Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday March 25,2024

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Monday March 25,2024

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:59 am

Good Morning,

I'm up early so I decided to come on and open up the thread.

Yesterday I did another pineapple block I have 9 blocks done they are 10" blocks it's slow moving for me but that's ok I'm going nowhere fast
I also finished all my laundry.
Today will do the scavenger hunt when I'm done posting I will make a list so I'm not going to the store more than I need to.

It is so nice to see Everyone posting in the same spot I love it that I get some fresh ideas on dinners also to see how everyone is doing.
Now I only wish that some of the others would come back and enjoy a cup of coffee with us.

Well that's all the news from here I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Re: Monday March 25,2024

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:09 am

Morning Lois we are the early birds...I too love the morning chat with everyone. You all are my motivation. i am headed to the scavenger hunt today also and my laundry is aso done...We are twins Lois.
yesterday was a good day we went and visited my son and DDIL she is doing ok and has gotten her machine to start the therapy. She will be in phone contact with the therapist today I think. We came home and Liam and DD stopped by to get some wood cut and Liam had to pick up parts...he left behind...He did get the quad runner rebuilt and it runs...He is planning on selling it to save for and "Old" pick up truck to restore...We made pizza again for supper as Ken always wants to try new things,,,this time it was and indoor pizza steel that goes in the oven,,,results were less than I hoped but I think it was the dough...I will buy some fresh yeast today and maybe in a week or so we will try again,,,I am tired of pizza...Ken loves it and so do the kids..
I am still sewing rows together and might finish that today...I need to make 4 Ohio Star QOV blocks so if I have to wait to finish the #3 quilt so be it...Guild meeting is wednesday.
Tomorrow I will be very late checking in as i have to take my car in at 730am for service and and oil change,,,I does mean driving in the dark in rush hour here but Ken is in Ohio working and I am on my own...He leaves the house at 530 tomorrow.
Well enough complaining and busy stuff...I need some liquid motivation..Hope you all have a great day,,,,Prayers and good thought to all....XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:56 am

Good morning,

LOIS - Are you making one block at a time or do you work on several, chain piecing? It's a slow-going block, but it's kind of restful once you've got it down pat. Doing projects like this I put on my audio book and kind of get into a zen mode. You've made me pull out my QIAD pineapple book and start thinking.

JUDI - Tomorrow I'll be the one driving the car through dark and rush hour into Tacoma to be serviced. We'll be leaving it all day so Bill will be following in the pick-up. I like Ohio stars. I made 15 for my cat Christmas I just finished and then two more for large 9" pot holders for my sister's birthday. Praying this new therapy works for your DDIL. I hadn't heard of it before you mentioned it.

TINA - thanks for the recipe. You crossed out the cumin completely. You don't use it? I would have to swap parsley for the cilantro. Bill hates cilantro. And to destem parsley I pull the stems through my colander. I can do an entire bunch in seconds. Then I do a quick chop.

IRISH - I've been doing the same thing here - every few days I go through another part of my wardrobe - closet, dresser drawers, etc. So far I have 3 bags full to get rid of - one to my neighbor, one to my sister, and one to Goodwill. More to go. And yes, if you can get into the truck, you can ride with Gene. His old truck used to have just an wooden apple box for a passenger seat, but this new one (50 yrs old) has an actual bucket seat. It has no sleeper and is a snub nosed cab. Oh, and while he's not cat crazy like his sisters, he is cat tolerant. And important detail to hammer out.πŸ˜ΈπŸˆβ€β¬›

CHRISS - congratulations! It's a boy!! What fun! Now you can really plan some neat things for him. I can't wait to hear what his name is going to be. I guess Mary won't do for this baby. I'm so glad you have something bright and exciting to look forward to. Loved the photo of you and Jerry.

MARY Q - cockle doodle doo! That's the little rooster next door. Can you hear him? What's happening today? Got plans?

Bill is going to start quilting my first Scaredy Cat Christmas today. I got a jigsaw puzzle of Costco shoppers from my little sister for my birthday. I made the mistake of dumping it out on the dining room table so now it's gobbling up some of my sewing time. I love/hate jigsaw puzzles. I made 2 potholders yesterday for that sister's birthday and I plan to bind them today, make final decision on a pattern for her Christmas quilt, do some cleaning in the garage, pack away my Christmas dishes that I was going through last week, and maybe go to Costco to get a ham for Easter dinner. We are springing Susie from rehab and they are coming here. We can do wheel chairs easily in our downstairs. No steps. We'll set up a table and eat by the fire.

