Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Easter March 31,2024

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Easter March 31,2024

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:35 am

Good morning and Happy Easter to you all.

Today will be just the two of us .
Will be relaxing or do some sewing.
It's suppose to go up to 61⁰ with the sun shinning .
Will be cooking a little bird today with all the stuff that goes with it.
Also made a chocolate cream pie for desert.

I hope Everyone has a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois.

grammiequilts

Re: Easter March 31,2024

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:27 am

Haappy Easter to you all...it is rainy and cloudy here, We will head to our oldest son and his lovely wife for dinner today, Ham and smoked brisket are on the menu. I am bringing sald and deviled eggs. Liam brought over a dozen colored eggs,,,so deviled eggs it is...We do not color eggs any more since all the kiddos are gone. Liams other grandmother still has her even grown grandkids over on Easter saturday to color eggs. it is one of those traditions that I aquiested to the other grand mothers...i did it with my kids for years,,,I also had our own traditions of healthy easter baskets,,,I di fruit and nuts and their favorite snacks and one chocolate rabbit...my kids loved it...We had a market near our house that carried the perfect fruit and snacks...so my kids knew the fruit and nuts came from Farmer Grants market. I never had a complaint. even today they rememebr our special baskets...
yesterday I worked on the photos and did some sewing,,,I was out in the shop watching the progress being made out there,,,20 years since it has been cleaned that good...it will be a while but 2 loads have gone to the dumpster and more to go...Liam is on a mission...He wants to rebuild an old car with his PA...and that is where the build will take place..when there is room. there are 2 projects to go before the car or truck project..DD bookcases and Kens basement bar,,so we shall see.
I did have a quilting moment yesterday ( you have all had them) I was surfing and came across a quilt called Carrie Nation,quilt..I ordered the fabric for it...I will do it in red white and blue,,,because i dont have a red white and blue quilt in my collection. She was known by some as 'Hachet GRanny" as she used to destroy establishments that sold and served liquor...pre prohibition, she used a hachet,,,now I dont agree with prohibition but her story is quilte interesting...and the quilt is very cool...
Well my coffee cup is empty so off I go to the kitchen to russle up some breakfast,,,,have a wonderful day and be joyous in the Easter blessings,,,XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

patches4

Post by patches4 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:37 am

Good morning all
HE HAS RISEN, HE HAS RISEN INDEED! HALLELUJAH
Happy Easter one and all!
Will catch services on line today. Not able to walk real well yet,even though I now can shower and get it wet and really hesitant to stand in shower.
Feels weird not to be at church today.
Traditions continue. DDS made Lamb Cake for him and sister family. DD3 with 5 kids took all 5 to early sun rise service then to his side for dinner. The kids were thrilled to go and wear all new Easter clothes. They did well.
We are withDD1 having Easter something we couldn’t do since she’s been in Virginia now almost 22 years. Colored eggs with onion skins, made coffee cake, and will have ham for dinner.
The Lord is good, life is good.
Easter Blessings to one and all.
Prayers lifted up for all.
TinaB

velvet

Post by velvet » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:51 am

HAPPY EASTER!!!
Today we will go to brunch at Amy and Pauls (Frans son). We made 2 baskets for our 2 adorable (aren't they all) GGD's Riley and Harley. DS and DDIL will be here around 11 and then we'll walk to the kids.
The weather is a beautiful sunny Sunday.

I hope everyone has a great day and that the wrinkles with hospice are worked out asap.
BECCA- a prayer has your name on it.

Diane

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:04 am

Happy Easter to everyone!

LOIS - your day sounds nice. Have you started looking for a new dishwasher yet? Any idea of what brand you want or do you care? We went with a Bosch and it works very well but it loads a bit weird. And we often forget to unload the very top shallow tray many dishwashers have nowadays for utensils, tupperware lids, etc. But that's on us - old dogs trying to learn new tricks.

CHRISS - I always advise friends to never have any medical procedure done on a Friday if it can be avoided. I guess we should include a facility transfer, too. I think it's not unusual to have some kinks to work out. Especially since you said this isn't really a Hospice facility per se. I'm sure all will be squared away by Monday. I'm glad you're getting out to do things and see people. And I'm sure it's a relief to know Jerry is getting good professional care now.

