Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday, March 24th

Daily discussions.
WeeOne

Sunday, March 24th

Post by WeeOne » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:26 am

Rise and Shine. May God bless your day!

We'll be On the Road Again, but only in the Jeep. Heading to the Texas house with boat in tow.

Washing machine drain was clear. I'm going to have to research the web and hope I find a reset or something.
Lyn

grammiequilts

Re: Sunday, March 24th

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:09 am

Good morning Lyn Another busy for you. I have re sheeted the bed had breakfast and have laundry going. That is pretty much all I have planned for today...I will do the laundry and finish the last 2 rows on the #3 quilt...
it needs to be assembled and borders put on...then I need to make 4 QOV blocks by wednesday..for the guild meeting...
Yesterday i was gouing to sew and I started looking for stuff in the sewing closet...and my ADD kicked in I ended up with 3 trash bags and 3 empty bins.....much of this was scraps and odds and ends and patterns I will never make...I had Liam take them all out to the can so I wouldnt change my mind. I just cannot keep all this stuff,,,I cut out patterns and i know at the time I thought they were "it" but now i see that they wont get done..some I dont even like anymore...A few good patterns that I have already made will get taken next week to the guild give and take table. And I will take a few magazines there too..I have original copies of the Fons and Porter magazine when it was "Sew Many Quilts" magazine. I dont know what to do with them...anyone?
I still have piles of patterns and notebooks to go through...I also have a box of embroidery stuff,,,perhaps I can get my embroidery machine out this year and see if any of these patterns still work and if I really need them some are 10 yrs old and Im not even sure the old laptop I have with them still works..this lap top was specifically to use with my outdated embroidery machine,,,the newer difital oatterns dont load on to this machine anymore or at least I dont know how. THings outdate so quickly anymore and I am not computer wise...
Well that is my plan and Im sticking to it...maybe,
Maryz i hope you had a nice Birthday and a chat with little Amara.
Chris i loved the picture you posted of you and Jerry,,,
Becca Sorry I missed your Birthday hope it was super.
Maryq its hard to believe all the fabric you are getting your garage must be quite full by now and what will you do with it???I am purging and donating a lot of my fabric and keeping very little...I should sneak into your garage and add my stuff and you will never know! I once made 27 pillow cases to get rid of fabric,,I think I sent them to Anne for the womens shelter...
Irish I am happy to see you back with us,,,you are as busy as Lyn traveling and running about...
Val Ken and I talk about a trip across the country,,,perhaps all the way to Californina we dont know...He is so busy with his jobs...Im not sure we will get thtere,,,but we love road trips...Im not one for much flying,,,and I DO NOT do boats at all.
Well I hear the washer chrping that it is ready for the next load..hope you all have a great day...XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:25 am

Good morning,

Yesterday we had rain all day until want to say dinner time didn't think it was ever going to stop .
Today I will be sharing the laundry room with Judi I have about 2 loads to do I swear I don't know where it all comes from.

Then I will continue to make my pineapple ๐Ÿ blocks.
For dinner I will put an eye round roast in the oven.

Lyn be safe on the road.
Judi enjoy your day.

Prayers go out to all.
Lois

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:00 am

Good morning everyone ๐ŸŒž
Lyn, safe travels. Do you have a place in Texas that you put your boat in the water?
Judi, 27 pillow cases is a bunch of fabric, it would probably wipe my stash out completely LOL. I did the laundry yesterday, it seems to be laundry day too fast around here. I need to go through patterns one day too, it's gonna be a huge job because Dad gave me all Mom's when she passed.
Lois, oh goodness I sure could use that much rain here! We're getting a tiny shower right now but it won't be enough to settle the dirt that will blow today, we're supposed to have 32mph sustained winds with 60mph gusts all day. .....the dirt will be brown outs and they will probably have to close I-10. I don't know where the laundry comes from either......the never ending job.
I need to dust and mop but it would be pointless in this weather so I'm hoping we keep power so I can sew.
I need to check my freezer to see if I have what I need for carne asada tacos for supper and I'll make guacamole to go with.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:01 am

Good morning !

Well, my beautiful spring days went poof and we got snow, with a good thunder and lightning show last night. At least the roads are clear.

We'll head off to church in a little while and stay for Sarah's Ward too. I'm the chorister for our Ward and Ethan is giving a talk today in their Ward. That Ward starts after ours. We share the same building.

I finished all the embellishments and they are now hand work for my Kimberbell Halloween quilt. Plus sewing on a bunch of decorative buttons. After church, it's OWL time!

