Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday April 5th

Daily discussions.
Irishgram

Re: Friday April 5th

Post by Irishgram » Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:03 pm

Good afternoon from a dreary, cold, wintery, SW. Pa....We don't have snow on the grass but it's been flying around so as the temps fall, we might be getting out the snow shovels (or I should say, some might get them out, not me).....If it wasn't so miserable outside, I'd take a ride to Walmart...Our store is to be remodeled and everything, except food is on clearance....When I was there the other day, ran into Emma's Mom (she works there) and she kept telling me about the big sale in fabrics and I was tempted but didn't check...Now I'm sorry! She said, people were buying bolts...But, I keep telling myself, I really don't need anything, do I???

MaryZ or anyone who likes to organize would be more than welcome to stop over and give me a push...I have most all in bins, and as many under the bed bins that will fit and that's just in the spare bedroom..In my sewing room, a couple bins and then smaller plastic bins holding my cross stitch stuff (which is alot)...3 plastic drawer things that have all the odds and ends....Nice big wicker book shelf with my magazines and books....The room just needs "put together" the right way......Thank goodness I can close the door and if the door is closed, no one takes a peep.......So happy to hear Bill can see better, what a blessing.....

Judi, Did you take all your vitamins this morning? This new adventure might keep you hopping...Any more, I love when I need to watch a baby but as soon as they start walking, someone else needs to take over, lol...And, bringing up our 5, the only time, any of them ever slept with us was if they woke up and had had a bad dream or something scared them....Sorry, don't believe in the "rearing".....But, it sure is great to be around those grand kids.....

Jana, thank goodness Aaron wasn't hurt...And my 1st thought was, cell phone, also...What a shame
Sandee had to go through that..Hope she's feeling better.....My soon to be grand daughter in law suffers like that and it's terrible...She has her own pots and pans etc. when cooking....We also had a friend, one of our old Sunday breakfast foursome, that was diagnosed very late in life and she went through h+++ before it was diagnosed....Your weather sounds like what we're having, wish someone would talk to Mother Nature or get her back on her meds......

Lyn, I think I'm coming to your house for my next vacation...Wow, the things you are seeing and doing are fantastic....I'm sure Maddox and Amanda are loving every minute.....

Chriss, I was surprised when you wrote you had snow...Didn't know it snowed in your area, but aren't you lucky..Those of us who have or have gotten that white stuff do like to share, only being neighborly...And it sounds like you are making progress in your purging or rearranging, but just make sure you don't over do....Even though Jerry doesn't answer correctly, he knows you're there and it's great that he still talks...There would be times, Jim would tell me something and no matter what, I'd listen...After being a supervisor for 30 years, he retired early from Papercraft Corp. and then painted for people ( I think to just get out of the house or away from me, lol) But one day, I was visiting him at the home and while sitting in the big reception area, he said, "just look at these walls, they sure need painted, guess I'll have to get out my big ladder" and I agreed and he was fine....The important thing, he knows you're there.....Oh my, your last night's dinner sounds fantastic, I love, love asparagus.......

Sharon, glad to see you're going to be sewing...Have you gotten results back on those tests yet?

Flo, that's an awful lot of yard work, no wonder you're achy....BUT, when you're done, could you just stop over and help with mine...I have 15 bags of mulch still in my car waiting for someone to come along...I think Kevin is pretending he doesn't know me, lol

Well, I best get moving, my floors need scrubbed and I don't see anyone volunteering....Not sure what dinner might be...Might be a big salad or just soup...

You all have a great rest of the day.......

Return to “Sew ins”