Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

April 9,2024

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

April 9,2024

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:56 am

Good Morning Everyone,

Thank you for all the wonderful birthday wishes sorry I haven't been on here but I read every day it turns out I have started a dental Journey and am trying to get use to my dentures I had dental surgery on march
29 and it's been a rough go of it but it's getting better as the days go by yesterday we went and did some foodshopping I was looking for farina hot cereal I guess they dont carry it anymore also looking for tapioca pudding none .
So after all of that I had some soup for lunch and then we went to Dariy Queen for ice cream.
Well that's all the news from here I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Re: April 9,2024

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:33 am

Good morning Lois glad to see you back...Sorry about the tooth problems. Prayers for healing ...
it is anothe rbeautiful sunny day,,,70s today here, I will head out for a scavenger hunt today my cupboard is bare,,,a stock up today for sure,,,
I had supper with a friend last minute and we had good converstaion.,and discussed the eclipse...I thought it was very scarey here,,,When the moon blocked the sun it got a eery dark gray here,,,the sky in the west was black and looked like a bad storm. No birds singing no wind no sounds..I have never seen anything like it,,,then within a minute or 2 all returned to normal and birds returned to the bird feeder and it was like it never happened..we had about 95% totality..just a small sliver of sun was showing,,
Well I need coffee and get some appts made..I need hair and toes done...and a Dr appt to schedule and an appt for my Prolia inj this month,, (They were supposed to call me but havent,) I havent heard from the cardiologist for that appt either. ( they too were supposed to call me and havent)..so with coffee in hand I will make all the calls after 9...
Hope everyone is doing ok...hope all the eclipse parties went well...Have a wonderful day XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:58 am

Good morning,

LOIS - I'm so sorry you've been going down this dental path. Ugh!! I hope you are feeling better soon.

JUDI - Ken will be so impressed with your beautifully clean house when he get home. Or maybe not. Our DH's seem almost like twins sometimes, and Bill never notices if I clean unless I do a drastic furniture rearrangement. On the plus side, he never notices when I don't clean, either! Did you get any sewing time at all?

CHRISS - I know yesterday was a hard day for you. I hope you were able to stop by your dad's for a hug! From how you talk about him, I'm guessing he's a great hugger and this would be a great time to take advantage of his skills. I think making a quilt from Jerry's shirts is a terrific idea. Cotton on the front, Flannel on the back. And a couple of button pockets for accent. Snuggling under this quilt will be like getting a hug from Jerry.

VAL - I'm so sorry you are sick! Do you think you have a virus or bacterial infx or was it something you ate? I hope you're able to get back to your crew soon.

LYN - how was the eclipse at your house? Did you have any problem with the crowds? You needed a lot of cakes! You must have been celebrating Maddox's and Garry's birthdays. When do your visitors go home? It's been a great visit and you sure have provided some great once in a quarter-century entertainment for them!

SHARONA - Yum! I love potato soup and I love making new food from old! You come to my house for pizza and I'll go to your house for soup!

MARY Q - Did you get that wedding quilt top all together? I lay my blocks out on the living room carpet, too. But I always have to vacuum first. Two members of our family are too free with their black hairs! Is that big craft store that is closing in St. Cloud? Or thereabouts? I've been there! Many years before I knew you. Back in the late 90's. We parked our motorhome (no trailer in those days) in Monticello.

TINA - Ms B was funny opening presents. She pulled just enough paper off her toy travel trailer to see the bright red door. She looked at it for a minute, then opened it, stuffed the scraps of wrapping paper inside, closed the door, and went off to play with something else. Anyone else would probably go, "yeah, so?". But being her doting grandparents, we thought it was hilarious. Roast in a crockpot. Yum! I use my crockpots all the time. I have 3 sizes in the house and 2 in the trailer. But I have learned that meat needs to be browned first, so I still have to dirty a pan. But I love smelling dinner cooking all day and having it ready to eat come suppertime.

FLO - how goes the big gardening project?