I too have from the beginning all the Fons and Porter magazines. I even bought the CD with all the issues cataloged on it so I could get rid of the paper copies. Well, the operating systems changed on computers and that CD is now totally useless as it can't be read! I stopped that magazine a couple of years ago, as I found nothing I wanted to make. The only one I get now is Block, from Missouri Star. I too have too many patterns - four file drawers of just apparel patterns, not counting all the craft patterns or all my tole painting books. We won't even get to the quilt patterns! Two very full bookcases of those. At least my embroidery patterns are on the computer, just their threads are taking up space on a thread rack on the wall. And two carriers too. Oh I should purge, but wait, I might need all of them! LOL!

Daniel is a very happy camper! While he lived here with us, his blue jeep, named Teapot developed a head gasket problem. He worked on fixing it, as Teapot was his commute car. He couldn't find, after he fixed it why it hard a huge water leak, so he parked Teapot and bought his new red jeep. He finally got a chance to look at Teapot again and found his problem. It was a simple wrong size screw! So Teapot will be up and running again as his commute vehicle. Everything worked fine, just needed this bigger size screw. Someone made the hole size slightly larger, which happens in rebuilding engines. Daniel and Karlie name all their vehicles. Mostly after the Cars movies characters. The red jeep is after the firetruck in the movie and will have a personalized license plate one of these days. Teapot got its name as it made a whistling sound when Daniel first bought it. It was from someone else, who tinkered with the engine too.

Just a quiet Sunday here,
Enjoy the day!
Hugs,
Jana

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:40 am

Happy Sunday

Having a bit of breakfast and avocado toast. Not a bunch planned for today. I did get all the components of my next quilt put together and arranged on the design wall. Now just have to sew them together. It's not a huge quilt so hoping it won't take long. Got one more strand of thread on my blue quilt binding. STill have my charts to do, and may go get a few groceries. Looks like small chance of rain but that is all for today. Bigger chance on Wednesday.

Lyn safe travels. How long will you be at the Texas house?

Judi I need to resheet the bed too but that will likely wait until tomorrow. My emboidery machine is outdated also. I haven't tried it in years. Thought I would love it but that novelty wore off quickly.

Lois I have been trying to think of something for dinner but nothing really sounds good. I ran into IBS symptoms again yesterday. Better today but know I need to keep the diet safe. Maybe just some baked chicken and a salad.

Tina that's a lot of wind. My DBIL in Las Vegas has the same issue. Things get to blowing out there in the desert and so much for dusting.

Jana glad Daniel found the problem was simple. Too bad it was after he paid for a new car! Isn't that the way it goes. I think Teapot is a wonderful name for a car. My Mom used to name hers but I never have.

Irish it's been nice to see you back lately. Surely wishing some of the others would return. I love your "old ladies lane".

Chriss I didn't get that bag cleaned out. Now that the sun is out I will go get it out of the car and take care of that. Yes, my trunk if full of stuff and I am trying to downsize. Hard to go grocery shopping when there is no where to put the bags! If the rain stays away, I will clean up a bit in the trunk too.

Well work is on the phone so gotta go. Have a great day.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 am

Good morning Girls

Today should prove to be a very interesting day!!! It's cloudy now and quiet .. But soon the snow will start and estimates range from 3" to 12". We may get something in between. All I know is, I have plenty of coffee, plenty of TP and plenty of fabric and thread! SO I'm set!
If I could find the missing ink cartridge for my printer I'd be totally happy! :lol: :lol:

Lyn... Oh OH.. A glitch with the washing machine? That's not good. I'm assuming the one at the MH? How is your she shed coming? Will they get it all wired etc before you head north?

Judi... OMG You have ADD too!!! Feels good to get something cleaned up and out tho right? I have NO idea what I am going to do with all this fabric Katie is giving me!! My garage is very full! Viv is coming up next weekend, and not that she needs any fabric either, but I will send some home with her for sure. She can share with her quilt group. This morning I have to go over for the next round--which contains lots of 30's prints. Think what I might do is cut a lot of it into 10" squares and make up batches of layer cake pieces.. and maybe charm pack size pieces--as I have several patterns that use pre cuts! Pillowcase? You want pillowcases? I have one full tote box of the parts already to sew!

Lois.. Years ago, when I was doing laundry for 5 people... I thought "In my next life, I'm either going to have fewer kids or have 2 washers and dryers" Seemed like I was always doing laundry, tho when the kids were tall enough to do reach the buttons on the washer, they did their own. I should have taught DEX too, as he was clueless! :lol: :lol:

Tina... Are Carne Asada taco's made with pork? When I make tacos for myself, it's just hamburger, but when I go to Chipotle I get chicken. I hear Fish tacos are good, but they just sound funny to me!