Our beef veggie soup last night, while never my favorite, was pretty good. And we have a gallon of it left over so that's going to be tonite's supper, too. I'll freeze what's left after that and make new food tomorrow. Excited to see what that will be! :D

Time to hop into the shower so my hair will dry by walking time. Wishing everyone a full bobbin. Prayers for Chriss & Jerry, and everyone else who can use one.

mary z
>^+^<

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:12 am

Good morning!

A bit cloudy and slightly stormy. We were snowed on most of yesterday, but I think that's moved on. Today is a trip over to get my haircut and Sarah at the same time to get her's done too. While Sarah is getting color, mine gets cut.

Today is my usual Monday uglies. I, too, have a bit of a scavenger hunt. A dangerous one to Costco. Don't know yet what's happening with Easter dinner. Matt will be driving home from their cruise to Mexico. Sandee is gone to California with Karlie in tow, so we may just wait and do a big family dinner later. When Sandee gets back from California, she'll grab Sarah and head south to Texas to see the eclipse. On their way home, they'll stop to see some of the southern National parks here in Utah. Sandee hasn't been to them, even after living here all these years.

So I'll be working on OWL later this afternoon.

Enjoy your day!
Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:36 am

Good morning Girls

Well, it's been snowing now for almost 24 hours, so you can imagine how deep it is piled up around here. Alexa says the temp is 32 right now but getting up to 38, so at least it won't last long. Needless to say I am happy that I can stay IN and that I am doubly grateful I am retired and don't have to try to go to work in this mess. (and that my kids are working from home-one less worry)

Lois... Agreed, I miss a lot of the gals that have been missing lately.. I wonder about Suzette-if her DH is doing ok, and Izzy-she must be really bizzy on the farm, and Diane, and Velda and of course, Cindyg and Sue--tho if I remember correctly, Cindy doesn't have a good working computer at home---she used to chat from her computer at work! Your Pineapple quilt is going to be a nice size.. say 40x50 or so plus a border--if you are putting one on?

Maryz.. Oh I'm up!! Lots on my to do list today! How fun it will be for Susie to be able to get out for Easter Sunday! Your lower level will be perfect for her to get around. You sure got that Cat quilt done quickly! And you have Bill ready to quilt it!? Hope your journey to Tacoma goes well tomorrow.. how far?

Judi... Are you guys getting the hang of your pizza oven? Tom and Viv got one last summer and I think we burned the first few! Your DDIL has a machine? I'll have to go back and read more about it... is it something used to help her move? Is she confined to a wheel chair or are they hoping to prevent that. In any case, I'll add her to my prayers. It will be a good day for saying extra prayers here today... the snow is falling and there's no place I need to go and as I wander around the house going from chore to chore... I'll keep her in mind.

Jana..... If your snow has moved on.... I know right where it is... out my window! My DB Tim and his wife are going to be in Utah in July...after their Daughter gets married in Colorado, they are going to drive over and check out some Nat'l parks in Utah. Not as far south as Zion tho.

Chriss... YIPEE!!! What wonderful news! A BABY BOY!!! Now I know what to keep my eyes open for! As soon as it warms up I'll check out my stash in the garage and see what I have for baby boy fabric! Now the fun part,... we can pick out names!!! I'm particularly fond of Shawn, and Kevin of course, just about any Irish name. :lol: And we can start a pool for date; weight; and name! I'll send you a picture of the external CD I bought from Amazon. The other day I ordered 5 flash drives so I could copy stuff to them and ditch the CD's.

Tina... Thanks for the recipe... I just might print that out. It might be a recipe Kris (ddil) will want to try... she loves to cook (me not so much) and bake too.

Irish... Ah yes, the good old days with little ones and piles of dirty laundry. I do kind of miss those days. But I was glad I taught my kids how to do their own laundry---when Kevin went to college, he'd come home for the weekend, but never brought his laundry--he'd already done it at school.