JUDI - We haven't colored eggs in years because it's just us. Would love to do it with Amara but it's hard when we're 2500 miles apart. You're making progress on those photos! Are you labeling as you sort? We have a major shop cleaning day about once a year. My hubby is a terrible shop-keeper/organizer/put-away-er. And I can stand it only so long. Will Liam help with the woodworking projects, too?

BECCA - saying a prayer your health is better today. Are you going to Alex's for the day?

DIANE - How wonderful to have so many of your loved ones so close to you!

TINA B - glad you are now able to shower with your foot surgery. After two instances with houseguests and one with myself I finally went to Goodwill and found a shower stool for $4 just to have on hand. I store it in the rafters in our shop "just in case". Of course, now that I'm prepared, we've never used it.

LYN - Do you know what kind of flooring you'd like? Sleep on it. Not literally though! I like carpet in my sewing room. We have so much pet hair, fabric dust, and regular dust that if I drop fabric - and I ALWAYS drop fabric - it gets dirty on any floor but carpet. But not sure if carpet is practical in your situation. So I will abstain from voting on your floor. :D What did you get at HEB for dinner today? I miss HEB. Sure wish we had one here!

IRISH - I hear ya on pets! That's one big reason why we travel by RV 98% of the time. They can go with us. I know we will be leaving Foxy and Scott in good hands at home when we go to Alaska in August. My cousin will stay at our house. But I will still worry. I'm an Irish Catholic mom. Worry is our thing! And I vote for the lemon cheesecake dessert, please. That sounds delish! I might need that recipe. I have to take a dessert to a dinner in a couple of weeks.

LORI - what will you be doing for Easter? Will your dad come to your house?

MARY Q - has it been 8 years since your visit? For sure it's time to come back! That's a good point about flooring and rolling chairs. I have carpeting but under my rolling chair I have a chair mat. You should get those photos down and at least label them. We visited Bill's aunt in Ironwood, MI about 25 yrs ago. She showed us tons of pictures of his relatives in Poland that went back to mid-1800's. But she refused to label them thinking that would destroy the photo. So we went out to buy a scanner/printer and paper (had to go to the next town to find one), and spent all afternoon scanning photos and labeling our copies. Arghhh.... What a job that was!

JANA - what an adventure Sandee is having! I bet she was pretty frustrated with her brother! We found out when I tried to lock my purse in the car once that the car won't lock if keys are left in it and my set of keys was in my purse. I'm kind of surprised that Sandee's new truck doesn't have that feature.

TINA - that's funny about Preston and the picture of the cherry pie on the Crisco can. That's one of those stories that should be written down! Did you make your cheesecake? So easy! But kind of spendy ingredients.

We enjoyed a whole morning with our grandsons yesterday but then Alec had to go to work and Drew had to meet his buddies for a training bike ride. They are training to ride the Seattle to Portland Bike Run in July - 150 miles. We did a little (very little) yard work in the afternoon and grilled burgers on the deck for supper. Today Doyle is springing Susie from the rehab facility and they are coming here about 2pm with another friend whose hubby is working today. We'll set up a folding table in our downstairs family room. They can just come in through the garage - no stairs. Dinner will be so easy - a small ham that only needs heating, Costco's frozen mac & cheese, roasted asparagus with garlic and parm, fruit salad, Rhodes frozen rolls, deviled eggs, olives, pickles, cranberry sauce, and for dessert - ice cream and Pepperidge Farm cookies. You can see, I'm sparing no effort! 😁 The most work will be opening jars and deviling the eggs. I believe I might even have time to cut some fabric! I'll be cutting background fabric for my next Cat Christmas.

Wishing everyone a blessed and happy Easter!
mary z
>^+^<

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:26 am

Morning
Maryq, I have a lilac tree in front yard....does that count?
Kids coming for supper. Exhausted from yesterday. But most heavy cooking done.
Happy Easter! HE is risen.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:46 am

Good morning. Hoppy Easter.

No big plans today. I will head into town to see Jerry, I have an Easter basket for him. Dinner for me will be a kind of chicken parm something. I have the sauce and chicken thawed out, just need to make it.