Jana.... I had to laugh.... sorry... when you mentioned CD's and computers!! I spent most of yesterday afternoon sorting out old CD's and trying to determine what was on them... and of course, found one that I had saved all sorts of quilts patterns. Only problem is.. my newest computer does not have a CD drive! I bought an external one, just to figure out what's what and put important stuff on flash drives. I even have CD's of the wedding pictures of my youngest son in 2007 and my DD in 2010! OH and SEVERAL cd's of over 200 photo's of my Dad's flowers (ok my dad passed in 2002 and I'm still keeping them) All this started out because I was trying to find Katie some blanks or useless ones because she makes playing-card holders out of them.

Maryz... It's 7:30 PDT... And you're not here? Hope you are ok! It's so rare I get here before you do!!! Did you have a nice day in your sewing room yesterday?

Chriss... Whatever your day brings you today.... remember... you are loved!

So the buzz around here is the weather of course, and as I look out my window I can see it starting to snow. I ordered a couple things from Amazon yesterday that are due to be delivered today... I hope the roads stay clear for a while. But whilst I wait I'll keep busy with a couple other projects, like maybe working on the wedding quilt. I do have to run next door to grab some fabric pieces.. Katie also watches for big pieces that I can use for backing--she's so helpful. She's quite a talker, so it's easier for me to escape if I go to her house rather than she come over here! :lol: :lol:

Time to warm up the coffee and get to work!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:02 am

Good morning, Lyn and everyone else,

Thank you for all the wonderful birthday wishes yesterday! You guys are all the greatest friends! So happy to have you in my life. Your friendships are my REAL birthday gift! But Bill also gave me a thoughtful gift - a Sew-EZ table for sewing in the trailer. Then we spent a while in the trailer yesterday "relocating" our rectangle-shaped table/chairs. He unbolted it from the floor, turned it the other direction, and bumped it up into the slide and rebolted it to the floor. Now it's more like a breakfast bar. We never use the table for much anyway except sewing and it's a back-killer for that. Now, our trailer looks more open and there's room for the sew-EZ table. Win/win! Now I can't wait to go camping again!

LYN - safe travels today! You have an exciting few weeks ahead of you. I hope your washer problems turn out to be no big thang.

TINA - Sorry Dad is still so sick with Covid on top of his cancer. Maybe today is hump day for him and he'll start improving. Has he been to the dr for his Covid? If not, maybe it's time he should, given his underlying health problems. Your yard will be so pretty when everything blooms. I remember the days of dragging hoses and sprinklers around our yard. When Bill retired I assigned the watering job to him. He didn't want to do it so he ran hoses and sprinklers all over the yard and set timers so the sprinklers would go off at 3, 4, and 5am a few days a week. I hope you get more than a sprinkle today so you dont' have to water again. Carne asada tacos. That sounds good.

Awww, SHARONA - you're so sweet!! Are you packing today for your trip? How is your son doing? Is he married? BTW, read your texts!

IRISH - Well, my DB is a cutie and a sweetie and a smartie, even at 89. He's funny, smokes like a fiend (rolls his own), attends Mass every morning, drives long haul truck (a 50-yr-old Freightliner named "Snort"), cooks (after a fashion), splits his own firewood (10 cords a year). drinks one screwdriver every evening, and combs his hair almost every day. His late wife used to call him a leprechaun. It suits him. His eyes are always twinkling. But you'd have to move to North Pole, AK. Our grandpa went to some trouble to relocate to WA from PA 1902, and then Gene made his move from WA to AK in 1973. You gotta be tough to hang with him. But you just might be up for the job! I''m excited for your travel plans! Tell Kathy next cruise she should talk you into is an Alaska cruise! Did you win at Bingo? Did JoAnn?

CHRISS - haha Don't feel bad about Lois's subtle funny. It took me til the next day to get it, too. She was clever! April 13th is a lucky day. Jerry got you, Frankie got Tina, and it's the day our friend, Betsy, got her new lungs. Friday 13th to be even more exact. She got 10-1/2 more years from those lungs. Sorry Jerry is so hard of hearing. You will be, too, before long at those decibles! A WC will be a good thing. I hope they bring one that fits him. There are different sizes and models. Some are very cumbersome but some are lightweight and fold up small. I am hoping when he transfers to the facility that Hospice is transporting him. If I remember correctly, you have a few stairs into your house, don't you? Hard to imagine you trying to maneuver him down those stairs and into the car.

