Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday April 14th 2024

Daily discussions.
WeeOne

Re: Sunday April 14th 2024

Post by WeeOne » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:47 am

Stacey just text, Christian is out of surgery. The Dr said he's doing well, had to put 2 plates in. Thank you all for your prayers!
Lyn

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:45 am

Morning
Yesterday we went over to kids house to get some things done for DS1 that he didn't get to before he went back on the road. After that DDIL & the grands came over for supper. So I didn't get my planter finished.
Just home from church, so after lunch I will get back out there.
Flo

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:02 am

Dorothy that is one cute kid....I bet she is fun.....xxxooo

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:56 am

Dorothy, You have a very pretty great granddaughter! Does Big Sis know if she's getting a brother, sister or a surprise?
Lyn

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:53 am

Good afternoon from a very sunny, warm, darn near purrfect, SW. Pa....I should be outside but really being lazy today but will get out there before long......
MaryZ, thank you so much for posting a picture of our little Irish lass...

And thank you all for the nice comments....And yes, she is to be "big sis" around the middle of October...Did talk to my grandson and with Maeve, they waited until almost the end to find out (pink/blue) but he said, they should know within the month and let me know with this one.......Which means add another afghan to the list....

MaryZ what a great day you had yesterday, doing and not doing what you want is always super...And when you decide to go to Chriss's to help with the weed whacking, let me know...I've had lots of practice when Jim would be doing ours.....

Judi, sorry to hear that knee is still aching up...A neighbor just had her's replaced and she's been out walking the dog as if nothing happened...What they do now is unbelievable...And those windows will wait but I can see, you might not get too much help in the "hubby department", lol....So funny, when the guys get sick....

Jana, when you have something that long, it becomes a part of the family and is hard to give up...But, if it's someone close, you'll still be able to visit...You said, you were doing your favorite song but didn't tell us what it is.....

Lyn, Always happy to hear there are refunds out there...And also happy to hear Christian is out of surgery and doing well...My Kevin has a bike and I'm always worried when he's out...And, most of the time, those accidents do happen when the driver of a car isn't paying attention...And then to have Kaylyn get hurt, I can see why you didn't get much sleep....With everyone sending those extra prayers, things will be OK....So what is happening with your new "sewing shed"?

Maryq, Can just imagine the fun you and Viv had but I can only imagine what your garage might look like, filled to the brim with fabric.....When I needed my washer, I went to Home Depot and took my grand son, Nick, with me...He was funny but made sure I could retrieve all the clothes from the bottom without falling in...And it doesn't have an agitator...So when I moved in the mobile, it was all electric and had to get a new dryer so back to Home Depot...It was during covid and the delivery men weren't allowed to come into the house so Kevin and I brought in and plugged it in....A neighbor had just ordered a fridge from Lowes and when they brought it, they said, they weren't allowed to disconnect the water line for the ice maker...After much "discussion" she told them to load up that fridge, she'd be at the store the next day for a refund and then went elsewhere and bought it and they installed....But, there are so many different kinds out there, you really get confused.....I cannot imagine having 7 sewing machines...I had 3 and when it was time to give one away, it broke my heart but 7......

TinaB, I understand completely about the thinking taking up so much time...Not sure what happens between the thinking and the doing...But, don't ever think 74 is old and it's OK to have those younger thoughts......

Well, once again, I'm running out of time and this sure isn't getting me outside....For my dinner, I might be having left over chicken parm and some pasta.....When I order, I should just automatically tell them to put half in a box before they serve...We did play cards last night and she had pie so I'm still on a sugar high.... Kind of have a busy week coming up...Taking my sister for a doctor's appointment tomorrow and then taking her to the court house on Tuesday for training for the upcoming election...She's been working the poles for years and every they have to take a class?????

So, you all have a great rest of the day.............Enjoy the spring weather!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:21 pm

Good morning. The day started out raining but is now clearing up. I've been quite busy.

A friend from church got into a car accident yesterday and totaled her car. She ended up in the hospital and needed a ride home. Thankfully she only has a fracture on her wrist. She is now home and so am I

Yesterday I started going through pictures and am making piles for Jerry's siblings. I will make a pile for Richard and Marilyn as well. It will be good to get them moved to the people they belong to and out of here. It's a start to cleaning out the spare room.

Today will be more of the same and then church tonight.

I looked up my car insurance and found that if I remove Jerry as a driver and change my status to retired instead of employed I can still save a few bucks. Yay me. Things are coming together.

