Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

April Monday 8

Daily discussions.
mepeace2

April Monday 8

Post by mepeace2 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:22 am

Good morning Y'all
I have been busy and a slight bug. Not feeling up to par. Much better now. I am still trying to get stuff gone. I am not the quickest person to get this done but get rid of 5 things a day. Well at least there sorted ready for box to Helping hands. Not much going on here. I am trying to figure out how to start lawn mower. I wish the farm would sell then I would hire someone to come in and redo this yard.
Jim is worse again. Sometimes I wonder if he does this so my daughter will return. She will be here Wed.
Barney Is doing good. Still a stinker but a cutie.
I have not been sewing a lot. But I am still trying to get stuff out of my sewing room. I started making the 6.5 inch blocks for OWL . I do the main block then the little ones that go with that block.
I have guild tomorrow. So far they are just not e3xciting.
Well I need to take Barney out and have breakfast.
Y'all have a great sewing day
Katy

grammiequilts

Re: April Monday 8

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:47 am

Good morning Katie it’s been cloudy here this morning. I am home. My trip to Holland has been canceled. It’s a long story, but I’ll go again some other time. Ken left. And have the whole day to get stuff done
I’m going to try to sew today run the sweeper downstairs and maybe get back to the photos. No cooking today I’ll grab something on the run later
Still wondering how the eclipse people are doing they’re calling for lots of clouds so the whole show might be a bust here. There are clouds in the forecast but there’s still saying 90% or 99% depending on who you ask eclipse. Totality I’ll wait and see if it gets dark. That’s pretty much all care about it. Just interesting to see dark in the middle of the day. I didn’t notice though there’s not very many birds at the birdfeeder today so maybe they know what’s going on I am typing this on my phone because for some reason, my laptop won’t load up It might be the Internet I don’t know, but my phone works my laptop. Doesn’t I’m gonna head off to the kitchen or maybe some breakfast or some toast anyway hope you have a great day.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOIOOOO

velvet

Post by velvet » Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:10 am

CHRIS- I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that you are not alone with so many of your un-seen sisters surrounding you in prayer and hugs.
Diane

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:51 am

Good morning,

CHRISS - I thought about you all weekend long. Have you spent time with your family? I'm sure today will be busy for you. Are you planning a service of any kind?

BECCA - saying a prayer that you'll soon be feeling better and back with us. Kidney infections are no fun.

LORI - How far along are you on your sister's quilt? Nice to have almost a whole year to work on a project. But beware - it goes faster than you think! I need to have at least two of my Christmas quilts finished before end of July. I want to send them back to CO with my sister, who is visiting here this summer. The other three need to be done by October.

VAL - just in case you stop in - how's fishing? 🎣

JUDI - I'm sorry your trip got cancelled. Maybe sometime you and Ken can just take a drive up to Holland - maybe during the tulip festival. Our tulip festival is in full swing right now just north of Seattle in the Skagit Valley. We went last year. But as long as the cat is away . . . . Forget those chores! My mom told me that if you play away your day but want to look busy when your mister comes home, at the last minute, pull some furniture to the middle of the room, drape a few dust rags around along with the mop and broom and spray a little cleaner or furniture polish in the air. Then drop on the couch with an exhausted sigh. It will give the appearance that you've been hard at deep cleaning all day long, he will help push the furniture back, and he might even rub your feet and/or cook supper!

KATIE - sorry you've been sick again. You've been sick a lot this past year. I was thinking you had a sale pending. Is your house attached to the farm property? I know you don't plan to sell your house, but just the fields? How many acres are we talking? Sorry to hear Jim isn't doing well again.

MARY Q - how goes the wedding quilt? Did you see Viv this weekend? You can really whip those aprons out quickly! Will you be able to see much of the eclipse today? We are only 20%, if that, and we're supposed to be very cloudy so we probably won't notice much here. The last eclipse here was in 2017 and we were working outside. It got a little dusky for just about 5 min but the temp suddenly dropped like 15 degrees with the sun blocked.

