Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

April 9,2024

Daily discussions.
zfatcat

Re: April 9,2024

Post by zfatcat » Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:19 am

Mary, the picture of miss boots is adorable. I bet you can't wait to get your hands on that little cutie pie again. That is great that you take the ladies out to lunch. Hopefully when you're that old someone will come pick you up for lunch too. It must be a special treat for them. It's difficult to get my dad in and out of my car. I have a Chevy Tahoe and it's quite tall. He still manages though. I just have to leave extra time if you need to be somewhere.

Judi, we've had several eclipses over the years that were complete block of the sun. It's a normal phenomenon. Nothing to be scared about. We had one just last year that was a partial. There seemed to be a lot of hype about this one for some reason.

Lois, bummer about your dental issues. Hope it gets better with time. Farina is the same as Cream of Wheat. Just a different manufacturer. Possible it's an Midwest to east coast thing. My husband still calls it Farina. He's from Illinois.

Jana, let the arthritis win and clean another day.

Chriss, glad Marilyn is going to take some of Jerry's things. The funeral home asked me the same thing ab out the cremation when my brother died. I thought it was weird. We all deal with grief differently. You're keeping yourself busy and that's a good way to deal with it. That's what I do. Although I can't even imagine losing my spouse of many years. That's got to be tough. You share things that know one else knows. One of these days I'm going to make the trip north, and when I do you, me, and Val will have to meet up. I'll probably head that way sometime this summer.

Maryq, I love the colors of the wedding quilt. So pretty. I mad that patter a while back. I too did not have a pattern.

Tina, that pizza sounds amazing.

Well this morning I had my 6 month cancer check up. Everything is still great. Came home walked the boys. And now I really need to work on taxes. It doesn't take long, I just hate doing it.

It's going to make it to the 80's today and tomorrow, then back down to the low 60's. We'll be going out for a late lunch today, so no dinner later. Just some snacks.

Have a lovely day.

Lori 8-)

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:57 am

A quick drive by. I will get Eclipse photos posted, but may not be til Friday, kids leave Thursday evening.

Belated Happy Birthday Lois. Garry had all upper teeth removed and a temp plate in until all healed. He was on a liquid diet for a month. I made a pot roast with veggies in crock pot and then pureed it for him.. Didn't look great but tasted good. .

Chriss, You may want to slow your purge down. As people have noted, there may be some things you don't want to part with so quickly. Hugs 💞

Time to run to Marble Falls, out of time for other comments.
Lyn

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:28 pm

Tina, Marilyn's dog is part German Shepherd and part something else, I don't remember. Right now she's a little fur ball.

Lori, I am so glad you are still good. Must feel good to exhale.

Sharon, I am hoping the end of month deadline is a big incentive to get Marilyn here.

Lyn, I'm really not getting rid of anything important. No one will fit in his button up shirts, and I am getting rid of things like body wash, disposable razors, just junk. I did go through my towels and was able to demote some to rag status. Jerry had things like expired Neosporin, or after shave lotion, or other epxired things. Enjoy the next few days with the kids.

Well I'm pooped. I think it's time for dinner and a shower. You all have a groovy day.
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Sew ins”