Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday March 25,2024

Daily discussions.
auntjana

Re: Monday March 25,2024

Post by auntjana » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:24 am

Well, since I was here earlier, we've got a foot of frozen Spring! Boy that ground hog sure doesn't know Utah weather! It's called locally here as whiplash weather. Last week in the 70's, today over a foot of snow - with more to come! Hair was rescheduled, as I'm stuck in the house sewing, oh shucky darn! :)

gershwin64

Re: Monday March 25,2024

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:03 pm

Hi everyone!
I've been sewing since we got back home this morning from Rosie's 9am appointment to get her stitches removed. Vet said she's doing great and already has her hair growing over her incision.
I made the April lotto block and they are fun and fast.
Dad's feeling better but has no energy and he's got the tremors like I had so bad. I still have some if I over due it like when I washed our vehicle by hand and dried it all by hand in the front yard the other day, it was a beautiful no wind day.
Sometime asked about our blowing dirt and I forgot to answer yesterday. March here brings Spring winds because we warm up too fast and we're in a drought so the dirt blows, it looks like we're back in the Great Dust Bowl Era. We do have beautiful days of 65°+ and zero to maybe 5 mph winds also so it's worth it. Plus we have a farmer to the west of us that still doesn't have the land he's been clearing for 5 years planted yet. We get buckets of dirt piled on us. I love farmers! But not inconsiderate stupid ones and he is. I've called nicely and told him what is happening, Frankie's niece has tried talking to him about it but he just doesn't give a flying fig. The EPA and all kinds of people have tried to get him to do something but farmers are exempt from the clean air act that was put in during the dust bowl because of the farmers over farming and it was during a drought.... it was put in because of them and because palms were greased in government they are now exempt..... go figure huh.
Supper tonight will be kielbasa, potatoes and salad. It's Dad's night so his gets delivered.
Tina

Return to “Sew ins”