Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

THURSDAY, March 28th

Daily discussions.
gershwin64

Re: THURSDAY, March 28th

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:30 am

Jana, oooooohhhhhh, you must have a defective handle. Mine you really have to twist it hard to get it to collapse to the smaller size..... maybe Frankie over tightened it? I actually can't do it, I have to have him twist it to make smaller it's so tight.
I'd take snow, it's moisture.... just sayin 😉
Tina

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:23 am

Good morning. Another soggy day is on the agenda for today. We should see rain off and on through the weekend.

Yesterday I was so wise not to get pushy with the care facility. I was going to give them till lunch time to get in touch with me and they replied to my email around 10am. They will be sending someone to my house at 10am to evaluate Jerry and d3termine the level of care he will need. Hospice will then move some DME into the facility and Jerry will be transported in the morning. After that they will come pick up DME I have here at the house. Yay, things are moving forward. God makes things work out, it just takes a prayer and a little faith by stepping back and letting him put those ducks in a row. I am so grateful.

Maryz, I know about being cranky. Dang dogs. Yep, I love 30's fabrics. And civil war fabrics. In fact I love anything that doesn't have glitter or metalic or weird designs in it, I think it's called geometric? Like you I'm plain and simple.

Judi, I bet it was hard to keep your lip zipped and not volunteer. Connecting Threads sent me an email that says their batting is on sale.

Valerie, not sure this forum can handle two cranks on the same day. I don't work well with a schedule either, I'm more of a list person. I have a to do list and cross things off as I go. I would like to add a little exercising to my morning routine. Maybe just a you tube video of Walk Away The Pounds. How are the grands and great grands doing?

Flo, I don't need anything at the grocery store just yet so no need to stop by for a list. Soon I will be cleaning out the pantry and seeing what I have and need. I want to get rid of the carb filled food Jerry was eating because I don't eat it.

Jana, those battery operated seam rippers always reminded me of the hair cutting razor I use on Jerry. I didn't think they would work well. I love the rainy weather, the oak trees are getting their leaves, the wild flowers are popping up. It's a beautiful view from my recliner.

Lois, I have not used my dishwasher in years. I haven't even opened the door to it. Maybe I should peek?

Katy, you are a busy girl. Hope Jim is doing better, wasn't he supposed to move to Fla?

Maryq, I know the place Jerry is going to. I put my grandma there at the end of her life. It's a wonderful facility, clean and inviting. I will take pictures and things for his room. Adn will get a small tv at WalMart. He really hasn't been watching tv these last few days but i want to be sure it's there if needed. I will label his clothes, I'm only taking a few changes at first. I'll be there daily and take home his laundry. Yes, Hospice bills Medicare. I agree, pizza isn't really what it used to be. I'm a papa murphys no crust pizza person. It's basically the sauce and toppings in a bowl that you heat and eat. But really, it's kind of expensive for what it is.

Tina, that makes 4 of you with that spin mop. Guess I have to check it out. Not sure anything can help my floors. They are just awful. How nice of the lady to clean dad's house. And even better that your dad is accepting the help.

Last night I had some tuna for dinner, there is enough left for me to finish it up now. I have chicken tenders thawing out for dinner but they are still frozen so dinner may be a salad.

You all have a fun day,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:39 am

Back with all my chores done...Jana I have the spinny thing for my bathroom shower too...it is amazing it has brushes and sponge and many attachments to clean various surfaces. it does a great job on the tile walls too...MY Spinny mop doesnt do that but I am sure if you call the company they will make it right. giving you a new handle...i love it so much I dont even mind doing floors anymore..and yes it goes behind the toilet quite well and under things...you dont want to move....I use Mrs Meyers cleaning day all purpose and everything smell fresh and clean...I did buy extra mop heads and keep one for the other floors and one for only the bathrooms. I am thinking of getting another mop for the man cave down stairs...
Off to go outside and see what the yard needs...Liam is coming over to start cleaning the shop ( eating an elephant,,,,easy if you do one bite at a time)XXXXOOO
Chris hoping the move goes smoothly..and you are able to care for Jerry better this way..Thank you I ordered batting for 30% off
Last edited by grammiequilts on Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 am

I think I'm finally caught up after last weeks retreat. What a great time I had sewing, walking on the beach, dying fabrics, laughing with friends and eating some yummy meals.