TINA B - How is your foot doing? Last night on TV I saw new procedures for treating bunions. Not sure if it was a medical news segment or a commercial for a new "miraculous" cure. But I thought of you.

JANA - Did you get all those tiny embellishments sewn on to your project? If I remember correctly, you aren't a fan of hand sewing of any kind. haha! Fooled you, didn't they! But I bet it's looking cool now. We want pictures when it's done. Do you have an approx. date for when the new deck might start?

Yesterday we went to Tacoma and bought a new bubbling fountain for our deck. It kind of looks like a birdbath with a little dome in it and two stone birds sitting on top of it. Water bubbles up from the center of the dome. It's called a "fountainette" and stands about 36" high. Now to arrange some pots of "fake" flowers at its base and it will be purrfect. I also picked up about 10 plants to put out in the yard - lithodora, candy tuft, rock cress, and some bright orange daisies that have a fancy name I can't remember. So I have a little work to do this week. Then I pulled fabrics for my Christmas log cabin, cut out my center squares and sewed the first log on the first 12 blocks. Not sure yet if I'm making 12 or 20 blocks. No pattern, just doing it myself and they will be what they will be.

Today I am taking two friends to lunch. Esther is 86 and Norie is 95. I love these ladies dearly and have known them both longer than most everyone else in my life. But it can be difficult for them getting in/out of the car, restaurant, and even chairs. I plan to get the kitchen floor mopped before I leave. It's kind of a mess.

I'm off for another cuppa. Have a super day.

mary z
>^+^<

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:13 am

Good morning!

We are on the upside of this crazy roller coaster. Starting to warm up, again and will get over 70 by the weekend. Now if it will just stay there!

I need a quick run to the grocery store, Michael is out of his healthy snacks and I need to replenish those. Got my uglies caught up and even did the bathroom. That's one of three, so I'll tackle the family bathroom today. My arthritis is arguing about that. Then I'll head down and sew. Got interrupted with that yesterday, as Michael was fussing about his ketone number, so off we went to the Urgent care. He's fine. Michael, as Thomas the Tank Engine would say, he's a fussy old engine! Michael is taking a medication that needs constant watching for ketone changes.

Lois - I don't know which cereal you were looking for, but they still make Cream of Wheat, a farina type. I eat that quite often here. I use the 1 minute cooking type. It's in a white box.

Well, I'm off to get my day started, just need the heater to do its thing,

Hugs,
Jana

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:20 am

Good morning. It's going to be a great day today.

Life is funny, you make plans and in an instant they change. I was cleaning out Jerry's side of the closet and saw some almost new boots. Texted Marilyn and the boots will fit her boyfriend. That led to her sending me a picture of her new puppy and a phone call. During the phone call she decided she would try to get here this month. She wants to, and I want her to, go through some things before I get rid of almost everything. So, I have a car load that I will take to the thrift store but it won't be as full of a car load as originally planned. I did tell Marilyn that if she couldn't make it by the end of the month I would have to continue my cleaning out of things. I guess I will start on the spare room while I am waiting on Marilyn.

Today, I will get some weed eating done this morning as soon as the grass dries a little. I also found Jerry's turnouts and what he called a trauma bag from when he was a volunteer fireman. I will figure out how to return those today. So many little things, I will be busy for a while. Funny the stuff I am finding.

My paper shredder will be delivered today and that will consume my evenings for a day or two. I'm kind of excited to eliminate the vast amount of paper I have.

After taking care of the funeral home stuff I stopped by my dad's. Perhaps next week I will start dinner with the parents up again.

Valerie, there's still time. You could be here in a few hours. One day we will have to meet in the middle, I bet Manteca is the halfway point.?

Lois, happy dental journey. I did my dental stuff last year and got some fillings and cleanings. I am glad I did. Lots of things are no longer in the store. I guess brands just diminish with the influx of pre packaged foods.

Judi, The sky never went dark here. Odd isn't it, how the path of the eclipse happened and had there been no news of the event I would have never known it was going on.

