Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday March 26th

Daily discussions.
WeeOne

Re: Tuesday March 26th

Post by WeeOne » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:46 am

So the driver text and will be here between 11 - 1. Gate is open, site is ready.

MaryZ, I've been meaning to ask you about your Alaska trip. Your taking the car, which answers one of my questions. What are you doing with the Fur babies? Are they going or is someone coming to stay with them?

Dinner will be a salad with leftover oven fried chicken breast on top.
Lyn

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:11 am

Good morning Girls

Hey guess what... It's snowing AGAIN!! It all moved off yesterday afternoon and the plows came through and I had hoped it would be a nice clear day to run to town... Nope... it's snowing again! Oh well... good reason to stay and it play in the sewing room right?
And now that the April Lotto block is posted... I know exactly what I am going to sew today! I'm sure I have some fabric around here I could use!!

Judi... Hope your trip to the service shop went well. Ken sounds like my Mom---she was highly opposed to anybody having "her money" one minute before they had to! The last few years I've had to pay, but only because I took a little extra out of my IRA, and in the past I've had to make estimated taxes--which are a pain! That dang IRS will penalize if you don't plan ahead!

Katy... Boy it's a darn good thing you have Barney there are your alarm!! All good suggestions for keeping safe! Though I might consider a bigger dog :lol: :lol: Lights on a are big thing. Around here everybody's outdoor garage lights are set to come on every evening as it gets dark. I have smart plugs in my house that will turn on lights automatically that I can set with an app on my phone.

Flo..... Winter just arrived up here!! And I'm with you, I'm ready for it to go! We got spoiled with the snow-free winter and those beautiful sunny days where we could sit out on chairs on the patio! I didn't hear about the bridge collapse... I'll have to check it out. I remember when one collapsed here in Minneapolis! It was awful..

Lois.... Great idea to keep the car key fob near the bed..I just might do that too, tho I feel pretty safe here. I think that's kind of why they make that button on the newest cars.

Jana.... Easter really is Early this year!!! And did see that Thanksgiving is very late! The only reason I know that is because, I'm planning ahead for the Christmas craft fair!!

Lyn... How exciting!!! The cabin arrives today!! gosh what fun... I'm so excited for you and almost wish I could be there to help you set it up! :lol: :lol:

Maryz... Hope all went well on your drive in the dark!! You are braver than I... Which is why I never schedule anything early in the morning. For me, to be up, showered and dressed and out of the house by 0700 just ain't going to happen. When I worked, my boss always scheduled me for late shift! :lol: OH gosh, I just about spit coffee out my nose---you forgot borders? Oh well, I'm sure your sis will love it anyway!!

Tina.... I'm drowning in 30's prints!!! Viv is coming up this weekend so I'm going to send a box back with her.. It's just hard to say "no" when Katie wants to give me fabric... and she really doesn't care that I pass it on to friends. Who knows, you may get a box in the mail one of these days. :lol:

Sharon... It took me a minute to figure out what a "sucker-outer" is!!! You mean a "seal-a-meal" I had one once, but gave it away as I never used it. Tell me again, where are you flying off to?

Chriss... Waiting is the worst!!! I'm surprised it's taking them so very long to get lab results back. I thought a TB test was just something they would look at the injection site for and not a blood draw.. It's good thing Jerry is going to Park Merced with such a great attitude. Prayers continue that all will fall into place for you both. Baby names: Brennen has 7 letters! :lol:

This is the link to the story about the bridge collapse. My DDIL Sara's sister Jane lives in Baltimore, but she is ok. Since the bridge collapsed in the middle of night I suppose there were fewer cars on it, but I understand there were some construction workers there.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/video ... 0fed&ei=14

Time for me to get to work. SO many projects to try to get to today. Jen works with a group of girls at her elementary school..... "Girls on the Run" to keep them busy after school etc. So I'm stitching up key fobs for them with their names on them.. Have some done, but hope to finish today! Oh then there's the lotto blocks to do and some other fabric clean up and sort around here!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful tuesday too!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:39 am

Chriss, here TB tests take 7 days but it's the skin test thingy where if it has a bubble or not. 🙏 Sorry, I can't deliver, I would if I could though! ❤️ Why don't they name the baby after your son, he could be a Jr. 🥰 or I have 7 letter names LOL Matthew and Preston 😍
Wow, your insurance is high high, that's crazy. I guess I don't live in California for a reason and that would be a huge one.
Maryq, LOL. And those key fobs sound perfect!
Lyn, I hope it's everything you hope for.
Sharon, $10 tip, yikes.
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:50 am

I learned that the date of Easter is the first Sunday after the first full moon after the Spring equinox. When I asked Seri the answer is from Wikipedia. “Easter Sunday is the Sunday following the paschal full moon date. The paschal full moon date is the ecclesiastical full moon date on or after 21 March.”

