Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday April 13th 2024

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Saturday April 13th 2024

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:18 am

Good morning It is sunny and bright high in the 60s...a beautiful day here. ken is home and we are back to normal///I am up and he is still in bed...
Today we have a volley ball game Sophia's first. ( She had joined a spring league)...It is only and hour and only once a weekend,,so we will venture out...I am not sure about the seating arraingements i dont think i can climb the bleachers with a bum knee...so we shall see I was told i can take folding chair and use it...I also been told by my hubby that i must use a cane which we have several here,,,including an Irish black thorn...lol a little more stylish dont you think.
I didnt get to the sewing room yesterday at all but made a bit more progress on the photo sort. I think a Few more weeks and that project will be put to bed,,,,I need to get quilt#4 done and so sewing will be my priority this week....I hope...( we shall see ofter tuesday Dr appt) well hope you all have a great day,,,I need to get breakfast started. Prayers sentXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

gershwin64

Re: Saturday April 13th 2024

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:06 am

Good morning everyone 🌞
Judi, I'm glad all is back to normal at your house. Your knee sounds pretty painful, I hope the Dr can get you all fixed up. I love volleyball games, have fun!
I didn't sew yesterday, I spent almost all day outside, it was such a beautiful day. Everything is happy and watered. We stayed out till we couldn't see last night trying to see if whatever got our chickens would return but it didn't. I'll be checking the game cams next to see if it came back through the night. It got 6 of my chickens, 3 drug down into this enormous hole it dug that seemed like it went on forever, 1 with it's head bitten off and 2 that we have in the little brooder to see if they'll make it but it's not looking very good. I've searched online and it says badgers won't drag food into their holes and they'll only eat chickens when they're very hungry and have no berry, seed, grub, etc source of food, so we're still trying to figure it out.
Today is our 39th anniversary so we're eating out.
I gotta scoot, you all have a great day!
Prayers for those in need 🙏
Tina

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:17 am

Good morning,

Well the days are getting better yesterday we cleaned the house and after that I was tired so nothing else got done .

Today I'm all dress had breakfast going to have a little more coffee then maybe I can start sewing.

Judi I hope your knee will be a quick fix enjoy your volleyball game.

Tina happy Anniversary have a great day.

Well thats my story for today
I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:37 am

Good morning,

JUDI - sorry you need a bit of support for walking, but I Googled Irish Black Thorn Walking Stick. You'll really be glamming things up with that beauty! Now I want one! You know, a thought - you might slow your roll on those pictures a few days until after your dr appt. If you need knee surgery the pictures might be an excelllent activity during your recovery period. Photos and hexies and audio books will keep you occupied until you can sew again.

LORI - I love your DH's response to the reporter! They ask such silly questions. Naughty Scottie is slowly easing his way back into our good graces but he's not sorry for anything!. And not allowed off his leash yet! I like to listen to Koko and Yum Yum stories by Lillian Jackson Braun, too. They are sweet, clean, mild mysteries, purrfect stories for when you want to be able to keep half your mind on something else. I also enjoy Mary Daheim, Krista Davis, J.A.Jance, Monica Ferris, Joanne Fluke, Sue Grafton, Janet Evonovich, and Diane Mott Davidson to name just a few.

CHRISS - thinking of you on your anniversary. I mark those days doing something I really enjoy - usually sewing. It's also the day my friend, Betsy, got her double lung transplant or was "reborn", which gave her almost another 11 years. I will be thinking of you both today. I think a chicken parm dinner would be much appreciated by your dad. I'm sure he'd love to see his little girl. (That's Dad speak for you.❣️)

MARY Q - sorry the sale was a bust for you, but think of the money you saved! Wonder why the friend went along with you. My sisters and I went on a thrifting binge in CO one year. A friend of Teese's insisted on going with us but wouldn't go into any stores with us. She stood outside, smoked, paced, and complained the entire day. Teese shrugged and said, "That's just Tanya". I asked her why they were friends. Because their husbands were. (they aren't any more. :lol: ) As to the wedding quilt - remember - odd number of blocks in every row. I couldn't see the entire quilt in your picture but it looked like you needed to add a block to the four lower rows.

