Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday April 12,2024

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Friday April 12,2024

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:25 am

Good morning,

Well here I am it's a new day and I'm starting to feel a little better.
Yesterday was a good day Bill went to the grocery store and found Farina so happy to have that.
I also went to hobby lobby for a few things and felt a little better I'm still working on my pineapple quilt I now have 11 blocks done so thats not to bad .
Today is our cleaning day so after breakfast will get to it.
Well thats all the news from here.
I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

velvet

Re: Friday April 12,2024

Post by velvet » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:55 am

Good sunny morning to everyone.
LOIS--before you start your cleaning could you stop here and do mine? LOL. I always try to get started early but coffee and breaksfast gets in my way.

MARYZ--Please give me your brothers name from the Mullinix. I'll see Diane for a qov at the vets cafe in a few hours. Maybe a letter or a note from him could be given at their re-union?? I don't know if that could be done, but never know. Fingers crossed.

I try to keep post short--long ones seems to get dropped just before the submit button is pushed. POOF! Have a great day
Diane

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:06 am

Good Morning it is still raining here,,,that is the third day. ( wondering about that Ark) I have my coffee and 2 oatmeal cookies ( Well it is oatmeal) Ken comes home today and he might not have to go back there on Monday,,,but he will have to go to Toledo. ( a 30 minute drive)..so he will be home each night,,,good.
I didnt get any sewing done, I have been sorting photos. and taking many trips down memory lane...I used to alays carry the camera on our adventures and figured there werent many pictures of me...but I did find a lot...including my baby pictures,,LOL...I emptied 2 creative memory boxes and have one more to go...Most of these to go are vacation photos...from 58 yrs of vacations...So many dublicates are getting tossed...I am n ot putting these in albums but labeling the location and putting them in envelopes///easier for the kids to see if they even want to save them...I keep the ones with them in them like Disney and universal, and various other vacations..but the zillions of camping photos of scenery I cant even rememebr where they are from...(I really do not need 9 photos of s sunset over a lake I dont rememebr) so goes the saga,,,It will be so much easier on my family if this is all sorted out...it iwll be easier on either one of us too....if the need arises,,,
Well I finished my breakfast and need to work on the floors...swiffer time...I hate getting old and have body parts "Misfire" I dont mind being 77 but I want the energy and health of a 20 yr old...dont we all...Have a wonderful day,,,XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:30 am

Well darn, didn't just loose the whole post, my chrome just closed and I lost everything. UGH!

Here's the short version: I did put my phone and tablet in the mail. I received a phone call from the HR manager but ignored it. I a choosing to not call them back. I am just done. I was hired to work every other weekend and they have let another employee sign up for ALL the weekends and so no work for me anyway. I believe it was just taking up my time anyway and paid pennies. So off to bigger and greater things.

I will go to the lab this morning for my blood draw. They are looking to see if the nodules on my adrenal gland is functioning or non functioning. Adrenal gland function is not my strong point so I am starting to look some of this stuff up. I think this is more of a hormone issue than something serious. It seems as though a functioning nodule can cause many of the symptoms I am having.

After my running around yesterday it was almost 3 when I got home and by then the energy was gone so lazed around the rest of the day. I will get back to the RV site just in time to start packing stuff up. I will also do my laundry while I am there as my machine here is still caput.

Not much else new round here. Maybe I can get some breakfast and stitch a seam or two before going to the lab.

Have a great day everyone.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:33 am

Good morning!

It is supposed to be a wonderful day! Sun is still hiding behind the mountains, so it's still dark. I finished my pre trash day uglies and so that makes the entire day, a play day! I'll spend it in the Batt Cave cleaning messes, making messes and maybe be productive as well.

Kate received a new assignment. It's a temporary assignment for the summer. She'll be working as a PIO - that's a public information officer. Her assignment will be coordinating public events for the fire department - special nights at the baseball games, rodeos, parades, etc. Kate is very excited to do this. One event, already planned has her singing the national anthem. Kate has a beautiful voice. She also has a fire truck, just a pickup truck, not the big engine as a take home vehicle. So now parked at Sarah's will be a police vehicle and a fire vehicle! Won't the neighbors talk! LOL!

My boys will be out today to take care of the yard work. I hired them. This will help with all their summer activities. One being a scout camp in California. They are all going to Camp Wolfboro, up in Chriss's neck of the woods. Not a cheap trip. So Grandma helps. Plus my yard work gets done.