JANA - now that you mention it, I remember that Sandee and I share a birthday! Along with Mary Q's granddaughter. Next year we should have a nation-wide birthday party! How is Stars coming along? Do you hand bind or machine bind? How is Sarah doing? I pray she's feeling better.

MARY Q - I'm here! Just had a sleepless night and ended up sleeping in until almost 6. I'm behind now!
Did you get a little piece of Evie's cake yesterday? No cake here, but there was ice cream. And since you insisted, a glass of very nice wine. Actually, two - one for me and one for you. I'm just that good a friend. :D It was probably a good decision to bag the craft fair given your weather. My phone weather app says your snow is forecast to start this morning and continue for about 24 hours. Sounds like quilting weather to me! Yes, there are still quilting cruises. I see them advertised in quilting magazines. That would probably be the only way to get me on a cruise. I'd be inside a big room, sewing and might forget I was in a boat. On water! I don't do boats or big water. And yes, I agreed to take the ferry to Alaska in August - a 3-day sail. But up the inside passage so it has the illusion of survive-a-bility if necessary. And it meant we didn't have to fly, which I don't care for either. I love 30's fabrics! Have to say though, I hate to see you cut it up into anything until you know what you want to use it for. I don't like precuts. They are so limiting. I never use them beause I always need yardage for 99% of my projects.

LOIS - glad you found a small turkey. We always just buy a turkey breast since no one in my family cares for the dark meat. What else are you serving? I hadn't thought about Easter dinner. Our grandsons are coming for breakfast on Sat so my mind has been on what to serve them. I think blintzes, bacon, and fruit. Alec will bring the fruit and Drew always brings OJ and champagne. Guess I should think about dinner for the next day, too. Even though it will be just us. Maybe you and your Bill should come join me and my Bill and we'll make it a foursome! If you're back to your pineapple blocks you must have rec'd your fabric! How big are your blocks? How big will your quilt be?

VAL - that was such a sweet birthday graphic! Thank you! And yes, my birthday went just as you described - fabric, thread, machine, and NO JACK! Yes, you can refreeze meat though it does decrease the quality. But I think Chriss meant that she refroze meat after she cooked it. I do that, too. I was only reading the announcement put out by the palace a few days ago that KC has pancreatic ca. I, too, was thinking it would be ca of the urinary tract but maybe they found it on a scan. Glad you found your papers. I was hoping you'd find your SN binding, too. Is it possible you accidentally used it in another project? I've done that.

JUDI - did you go tool box shopping? I had to laugh when I went to my dentist - in his treatment room he has a couple of those tool carts for all his dental tools! You really cleaned up yesterday! I thought you did a serious purge job last summer. Find any good Christmas quilt patterns? I'm on the hunt. I wonder if you could find panels for your 3 little ones for Christmas? Are the quilts to be Christmas themed or just quilts for Christmas gifts? Chicke made Hungry Hungry Caterpillar quilts for several of the 9 little ones born into her family in the last 4 years. They turned out really cute. She incuded the book with the quilts. And that little Ghost who was a quilt is a sweet idea. With regular fabrics, I Spy fabrics, or Christmas fabrics! And it goes quickly.

Yesterday I finished my first Scaredy Cat Christmas and found appropriate fabric for backing and got it together. It's all ready for quilting and I have it draped over the quilting frame now, waiting . . . My POTD today will be small - my younger sis, Teese, is remodeling her kitchen. I want to make her pot holders to match her color scheme. Her birthday is April 30. Then I will get busy on her Christmas quilt - still considering different patterns. I took out some hamburger to thaw for tonite. Not sure what I'll do with it yet but I'm thinking of veggie beef soup with it. A friend stopped by with a loaf of homemade sourdough bread last night (so delicious!) and I think the rest of that would go great with soup.

What is everyone doing this Palm Sunday?

mary z
>^+^<

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:16 am

Maryz I have been wondering if I used it elsewhere. If I did, I don't remember where.

Got the car and my bag straighten out. Dirty bag in the wash. Now resting the back a bit and will start my charting. Oh I yearn for the days when nursing was nursing and not paper work!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:19 am

VAL, go back thru photos and double check all your pictures! Don't forget lottos and swaps. Maybe you'll spot your fabric. Trying to help. I spent 20 min yesterday trying to help Mary Q find her printer ink cartridge. lol!

Return to โ€œSew insโ€