Maryz, I love that Amara stuffed the wrapping paper in the trailer. I have to say she isn't just cute but she's pretty too. I'm looking forward to watching her grow up. Yesterday wasn't as tough as I thought it would be. I must be odd, or perhaps it will affect me later? I'm, so far, completely ok with his passing. Sure I wish it wouldn't have happened, but I know where he is and for me that is very comforting. Although I was sort of shocked when the funeral home asked if I would be present at the cremation. Uh, NO! who does that? Jerry and I had talked about this often. It's a body full of bones, he's not there. I saw a beautiful rainbow the day before he passed and a butterfly the day after he passed.

Jana, good memory, when we were kids my mom would make hot cereal, I think ours was wheat hearts. we'd put the bowls on the window sill in the kitchen to cool. the windows would steam up just enough for us to draw something in the condensation. Interesting about the ketones. My goal is ketosis, I guess Michael's goal is the opposite.

Well it would appear that everyone else is still, as my grandpa would say, under the feathers.

Hope you all have a fantastic day, and if you get bored come on over and I will get you unbored quite quickly.

xo
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:56 am

DANG it happened again! Just as I was about send my whole lovely little post, my computer decided to Un login me and I lost the whole thing!

Nothing great to tell you all anyway

I did get the wedding quilt top done, except for a small border, and I'm going to go post a picture here in a minute. I think I kind of goofed so I need your opinion!

Lois... SO sorry I missed you birthday!! Hope you have a happy day despite all the dental trouble.. Ice cream is a good treat when your mouth hurts

Judi... You had a pretty good view then of the eclipse... at 95% It was so cloudy here all afternoon that I didn't notice a thing.

Maryz... Yup, it's the big craft store in St. Cloud. It's been a family owned store all these years and I can only imagine that with Amazon and all the other online things how difficult it's been for them. My sis in law is picking me up at 0730 so we can be there when the doors open---which is crazy and I can't believe I'm getting up that early. I usually need a better reason than that to get up!

Chriss... I hope Marilyn is able to come down and visit. Might be nice to have someone go through things with you, there might be things that she might like to have. Somewhere in my closet I think I still have one of my Dad's old sweatshirts, no way it fits me, but I just like having it! Most importantly, you are doing what Jerry wanted and to heck with everybody else's opinion.

Valerie.... Hope you are feeling better soon!

I GIVE UP.. .Twice I've tried to post and I have to re login. This time I did a COPY but that's as far as I got!

oh well, guess it's a sign I should go get to work

patches4

Post by patches4 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:05 am

Blessings to all, this fine Tuesday morning .
The eclipse was awesome to watch on internet. I remember as a kid using a box over my head and saw it inside the box. Still hear my Dads word’s don’t look at the sun. Disappointed DD who had glasses to look at sun but my Dads words shouting in my heads not too, I was content seeing on line. Not showing my age at all. Stubborn like my late Mom I never wanted to be that way.
Foot finally not sore and more mobile with boot easier than surgical shoe that I wear to sleep so I can get to bathroom quicker. I can’t walk barefoot yet. Of course if I wear shoe I don’t have to get up if I don’t I have to be speedy in getting shoe on or else. Great fun being old. I have bruising yet but it was broken two places and have three screws so mind tells me it should hurt. Taking calcium and vitamin D to help growth of new bone in addition to foods with calcium and D.
Beautiful day here in Virginia. Kids at home say the grass needs to be cut already ugh, was hoping we didn’t have to poke that bear yet. I did get lawnmower serviced when I was home so it’s ready to go. We may find out we cannot do the grass cutting anymore and will have to get a service we are 74 and 77. I like a nice yard but I find grass cutting boring and would much rather sew.
So, today is back to hand stitching I am behind and wanted to be starting the other crib quilt now. Made a few bad decisions and watched old reruns of my favorite show since at home I don’t have cable and series not available on discs.
Not much else going on.
April hard month , my Mom is three years and good friend passed away just last year and withJerry’s passing makes me anxious because I should have things better organized and decluttered not wanting kids to do it but have to get DH on board when we get home. Time on hands makes me think to much so instead I write down patterns I want to do for LWR and Project Linus much more fun.
Have to scoot, prayers of comfort and strength to all in need and everyone else.
Blessings,
Tina B

womster

Post by womster » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:05 am

Good morning!