LYN - Happy birthday to Garry! I'd forgotten, too, that he and Ms Boots share the day. And happy eclipse day! Exciting! You can just sit on your new front porch and watch! If the crowds happen like you anticipate, will you park your vehicle so as to block your driveway. I think the crowds might be more entertaining then the celestial show.

JANA - you are getting new furniture, flooring, and deck? It's good to be you! We've been talking about new living room furniture, too. Our two small loveseats are 24 yrs old and, while they fit me very well, I think most people find them hard to get out of now as they are getting a bit saggy. And because most people are a lot bigger than I am. We looked into having them recovered. $8,000 for two small loveseats! For that, I'll buy new.

Our little zoom birthday party was fun yesterday. Amara smiled and waved to us on the computer and then was off to play. She took forever to open her presents - She loves tearing the paper. We gave her a travel trailer play set because, you know, we live in a travel trailer when we're down in Texas. Also some summer outfits (boring!), two unicorn story books, and her Fab Farm quilt. My older DD and DSIL (Lee & Lara) were there, too. I haven't seen them in 3 years so nice to visit with them, too.

It was cool, breezy, and off/on rainy yesterday. Definitely a sewing day. I got my second Scaredy Cat Christmas top finished and even remembered to add the borders! Today I'm going to figure out my other sister's quilt - I think it will be a log cabin in muted traditional Christmas colors with little 3" Twelve Days of Christmas for the center of the blocks. Not much eclipse excitement here. I doubt we'll even notice it.

Wishing us all full bobbins! My machine, "Chip", is on vacation for a few weeks so "Stitch" is filling in. Stitch has regular sized bobbins. I filled six yesterday and have already emptied two of them. I miss my Size M bobbins!

I never made my homemade pizza the other night, so that's on the menu for tonite. And a small salad on the side.

Have a nice day,
mary z
>^+^<

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:57 am

Happy birthday, Ms Boots!Image

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:20 am

Good eclipse morning!

We are cloudy and may get to see some of the eclipse. Where I live, it's a 50 percent eclipse.

Conference finished yesterday and now the next one will be in October. It was wonderful. The church announced that they will build 15 more new temples around the world, with 2 of those being right here, practically in my backyard! One just south of me, in Lehi and the other, in West Jordan. That one is really close, as we think it could be out on Bacchus Highway. That's the backroad I use all the time to get to my house. The company that Daniel works for, does many of the temple designs, so Daniel may get involved too. What fun!

Almost have all the little Itty bitty embellishments sewn on my Kimberbell quilt. I do mean itty-bitty, some of the buttons are maybe a 1/4 inch square. My fingers have a hard time holding them! Those are little green hands that hold the mini quilts of three different witches . Then there were two , same sizes, bats and two itty-bitty ghosts! There are more, but slightly bigger!

Love the picture of Miss Boots!

Today is a bit of laundry and straightening the kitchen. Then playtime in the Batt Cave.

Enjoy your day and the eclipse, if you get to see it,
Hugs,
Jana

patches4

Post by patches4 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:24 am

Happy Monday
Prayers out to all especially Chriss. May the Lord hug all who need His strength and comfort.
Chores done so it’s hand sewing today. Be careful all who are in the eclipse zone.
Learning to take things day at a time, just worry about the present.
Blessings in what you do today.
Hugs to all,
TinaB
Patches4

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:25 am

Morning
Today is eclipse. We will get about 97%darkness here...if we travel about 1 hr to eastern part of state, it's 100%. I will stay home.we will use Joe's welding helmets to watch.
Chriss, you are in my heart.
Flo