Well, Mr Sun made his appearance, time to get me going,

Hugs,
Jana

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:50 am

Good morning all
Its raining here hopefully it will dry up later. I have been woking on my deck I have almost all the railing washed . It looks so much better. I hate that green gunk. It did not get anything done last year so this year I am determined to get a lot of stuf done. My DD flew in Wed. morning. She purchased some light bulbs that are motion lights for outside and came out and installed them. They are working great.
I was hoping she was going to take her dad back with her. But not this time. But she is working with him. He goes to the Dr. today to check his prostrate. It supposed to be at 8 and it is at 34. All you nurses know what I am talking about.
Yesterday I went to town and got groceries {not many} and went to Wallmart to get items to wash Stormy. Also got spray paint for deck furniture. Boy that stuff has gone up in price. Got home early so the guy could come pick up my riding mower. It would not start for me of course it started for him. Probably an operator error on my part. I told my daughter to tell her dad that. He laughed his butt off.
Went to guild on Tuesday. Not much happening there. They decided not to do a challenge piece this year. So I guess I wont be sewing for guild this year.
Thats about all the news on the home front.
Y'all have a great sewing day
Katy

womster

Post by womster » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:02 am

Good morning!

Lois – I’m so glad to hear you are feeling better and that Bill found farina! Happy cleaning day.

Diane – that’s a great idea about the note from Maryz’s brother. Glad your post made it to the internet.

Judi – you sure have been putting a lot of work into the pictures – good for you! I always say I’ll start in the winter, but so far – nope. I’ so glad Ken gets to come home next week. You’re just 30 minutes from Toledo? It’s about a two hour drive. I hear you about the aging process. I’m glad you have a back door to talk to your doctor.

Val – good for you re the job situation. Hope the blood work today will shed some light into what’s going on.

Jana – good for Kate on her new assignment. How nice that the boys will be earning some cash.

Maryz – computery – that made me laugh.

Katy - poor Jim - he just can't catch a break. Are you power-washing your deck? I do the same thing with our tractor.

I missed yesterday – I forgot I was meeting my BFF in downtown Denver so my entire day was spent chasing my tail. I have not sewn one stitch this week! I plan on going out right after breakfast. DH wants to start loading his computer – I told him to go ahead. I changed my appointment with the gall bladder surgeon to next Wednesday. Sure hope we can get it out before it blows! :lol: Lol Have a glorious day. xoxo Sharona

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:19 am

Good morning,

LOIS - glad you're feeling better. At least good enough to go to Hobby Lobby and good enough to sew!

DIANE - No, I never received a message. I will PM you.

JANA - Plan changes once again! Imagine if you kept moving that desk every time plans change! Michael would be putting wheels on it for sure! I remember that old floor wax. I bet Chriss isn't old enough to remember liquid wax that you poured onto the floor! :lol: And good advice about the mower.

KATIE - glad your DD is there. She's from Florida, right? Yes, that green gunk is so hard to get off. After coming home to it a year ago, this winter when we left to go south, we gathered all our deck furniture frames to the center of the deck and covered it with a large tarp. Yay! No green gunk this year! We bag and store the cushions in our shop. If you're talking PSA for the prostate, that is a big jump. A repeat test in a few weeks would be a good idea.

JUDI - Ken comes home today! Yay! You'll be doing laundry and I won't! :D What else is going on in your world today? How is the knee?

SHARONA - what's your plan for the day? 10 am is sewing hour, right?

VAL - Sorry you still aren't feeling well. I hope the newest test finally gives you some answers - and eventual relief. Is the pill you have to swallow at night a camera? My friend did that one. I was glad to hear you quit your extra weekend job. Overwork and stress could be making you feel worse. There used to be several quilt shops in Tacoma but most have all closed, including my favorite, Trains. The only places I know to buy fabric now are Joann's, Hobby Lobby, and Shibori Dragon (and it has given up half of their shop space to another business). We do have a very tiny shop in Gig Harbor again but I have more fabric in my sewing room than they have in their store. Still, I patronize them when I can. Des Moines is quite a trek for me and out of the way of any place that we might go. I hate to ask this because I know you've been so busy besides being sick, but I'm hoping my April lotto blocks arrived. Their projected delivery date was April 5.

