Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday March 26th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Tuesday March 26th

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:49 am

Good morning I am heading out the door to have my car serviced...dont ask why I said yes to an early appt...but i guess it will give me the rest of the day to do stuff....by stuff I have cut out 4 QOV blocks and marked them for sewing,,,I will get them done today. and a few chores...I did the scavenger hunt yesterday and dropped off the taxes...we pay every year,,,Ken refuses to let the government have his money interest free all year. so we put it away our selves in the taxes bucket,
It is pouring rain here now but yesterday I did manage to get outside in the yard,,,Nolan came over to help clean up the lower yard and got about half done...He will return when the yard dries out again,,,it is the year of the outside we had a bid on the steps and porch repairs and hoping the contractor wants the job. He took pictures and will decide and give us a bid. it is a small job and big companies dont really want small jobs,,,especially cement jobs...we shall see.
Well I muxst run have a great day and hoping evenrthing turns your way,,,XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo

mepeace2

Re: Tuesday March 26th

Post by mepeace2 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:35 am

Good morning Judi and all that follow
I have been very busy still trying to clean out stuff. Yesterday went to pay my house insurance. I swear they think my house is made of gold. Over $1200 for one year. Oh well . I also bought more little solar lights. About a week ago on a Friday night someone tried to get in back door. The reason I knew they were there was Kiki kitty came running from sewing room and Barney went running to gate barking his head off. I had Tv on so I quickly turned it down. I had no lights on. All outside doors were locked. So I went to door and seen no one, and about 5 min. later I heard a car go by. SO my DD told me to get a bunch of lights because since I sold the truck it looks like no one lives here.
Well today lights go out. It rained all night and should be easy to get in.
Nothing new on farm. I have been trying to clean gardens up. I have sewn a little bit. I did get some garden seeds and onion sets. But not planting a large garden this year. Going to do flower beds more.
Judi I might make a couple of lotto blocks this month . I have done this block before only in a 6 inch block.
Hopefully the barn will sell and I can have some new steps installed. I have a list of stuff needing done.
Cement steps sound good.
Well need more coffee and walk Barney
Y'all have a great sewing day
Katy

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:55 am

Morning
Been busy here. Since we bought the olants and flowers for back yard, it's been rainy and life has kept us hopping...so we are no where close to planting. It's going to be cold tonight, so I will cover the plants with plastic. I have them grouped on back porch. I'm ready for winter to leave for the year.
I'm working on last row of blocks for doily quilt.
Chriss you and Jerry are in my prayers.
Valerie, how scary to have someone try to enter house.
Just saw on news a bridge in Maryland collapsed when a cargo ship ran onto it. There are 7 people who were driving on bridge still missing. Prayers for them.
Have a sew great day.
Flo

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:12 am

Good morning,

Judi I love early appointment I try to get the most out of my day good Luck with your car service.

Katy I would have been scared also I have night lights on at night also when Bill is away I put my car key where I can have at them to set the car horn off.

Yesterday we went to shoprite and got all we needed from there and today will be going to bjs for a couple of things then when we come back I will do some stuff around here.
I might also get into my room and sew a bit so thats where you'll find me.

Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:02 am

Good morning!

We're to get more frozen white stuff today. Good thing that the Easter bunny colors the eggs before hiding them! The city got the roads plowed, twice here and hopefully today's snow won't be as bad, as we need milk! A huge necessity in this house!

Worked on OWL yesterday and plan more of same. We will head off to Costco a bit later and maybe another grocery store too. Hand work on my H quilt is progressing slowly.

Brought out all my Easter decorations and put them out. Easter needs to be in April, not so early! The kids had a great time in Disneyland and today board the ship for their cruise to Cabo.

Well, I'm off to get my day started.,
Hugs,
Jana

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:07 am

Looks to be a beautiful morning.

Today's the day!! My cabin shell will be delivered sometime today.

Katy, the taxes on the house in Colorado is over $4,000. I like Lois's idea of car keys close. Even though it may be in the garage, hitting the panic button on it would tell people the house isn't empty. I suggest getting Blink doorbell cameras. When they are 'Armed' they will notify your cell phone when anything is near it, including a bird that likes my front door area.