Speaking of laundry... probably should do a little here today too! I finished the Owl quilt and it's in the washer now, but I better drag my hamper to the laundry room and so mine dirties as well. Yesterday Katie MADE me take another whole big tote box full of fabric so I need to sort that out today. A lot of it will go to Viv. There's a TON of 30's prints so I think I'll work on getting those into organized piles! So far I think Katie has brought home about 1300 yards of fabric! Since she doesn't like the 30's... they are now all mine! And by the way, if any of you would like some... I'm happy to share!!

For now I need more coffee and it's time to crank up the music and get to work!
Wishing you all a most Marvelous Monday

womster

Post by womster » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:48 am

Good morning!

Lois – I also make a list – I dislike going to the grocery store. Really – any store. Hope you find all you need.

Judi – I think it’s great that Liam is saving money to restore the pickup. I also love pizza. I finally bought a cast-iron pizza pan so I can crank the heat up. It sure makes the crust crispy. But I would get tired of it if I had to eat it every other day. Prayers for your precious DDIL – I hope she continues to show improvements. Good luck to you driving in rush hour darkness.

Maryz – ugh – I hate those all-day appointments. I misread your post about the Ohio stars – I thought you made them for your cat. :D We love cumin and cilantro here. At least Gene is cat-tolerant! I will have go google a Costco shoppers jigsaw puzzle. We are also having a Costco ham for Easter.

Jana – have a happy haircut.

Maryq - it is wonderful to be able to stay home on ugly weather days. My goodness - I think you're able to start a fabric store about now! How fun. Do you have to shovel all that snow, or does the complex you live in take care of it?

Well we survived another blizzard. This one was pretty mild without much show – just a lot of wind. DH has already started the laundry (he’s the laundry lady here). He does all of it every Monday so yay for me. We had fry-bread tacos for dinner – really good but boy do they make a mess. I’ll use the rest of the taco meat and make black bean soup for dinner. Other than that, I’ll be getting ready for the trip to OH to meet my DGGS. As Chriss would say – it’s good to be me. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:10 am

Good morning. It's going to be a nice day today.

We are waiting on a call that says we can move Jerry to the facility. He is ready to go. He feels that he will get better there. Hope is a good thing, makes a person have a positive outlook. We slept better last night, I'm looking forward to an entire night in my own bed.

Today I will start packing things for Jerry's move. They want you to bring way more than is needed. Hospice will supply a lot of his things. My job is to supply clothing a tv and pictures or things to make his room homey. I told him to give me a little time and it will all set up for him.

O'Dorothy, I don't alter clothes either. When I was losing weight Jana told me how to take in some shirts I had so I could get more use out of them. Other than that I head to the thrift store to find my clothing. As for my ducks being lined up, I have a list of things I want to tackle but reality says one thing at a time at a slower pace.

Lois, the thing here when getting ready for grocery shopping is if it's more than three things we make a list. I like the dinner ideas too. But it seems that cooking for one or two means a lot of leftovers. When it's just me I usually have a salad or something small.

Judi, yay for DDIL starting her therapy. I so pray that it helps her a great deal. I love that Liam is learning to work on vehicles. He's quite a young man. I always get my oil changed early too. I think I would also get tired of too much pizza. Hope tonight gives you something different for dinner.

Maryz, it's so hard to make a two person pot of soup. I bet you still have close to a gallon after tonights dinner. Thanks, I am super excited to get a grandson, my head is spinning. So many things I want to make. Pinterest is the rabbit hole I go down often.

Jana, I could use some mixed nuts that they have at Costco, the ones in the orange bag please. Just drop them by on your way home.

Maryq, boy that darn Katie is pretty tough on you, forcing you to take home fabric. Shi's a tuffy. Weren't you going to do the dress quilt with the 30's fabric? El's Angels sent me a quilt when my grandma died and it's all 30's fabric. It is used daily and I love it. 30's fabric is cheerful fabric. Lucky you that Katie doesn't care for it. As much as I don't need fabric I keep thinking that I want some. But gosh, I have way too much already. These are the voices in my head. DDIL is liking the name Luke. But my son's first, middle and last name each contain 7 letters and he would like to do the same for his son. So we wait. A FQ says his name will be Luke. I did already tell my son that Amazon sells prefab tiny homes that would be perfect for me.

