Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Easter March 31,2024

Daily discussions.
WeSignificant

Re: Easter March 31,2024

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:37 am

HAPPY EASTER ๐Ÿฐ ๐Ÿฃ

Busy this AM. Got my charting all caught up. Last laundry in the dryer. Getting ready to fold a load. Almost done cleaning off the dining room table. Still need to get dressed. Trying to get it all done before DS and DDIL get here early afternoon.

Hoping the Easter Bunny was good to everyone ๐Ÿ™.

Back to work I go. Will post lotto winner by this evening
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:39 pm

Happy Easter Everyone,

We had a fabulous breakfast of Scrambled Eggs, hash browns, sausage, homemade Blueberry Scones and peaches. After Mass we are taking a nap! lol Dinner tonight will be Ham, Scalloped Potatoes, Fresh Broccoli, and Salad and for dessert it will be Carrot Cake and homemade Vanilla Ice Cream. We do have candy for snacking too.

Lois - Are there concerns about the supply chain because of the bridge collapse in Maryland in your area for dishwashers?

Chriss - I hope that things are more settled today.

All is well here. The storm overnight was very noisy on the roof. I don't think there was lightening & thunder just wind and rain (lots of it). It started just after midnight and continued until about 7 this morning. It has been showers off and on since.

Jana - Wishing Matthew safe travels. The storm was fierce. Remember we live near the port of Los Angeles (& Long Beach.) We had a notification to "shelter in place" at midnight. The notification woke me up and I moved the phone to the other room. lol I am not sure which direction the storm is headed. Hope it goes South towards Tina so Matthew escapes the storm.

Carol

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:55 pm

Carol no im just not purchasing 1 right now we don't use it but a few times a week.

Lois

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:18 pm

What a difference a day makes. Talked with people where Jerry is and things are getting better. They will check on him every two hours to be sure his needs are met. I also talked to the person who doles out the meds She said they do accept electronic signatures but that when she went to print the orders the signature didn't print. So, the facility and the doctor can just duke it out.

I am so glad that all worked out. I was also able to move some furniture around to make it easier for jerry. He has a long phone charging cord. And even though i set up his tv yesterday he hasnt turned it on. He just isn't interested in anything.

After Jerry I stopped by my dad's then home. The plan was to weed eat but it started to spinkle so I made my chix parm and then weed eated. Looks ok out there, still a ton more to do. At least Moose can go out with the grass not tickling his belly.

When I get done here I will shower then go sew a bit. The windows are open and the house is airing out. Today is such an improvement over the last few days. I might just exhale.

Jana, I'd love a new decking situation. I'd be thrilled if the dining slide glass door and the front door just connected by a deck although I wouldn't scoff at something bigger. My step mom and I were just talking about new Easter dresses with white shoes and a matching purse, gloves and hat. Did you take a picture in your new dress?

Tina, I do have a push behind weed eater, it's gas powered and so difficult to start, but I will give it a try. I also have a riding mower which i don't know how to use, thankfully there is surely a YouTube video on it. And I have a battery powered weed eater. I love them. Ham and scalloped potatoes is a wonderful combo. I bet is was a delicious dinner that made the house smell good.

Lyn, yes, I can eat with Jerry, I have to give 4 hours notice and pay the fee. Right now Jerry is eating in his room, I am trying to get him a portable oxygen concentrator so he can be more mobile. My plan is, if he gets the concentrator, I will show up during exercise time and get his butt to the class. If Hospice can't make it happen I will have to look into it a bit. They are a bit pricy to buy, but hopefully the insurance will help to rent it? we'll see. I have the Hospice nurse checking it out.

Valerie, hope Easter is a blast.

Carol, glad you weathered the storm. My step brother lives in San Clemente and they had to call off their outdoor church service due to that storm. Sure glad I don't live closer, that carrot cake would meet its demise.

Hey, we didn't see Maryq today, what's with that?

It's after 5pm here, I've gotten as much weeding done as I'm going to do today, It's time for a shower then to sew a stitch or two. Moose sure isn't liking this situation, He's just not sure what to do with himself. It's hard to be a dog.

Hope Easter was wonderful for each of you.

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to โ€œSew insโ€