Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday April 1st

Daily discussions.
patches4

Monday April 1st

Post by patches4 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:27 am

Good morning all,
Rainy cloudy 51 degrees here in Virginia.

Hope you all had a great Easter. Rainy days are good for sewing. So everyone have a great day, remember you are so special, a precious gift from God and feel good you are loved.
Prayers for all,
Blessings,
TinaB

FlorenceM

Re: Monday April 1st

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:36 am

Morning Tina and all to follow,
Right now weather is calm, but it's really going to Amp up late this afternoon.
Yesterday was nice with the kids, but it exhausted me. Today is leftovers and relax. May do some light gardening.
Chriss, glad things going smoothly with Jerry, maybe now you can rest a bit.
Flo

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:55 am

Good morning April Fools Day.....No pranks here,,,,, It is sunny and cool this morning,,,we had a nice dinner with the kiddos...so good to see them.
DDIL is doing ok...not much improvement yet but she is doing the excersizes with the machine,,,so we are hopeful she will have some relief..
i stripped the bed and started the laundry this morning I still have to re sheet the bed but I hate hate hate that job. I will do a bit of house keeping today too...
If I get a break with the house i will sew...we also have to go and sign our tax papers and write the check.....we have an appointment at 2 hoping Ken is able to get home in time... I am hoping the check is small...but not that hopeful....we usually have to pay....
Well Im needing to get busy,,doing all the things I hate today,,,,except for sewing the borders on the quilt...XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:27 am

Good morning Everyone,

I'm still in my Jammies but as soon as I am done here I'm going to get dressed and do my thing.
Dinner was very good yesterday we have lots of leftovers but that will be for tomorrow.
It's raining and chilly so I'm making a pot of soup Bill loves chicken soup so that's what will have.

Tina b thanks for opening the thread glad you are on the mend.
Flo I think you should rest after a big day yesterday.
Judi I will be washing sheets also.

Well I'm out of time have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois.

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:30 am

Happy April Fools Day. A friend introduced me to Garry 24 years ago today...No fooling!!

I got my No Trespassing signs up on the empty lot. Later I was walking Minnie and the police officer on duty came by and stopped to talk. He liked my signs, but then looked at my long driveway and said I better find a way to block it or someone may decide to park there. Guess I will see if there's any No Parking signs at Ace.

I emptied the Yakima box on top of the Jeep. It had 2 survival packs in it that weigh 22# each. This was one of Garry's great ideas :roll: if the world went to hell, we'd have 2 weeks of supplies with us. Some of the web straps have disintegrated to dust. I put each in a black trash bag and they will live in the closet. We need the room in that box for our stuff when we pick up Amanda and Maddox tomorrow. Since I had the big ladder out to reach the far side of the box and wipe it out, dusty dirty, I decided I would do a fun thing. I bought a barn block in Shipshewana, IN, 2 years ago. I was waiting for just the right place to hang it.

Carol, It's nice to see you post here, hope to see ya every day.

Today I need to go grocery shopping for next weekend when we are here. The police officer told me the closest H-E-B will have 2 semi trailers at the store, trying to meet the demand of all the extra people. I don't want to deal with that!! Need to make the guest bed. I never got any mowing done, so will work on that and pack what needs to go to the coast tomorrow.

Hope y'all have a great day!
Lyn

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:37 am

color=#0000FF]Good morning and Happy April Fool's!

I used to play jokes on Michael for April Fools Day. But in 1975 I was pregnant with my son and I had a dr appt that day. That evening I told Mike that the dr said we were having twins. He was so over the moon excited about TWO babies that when I finally told him the truth, he was so broken hearted that then I was broken hearted that I'd broken his heart. So I never played another joke on anyone again.

CHRISS - it was good to read your post yesterday. I'm glad things are leveling out for you and for Jerry. When you're already stressed out little things become big frustrating things. It was nice to stop and see your dad on Easter. And get in some physical excercise outside. I hope today brings smooth sailing.

CAROL - hi there! I know CA can always use rain, but getting it all at once ain't good! I hope there's no damage in your area. Your supper menu - in fact all your food yesterday - sounded tasty!

LOIS - my Bill loves soups, too. Especially chicken & anything. Our Bills seem a lot alike. What did yours do for a career? Mine was in IT for City of Tacoma.

LORI - I saw a short video on the internet of a golden named Wrigley very slowly and stealthily and carefully removing a pacifier from a newborn baby's mouth and taking it off to his bed. :lol: You know who I thought of!!

