going on with my knee they will be my next chore...Ken has offered to help with them this year...but he has come own with the "Man Plague" (AKA common cold)..so he has been napping and whining for the last day...( covid test is negative) It has become routine when ever any one gets sick they now take a covid test...not sure if that means anything now but it tell you what you do or dont have,,,I am not happy he has anything, he is a terrible patient...
I did get up into the sewing room yesterday and cut out an entire quilt...it is Christmas quilt #4 called " An Evergreen Christmas" I love these quilts because they dont scream santa clause or candy canes,,,just trees and design that doesnt need to be packed away on New year,but are ok with the Christmas decor. If I get at it today I will start putting this one together,,,lots of HSTs
Sophia did well yesterday at her volleyball games they played 4 and won 2. Good fpr a brand new team///
I ended up not going,,DD called and said too much walking parking was terrible and not enough seating so many had to stand...besides Ken being sick..so with my bum knee i stayed home...
Well that is enough of my saga...Hope you are all having a blessed sunday,,,Prayers and good thoughts all around XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

purrfect-lady

Re: Sunday April 14th 2024

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:03 am

Irish texted me yesterday and sent a picture of this little cutie, her great granddaughter, Maeve. And I think her shirt says it all!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:32 am

[flash=]Good morning,

JUDI - I was hoping your knee might be a little bit better by the end of the weekend. On the other hand, you have a dr appt on Tuesday and you want to be able to show him the 'full meal deal'. Will Ken go to the appt with you? Sorry you couldn't make Sophia's game but I think you made a wise decision to skip it this week. Were you able to stand to cut fabric yesterday or can you sit? I have to stand. It's too bad that Ken is so sick that he is unable, at this time, to help with windows. Silver lining: colds go away much faster than bad knees. Maybe he'll be doing the windows all by himself! (one can dream, can't one?)

IRISH - You little munchkin is sure a cutie! And if I could, I'd show you the picture of my mom at that age. Other than mom's long hair was curly, they could almost be twins! And when is her baby sibling expected to hit the scene?

JANA - I sure hope Aaron's place sells quickly! It's great that your grands are there to help with the yard work.

MARY Q - Maybe the very end of that sale will have better prices. Less to choose from, I know, but given the state of your garage, perhaps that's a good thing? You will be much happier with your quilt if you fix it. And you shouldn't have to frog too much. I know I would have to fix it. How was your day with Viv? I'm sure you two found some kind of trouble to get into.

SHARONA - What is goign on your must do list? Everything or just sewing things? I think the peanut butter pie was only supposed to be frozen for a few hours to let it set quickly so finish up the recipe. It's impossible to eat when it's frozen hard. I put it in the fridge and it's purrfect texture. It did call for a whole cup of sugar but my teeth balked at that so I only put in 1/2 cup. It was plenty sweet. This recipe is from a cozy mystery I read by Laura Childs, Frill Kill, from her scrapbooking series.

LOIS - how are you feeling today? Did you get any more pineapples finished? How many blocks are you making total?

CHRISS - If I were there I'd be happy to sit on the porch with a cold drink and point out the spots you missed with the weed-eater. I'm a good friend.

Yesterday I kind of floated through the day. Sewed some LC blocks (12 finished, 13 more to go), cut more strips, planted some plants, sat outside with a cold drink and watched Bill wash the pick-up and pointed out the spots he missed, sewed some more, cut some more, took Scottie to the bark park for an hour, prepped supper, then relaxed on the deck with my hexies and talked with my brother and sisters. It was a good day. This morning we're meeting Bill's sister at IHOP in Tacoma for brunch. After that we have no real plans but I'm sure we'll find something to fill the hours. It's going to be 65* today and there is more yard work to be done.

May your bobbins all be full!
mary z
>^+^<[/flash]

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:37 am

Good morning!

It's finally acting like spring! Another beautiful day here. Even was able to have a window open and not feel like I was sitting inside the freezer.