I hope to get in some sewing and weed eating. We have to clear 100 feet around any structures for fire clearance, and I like to also get between the road and my fence so it will be a big job that will take weeks to complete. But I like to weed eat.

Lois, my Easter celebration will be just me and Moose. Enjoy your quiet day.

Judi, your Easter plans sound wonderful. I just may make some deviled eggs. The Carrie Nation will be a gorgeous RW&B quilt.

Tinab, sounds like a fun time at DD's, did you make her an Easter Basket?

Diane, what fun to make kid baskets. happy brunch.

Maryz, I think your dinner sounds wonderful. Less work is a wonderful thing.

Flo, I also have a lilac tree.

Becca, sounds like you aren't feeling well, prayers said.

I'm sure that as the coming week ends everything will be ok with Jerry and the facility he is in. I'm still questioning this move and hoping that it's right for him. I will be at peace with it soon I'm sure.

I've requested a portable oxygen concentrator for Jerry so that he can be more mobile. He needs oxygen and if he has a portable concentrator, he can use his wheelchair. If Hospice doesnt' cover it I will see what Medicare can do. If he would gain strength in his legs so he could help me lift him to a standing position he could come home but he's just laying in bed sleeping. He is eating a few bites at each meal.

You all have a wonderful day,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:52 am

Good morning!

Happy Easter! A beautiful and wonderful gift given to us.

Church is in a little while. I'm still like a little kid, getting a new dress to wear today. In the past, I usually made my Easter dress, but now let the magic fingers find one online.

Matt and family will be disembarking their ship shortly and heading home. The weather to drive through is terrible! It rained here all night on me and there's a winter storm warning on Matt's way home.. No egg hunts here,, the color would wash off! I have the chocolate bunnies all ready for the grands.. it will be a quiet day here too. I might find my way to the Batt Cave.

Watched my first baseball game of the season last night. I have MLB package, so there will be lots of Giants games here. Time to pull my jersey from the back of the closet! :)-

Daniel is in the final drawing stage of my deck plans. He is adding width and raising the height to make it a easy level access out the doors. Right now, the access has a steep step down, which doesn't play nice with arthritic knees. So that project will soon start. Also he's moving the stairs to the yard from the front of the deck to the side. Those stairs moving are giving us the extra width without having to dig new footings. We're reusing the existing underpinnings. All technical stuff that Daniel does daily!

Enjoy the day!
Hugs,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:44 am

Happy Easter to each and everyone of you. I hope you all have a very enjoyable day ❤️
Mary, my cheesecake looked good when I put it in the fridge last night LOL, the cost of the cream cheese was only $6.26 so not bad, I had everything else and we're getting 10-13 eggs a day so I had plenty of everything.
Chriss, do you have one of those push, walk behind weed eaters? They're awesome!
I think we're having 12 here today. Egg coloring is usually done outside but today is supposed to be windy and dirt blowing so it may be done inside..... depends if they get here before the wind starts. I almost forgot to buy the egg coloring stuff but thankfully remembered. My eggs are browns and greens from the chickens so I have colored eggs everyday 🤣😂
We're having ham, scalloped potatoes, green beans, deviled eggs, frog eye salad, watergate salad, stuffed celery and I made chocolate chip cookies, snowball cookies, cheesecake and pecan pies.
Hoping you all have a wonderful day ❤️
Tina

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:57 am

Happy Easter! He has Risen!!

Chriss, I will be out there Weed eating and mowing with you. Could you have a meal with Jerry? At my Dad's you could buy a ticket for $5 or so and then eat with him. But we didn't get to because of Covid.

MaryZ, The flooring will be a hardwood or whatever the initials are for the vinyl flooring stuff. I picked up several samples from Lowe's and will probably have them install it. They guarantee installation for a year and manufacturer guarantees a long time IF installed by professionals. I looked at Home Depot but they don't have samples. I need samples, so they won't get my business for flooring. They did get my business for the lights, 9 of them.

We will have ham, cranberry sauce and scalloped potatoes, we rarely eat potatoes at home. Garry will have some olives too, I don't do olives, yuk.

I hope everyone has a Blest day. Prayers for all, extras for Jerry, Chriss, Becca, Tinab, Judi's DDIL & DSIL, Tina and God knows where to send the rest..
Lyn

Return to “Sew ins”