Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday March 27, 2024

Daily discussions.
patches4

Wednesday March 27, 2024

Post by patches4 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:41 am

Good morning all,
Today is hump day. The week is going by so fast already. Can’t wrap my head around Easter is Sunday. 29 degrees in Illinois this am 48 degrees in Virginia. Gods handiwork and artistry is in full bloom with trees budding one after the other, timing only the good Lord can do.
Illinois will be a month behind yet.
Prayers said for Chris and Jerry, TinaR and all of us, to get through our day the best we can and follow the Lords plan. Prayers also for families of the missing 6 workers just doing their job when bridge in Maryland collapsed.
I am thankful for each of you and just know I think of you often and wish I could do more than think about you and pray for you. But, prayer is more powerful than me.
Have a blessed day,
Hugs
TinaB

WeSignificant

Re: Wednesday March 27, 2024

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:52 am

Good morning everyone and Happy Hump Day! Today would have been my Mom's 97th birthday. Miss you Mom and Happy Heavenly Birthday.

Only one patient today so will get some sewing in. Have start my BOM 1 st block and only have the corner pieces to finish and then sew the pieces together. I am doing Windsong by Wing and a Prayer. I have another lotto block with the components done, just have to sew the block together. Two more colors picked out for that and 10 inch squares cut. Can cut the rest of the 10 inch squares I need today. And still have the Waste knot quilt block components of the design wall, just need to get to sewing those together. Not much more progress on my binding project. Was really tired after work yesterday so didn't do anything when I got home.

Irish our rain comes back this evening and looks like it might stick around till the weekend. Funny, my brain does the same thing at times. Those banana squares sure sound good, can you save me one please.

Lyn holy moley, I thought you were getting a shed, not a whole house! I can't wait for you to get it all together and have the official tour.

Chriss I wish they would speed things up a bit. I have never heard of a facility asking for a regular blood test. Always a PPD which is the one that goes just under the skin. Then read in 48 hours. Hoping they can get things together real soon. I don't like the waiting game either. Just FYI, hospice will provide equipment which is deemed necessary. W/C is a regular hospice thing. Always ask them first before purchasing anything. They also supply personal needs like pads, etc.

Jana I heard on the news last night there are 6 workers unaccounted for. This is so sad. Sounds like they have lost their lives in saving others. It will be interesting to see what the investigation finds.

Carol I think I have heard that before about the Date of Easter and just forgot. I wonder how they came up with that.

Tina everything in CA is higher that the rest of the country! We will consider our living arrangements after retirement. We do own the home and we could sell. I don't want to live in snow country though and both the kids live in snow country. I also don't want to go the east where my younger sister lives as the humidity I think would be too much for my asthma. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Maryq yes, DS in South Dakota is getting some more snow. They are supposed to leave Saturday to head here and arrive on Easter. The annual fishing trip is starting on the 4th so they are coming for that. DS wants to show his wife around CA a bit before they head for the Delta. I am not going there until the 6th when I get off work.

Maryz wow, that's a lot to get your car serviced. I have been using my 6600 machine while the M7 is at the spa. It started squeeking so cleaned it all out and so far so good. Sure don't want two at the spa at the same time. We have some unusual names in our family, but have not heard of the 7 letter thing. Just FYI, I do not like 30's fabrics. Just putting that out there. I know they are quite popular but just can't hack them. I guess the quilt was not meant to have borders!

Well just noticed that battery is running low and I need to get to yesterday's charting and start picking up a bit. DH didn't tell me till just Monday night that DS was coming Sunday and not Wednesday so lots of house picking up to do too. 4 patient's tomorrow will take all day as they are in Santa Rosa which is an hour at least if not 75 min away.

Have a great day all and may your bobbins all be full!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:53 am

Good morning,

We are going up to 54* and it going to stay there we are getting rain today and tomorrow.

Today we are going to clean since the cleaning faires didn't show :lol: .

Well I have to get a move on or nothing will get done.
I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:08 am

Good Morning TInab and thank you for the prayers...we can all use them whether we know it or not. my son in Law is in the hospital with a rare kidney condition. They say he will be fine after they treat it...but he has been there for 2 days. My DD is working but goes up there frequently...Her job is remote and she can work anywhere too,..Jeff feels ok but his blood work is off...DD actually took his computer up to him s he is a workaholic and I bet the nurses are happy that he is working from his hospital bed...You cant tell him rest,,,he doesnt know what that means,,,a few prayers there would be appreciated. His mother will probably go up there to hover...I will not...
I did get the 4 blocks cut and partially sewn...I will finish them today...Ken is home and working on his class prep...He teaches today. I also packed a bag to take to the leave and take table...many quilt magazines ( some i got from the leave and take) I have guild tonight,
Hope all of you are doing ok...I had my 2 grandsons,Nolan and Liam over yesterday...Nolan raked out more of the lower yard and got most of the leaves picked up...I now have a bigger yard...there is still a bunch of scrub to cut down and more to clean up down there but it was bad...when you look out my upstairs window you can see the lower yard and it does look much bigger...there was about 5 ft of debris on both sodes of the fence line...ken will now have to mow that much more down there,,,We also need to clean up around the mature trees and there is a big burn pile down there that needs to be burnt..I love my yard...but it is a lot of work....thank God for grandsons. once it is done we just mow th grass and watch the river go by...it is very peaceful down there,,,we have a family of Canada goose down there but I dont think they are nesting,,,if they have a nest they get very territorial and we get run off if we go down there,,,so fr they just honk and fly away...Wel so much for my piece of the forum...hope you have a great day,,,,XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:20 am