We have a nibble on our little red truck. Our neighbor has a friend who's interested in buying it. So Daniel detailed the truck for the possibility. He has it at his house right now. Kind of sad to sell the little truck. It's been in the family for 22 years! And still less than 80, 000 miles! It was Michael's commute vehicle and then he started working from home, long before the rest of the world.

Not much else here. Church is in a little while and I'm the chorister. We're singing one of my very favorites today.

Enjoy your wonderful day!
Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:55 am

Good morning Girls

It's HERE!! It's HERE!! SPRING IS HERE!!! (Ok, now watch, we will get a snow storm tomorrow!) It got up to 82 yesterday---today the forecast is 71*.. How's that for perfect!

Judi... Sorry you didn't get to Sophie's game yesterday, but I'm glad Colleen gave you a heads up that the walk would have been long and painful. Is Ken feeling better this morning? Does he have to go out of town again tomorrow? I googled your Christmas quilt pattern--is it the one by Cluck Cluck Sew? Pretty darn cute!

Maryz... OH yes, Viv and I had great fun sorting fabric yesterday! She belongs to a little group of quilters in her little town (pop. 186) so I was able to "de stash" some of the stuff Katie's brought home for them. We sorted 30's pieces and matched up pieces/colors to make Millie's quilt. I kind of have a plan for frogging the wedding quilt and as soon as I get my project for Jen done, I'm going to do that. It's on the back burner for now. I'll be going down to Viv's to have it quilted Mid-May so I have a little while. You sure had a full day yesterday, the best part had to be telling Bill how to wash the truck!! Did Susie get home and all settled in?

Irish.. What a cutie pa-tutie little Maeve is... And a perfect Irish name!!! Does this mean there's another new little one on the way!

Lyn... LOTs of prayers for Christian today. My Mom hated motorcycles... and it's not that they are unsafe... it's all the other crazy drivers who don't pay attention to them. Poor guy. When is the wedding? I hope not soon, so he has lots of time to heal.

Valerie... Do you have a Home Depot near by? I've been pretty lucky finding what I need there. After I moved in to my townhouse I got new washer, dryer, fridge, and dishwasher, as the ones here were from 1998 and I just had a feeling they were going to GO any minute. Then there's the debate about front load vs top load. My DIL Kris swears by her front load and I love my top load because I can get at least a Queen size quilt in it---no agitator. In any case.. I hope you find what you need!

Chriss.... OH what fun... to go play with sewing machines!!! I hope some of them are salvageable. KC left behind hers, so now I have 7 machines in the house.... don't ask me why, but I just have a hard time letting them go. I probably could sell one or two of hers, they are just the little basic Brother Machines. Hope your meeting goes well with SS on Friday.. I'll send up a couple extra prayers that it's all good news.

Jana.... Isn't it great to be able open windows again!!! The nights still are cold here, but so nice to have open windows during the day, with a nice light breeze through the house! I'm just waiting for the perfect day to wash them!!

Today I have to clean up the mess Viv and I made with the 30's prints yesterday, then get busy working on the project for Jen's math students. I was hoping I could get them in the mail tomorrow but I probably won't make it. I'd like to get them up there before their school is out for the summer. :lol: :lol: We are having Easter 2.0 as Evie calls it, since Tom and Viv didn't make it up for Easter Sunday. So I have some frozen bread rolls thawing to bring over. I hear the menu is Beef Wellington!

For now I need more coffee (don't I always :lol: )

Wishing you all a peaceful easy Sunday
Last edited by maryq on Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

patches4

Post by patches4 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:55 am

Good sunny Sunday morning one and all,
I did not get here yesterday however I had you all especially Chriss and TinaR on my mind.Hope your day today is special and successful and productive for you no matter what you so. I realize my biggest problem is thinking I will get so much done and when only a portion of gets done I feel bad and get discouraged. So many things for me are like that if I allow it. Sewing, cleaning, sorting ,decluttering etc always take longer and longer. At 74, my mind at times is still stuck at a younger age, but now I must get into cleaning up things because we only have today we don’t know how many tomorrows we have.
So I have today and I am going to make the very most of it and I hope for all of you as well. I love all the gardening happening and sewing you all are doing. Maryq, if you really want to get rid of 30s or any fabric please keep me in mind. Thanks.
Everyone have a beautiful day and find contentment and happiness in whatever you do.
Blessings, hugs and love,
TinaB

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:08 am

Good morning, weather report says 57 today, but it also says it's raining right now and it isn't. Yesterday was quite cold, wet and windy. I stayed inside all day. I do have to run to Kaiser this morning real quick but that is all.