I'm not sure what I will do until the Cabin arrives, maybe try the April lotto block since I'm at my little stash.

Prayers for Chriss and Jerry, and for everyone else in need which God knows.
Lyn

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:30 am

Good morning,

JUDI - I'll be seeing you at the car place! It won't be dark when I drive in but it will be rush hour - 20 miles each way. Ugly drive. We will leave our car for the day and go back again late this afternoon to pick it up. In all, 120 miles (3 round trips) using 6 gal of fuel at $4.60/gal plus $15 in bridge tolls. It's gonna be expensive. We need the 6yr/60,000 mile inspection. We are actually 8 yrs old with only 45,000 miles but it still seems a good time to do this before taking it to Alaska.

FLO - And here I was picturing your beautiful garden all planted, happy plants waving their little leaves in the sunshine! So, are all these plants flowers, veggies, or flowers & Veggies?

KATY - that would be scary! We have three outdoor motion detector lights. They go off and light the yard up with bright light if they detect any motion. Motion has to be stronger than a squirrel but the coyotes will set them off, so vehicles or people will do it for sure. Also, we purchased several signs warning of video security cameras at the hardware store and posted them down the driveway and around the property. We really do have security cameras, but burglars don't know if you do or don't. It's not a sin to lie to burglars. They will move on to another house. And don't forget to put BIG dog dishes outside your door and mark them with big dog names like Brutus, Killer, or Zeus. Also, like Lois said - the panic button on the car key fob is a good deterrant.

LOIS - I hope you get into your sewing room today. I've got a hankering for some pineapple!

TINA - sorry about all the dust. I don't think I'd be able to breathe in your dust storms. Glad Dad is feeling better. How long did your tremors last? How is Rosie doing?

LYN - you are really getting things squared away! Boat home and parked on the mowed grass, posts in, signs. And it's shed day!! Yay!! Exciting! You really know how to make things happen!

VAL - it does sound like your machine is crying for service. I should probably take mine in, too, since it hasn't had a session at the spa since October. Maybe since we have to go to Tacoma anyway, today, this would be a good day to do that. Thanks for making me think of it! I checked out the April lotto and I'll get a few blocks made soon.

JANA - I think you just got the big royal stamp of approval to go on a long FART!! Take the big car! I'll see you at Costco! I'll be in the ham aisle. We don't need much else from Costco.

CHRISS - make sure you clearly, legibly, and bigly label every single thing that Jerry is taking with him. And don't take anything that will bum you out too much if it gets lost. I worked for 2 years in a similar facility plus my dad was in one for 6 months and my brother for 1 month. Take the time to label EVERYTHING. I love the name Luke or Lucas. Richard can always make it Llucass if he's dead set on 7 letters. We have Andrew Roy, Alexander Michael, and Amara Seine in our grand collection. Michael has 7 letters. Feel free to use it if you like it. :D

SHARONA - I think you are off to Ohio today! Happy flight, safe flight! Yes, Costco sells some fun stuff. This big puzzle is fun. It's an overview of a Costco warehouse crowded with stock and shoppers. The artist who painted the picture was commissioned by Costco to paint this for the puzzle. 500 pieces and not too difficult. Last fall, our Costco was selling Costco Monopoly which we bought for my other sister. If Costco was smart (and they are!) they'd start selling Costco play sets for little kids - you know - to start them early and raise them the Costco way! :lol:

MARY Q - How can anyone not love 30's fabrics?? Makes me wonder what kinds of fabrics Katie does like. My hexie quilt that you (gave me the template 11 years ago) and Judi got me back on to, is all 30's. It's one of my favorite kind of fabrics. I know your eldrly neighbor will love her owl quilt? How much snow did you get? Is it gone yet?

JANA - Sarah must be feeling better if she's going out for a hair appt. Good to hear. I hope all your travelers have safe travels. Did Sandee take her fiver to CA or did she just drive her new car? I bet Karlie is having fun. I think we'll hit Costco today, too. Hope they have a small ham left for us.