VAL - hope you got all your chores done in time! And thanks for posting Lotto! It's a good month to be named Mary! Are you leaving for the Delta today? Or are you already there? I hope you have tons of fun with your family. I also hope you have the entire time off and don't have to run home to work a shift.

LYN - I LOVE your quilt block! Could any place be more purrfect??! Will you have electricty, insulation, wallboard, paint, and then floor last? Lots to do. And time is going quickly. I'm glad we're not in Texas now. I don't deal well with traffic and crowds. Especially if they encroach on my own property!

TINA - You had a lot of food! Who all came to supper? How did your cheesecake turn out? Towards the end of our egg-dying career, I stopped buying the egg kits and just used food coloring and vinegar in hot water. But with eggs already in colors, I'm wondering what shades you got when you colored.

JANA - did Matt et al make it home last night or did they encounter 'weather' and stop to wait it out? I was thinking about them yesterday and said a quick little prayer for them. Your deck just keeps getting better and better! I may have to stop by one day and check it out! What did your new Easter dress look like? I guess I wore a new Easter dress new but I hadn't thought of it that way. Just a little blue/white Hawaiian print sleeveless shift I bought in Costco back in January when we were in FL. It was a first time wearing so, I guess I will call that my Easter dress.

FLO - well, I for one, am happy to hear you have a lilac! Lilacs and sweet peas are my favorite flowers. They smell soooo good! Can we plant sweet peas, too, please?

JUDI - how did your day at your son's go? What was for supper? I'm thinking you said something on the grill? Was the entire clan there or just you and Ken? Keeping your DDIL in prayer. I'm suspecting it takes time to see any changes. I'm an impatient person and dislike having to wait for results. I hate hate hate remaking the beds, too. Our mattress is so heavy that I throw my back out trying to lift the corners. Usually we make both the house and trailer beds together. Hope you get some sewing time today.

TINA B - glad you are having a nice rainy day in VA! Do you have a sewing machine there that you can use? Being gone that long I think I'd have to take my sewing machine with me. It could be my carry on. Or I'd go buy a cheapie at Walmart. My addiction must be fed.

MARY Q - did you hear?? We are lotto winning twins!

Yesterday was so purrfect here. Dinner was easy, it all turned out just as I'd hoped, timing was great - almost. Doyle and Susie and extra friend, Sandi, seemed to have a great time. And best news is that Susie thinks she is finally going to be discharged in about a week with outpt PT. Today is going to be a nice day - 61*. The house is clean and with all the leftovers we have in the fridge no cooking will be necessary. And today and tomorrow I don't have to go anyplace. So it's sewing in the morning and yard work in the afternoon. It's good to be me. Bill is having cataract surgery Wed so we started his eye drop routine this morning. They are doing his bad eye first and in two weeks, they'll do his good eye.

Make it a good day!

mary z
>^+^<[/color]

velvet

Post by velvet » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:54 am

Good morning
Today is Lilys birthday She turns 15.
I had a long post ready to go and poofed.

GRRR!!!!!
Diane

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:12 am

Good morning!

Well my day yesterday started out as a normal Sunday. My new dress is a white, empire waist, tiered midi length with a elastic shirred top, embroidered with pink flowers. Oh, it's squared necked and elbow length puffed sleeves. It's really cute. Sorry, no pictures. So off to church and then home, relaxing and watching our Sunday shows on BYUTV. Then Aaron and the little girls stopped over to get the chocolate bunnies I had for them. Kate's on duty. So just about time to cook our dinner, Aaron received a call for OT duty. There was a incident involving a security guard at the hospital, a car jacking, the guard injured seriously and a t-bone accident, all by the same suspect. The guard was life flighted uptown. So Aaron works on the incident investigation team, so off he went and the girls stayed with me. So Lila took a nap and my 9 year old Gracie cooked Easter dinner herself with my supervision. She first seasoned the lamb roast, got it in the oven. Then I taught her about timing everything to be done at the same time. Then she made popovers, brown rice, green beans and gravy. It all came out beautifully! She was so proud of herself! We ate dinner and saved a plate for Aaron. The guard is in extreme critical condition and probably didn't make it. The suspect didn't get away, as some bystanders went after the suspect and caught him before the officers arrived.

Lyn - love the quilt block! I'll bet that was the inspiration for the colors on the sewing shed!

Matt got home. Took a bit longer with some construction delays and the weather. Added about a extra hour or so.

The storms are supposed to be leaving me and the weather clearing up and getting warm, we'll see....... Today I'll clean up from yesterday and run a couple of loads of laundry. Normally the littles would have done the dishes with me, but it was a school night and Aaron needed to get them in bed. So it's me today. We do need a few errands.