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:28 am

Good morning everyone 🌞
Katy, so sorry you're not feeling well, I hope you feel better soon. I'd like a yard person too, that would be so nice. Sorry Jim isn't feeling good.
Judi, well that's a bummer, I was looking forward to hearing about your trip. I say sew and do something fun today instead! I've been wanting to go to the zoo for some reason 🥳
Maryz, love the pic ❤️🎂🥳🎉 sounds like a fun birthday party to me. She probably liked the boxes more than the presents LOL that's how ours were at 1. They sure don't make furniture like they used to, maybe reupholstering would be the way to go but gosh that's expensive. Your next ones won't last as long sadly.
Jana, will you be changing to the new church when it's built, it sounds like it might be pretty close to you. Your area must be really growing. Those embellishments sounds challenging.
I'm putting a pot roast in the crock pot this morning, it's Dad's night and he loves it. We had a pork chop and the salad last night, it was just right.
I'll be working on my log cabin strips today 🤞
Happy eclipse watching to those watching it, we're in the 60% here but we're cloudy right now, we'll see what happens later. We use Frankie's welding helmet to see.
You all have a great day. Prayers for those in need and especially Chriss ❤️🙏🙏🙏🙏
Tina

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:28 am

Good morning!

Happy Eclipse Day!! There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of buzz about it up here. I googled it and the path is way south and east of, so we probably won't see much and we don't expect to see even see the sun today anyway!

Katy... Sorry to hear you are feeling kind of "punk" ..That's what my Gramma used to call it when she just didn't feel good. Not to worry... My Dad used to say "Even a snail obeys the will of God, just slowly" I remind myself of that when I feel like I'm not doing something fast enough.

Judi... Sorry you are missing your trip to Holland! Perhaps you can re-schedule for a day when you can make a little vay-kay out of it? I googled the path of the Eclipse, there's just no talk about it up here (unless I'm really out of the loop, which is quite possible) Doesn't look like it any where near us! We'll get a Lunar eclipse next March, we can watch for that.

Diane... Yup... that's a good name for all of us.. The Unseen Sisters!

Maryz... Oh My gosh, that little Miss Boots is so stinkin' cute! My first thought upon seeing the beautiful quilts on the grass was "Oh no they are going to get dirty" But heck.. quilts are to be USED and LOVED right! Looks like it was a beautiful day for being outside though! The wedding quilt is progressing quite well. All the blocks are laid on the living room floor. Am considering bringing the sewing machine out to the dining room table and putting the blocks together from there... bigger area to work with and less chance for error ---maybe... I just need to find some backing--but there's probably nothing in my garage that will work, OH Darn, I see a trip to the fabric warehouse in my future! :lol: :lol:

Jana... How cool is that? Daniel will get to be a part of the new church buildings? Oh, thanks for the reminder... I need to do laundry today too.. I meant to yesterday but got into a sewing project--can you imagine! :lol: :lol:

Tinab... Yeah for "chores done" What's that like... to have them all done! :lol: You know that plan to sew at my dining room table--(see above)... that's the chore for today... to FIND the top of the dining room table!!

Flo... Sounds like you have the perfect viewing glasses for the eclipse!

TinaR... Pot Roast in the crockpot? I'm coming to your house! Have you ever done the pork chops in the crock pot? I'd done them with cream of chicken soup, cheddar cheese soup and good size dollop of Salsa! Pretty nummy!!

Chriss.... Thinking of you today... wishing I was closer, just to kind of hang out. Maybe go out to lunch--it's one of my favorite things!

I found this link, just in case you all haven't seen the path of the eclipse--here's where it's going. I thought it was just south USA, but I guess my cousin in Vermont will get a good view too!

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view ... ajaxserp=0

Remember that big Craft Store I've mentioned before... where my Sis-in-Law Laurie and I go once a year at least.... it's CLOSING!!! :cry: :cry: Laurie texted me this morning, we were just going to try to plan our annual trip. Everything on sale, even fixtures! I imagine it will be a zoo for a while, but I'm hoping we can get up there soon!

Guess I better get in gear, if I'm ever going to get that wedding quilt top together--the goal for today, I better get busy!!!

wishing you all a marvelous Monday!

Return to “Sew ins”