Yesterday the only sewing I did was to bind the two pot holders I made for my younger sister's birthday. That darn jigsaw puzzle keeps dragging me in. Jigsaws do that to me. I keep thinking I must have done something else yesterday - but no, I think that's it! lol! Bill made two passes on my Scaredy Cat Christmas yesterday and will do more today. It wasn't until Val mentioned something about borders yesterday that I remembered I forgot to add the outer borders to my quilt!! Arghh!! But too late now. Sigh. Today will be the car, Costco, sewing machine to spa, and setting up my other machine. He needs to be taken out and run anyway.

For supper, I think I'll make red beans & rice with kielbasa. And as almost always, a salad on the side. I have about a pint of mostly broth left from my soup last night. I think I'll freeze it for a starter for the next pot I make.

Wishing everyone a terrific Tuesday!

mary z
>^+^<

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:32 am

Good morning everyone 🌞
Judi, we keep getting emails telling us not to forget to service our vehicle but we've only put 1300 miles on it in almost 4 months, we don't go anywhere. I hope you have less traffic.
Katy, oh my goodness that would scare me! I suggest motion lights too.
Flo, I was picturing all your plants all planted and happy too. I hope you get nice weather soon. Yay, almost done with your doily quilt, I bet it's gorgeous! How will you quilt it?
Lois, I hope you get a sewing day today.
Jana, I think Easter should be in April too, I don't understand how it goes back and forth.....it varies by up to 3 weeks.
Lyn, I'm excited for you! The April lotto block will be a happy time filler waiting for your shed delivery. Ouch, those taxes are high!
Maryz, gosh that's a lot of expense going back and forth, I'm guessing there's no other way to get there? Around-about? Rosie is doing good, her limp is better but hasn't gone away, Frankie thinks she has hip problems or it could be that the growth messed something up on the inside....but she's running around like a little puppy and gets all goofy, she's a funny little girl. I still get the tremors when I overdue it but the worst lasted over a month. It was sickening feeling.
Maryq, 30's are my top favorite, they were my very first favorite ❤️ how lucky for you that Katie doesn't like them.
Today is dropping off some donations from cleaning out some things, getting groceries and going to the PO to mail my lotto blocks, that'll be my morning. This house really needs to be cleaned and the wind is supposed to be less so maybe that'll happen.
We're having leftovers of the carne asada from Sunday since Chriss didn't make it 😉 I may make mine into a salad.
Tina

womster

Post by womster » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:33 am

Good morning!

I'm out of time - need to get to Costco (my sucker-outer broke - I can't think of its right name - seals food up for the freezer) and then stop at the credit union to get $$ for the trip. I read that the wheelchair pushers expect a $10 tip - ouch. Then the dog gets dropped off for her spa time. Then home to pack - I leave tomorrow evening. I will attempt to check back this afternoon. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

almost forgot - for dinner we're having a sheet pan thing with the rest of that cajun kielbasa and a bunch of veggies. And cheese - glorious cheese. Yum!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:40 am

Good morning. It's going to be a nice day today. We should see the mid to high 50's with rain tomorrow.

No results on Jerry's TB test yet. I'm not good at waiting. I have a text in to the person asking if there are any results yet. I'm trying not to be annoying but am wanting to move forward. Jerry asks constantly if it's time for him to go to Park Merced. He really believes that this move is one step towards him getting better.

Lyn, the property taxes here are $1,100 each year but our homeowner's insurance, because we are in a wildfire area is $5700.00 per year. We have 5.5 acres with a double wide mobile home on it and have been here since 1993. I've been trying to see if I can whittle down the monthly expenses. I see some places where I can cut costs but don't want to do anything drastic till I see what the next few months bring. Living in Cali isn't cheap but it's where my dad and kids are. Happy cabin delivery day. how fun to be you.

Tina, If I could trust Moose to keep an eye on Jerry I would be over there for that asada. Do you deliver?

I need to shower, the Hospice nurse will be here in just over an hour and I stink. Then it's breakfast and wait for the nurse. Please pray that Jerry gets everything lined up so he can move into Park Merced soon. He is so anxious to go there.

Have a groovy day,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Sew ins”