Hope this helps everyone to understand the date of Easter.

Carol

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:17 am

The more the info is trickling out on the bridge collapse, we are learning the heroic efforts of those bridge workers. The mayday distress call went out and those workers stopped and got the traffic off the bridge the best they could. There are still heroes!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:59 am

The TB test isn't really taking that long, it just seems like it because I am waiting for the results.

The test was on Wednesday. They said between 3-5 days for the results. Their week is from Tuesday through Saturday. I'm now told that the results were sent into Hospice on Saturday but because Hospice office people work from Mon-Fri no one was able to get the results until Monday.

So, Jerry was negative, the doctor from Hospice will send the info to Park Merced. Park Merced will send someone out here to evaluate Jerry to determine the level of care he needs. I think he should be moved by the end of the week. I'm caught between being pushy and waiting.

Carol, interesting about the way Easter falls in the calendar,

I also found out that Hospice will provide a wheel chair so the one I ordered can be sent back and save me zillions of dollars.
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:28 pm

Good afternoon from a dreary, rainy, SW. Pa...Yesterday was perfect, today, no so......In looking back, yesterday was one of those days when the brain went on vacation without you...Like when you're looking for your phone while you're talking on it, kind of day..AND it's also carried over into today...I thought for sure I posted but oh no......
Really haven't done too much so far and it's late afternoon...Was trying to finish up the table runner and noticed in quilting on the white squares (of course), some of the stitches looked dirty so I was frogging....I had some ripe bananas so mixed up some squares and as soon as they are cooled enough, will take some over to my 2 neighbors....I have a meeting tonight so my sister will also be getting some....I rarely ever eat what I bake unless it's my cinnamon rolls (those I hide)....My close neighbor doesn't bake at all and comes running when she knows my oven is on, lol.....

Lyn, I think we all are as excited about your new sewing shed as you are....I look at my little room and think, aw gee, but don't think I could find room for another building...Park owners might frown, lol....We just got our property taxes and after hearing about yours, I'm not going to complain...The last election we got all new people on the board and one of the 1st things they did was to give themselves a raise...Well, we got out taxes and sure enough, taxes went up and there's even a new "debt" that needs paid....Strange!

MaryZ, I had promised you some Hawaiian fabric and I haven't forgotten, just haven't gotten to that closet yet....And now, that I know you like puzzles, I have a good one for you....I have tried to put them together but BabyGirl feels she needs to help....Just doesn't work! What a great idea about a toy Cosco store....That would be so neat......

Katy, that would be scary...I don't have that door bell but it might be a good idea for you... The gal who used to watch BabyGirl had one....I'd also watch her fur babies and she would scare the living day lights out of me...She'd wait for me to put the key in her door and then she'd say, Hi or something funny and then laugh...And, even knowing it was there, I'd jump every time...One of her delivery men almost jumped over the banister when she greeted him.....So, might not be a bad idea for you...AND, putting your key next to your bed is also a good one....I have a street light right across the street from my house so I'm well lit up.....

Lois, good thinking about the key fob...Can never be too careful.....

Chriss, Oh, how I hate to wait....It's great that Jerry is aware of what's happening and does have a say...And for him to think this move is going to help him get well, what a plus...You know what they say about positive thinking.....And as Mary said, make sure everything is marked and even then, you might find things missing...I remember going to see Jim one day and seeing another fellow wearing a very nice shirt that looked exactly like one of Jim's and guess what, it was...One of the gals said, it looked like the other gentleman had gone shopping in Jim's room...And another time, a fellow was wearing one of Jim's jackets and the jacket even had his name embroidered on the front...When they asked him to take it off he refused, he really liked that jacket so they waited until bed time....But, bless their hearts, they didn't know what they were doing.....

Well, time for me to get hopping...Banana squares are ready and I need to run and pick up my RX...Then get back and get ready for our meeting....Not thinking of dinner because we will be getting some sort of goodie at the meeting and I'll grab something when I get home.....

You all have a great rest of the day.....................

Return to “Sew ins”