Good morning everyone 🌞
I woke up a little early, had a bad dream.
Tinab, we're low of 33 and high of 65 today, wind is getting less for today thankfully, the trees here are really blooming too, so pretty. I can't believe Easter is this Sunday either.
Valerie, I looked up your new BOM, it's gorgeous! What colors are you doing yours in? Humidity bothers me too. I hope tomorrow is an easy day but it does sound busy.
Lois, the cleaning fairies didn't make it here either, guess we better get busy huh. I could sure use some rain if you could send some that would be great!
Judi, prayers for your DSIL, I hope they get him fixed up quick πŸ™. Your description of your yard brought a mental image in my mind and it reminded me of going to my Grandma's..... climbing the mountain first house on the right was my uncle's and looks just like you described ❀️
I'm going to be working on my Sew Along today and probably cleaning. It's Dad's night for supper so think I'll make chicken and rice and maybe asparagus.
Prayers for Chriss and Jerry and all others in need πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
Tina

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:40 am

Morning
Yesterday was a long day...tractor dealer, garden nursery, metal supplier, and hardware store. I did get 12 coral bells and nursery...4 colors ,3 of each color. Temp got bitter cold last night so my kitchen is full of tulips, hyacinths and coral bells. Today I will work on the plastic barrel planters while Joe builds the cedar large ones.
Tina, my garden is all pretty plants and flowers so we can have Morning coffee and evening wine in a pretty place. For now I only grow tomatoes and those are in 5 gallon buckets. Our soil is all clay so any veges need to be raised beds.
Need to scoot
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:50 am

Good rainy morning,

KATHY - happy birthday if you're out there! I hope something special and wonderful happens in your life today!

IRISH - thank you re the puzzle offer, but I'm good for now, thanks! I have about a dozen that I need to work just so I can get them out of the house! After I work them, I give them to Autumn for her library. She likes to keep one set up in the activities room. My plan didn't go so well last few years as turns out she saves puzzles for me! So I'm back to a full supply again. My problem with jigsaws is that life as we know it in this house stops until I get it done. Foxy doesn't bother me too much unless it's his suppertime.

CHRISS - I hope those TB results get processed today! I think a week is plenty long to wait. And you shouldn't have to be paying for a WC with Hospice in the picture. It's my understanding they pay for any equipment you need. And if they don't, if you get a dr script, Medicare will pay for a lot, too, if Jerry's on Medicare. Bill has found if he talks to drs, institutions, etc., many will reduce charges. He even dickered our wedding rings down a hundred bucks! He has a gift. But it's always worth a try. I'm glad Jerry is on board with this move.

JANA - I pray for those bridge workers - and their families and co=workers. The first thing I had to do yesterday after watching the news and seeing the video of that bridge/ship accident was cross the Narrows Bridge, a 1-1/4 mile span. 160 feet above the water. Four times yesterday! Our bridge was the bugaboo of my childhood nightmares.

CAROL - Thanks for the lesson on the date of Easter. Not that I'll remember it, but it's nice to know for now. A few years ago it was the earliest that it can be, March 23rd - my birthday. I was born on Good Friday in 1951.

MARY Q - I had a long drive - two 40-mile round trips - yesterday for the car but at least I didn't have to drive in the dark. That was Judi that had the dark drive. I never even made it to my sewing room yesterday. You are so lucky that Katie doesn't like 30's prints. I love them. Are you going to make that doll dress quilt you mentioned a while ago? Did your fabric come for the wedding quilt?

JUDI - how did your day go yesterday? Sounds like you got at least a little sew time in. You've got such great grandsons to come help. Your property is beautiful but it sounds, though, like you could use a tractor with a brush hog attachment. The boys would love running that! While we were in Tacoma we did a few other errands. We dropped my "Chip" off for spa session so I'll be using "Stitch" for a couple of weeks. I did get him all set up in the sewing room, ready to go. He's been feeling left out. How is your DDIL doing? I've forgotten her name. Bad me. Prayers for your SIL - Jeff? I think I remembered his name. I hope he's better soon. Bill's sis also has an odd kidney thing. As did her twin brother.