LOIS - glad you're feeling better and your house is clean.

TINA - Happy Anniversary! Your poor chickens. I hope you figure out what got them? Our next door neighbors have chickens. I love listening to them and we feed them veggie scraps. But a raccoon got several of them at first. The chickens are fine now in a better enclosure and we have no more raccoons. The neighbor "discouraged" them from hanging around here. I hope you have enough fabric for your white logs. How big are you making your quilt? BBQ'd pork sandwiches are a great idea! Also pork fried rice.

Yesterday was a hang around the house day. I did some sewing, some cooking (made a frozen peanut butter cheesecake pie), and visited with friend who stopped by. Today I'm going to plant some flowers outside, take Scottie to the Bark Park, sew, and relax on the deck this afternoon/evening. We also have some packages to mail. If we have BBQ'd pork sandwiches, we need some rolls but I might make them myself using Judi's recipe. I'll see what B thinks he wants for supper.

I hope your day is a good one!
mary z
>^+^<

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:50 am

Morning.
Been working on planters. Posted pics on our Facebook page. Back outside for another day of work.
Flo

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:12 am

Good morning!

Beautiful day here. I guess the snow has packed up it's travel bags and skee-daddled out of here for awhile. I'm good with that!

My boys came and did yard work. Tanner is a hoot- there were some fluffy type weeds, that were all the same, so he gathered them up and came in to show his dad. "See dad, a bridal bouquet! " We have a future blackmail picture! 😀

Not much here. Everyone is packing up the PODS today. Aaron's Ward is helping too. Should make quick work of that job. There's a open house tomorrow, so hopefully someone will like it!

I'll be in the Batt Cave , enjoy what your pleasure is today!

Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:17 am

Good morning All

Spring has finally arrived!!! Alexa says it's going to get up to 77 today! Guess I better dig out some shorts and hope that they still fit me!

Judi... Here's my theory---progress made in any direction is a good thing! So which ever way you're headed today... I hope you will be happy with your progress. A few years ago I bought myself a walker with wheels--one of the best purchases ever, though I really hate to use it because it makes me feel REALLY old. It sure does come in handy tho. I've heard those Baker cysts can be painful, my neighbor across the way has one too and I see her walking very slowly and carefully!

Tina... Oh man, that stinks... to be losing your chickens!! Seems if some critter wants to find a way in to get 'em, it will! My Dad was always so p-ed when the local foxes would get to his! But he was really mad when they killed his peacocks!!! Hope you find out what's getting them and can find a way to prevent it! OH and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
💕

Lois... Gosh... you even SOUND better---🤩 Are you going to be working on your Pineapple blocks today? Remember I mentioned I knew I had some solids around here---well I found them! They are now safely stored in a box with a Label on it!

Maryz... Yeh, I was kind of bummed about the sale, but on the other hand, to me 15% off isn't that big of a sale. The fabric warehouse is always 1/2 off of bolt price.. which makes buying several yards much less painful I'm headed over there this week to get backing for the wedding quilt. Which, I will be taking apart this weekend and re-doing! Not too many people would notice it, but it bugs me! I'm going to write down some of the authors you mentioned. Always looking for new things to read. I've read J A Jance and really like her. I started a Collen Hoover book, but not sure I like it. I'm a HUGE John Grisham fan and am in the middle of one of his now. I just can't read what my Mom used to call "mattress maneuvers" where all the action is in a bed somewhere!🤣🤣🤣

Chriss.... I'm glad to hear you are going to hire help for around the yard. Just that chore off your list will help you breathe a little better--my two cents worth. It's over flowing 30's prints here... You just never know.. a package of them may show up on your door step! :lol: :lol:

Speaking of 30's prints.. Viv is in town and coming over to visit. We are going to sort them out and share. We both want to make "Millie's Dresses" so I think we'll sit and match up pieces for each of us. And not that Viv hasn't seen my house a mess, but I think I'll go tidy up a bit, so she can at least get in the door! :lol: :lol:

See you all tomorrow

womster

Post by womster » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:40 am

Good morning!