Lois – a belated happy birthday! Sorry to hear about your dental woes. Dental problems are no fun at all. I hope you get used to your dentures in a quick fashion. DQ sounds like a wonderful idea.

Judi – ugh – sometimes I think we should get paid for running down this medical stuff. Hope you’re able to get all those ducks lined up. I watched a video of a clip where they had totality – the crickets were out! So weird. Yours sounds spooky.

Maryz – ooh I want to set up a fountain also. A fountainette – cool! Does it use recirculated water? Have a wonderful lunch with Esther and Norie. What a great time y’all must have.

Jana – isn’t it a shame that arthritis wins most of these arguments. Glad Michael is ok.

Chriss – as I’m sure you’ve heard a million times – everyone grieves differently and there is no right or wrong way. It’s such a blessing to take comfort in our faith. It will be nice to have Marilyn there for a visit – I’m sure you incentivized her by the end of month deadline.

Today is Costco day. Then I will continue purging our closet and the study. Pretty mundane! Have a glorious day. xoxo Sharona

patches4

Post by patches4 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:12 am

One more thing,
I too love Farina any time of day or year. It’s always above my head top of shelf put of my eyesight. Two I always liked Malt I meal better than cream of wheat. My kids liked to add cocoa and tiny sugar to Farina made with milk and sprinkles on top just sharing a moment.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:36 am

Good morning everyone 🌞
Lois, I hope your dental procedures are all better soon, I would say that would be rough.
Judi, we only got about 50% on the eclipse, it didn't seem to bother our birds because we still had some sun 😊 I'm glad you enjoyed your supper with your friend. I had my groceries delivered yesterday, I didn't want to go out and then people were crazy here and cleaned Walmart out of milk and other things so I'm glad I didn't go myself......and we weren't even in the totality part. 🤦
Maryz, awwwww how cute for Ms Boots to open her gifts that way, love how she stuffed the paper inside LOL she's a funny girl. My roast about starved me to death with the yummy smell all day LOL it was fall apart delicious! I don't brown any meat before I put it in the crockpot, it's always yummy and uber tender, maybe it's difference in our elevations....
Enjoy your lunch with the ladies ❤️ your fountainette sounds very relaxing and beautiful.
Jana, we're only going to be 62 today but by Thursday we'll be in the low 80's. I just hope it doesn't warm up too fast. Last year we had 100+ days in May which is totally too hot too fast, I never remember that happening before and I hope it doesn't happen again. When I was a kid we'd only see maybe 3 days a year hit 100 but now July and August usually have more than half their days in the 100+ range. Glad Michael is ok.
Chriss, what kind of puppy did Marilyn get? Glad the boots can be put to good use. I hope Marilyn makes the trip. I think that spare room wanted to be gone through first. When you're shredding papers make sure you give the shredder cooling off breaks, they can get hot.
Oh goodness, who would want to be there for a cremation, not me either! I think you're doing great and if and or when the time comes for you to fall apart you'll get through it and be ok too ❤️ You do You ❤️❤️
Yesterday I got sidetracked and cleaned and went through my pantry shelves. By the time I was done with that my back said I wasn't cutting strips......so today that's my plan. I just gotta read for the umpteenth time why there are 6 different directions for the log cabin blocks, I just am not comprehending.
Supper tonight will be the pizza from the winery, they only do it every other Tuesday from April to October. They own one of the winery's here and have a restaurant in Cruces which is closed on Tuesdays so they put in an outdoor oven here and set up tables and chairs and it's always packed. It's not regular American pizza, it's authentic Italian pizza, they even get ingredients from Italy..... it's our favorite pizza and it's not heavy feeling when we eat it.
We're going to take it to the game and eat it and watch Easton and Preston play.
You all have a great day!
Prayers for those in need 🙏
Tina

Return to “Sew ins”