Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday April 13th 2024

Daily discussions.
WeeOne

Re: Saturday April 13th 2024

Post by WeeOne » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:57 am

Valerie, Year's ago Whirlpool made Sears washers and dryers. I learned that when buying a set back then. Hope you get to sew.

Oh, I will get pictures posted, after Monday. Taxes have to get done by Monday morning. We have friends coming up from San Antonio for lunch and to see our house. We've known them for years, met at RV Park on the coast.
Lyn

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:14 am

Good morning. It's supposed to be a soggy day today but I only see clouds and some wind. It would be nice if the wind would amp up enough to blow around the grass I weed eated.

Got a lot done yesterday. Weed eating in the morning, went to see dad in the afternoon. He and my stepmom took me to lunch. While at lunch I got a call that Jerry's ashes and death certificates were ready for pick up. We went and got those and then home I went for more weed eating. It was a very productive day.

Today the plan is to go into town and fax Jerry's death certificate to his pension office. On the 19th I have a phone meeting with Social Security and once those two things are finished I will know what my income is. That will be a moment to exhale.

Lori, you were so right, the messes are still here today. They will get tackled, I still have a goal of finishing by the end of the year but realistically I hope to make a good dent by the end of the year. Media questions are very stupid. And even stupider are the peoples answers to those questions. I would hate to be interviewed, I'm sure I would sound like an idiot.

Judi, hope Tuesday's dr. appt goes in your favor. I was going to say it's cloudy here but there must have been a hole in the clouds, the sun just shined in my eye. Glad Ken is home and all is as it should be.

Tina, I had forgotten we shared a wedding anniversary. It would have been 22 years for us. I picked up Jerry's ashes yesterday so he is technically home for our anniversary. I'm surprised he was ready so quickly. Wonder what on earth is getting your chickens? Not sure what digs a hole that eats chicken. Can't wait to find out.

Lois, I also need to do a little cleaning around here. that spare room of mine isn't going to going to empty on it's own. Maybe I'll tackle it today or maybe I'll just meet you in the sewing room.

Maryz, what a fun couple of days you are having. Will you put chocolate on the peanut butter cheesecake? I never made chix parm yesterday, will do it today instead. Thanks for the happy anniversary wish, My grandma died on my anniversary in 2018, I'm glad Jerry didn't do the same.

Flo, I saw those pictures, that is a cool garden.

Jana, I love that you all gather and help eachother. It's so hard for me to ask for or accept offered help.

Maryq, I will have help with the strip of weedeating along the road but not likely with the rest. We'll see. I wouldn't refuse a box of 30's fabric, I'm sitting under a quilt now full of 30's fabric from El's Angels. It was sent to me in 2018 when my grandma died. It's my very favorite. You know what? I like your attitude, you have such a positive outlook and see things in a positive light. Alwas looking up. I like that about you.

Sharon, how do you make chicken mozzerella bake? It may be easier than chix parm. I have spiral notebooks full of todo lists. One is sitting right beside my chair.

Valerie, glad you are feeling better. I won't get to sew much today but tomorrow morning is all about me. Will you have your test results before the end of next week? Wouldn't it be wonderful if it were an easy fix?

Lyn, taxes. I am so thankful that I did ours long ago. hope you get millions back. Hope you can make it to Oregon. Prayers said for Christian, what a unexpected terrible thing to happen. I'm doing well with the weedeating. I will likely have someone do the hard part. And after I get it all whacked down might have someone tidy it all up. I have time. I'm pretty sure the cake they are eating in heaven is angel food. ha ha

Ok, gotta get my butt moving. I need to go get something faxed then meet a girlfriend. A man, whose wife died, had about 15 sewing machines that she bought because they were metal framed. Well he brought my friend 5 machines and will bring the rest next week to see if she could clean them up and do something with them. She recruited me. The machines are, from the picture she texted me, not great. I told her we would plug them in and if the motors don't run we won't even mess with them. I'm not putting time into something that really isn't worth it.

So, that being said, I need to get a move on. You all have a fabulous day
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:09 pm

This is the latest mini I've been working on. I need to sew down all those little leaves.

Lori 8-)

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:55 pm

Lori that is beautiful...I love it...size?

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:13 pm

Very pretty Lori
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:00 pm

Judi, 21 1/2 x 21 1/2. It from the book "Little Handful of Scraps," by Edyta Sitar. I just used scraps I had.
Lori 8-)

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:57 pm

it's adorable Lori, I love it.
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

velvet

Post by velvet » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:39 am

Lori-so cute! I have a couple of books by LBQ. I hope to do at least 1 of her quilts from each of those books. But, in reality I just at the pictures and dream. Oh well.

I don't know what in the plans for today. But pretty sure sewing will be on the list. What are your plans?
Enjoy the beautiful day.
Diane

Return to “Sew ins”