Chriss, glad things are moving along for you and Jerry. This will be a huge adjustment for you both. Though you think you are ready to move forward, all kinds of different emotions will show and that you are not expecting. You'll get through them. I think about you and Jerry daily. It breaks my heart that you have to go through this.

Maryz, yes, you should definitely wake Bill up. Misery loves company. I'd be cranky too. You'll probably sleep well tonight.

Jana, I need one of those spinning things. I was looking at them the other day. I thought you were going to get a housekeeper?

Tina, sounds like Rosie is doing well since her surgery. I think Italian places are the best to get pizza too. That's nice that you dad has someone who offered to help.

Maryq, I don't like loud parties either. We get them in our area once in a while. I guess you're finally getting winter now that it's spring. Not exactly what you wanted.

Judi, oh no! Spilling the coffee before coffee sounds like a bad omen.

Katy, glad Barney is set for the year with his heartworm meds. That's definitely the way to go.

Lois, it's always something. Bill does most of our dishes. The rule in our house is, If you cook the other person does the dishes. Bill never cooks.

Flo, that's a lot of potting soil.

Val, not you too. I like the lotto block for April I'll try some out next week.

I dyed a few more fabrics yesterday. Here's a picture of what I've done over the last week. It's super easy ice dying, and a few small dye baths.

Dinner will be chili tonight. I've got lots of thing to do today, and it's easy.

Have a lovely day.

Lori 8-)

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 am

Good morning everyone! Looks to be a fine day. I was going to post yesterday but got interrupted and never got back.

MaryZ, I second the motion, when you get woke up like that wake Bill up and tell him to quiet 'His' dog. I'm very relieved that your cousin is fur baby sitting. I think I could probably handle the water on the Inside Passage.

Chriss, I woke up this morning thinking about you and Jerry. A memory popped up of a secretary we had at RE/MAX. She would tell me often, 'It's going to go better than you can possibly imagine'. That's my hope and pray for your day.

I was going to post some pictures of the cabin yesterday but again got busy and didn't get back here. I will get some up today. It was amazing watching the man and his son unload and position the cabin onto my Granite gravel site. As for electric, I'm waiting on the electrician to call. The hvac guy, Brain, will come tomorrow and tell me how much a mini split will cost. I'm researching brands and so far Pioneer looks the best for my size building. He may also give me the electric quote, as he and the electrician are co-owners. After the electric is in, I will have it insulated with closed foam. Then some kind of paneling and flooring. My biggest problem is deciding on lighting. I'm not sure if can lights mounted in the ceiling, like I have in Estes or florescent strip lights.

Back when I was arranging my sewing room in Estes, I friend told me about an app for my iPad, called Roomle, it was free. You can design your room. I started a new plan for the cabin. I hope I can copy my furniture and paste into Cabin.

I was typing this and the electrician called. I had to hurry and shower, I was being lazy and drinking coffee in jammies, before he showed up at 11. Wayne is a nice guy and did work for us last fall. We discussed outlets and lights. Going to put 8 LED Halo lights, 4,000 lumen, on a dimmer. 15 outlets cabinet height, one up high for TV and one in the middle of the ceiling. On the FB sewing room site some people mentioned the ceiling outlet. I think that might be a good idea. I might want to put the HQS16 in the middle so quilt isn't bumping wall. Also outside plug on back and porch. Will have a porch light too. Electric can be pulled from garage, that will save money on digging from the pole in the front yard.

We have to run to Llano now.
Hope everyone is having a good day.
Lyn

Return to “Sew ins”