LYN - did Santa come???! Exciting to see it all happen! When do you get things like power, lights, etc? Is it already insulated or is that a separate job? Soon you'll be furnishing it with tables, chairs, shelving and FABRIC! Our Alaska trip? After just getting home from 4mos/10,400 miles towing the fifth-wheel, (my sis and dbil took similar trip to FL this winter and are going to AK with us) none of us are thrilled about another 7,000 mile RV trip. Nor do we want to fly. And both our cars need a long highway run. So they are driving here from CO and then we're taking our car on the Alaska ferry. It's a 3-day,3-night sail. We'll be gone a month. I took a truck & camper and my 3 kids on the same ferry in 1989 but this will be new to Bill and the others. We have my Cousin Mary coming to stay to take care of our fur babies. She loves staying at our house and was amazed when we said we'd pay her!

SHARONA - At SeaTac they have little golf cart type vehicles to transport travelers to gates. Much faster than WC, though I don't know what the tipping practice is. I'd guess the same. Safe flight!!! When will you be home. I'll miss you! I think you said you'd only be gone about 4 days?

TINA - sorry Rosie is still limping. Scottie is, too, sometimes. He will be 11 in July. I think it's just a touch of arthritis. Some days I almost have to drag him on our daily walk but yesterday he was romping along like he was 9 again. And yes, there is another route to Tacoma, but it means going down around the south end of Puget Sound, through Shelton and Olympia and coming back north on I-5. A 2-hr drive each direction. So we take the bridge and pay the toll. We live on the Olympic Peninsula.

LOIS - did you get into your sewing room yesterday? I hope you make it today. Our cleaning fairies are going to come tomorrow. I will let Mr. Fairy know later. He likes to be surprised.

LORI - are you back from your retreat yet?

TINA B - glad all is going smoothly for you and yours!

VAL - Happy heavenly birthday to your mom. Yesterday was also my beloved Great Aunt Girlie's 124th birthday. (she is also in heaven.) I never understand how you can work all you do and sew all you do and still have time to breathe! You are Wonder-Quilter! You should make yourself a cape, but you probably don't have time.

Well, our car has had full service, everything checked, and alignment done. All for $475. The Lexus dealer wanted over $1,400 for the same service. We got new tires a month ago, so we're feeling pretty good about taking the car on a long trip now. I'm almost finished with my puzzle so life will resume soon. I have chiro appt this morning and this afternoon we're going to see Susie & Doyle and play cards for an hour or so. If I get any sewing time, I plan to try a couple April lotto blocks. I liked Sharona's sheet pan supper idea so I think that's what I'll do, too - chicken, potatoes, and a veggie to be named.

Hoping it's a good day for us all.

mary z
>^+^<

womster

Post by womster » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:07 am

Good morning!

Another drive-by. I'm off to Bible study, home for a wee nap, and then leave for the airport around 2pm.

Maryz - I will be home Saturday morning. A very quick trip.

Much love and prayers for all y'all! xoxo Sharona

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:17 am

Good Morning Everyone

A little bit late this morning, but I got distracted----as I so often do.. I noticed I received my MN state Income Tax refund this morning, so I was shopping around for ways to spend it! NO I am not fabric shopping. I'm looking for a new microwave oven for above my stove. Several options to choose from, but will wait to purchase until I know Shawn and Brennen can help me install it!

We've gotten more snow in the last 2 days than we have all winter!! But I think it's finally quit as the sun is brightly shining, but it's super cold. Think I'll stay in one more day and go get groceries tomorrow when the temps warm up a little. By next week "they" say we will be in the 40-50's so the snow will quickly melt.

Since I'm kind of "behind" this morning and I can see from my desk the messes I need to clean up, I'll just leave you all with a happy hello and get my music cranked up and my coffee cup filled and get myself to work!

Wishing you all a most Wonderful Wednesday... with prayers for all in need, and who doesn't need a prayer now and then!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:30 am

Good morning!

The sun is out and we're below freezing, again! You name the weather, we got it all yesterday, thunder, lightning, hail, rain snow, just take your pleasure! At least my Costco run was in between. We'll survive, I got milk!

No Wednesday run today. Sarah is off and will take Ethan down and wait for him. She has a few office chores to do. The new guy she hired is doing very well. Sandee's RV will be back home today, from some warranty repairs. She is leaving for California tomorrow morning and will be home 9n Tuesday. Then she and Sarah leave for Texas.

Sewing for me today. I need to behave as there is some new Kimberbell patterns being released today. I have a new mantra - I want my floors and deck, no fabric. Bur just watch out when they are done!

Enjoy the day!
Hugs,
Jana

Return to β€œSew ins”