Judi – in my mind, Sophia is still three years old. I think the Irish blackthorn would be the perfect accompaniment. I can’t remember if I told y’all about the time we went to a basketball game for a granddaughter. There were NO railings at all. People sitting on the end offered their hands and arms to walk me down (small town). Even Jim had problems – so scary! Thank you for saying how long your picture project is taking. For some reason, my brain thought if I couldn’t get it done in one day, I shouldn’t start it. I’m so glad Ken is home!

Tina – that is so sad about your chickens. I hope you guys figure out what it was. Happy anniversary!!

Lois – yay for days getting better. Hope you get to sew some today.

Maryz – the bark park – LOL! Maisie has a bark box (deck box) that she sits on to survey her kingdom. Did you guys ever figure out what he was barking at? A frozen peanut butter cheesecake pie? Do you eat it frozen? Color me intrigued.

Flo – I’ll go check out your planters. I need some ideas…

Jana – a bridal bouquet – genius! Have fun in the batt cave.

Maryq – in the needlework group I’m in, their slogan is “Progress over Perfection”. I think I need to have that tattooed somewhere.. I’m with you on mattress maneuvers books. We have Kindle Unlimited, I think I have read ¾ of the cozy mystery genre they have. Have fun with Viv.

Chriss - my thoughts and prayers are with you today, more so than normal.

I didn’t get out to sew yesterday. I guess my brain is overwhelmed because there is SO much to do, and it seems I can’t do things they way they should be done. So, I’m going to write down every ding dang thing that comes into my head that needs to be worked on, make a list and prioritize. At the top of that list is getting that darn t-shirt quilt done. It is hanging over my head like the sword of Damocles. For dinner I think I will make the chicken mozzarella bake I was supposed to make earlier in the week. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:57 am

Good morning and happy Saturday. Today is sew day, everything else can wait! DH and DS will be home tomorrow and they can help with taking the laundry to the wash house. DH can make arrangements for my machine to be fixed but have actually been thinking about buying a new one. This one is around 22 yrs old. No more sears though so now sure what I will do.

Lois I have to ask, what is Farina? I don't think I have ever ate it. Will have to look next time I go to the grocery.

Lori I am glad I gave up the position too. My day position is giving me a bit more hours than I planned on but if I can get 8 hour days 4 days a week with benefits (only have to work 30 hrs a week with them for benefits) I can give up the night shift job. I don't get called out a lot on the night shift job but still have to set alarms to clock in and out including lunch time. So no good solid sleep. With both jobs though have been able to sock away some $$ so that is helpful.

Chriss it was a bit cold here for me yesterday to open windows and I woke up to rain this am. How was the trip to your parents? I am sure Grandma and Jerry are having the time of their lives. Watch for that butterfly or little gust of wind, that is Jerry saying Happy Anniversary. The shop in Vacaville has a lady that teaches Sashiko if you want to try your hand at it. Prays for your BIL's health. I think I am okay, maybe stress, who knows.

Maryq yes I went on the fishing trip. I got sick there and after way too many hours in the ER, I was closer to home so just came here and stayed. I don't mind being alone. The first few days were a bit of a challenge as I didn't feel well but it is better now. Working on my 24 hr urine test today. This is a pain in the you know what. I want to make Millie's dresses too! Not that I don't have 50 other things I need to be doing.

Tina so sorry about the chickens. I had to look up badger. I don't think we have them here. Happy Anniversary

Maryz the pill I had to take was Dexamethasone and then they draw a Cortisol level a certain number of hours after. In my case it was 9 hours. They are looking to see if the nodules are functioning or nonfunctioning. 95% of these nodules are nonfunctioning and therefore should cause no symptoms. Poor Scottie, he was just being protective. Give him a little scratch behind the ear for me.