Sharon, frybread taco's. Do you make your own frybread? At our county fair the Indians serve them and they are called Indian taco's. Pretty much a tostada on frybread. I haven't had one in a very long time. Carbs, poison to the body (Marilyn used to say that about vegetables, poison to the body) When do you leave for Ohio? and yes, it truly is good to be you.

Dinner will be leftover meatloaf. Mine is usually in the form of a sandwich, If Jerry is up for it we will have it heated with veggies. I could chop some of it up and make a hamburger salad which is wonderful.

It's kind of interesting here. Jerry pretty much sleeps most all day, and he talks in his sleep. I try to hear what he is saying but he doesn't talk as well as he used to and mumbles. But I do try to figure it out.

I have to make him some breakfast and straighten up a few things here. You all have a marvelous day.

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:15 am

Maryq -

Just told and explained to Michael about Katie and the hoarder of fabric. Told him that you have gotten about 1300 yards of fabric. You see, he has in the past acused me of being a hoarder of fabric, I answered , I am not, then he added, that after hearing how much this hoarder had, he told me that I must be slacking! Humm, maybe I need to remedy that! LOL

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:38 am

Good morning and Happy Monday!

Just received a text reminding me this is MAD Monday day at Vacaville shop. I was going to look that up but she beat me to it. My M7 is skipping stitches. I have rethreaded, wound a whole new bobbin, changed the needle twice and it still skips. Not as bad but ......I notice if I reset the needle it stops for a bit but then starts again. So off the the spa it goes. It needs it's routine service anyway. Now I can't locate the quarter foot for my 6600 so I will go to Dixon to get one of those also. Probaby go there first.

Some chores to do and verify my day time job schedule for this week. Doesn't look like I have too many visits. Still have 7 classes to do though so can get some hours there. Would like to finish those up by the end of the month.

April lotto is posted. Easy block this time. Hope to see some happy faces join us. I appreciate those of you who have stepped up and suggested blocks. Some I never would have picked myself for fear they were too difficult. I see there are lots of brave quilters here.

Chriss so happy to hear progress is being made. I was listening to a sermon once, sure couldn't tell you the plot of the sermon but I clearly remember the minister say, "depression is the absence of Hope". I have thought about that so many times over the years and yes, he was right. That has stuck with me, we never want to lose Hope. And a Baby Boy to boot! Yeah! While I love little girls too, Boys are so much easier I think.

I would like to address everyone but I really need to get to my schedule check, you'd be surprised how quickly they add people. Really am hoping for none today though as I do have to get my machine in.

Have a great day everyone. Will try to check back later.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:41 am

Thunderstorms moved through this morning in the Hill Country. I forgot to put the rain gauge out after we got here, so don't know the amount.

We made it to the Texas house with boat, without a problem. As soon as I pulled in, we heard the neighbor in his back yard and opened the 2 gates, ours metal and his wood, to say hello. He told us we were to have thunderstorms overnight. Well the grass needed mowing where I wanted to park the boat, so I hurried and changed into my work boots and jeans and hopped on the riding lawnmower and got it done. Then I backed the boat into a corner of the backyard with Garry's help directing me. Went to our favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner. I like their Quesadilla.

Chriss, how exciting to know it's a boy. My DD1 had surprises, so I couldn't sew specific. Are you marking all of Jerry's clothes with his name? I remember we had to do that for Mom.

Tina, This boat is a Ranger center console with T Top. It's a very shallow boat made for fishing in bays, like the Gulf has. Most of our fishing was in less than 5 feet of water. We haven't used it in a couple years and I can't justify paying storage anymore. It really needs to be sold but Garry never wants to get rid of anything. We can probably use it on the lake here, which is a couple blocks away, but the sides are low and I'm concerned about Garry falling overboard. Our boat we keep in Canada has high sides and would be better on LBJ Lake here, but as long as we go to Canada, it will stay up there.

I'm moving slow this morning. I need to go to our friends house and get a thing that helps put T Posts in. I have 4 posts I need to put up and get No Trespassing signs up on them. The Eclipse is a huge thing here.

Hope y'all have a great day.
Lyn

Return to β€œSew ins”