Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday April 10

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Wednesday April 10

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:47 am

Good morning. Wish you could look out my window and see the beautiful day I see here. It should be in the mid 70's this week but the cool down and rain is due here on Saturday.

I'm making great progress on my weed eating. I'm still intimidated by the riding lawn mower, silly but it is what it is. I'll put on my big girl panties one day and hop on that thing. Each day I have worked outside I have seen a butterfly and for me that is a special comforting feeling. Something how God can make an insect so beautiful.

My paper shredder came, it seems sturdy and will get put to good use. Also yesterday I made phone calls and got things doneish. Can't move forward with some things without a death certificate. And get this. I logged onto my car insurance (Geico) If I remove Jerry because he is deceased that makes my status a widow. My insurance as a widow goes up $20.

Tinab, glad the ankle is healing nicely. Sorry that April is a tough month for you. Guess I'm lucky. I am not good at remembering dates. I also don't have cable but do have a smart tv and a prime stick. I load different aps and can watch tv for free, except for the yearly Amazon fee. A lot of tv shows are streamed and while they air one day you can watch them the next. You can also watch past seasons of shows.

Lori, I think the thing that helps me is I had a year to prepare to lose Jerry. It gave me time to think of the things I need to get done and form a plan. We will have been married 22 years on Saturday. When you do take your trip north be sure and let me know, I'll meet you someplace and we will have some fun.

Judi, ugh, doctors. I think, now that fast food workers make $20 per hour, that it might be easier to work at McDonalds rather than become a doctor. Less schooling Sadly that means that doctors or medical people in general are becoming scarce. Sorry Ken has to work longer than planned. Have you noticed how neat and tidy the house stays when no one is helping you mess it up? Carrie Nation will make a beautiful RW&B quilt.

Jana, PODS. I bet that is a word you didn't think you'd use again. LOL. Such a blessing for the kids to get to come stay with you while their house is in th works.

Maryz, the shirts I got rid of were from thrift stores. When Jerry was doing chemo he needed button up shirts to expose his port. Marilyn won't miss out, she will get things she remembers from her grandpa. I wouldn't do that to her, just trying to get her to not procrastinate. Glad you are having a belated birthday. anything birthday means cake. I have gotten into the habit of putting my phone in my back pocket. Then I go to look for my phone and wonder where I put it. I think my head is still attached or I'd likely forget where I put it too. I agree about meat being browned before hitting the crock pot. And if it's stew meat it should be dredged before browning. The flour helps make the gravy.

Sharon, I think I will get to sew this afternoon too. I'll meet you in the sewing room. Actually, lets meet at Lyn's new sewing room, then we will have room to really spread out.

Lyn sounds like the eclipse wasn't an issue for you. I was picturing people camped on your property like they did at Woodstock. Phew!! Hope you have fun at the longhorn cavern today. I wish you could see my junk room. Full of, well, junk. I'm hoping to start tackling it while it's raining this weekend. It does seem that Jerry and Garry were cut from the same cloth. Ugh, the crap I have here is just crazy. I often am shaking my head. Guess I should stop that incase something in my head comes loose.

Maryq, happy garage sorting day. Wow, 70*, you may need to break out the shorts and flip flops. Glad you were able to save Brennen's vest. I also wish Marilyn could come and help with things but then she'd stop my progress by asking questions about things.

Tina, your blocks are beautiful. dinner sounds great. chicken is always a good meal maker. Have you looked up a recipe for crack chicken? yummy. Jerry used to make a dish that had chicken, rice, broccoli, cheese and cream of mushroom soup. Also a good casserole.

I have both chicken and hamburger thawing in the fridge. If they don't thaw in time for dinner I will have a salad. If I have chicken it will likely be that casserole I told Tina about and if I have hamburger it will probably be smash burgers.

Today the plan is for more weed eating. then paper shredding. I'm happy with the progress I am making.

You all have a fantastic day.
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Irishgram

Re: Wednesday April 10

Post by Irishgram » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:02 am

Good early afternoon from a warm but dreary, SW. Pa..but, the windows and doors are open and I'm happy.....Yesterday was very summer like and of course, that had to be card club day and sat inside all day, but had a fun day...And as usual, talked about aches and pains, meds, doctors and how many times we have to get up during the night, not like it used to be when you talked about kids, lol....

TinaB, I too enjoyed seeing your message, made me smile and feel good.....

MaryZ, once again, busy, busy, busy.....Some day, I'm going to tell you I'm bringing snacks, will you make a dinner like that, just in case I stay????? You talking about Roy's jacket...I have a few of Jim's shirts hanging in my closet and a suit coat that we always "hid" the envelope of extra money...Of course, there's really no hiding any more, everyone knows about it and often said, that's the 1st place they'll check when they stop over and find me laying on the floor, then call 911...(with the way I run to JoAnn fabrics, they all might get a big surprise)....But, I also had a couple of Jim's favorite jackets, 1 was an original ND, with the leather sleeves and Terry took that and 1 had Dublin on the back, so Kevin took that one, Kathy wanted some of his ND sweat shirts and of course each of the boys, picked out their favorite.... Most of his shirts were given to the homeless and a couple of his flannel shirts were made into teddy bears and each of the kids got a bear.....It was hard getting rid of certain things but I think it did help with the grieving...

Jana, what excitement coming to your house.....I'd say, it's going to be the "happening" place, never a dull moment....But, it is always fun to have the kids come home, as long as you know it's not forever, lol.....But, I'm sure, you'll enjoy every minute.....

Judi, too bad Ken is stuck away on business but take advantage of those "me" days...I looked forward to Jim's football weekends at Notre Dame..Slept late, ate when I wanted and always had an outing with the gals....A lot of the time, I'd also do my furniture rearranging or painting while he was gone and he'd come home to a surprise.....A Red/White/Blue quilt will be perfect, (has me thinking).

Tina, love, love your blocks! The colors are gorgeous.....Going to be so pretty....If it wasn't dreary, I'd join you and MaryQ outside...Just don't work too hard, think of the back and legs.....

Maryq, Every morning, laying in bed giving "non spoiled" Baby Girl her massage, I think of the things I'd like to accomplish and by the end of the day, not too many of those things had gotten done...I seem to veer off in another direction and make a mess elsewhere...Each day, I need to be locked in a room and not allowed out until, it's done....Enjoy your day in the garage.....

Well, now that I've written a novel, I need to hop to it.....The washer is calling my name and then I really want to get into the sewing room but there are some other things that need taken care of along the way, darn.....
Not sure what my supper might be...With all the talk about outdated food, I cleaned out the fridge and freezer and what is left, I'm not in the mood to eat, lol.....Kind of hoping my sister will call and still have some of her stuffed meat loaf and gravy and maybe do a "meals on wheels".....

You all have a great rest of the day................

Return to “Sew ins”