Judi, sorry Ken isn't feeling well and hope he's better soon. Guess had he stayed home instead of going on that trip he wouldn't have gotten those germs.

O'Dorothy, Miss Maeve is so very adorable. I'd just love to smooch those cheeks.

Maryz, If you had come here we'd had to have sat inside or we would get wet from the rain. Sugar melts when it gets wet so neither of us would be here if that happened. We used to have an IHOP in Merced, I'm so glad it isn't there, pancake syrup is my weakness. A new place is in their building. It's called Bag O Crab. Not sure I will ever go to a place called Bag O Crab.

Jana, I saw a cartoon the other day. Spring is here, it's gone, wait, it's back. oops there it goes, funny. hope you sell that red truck.

Tinab, you're right, no one knows how much time they have. A person could be hit by a bus today or live to be over 100. Just make the most of the time you have at the moment. I make lists and cross off each task as I go. Right now my big job is to wrap up Jerry's stuff and clean out the spare room. That spare room is full of junk and quite overwhelming. It will get done, but slowly. You can't worry about tomorrow, tomorrow will worry about itself. Something I once read. You can't get anything done if you are busy wringing your hands.

Valerie, AMEN!!!! I will also die destitute. So many little details to wrap up. I was looking at my antivirus on my computer. I wanted to change it from Jerry's info to mine. Problem is I shut down his phone and it is needed to received a code via text. I will have time so don't have to do it now, but dang it. Other paperwork is coming along nicely. I do get 71% of Jerry's SS. Problem is I don't know exactly what that amount is. He had Medicare and some Fed Tax stuff taken out. I will get a call on the 19th with more info. I am eligible for SS at 62, I'm 60. I will get Jerry's until the amount I would get on my own surpasses his amount, then I receive mine. Most all my paperwork is done. I do have a few phone calls to make yet. Hope the tests come out in your favor.

Lois, I made chix parm for dinner last night, I have enough to have tonight and mybe I'll add a salad too.

Lyn, Prayers for the kids. Glad the surgery went well. Hope things start looking up for them.

Flo, that's right girl, get back out there and get to work. Your yard and garden will be so beautiful when it's all full of plants.

O'Dorothy, I'm going to have leftover chix parm with cauliflower rice and a salad. we should dine together.

Maryq, the sewing machines were ok, but not great. they need a good cleaning.

Time to get back to those pictures and have some linner. You all have a marvy day,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:12 pm

Here's part of the words to my favorite hymn.

The Lord is my light, then why should I fear.
By day and by night, His presence is near.
He my salvation from sorrow and sin,
This blessed assurance the Spirit doeth bring
Chorus
The lord is my light,
He is my song and my joy
By day and by night, he leads me, he leads me, along.

Many of our hymn tunes are only sung in our church meetings. So you may not be familiar with them. It's a beautiful tune too! In fact, the Church is re-doing our current hymnal and adding more beautiful hymns, of which I will learn.

Jana

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:14 pm

Sometimes you just have to shake your head at how the day turns out...ken is still sick and whiney profusely...but My youngest, and his wife came by. Heather and Chris came by with Ryker and River,,,,They refused to go in the house ( due to Ken being sick) so we all sat out in the camper ( which he now owns) Rob decided to wash the camper ( it was bad) and Jennifer and heather sat in lawn chairs watching,,,LOL And Ryker decided to get into some tools and "build " something,,,in the shop that left River and Grammie,,,we played and colored and put stickers on everything for an hour and a half...This is the child who wouldnt talk to me for the first 2 and 1/2 yers of her life...she would only say hi and good bye,,,now we are best buds,,,she will be 3 this summer...it was so much fun I forgot how much fun littles can be ,,,,,she is so smart...too...we were doing "Homework" and she knows many of her letters by sight,,,impressed me....then it gets better,,,the family had to leave,,,and my neighbors came by with stuffed cabbage dinners from the hungarian church ladies..they had extras and thought we would like them....well no cooking ,,,,it was a win win day,,,I feel so blessed...xxxooo
Chris I am doing the same photo purge...I have 58 yrs of vacations and families growing up...I am making an album for each kid grand kid and great grand kid...I will also make an album of Ken and I....I also am sending photos of those who have passed to their kids...so they may rememeber them....so many have died,,,and so many are growing old like us,,

Return to “Sew ins”