Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Holy Saturday March 30th

Daily discussions.
Irishgram

Re: Holy Saturday March 30th

Post by Irishgram » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:52 am

Good afternoon from a very dreary, rainy, miserable, SW. Pa...But, the pond is filling up and the ducks are having a great day so what's not to like.......

MaryZ, that darn cleaning still hasn't gotten done! I think the "cleaning lady" is hiding in her sewing room or just goofing off....At least, I did get some laundry done and now, I'm in the midst of making a dessert for tomorrow and waiting for the crust to cool.....I was going to make that strawberry/pretzel thing but couldn't find strawberries that I liked so making a Lush Lemon cheesecake thingie....
I've been very lucky to have a neighbor who will take care of BabyGirl and also, Carla's son will take over if needed.....But, it does bother me to leave her, know she must feel abandoned.....Oh these pets! But, I'll keep you in mind if I need a sitter......

Chriss, hope you get all the clinks worked out...Around here, Jerry would be in a nursing home but they are probably run the same way...I was also amazed, years ago, when my Mom was in the nursing home, anyone could pass meds.. It could be an 18 year old with no degree....I'm hoping that has changed by now.... Just hoping and praying, this is a good transition and Jerry gets the care he needs and you also will have peace of mind and get some rest......

Lyn, Love, love your sewing shed! I could see having a small fridge and a coffee maker and never having to leave...(oops forgot about the potty)...But, so happy to see you're getting, what I'm sure is all our "dream shed".

Well, best get back to my dessert...Will need to jump in the shower and get changed for our big night out.....Guess that cleaning might have to wait until Monday, gosh darn....

My sister called and we're going to dinner and then playing cards again tonight...The gal who wants to play is having an ablation on Monday...In the last couple of weeks, she's had to put her fella in a memory care unit (same one Jim was in) and she's feeling lonely...His son and DDIL are there for the weekend and the DDIL also loves to play cards.....

You all have a great rest of the day and a very Blessed Easter............

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:46 pm

Chriss, hopefully everything will fall into place once Jerry is settled. How far is the place from your house? I'm sure you'll be spending some time there. And yes, lets take a ride to Lyn's sewing shack.
Lori 8-)

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:27 pm

Y'all are welcome ❣️
Just make sure it's early spring or late fall. :lol: I'd like to be here!

Chriss, I think there's always some hiccups when moving a loved one to a facility. That happened when Dad was moved to an assisted living facility.

I have several choices of flooring color and type samples laying on the cabin floor. Now to decide 🤔

Happy Easter Friends ❣️❣️
Lyn

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:29 pm

I was able to get a lot done today. Took a wheelchair that I ordered from Amazon back to the UPS store for return. Picked up my sewing machine, visited Jerry and hooked up his tv, stopped at the dollar and a quarter store for Easter basket stuff for Jerry, and came home to a game of "give me the ball" with Moose.

I was told that the Hospice doctor did submit the orders to the facility but they were signed electronically the facility couldn't accept them. Seems they need an actual signature. But, I can come there and give him his meds. On Monday I will have this all straightened out I hope.

O' Dorothy, how was dinner, and how was cards. Seems to me there aren't good medical people anymore because people don't get into those fields anymore. I guess if you can make 30 dollars an hour managing McDonalds why go to medical school.

Lori, everything will work out. Jerry is 30 miles away. It's a nice drive down a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair. Actually it's down a two lane highway that has almost no traffic. The town is Merced and it's where I do my grocery shopping. I have to say, a trip to Lyn's would be a real treat.

Lyn, what kind of flooring are you looking for. tile, carpet, vinyl? My dad has linoleum in his kitchen and living room that looks like wood flooring. I so wish I had that in my house.

Tomorrow I will go see Jerry and take him his Easter basket. He did tell me that I hadn't brought him any gummy worms. I need to remember to pack some zip lock bags for him as well so he can keep his candy fresh. I'd like to go to church service, then go see my dad. After that it's home, hopefully early enough to do a little something around here.

I'm watching The Chosen. Wehn a new season comes out I like to start from season one and binge watch it.

Hope you all have a marvelous Easter

Chriss

Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Sew ins”