CHRISS - I'm sorry you celebrated your anniversary alone. But on those days I tend to spend them doing something that makes me happy and absorbs my thoughts. Like sewing, camping, or even working outside. I'm sure you will get the hang of the riding lawnmower. They are pretty easy to run and if you dont' have a manual, they are usually posted on line, U-tube, or website for your brand. How long since it has been run? I'm guessing last summer? If it doesn't start and you can't find info to troubleshoot it, I bet your dad could help and give you a few pointers. But they are truly easy. Just don't do a Mary Q! She was quite the trick rider with hers. I don't recommend that.

MARY Q - speaking of you - sorry the big craft shop sale was a bit of a bust. But the good news is that you didn't spend anything! Maybe later when the crowds thin out .. . . Have you given the wedding quilt any more thought?

LORI - If I had an adorable dog, he would be yours. As it is, all I have is Bad Dog Scottie. Grrr.... Though I'm not quite as mad at him as I was yesterday. I bet he ran - RAN - at least 5 miles that night, and yet, when he and I walk our 1-2 miles every morning he acts like he's got four flat tires! It feels so good to get a big job like taxes finished. They can kind of hang over your head, clogging up life. I listen to audio books all the time. I hadn't realized just how popular they are. But they keep me company when I'm sewing, handsewing, cooking, cleaning, gardening, etc. But if I just sit and listen, I fall asleep. I have to be doing something.

TINA - so glad your dad could do a teledoc appt! That El Paso construction is a HUGE mess! We just drove through it only 8 weeks ago pulling a 30-ft trailer. And in the middle of it all was a stuck semi and cops.
Not fun. So happy you didn't have to do that! I've never done a sew along but yours would be a nice one. However, I do have the pattern and one day might get it done. Did the boys win their game?

IRISH - glad you got that grass mowed. I used to decry those "little yellow flowers" but then I started to wonder just who designated them weeds. Why can't they just be flowers? They look so happy! So now, I have a lot of cheerful yellow in my yard, too, and Bill's happy because I tell him to wait until they are gone to mow! Everyone is happy! As for my brother's "friend", you could probably take her. I'll be checking her out this summer and get back to you.

Yesterday morning I went with Bill to his eye dr appt. Then came home and got supper ready to take to Doyle and Susie. Yum! It turned out so good! And there was plenty to leave for them for another meal. I got in an hour or so of sewing on my LC's. I think the next two days are free days. Nothing on my calendar. I have some plants to plant but otherwise, nothing pressing. Until Sunday when we meet Bill's sis and dbil in Tacoma for brunch. Tonite's supper is going to be a repeat of our pork roast supper from two nights ago, Then I'm going to be looking for more recipes for leftover pork. It was a big roast!

Wishing everyone a fine day filled with blessings, big and small.

mary z
>^+^<

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:23 am

Good morning everyone 🌞
Lois, I'm so glad you're feeling better.
Diane, that's a cool idea.
Judi, yay Ken gets home tonight! I need to go through pics too, mine are mostly the kids school days, lots and lots of games because Holly was a cheerleader and Kevin was in band and parades parades parades. My Dad eats oatmeal just like you every morning 🤣😂
Valerie, I hope they find the problem. I'm glad you quit the weekend job, sounds like it was more trouble than it was worth.
Jana, we're supposed to have a beautiful day here today too, 84* and only a slight breeze. That's great you're helping the kids while they help you.
Katy, maybe your riding mower just had a loose battery cable, it happens. I have to wash dirt away here too dry for green stuff.
Sharona, hope your gallbladder behaves. Glad you caught up with yourself 😉
Maryz, I think Bill needs to start investigating where some quilt shops are near you, there's got to be some hiding close by. When I go to El Paso I prefer driving the back road, it's only 2 lanes but it's through farming and beautiful and way less stress. The boys won their game! It was awesome! Preston got to pitch the last inning and the last batter hit a ground ball and Preston got it and threw it to 1st and got him out, Preston was lit up like a lightbulb with his smile! Both the boys got to score too, I just love how their faces transform into happiness overload! 🥰🥰

Frankie just came in, something killed 5 of our chickens, he thinks it's a badger, he just took the gun out to see if he can find it and I'm hearing shots.
Tonight is Dad's night for supper and I think I'll make tacos. I got all the strips cut yesterday for my logs but with looking at them I'm thinking I'll need more white prints but I'm going to cross that bridge when I come to it.
You all have a great day!
Prayers for those in need 🙏
Tina

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:53 am

Good morning Girls

Oh such a pretty day out there today! Might even get warm enough to open up some windows again! A few more degrees and it would be warm enough to wash them! :lol:

Miss you all yesterday. I was up at 0630 (WAY too early for me) and out of the house by 8 to meet my sis-in-law to go check out the craft store! OMG... what a disaster! We arrived before they opened the doors, luckily found a place to park. But had to stand in a line that went practically all around the building to wait to get in. Once in, there were of course, no carts left and it was wall-to-wall people (99.9% women of course) I found some nice fabric, threw it in my cart, then got in line to have it cut... Only 2 staff cutting fabric, and I was probably the 15th in line. By then the check out line was literally ALLLLL the way around the store. Only 5 check out lanes. We decided to skip it after all and went out to lunch instead. I saw on facebook later that there was a 3 hour wait just to GET IN and a 2 hour wait through the check out line! And the "liquidation" prices weren't all the great... 15-20% off is all! So I don't feel too bad about leaving my fabric behind--it's certainly not that I needed any!!!

Lois...Glad to hear you are feeling much better! And you found Farina!! Ok, I'd gag 🤢if I had to eat the stuff... but you for got it!

Diane... Here's a little trick I learned... when I've lost my posts, especially my nice long ones... every so often , as I type, I highlight, then right click and do "copy". That way if I lose what I already type, I can go back and do "paste" which I think is also the CTRL Z Maryz mentions. So frustrating to have a nice long post and then zap it's Gone!!!

Judi... Hey, I'm with you... oatmeal cookies for breakfast is just fine... it's got oatmeal and Eggs!! so you've got at least 2 of your food groups there. Add a little fruit and coffee and you have all 4 ! :lol: :lol: :lol: It's quite a job going through all those photos isn't it. The thing is, our kids don't want boxes and boxes and pictures, so what do we do with them . Every thing is digital now. I have a lot of pictures on CD's and the little diskettes---no way to look at them-- computers don't even have a CD drive or a disk drive anymore! Oh to have the energy of a 20 year ago again. Funny thing is, I remember My Mom being so frustrated at wanting to do some many things and being slowed down by age... Now I'm in the same boat!

Valerie... I had to google Adrenal gland just to see what/where it was! I had no idea ! I sure hope they can figure out what's what!! I must have missed it... did you not go on the fishing trip?

Jana... Lots of activity around your house, kids coming and going! My Evie is going to Costa Rica this summer with her science glass at school and of course she needs funds. I offered to contribute. I'd love to have my 2nd bathroom painted and thought that would be a good way for her to earn a few extra bucks! I'm waiting to see if she will go for it!

Katy... Glad you got some lights set up for your outside! Great idea! I don't know much about PSA numbers, but I'm think Jim's number is a little high!! Is this prostate thing new for him? How does he feel about going to Florida?

Sharon.... You have to have gall bladder surgery too? Hope they don't dilly dally getting you set up for it. I had mine out many years ago, on an emergency basis. It wasn't my favorite surgery, but it was nice to be out of pain!!! I think my favorite surgery was my hyster! I felt so good after that one and it was just so nice to not have to buy Kotex any more!! :lol: :lol:

Maryz... Yes, Laurie and I were both a little disappointed in the craft sale. We might have stayed and waited through the lines, but a friend of Laurie's that came along just couldn't handle it--and we wondered why she came along anyway. But we can go back in a few weeks, though I doubt there will be much left. I decided to take apart the wedding quilt and lay it out differently--still on point, but get it lined up right. It just bugs me that it's goofy.
How do you feel about BBQ pork sandwiches! I took out a couple pork chops the other day and think I will cook them up for supper tonight!

Tina... Oh darn... something got your chickens? Hope Frankie can find the culprit(s) and shoot them in their little behinds!

Chriss.. Oh yes, by all means, be careful on that lawn mower. They are kind of fun to drive and I did love mowing my lawn with my tractor, until I hit the hilly spots in my lawn. Gravity does suck when you try to stay on a mower on a hill! I did try to mow a quilt patten in my yard once, but it's didn't turn out so good. If you decide not to do it yourself, can you put an ad in a local paper for a high school/college kid to come do it? I eventually hired someone to do mine and it sure was nice to have it done.... gave me more sewing time.

Here is it Friday again already. Trying to decide which project to work on today. There's little messes everywhere again, from pulling fabric out of the garage to make a little project for Jen's student to piles of 30's prints from Katie to sort and plan a quilt out of! So with a little more coffee I should probably get to it! This afternoon I have an Association Board meeting (kind of regretting my decision to volunteer to be secretary :lol: :lol: )

So I'll leave you with my usual party thought..... I wish you all a Fantastic Friday

Return to “Sew ins”