The only April fools joke around here, it's tradition, we turn on the outside Christmas lights. It's a Michael thing, since he was a teenager.

Well it's to time get up, dressed and do what's needed,

Enjoy your day!
Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:43 am

Good morning Girls

Happy Monday! Not much in the way of sunshine here this morning, but I can heard the birds singing and that is a welcome sign of spring! Poor things are so confused about all the snow on the ground, hard to find worms and such buried under snow!

Tinab... You are so right.. rainy days are perfect for sewing... from the looks of it we won't get rain for a few days but it will be nice when it comes to wash away the snow! When are you heading home to Illinois?

Flo... One nice thing about holiday dinners... there are usually left overs!

Judi... You would think that at our age--- over 70, that we've already PAID our fair share of taxes for a life time! I think, is it AZ that after a certain age you don't have to pay state taxes anymore? And some states, have none at all. Alaska has no income tax but the put sales tax on just about everything. And did you know, if you are an Alaska resident you get about $1000 just for the heck of it every year. Still not enough inducements to get me to move there!! I'll join you in the laundry room later, sheets are done but hamper is over flowing!

Lois.... Now that you mention it... A nice pot of chicken soup does sound really good! I just happen to have all the ingredients on hand! I have a great chicken soup recipe that uses Velveeta cheese (which normally makes me gag) but it SOOOOO good !

Lyn... That quilt block on your little house could not BE more perfect!!! I might have to turn to find some news station so I see what the eclipse is doing. I haven't heard whether we will get much of a view up here. I so rarely watch local news. I can imagine that police etc are not looking forward to massive crowds of people down there!

Maryz.... SO fun to be Lotto Twins!!! Wonder who will get theirs put together first. :lol: It might just get warm enough for me to go dig in the garage and see what I have for background fabrics. Will send lots of prayers tomorrow for Bill's surgery. I know he is super nervous. I wonder if he will see some improvement even in his 'bad' eye?

Jana... I LOVE that April fools tradition!!! I have a little pine/Christmas tree on my patio--it's there are year and some times gets a bird nest in the summer. BUT it does have lights on it and they are still plugged in!! I just might turn them on tonight and freak out my neighbors!

Chriss... SO good to hear that things are improving at the facility for Jerry. I think it's just sometimes Murphy's Law... that if things can go wrong... they will. Have you been able to sleep better now... that's huge you know... getting good sleep. Once you get the lawn mower started, it's almost like driving a car. I used to love mowing my lawn, it was great prayer time for me.... but after I fell off the mower a couple times, I thought I better hire someone to do it!

Sorry I missed you all yesterday. I did have a nice post all typed and as fate would have it---at the moment I hit "Submit" the internet decides to stop and take a breath.

Had a very nice Easter Day here. I hung out at home and worked on the blocks for the wedding quilt, and finished all 20, tho I need to go get some solid black today to finish up the last row and make setting triangles--- still trying to figure out that math for that! SO, after I do a little shine up around here I'm going to make a mad dash up to Joann and if I can't find some nice Kona cotton in black. I have a big chunk of black that Katie gave me, but I think it's poly/cotton and I'll save that for something else.

And now the coffee is cold, so while I'm in the kitchen getting more, I just might pull out of big pot to make that chicken soup!! It's a perfect day for it!

Wishing YOU all a Marvelous Monday

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:16 am

Good morning. It's going to be a beautiful day today. I listen to a devotion in the morning and again at night. The app is called Lectio 365. Last night I just about fell asleep before it finished playing and didn't wake up until Moose decided to go outside at 6am.

This morning, I am waiting on the person who picks up medical equipment to come get the equipment from the house. After he gets done, I will give the living room a really good vacuum. Haven't vacuumed for just over a month and I can only imagine how many times I will need to empty the canister, so much dog hair. As I clean the living room, I will get rid of the clutter. Today is living room day.

When the grass dries up from the morning dew I will do a little weed eating. It's supposed to be the low 60's today and no rain so maybe I can get some real work done. Then the rest of the day is mine. Never made it to the sewing room yesterday but hoping for today.

Lyn, love the quilt block on your new sewing palace. I'm amazed at what a big deal this eclipse is going to be at your place. Make sure that Maddox gets a big hug and a hair fluff from me.

Tonight I will have leftover chicken parm and a salad. I'll also thaw out some hamburger and bacon for tomorrow.

Hope you all have a marvelous day,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Sew ins”