Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday April 1st

Daily discussions.
Irishgram

Re: Monday April 1st

Post by Irishgram » Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:56 pm

Good very late afternoon from a warm, springy type day in SW. Pa...We had rain all night and the pond across the street is full of water and ducks...But, the sun came out and when I went out to pick up the paper, was surprised at how warm it was..Actually made me feel like doing something and when that feeling happens, I'd better take advantage of it.....So, today is, Easter stuff put away and then sewing room clean up....Windows are now bare (dirty but bare) and most decorations are hidden away and I've even rounded up all spare pieces of Easter fabric and put them away...Was going to start on curtains but found embroidered blocks from a few years ago so that's next on the list...Those poor curtains keep getting pushed to the bottom of the list...
Our Easter was purrrfect as Mary would say....I almost didn't go because I woke up to a huge mass on my shin...Not sure what happened because I've been wearing support hose when I know I'm going to be sitting alot (played cards the night before)...Had been told if this happens, keep the leg up but if it starts to bleed, head for the ER...My sister said, there would be a nurse there and I could sit there as well as home....So glad I went, food was unbelievable and the company was special....Our host had picked her Mom up at her nursing home and she was able to spend the day with us....Came home with enough food to last for a few meals and a sample of each dessert.....We each expressed just how much we all have to be thankful for, we're very blessed.....

Lyn, Love, love your quilt block and now, you have me searching...I need one for above the door on my shed, for sure....On that April Fool's day 24 years ago, did you have any idea how your life was about to change? I often wonder what would my life be like, had I'd never broken my leg and ended up in the hospital room next to Jim...For me, it sure was a lucky "break", pain full but very lucky.....Keep showing us pictures as things happen, love to see them.....

Chriss, it does sound like maybe things are falling into place...But, just don't over do, keep busy but you also need to take it easy, those things will get done....I found it strange at 1st, thinking I head Jim asking for something or wake up during the night and thinking he had gotten up and would actually go looking for him...It takes awhile to get yourself acclimated but it's all good.....

I was going to take a ride, visit with Jim and do a few errands but got stated on this room and the time has flown by.....Did have a call from Kathy telling me about a fellow who, of course thought he could run from the police only to crash the car in her neighborhood and then try to break into several homes before he was caught, sadly and killed....She lives in Sparks, Nevada right outside of Reno and nothing like this happens in Sparks....I think I read once that someone on the forum has family that live in Sparks.....

Well, back to my mess that I now have after cleaning up the other mess....(never ending circle)...For my dinner, it will be ham, potato salad, green beans with mushrooms and dessert much later....Yummm

You all have a great rest of the day...............

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:09 pm

Lyn, the quilt block goes perfect on the sewing shack.

Maryz, I posted 2 short videos of Wrigley and Jack on FB a few days ago. I've seen the golden with the pacifier before. It's very funny. Jack is actually the thief around here. He likes to take things just to have.
He'll go in the closet and steal shoes and just put them in a pile and lay by them. In fact, he just stole a pin cushion, and Wrigley came to rat him out.

Jana, bummer about the guard, and that Aaron had to go in to handle the call.

Chriss, hope you were able to wrangle those weeds and grass under control. With the rain down here, peoples yards are going crazy with growth. It's been in the 60's today here as well and I have the doors and window open too. My front room needs to be vacuumed, but that will wait until tomorrow.

We had a low key day yesterday. It rained all weekend, and we basically stayed inside. I was able get Jack out in the afternoon for a short walk. On our walk this morning, we could see the mountains are covered in snow. They are absolutely fabulous. I finished up the binding on my little quilt and put it up on the wall. I'm working on another little one with some applique. I moved everything in the kitchen and wiped down the counters this morning. Then we went to Costco for a few things. It was crazy busy. The lines for gas were blocking 3 isles. It must be a really good deal for people to wait that long.

I think we will just have leftovers for dinner.

Have a lovely evening.

Lori 8-)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:47 pm

Hi everyone!
I had a lazy day today, kinda recouping from the last couple of days.
We hit 56° for a few minutes then it dropped 10° and we had the pellet stove on all day. Woke up to a little rain at the house and snow covered mountains, beautiful 😍
We had leftovers for supper.
Tina

Return to “Sew ins”