The fisherman are expected home around noon. Then I have to go pick up my machine in Vacaville. DH said we can probably do the laundry here as as long as we turn off the water after. The fill valve is apparently what is kaput.

Yesterday I did get my 1st block of my BOM done, block two should mail out tomorrow. I am going to try real hard to keep up with this one. I also got another lotto block done and 4th one about halfway. I will finish that today too and hopefully the homework for my Saturday mystery quilt class. It is the last class so want to be prepared.

Jana hope you can sell the truck but at the same time a bit meloncholy. Hate to see it go after that long.

Judi hope they can get your knee straightened out. Knees are important to mobility, well and sewing.

Irish what a cute picture of the little one. They grow so fast.

Maryq I agree with Maryz, as these sales go one the % off usually goes up. Although most of the good stuff is gone then too. I am very close to a home depot. Front load for me.

Maryz can't say I have ever ate Peanut Butter pie. Does it taste like Reeses?

Lori I only have one of LBQ books, I may look into that scrap one. It sounds fun. Love that little quilt.

Chriss did you get that paperwork done? Many prayers that yours goes better than mine has. I will be calling the annuity company this week along with the AF Retirement office and check on progress. I am not sure how pensions work but I think if you are over 60, you can collect on Jerry's SS. I don't know when I will have the test results. I did inform DH that my new plan is to die distitute so nobody has to go through this! He wasn't too keen on that idea.

I am still considering what to do about the washer. It is fixable but also getting very old. I will need to get a new one somewhere down the road and would like to do that while I am still working. My maintenance agreement will replace it if it is not fixable but with their choice of machine. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Well I must be off to get some breakfast and I have to be at Kaiser by 1030. Lab opens at 7 though and don't want to wait in a long line. Have a great day everyone!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:18 am

Oh wait, I almost forgot! El has Millies' Dresses pattern on sale, I bought one.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:30 am

Good morning Everyone,

I have been up for a while straightened up dressed and now sewing trying to get myself on some kind of schedule we have some early appointments and so that will be that.
It going to be beautiful here today sunny and in the 70's.
I'm making chicken for dinner.

I hope Everyone has a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:59 am

Good Sunday morning.

Taxes were e-filed yesterday at 5:30. Getting a refund. We paid estimated taxes last year and for several years, but there was a big change downwards in income last year.

Christian update, they finally got him to the trauma floor and a real bed, late last evening. He's suppose to have surgery on his cheek bone this morning.

Stacey had headed home from Swedish hospital to get some sleep. But Kaylyn called and said she'd been thrown while riding a horse earlier in the day and thought she might have a concussion. She had vomited a couple times just before calling her Mom, then handed the phone to her boyfriend and threw up again. Kaylyn's Dad is a fireman and was on duty. Stacey called him and they agreed Kaylyn needed to get checked out. She first went to the closest fire station (not Dad's) and paramedics looked at her and said she should go to the hospital. Her boyfriend drove her to Lutheran hospital and Stacey met them there. Another late night of me praying and waiting for answers. Thankfully Kaylyn's CT scan came back Ok.

Poor Stacey, it's been one thing after another. She rightfully text, April sucks!! At the first of the month the landlord told them he was selling the duplex they live in. The buyer is saying he will increase rent several hundred dollars. Then Christian and Kaylyn.

Today I will clean house and cook Chuck roast for the BBQ sandwiches we'll have tomorrow for the friends coming to lunch. Oh, and a couple loads of laundry.

I hope you all have a blessed day.
Lyn

Christian is in surgery.

Return to “Sew ins”