Sharona after saying a dozen times if I could just have a week off work I could catch up my sewing, I have had a week off work and not caught up anything! Today is the day though. Remember how do you eat an elephant, one bite at a time. Take 30 minutes everyday and work on your projects, you will get there.

Katy good to hear from you. I am a bit confused about the PSA level. I think in his age group it should be less than 4. What did the doctor have to say? That is a bit high.

Jana always busy at your house.

Well I think it is time to get the sewing machine started up. Hoping I can ignore the little messes here and there and get some stitching in. Have a great day

Judi wow that is quite a stick. You'll be styling for sure.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:33 am

Good morning from the Hill Country. Looks to be a nice day.

I've kept up with reading what everyone is doing and thinking, I will comment on that when I get a chance to post. Well my head is blank on those last few days of comment ideas. Thursday we got the kids to the airport and they got back home at almost midnight. Maddox was dropped off at his Dad's for the weekend, he was missing Dad. Amanda had a mess to clean in her house. Seems the people who were suppose to let her old dog out, forgot to show up Thursday!! Not a fun homecoming.

Judi, Hope your knee is an easy fix. I vote for using the Irish Blackthorn cane, very stylish looking.

Tina, I hope you find the chicken gett'r and get it. Happy Anniversary!

Lois, Sounds like you are doing better, have a great day.

MaryZ, I think you ask how long we were going to be here at the house. I have some things I want to get done, so we'll probably go back to the coast the 18th or so. We'll leave for Indiana, and our summer travels, from there.

Flo, I will try and find your FB post. If I were here all summer, I'd be planting several things.

Jana, I lost track. Are the kids staying with you or another household? Nice that the ward will help pack up.

MaryQ, That great sale sounds like a mad house. Good idea to pass. What color will back the wedding quilt?

Sharona, We are twins in overwhelmed. I hope the T-shirt quilt comes together quickly so you can move to something else.

Chriss, I understand about wanting to do the lawn yourself, but maybe hire the guy to come in and help catch it all up. Send me a photo of your riding lawn more and if it's like mine I may have a tip or two. Wishing you an Anniversary that I'm sure is filled with happy memories with Jerry. I wonder what kind of cake they are eating in heaven?

I'm exhausted, but a day of doing nothing but rest is a few days off. I was too tired Thursday afternoon, so didn't get Turbo Tax loaded on laptop until yesterday midday. My lawn guy who cuts when we are gone all summer, stopped yesterday to discuss the summer plans. I haven't had time to cut the empty lot and it's getting tall, so he's coming over today to do it. I will be working on the taxes!!

My DD1, Stacey, text her sister and I last evening. My almost SIL, Christian, had an accident on his motorcycle. Some idiot in a truck pulled a U turn in front of him. It's now good. He was near Swedish Hospital, which is a level 1 trauma center that DD2, Amanda, worked at before moving to KS. Stacey said they seemed very short staffed and they weren't getting the wounds cleaned up and stitched or anything. Then some hours after he's still waiting, there's a mad rush to prep the area next to Christian because the flight for life helicopter was landing with a trauma patient. This morning so far we know that there's swelling behind right eye, but a Dr checked it and thinks it's OK. All damage is on his right side, fractured right cheek, 4 broken ribs, broken fibula and toes and broken pinkie finger. Waiting for MRI of the pelvis. I would appreciate some prayers for Christian.

I was working on taxes last night and my sister, La Jean who lives in Oregon, called to tell me that she's having surgery on May 6th to replace right hip. We talked a long time, then Stacey's text came in. As we were hanging up, La Jean said, I hope we get to see each other again before one of us dies. That breaks my heart. We haven't seen each other since June 2021, when we went to our Aunt's 90th birthday party in Nebraska. La Jean's granddaughter is getting married in Oregon, July 27th, and we will be invited. But, we will be in Canada. I know Garry doesn't want to go, but I do. I'm trying to figure out how I can fly to Oregon for a couple of days, but know that Garry and Minnie will be taking care of while I'm gone. Well, I have to put that on the back burner for now.

More coffee and taxes.
Lyn

Return to “Sew ins”