Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SATURDAY, March 23rd

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

SATURDAY, March 23rd

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:52 am

Good morning,

IRISH - Hooray! You're here again! Congratulations on another great-grand baby! Lots of babies in your life - it's fun and refreshing! So you have wedding quilts to make, baby quilts to make, and fun to have. And lots of travel. So happy to hear you are feeling better. And hopefully that wonder drug you are on keeps doing its wonder work! Are you flying to Puerto Rico to meet Kathy & Tim? We know two couples who have been there recently and said it was so beautiful there and had a terrific time. I know you will enjoy that. And I was wondering if our eagles might lay more eggs. Fingers crossed and prayers to St. Anthony.

VAL - as usual, you have your fire full of irons! And new quilting projects. Did you finish the blue quilt? Binding on Starry Night? And did you find those papers of your dad's that you lost. Did you take them to work on in Reno?

CHRISS - I wonder if low lighting and maybe even soft music would help Jerry to relax and sleep. Maybe you, too! I'm glad you asked your friend for a few hours of her time. People love you guys and feel helpless. They want to do something. You gave her the opportunity to help. And I'm sure she felt complimented that you trusted her enough to ask. 💗 How long have you and Jerry been married? I'm going to take a wild guess and say 23 years. Am I close?

MARY Q - got snow? How was the craft show yesterday? You were concerned it might be not worth going because of weather. How was your condo officers meeting? Make any decisions? Pat that table for me. :lol: How big is it, anyway? Will you get to sew today or are you going back to the craft show?

JANA - Glad Stu was able to help you. Didn't you say he was going to electricians school? How is that going? Is Molly still in the picture? So sorry to hear Sarah has pneumonia. I hope she's feeling better soon. Didn't Andrew have it last month? How is he doing? Pneumonia can be contagious. Do you know if Sarah's is bacterial or viral? Everything is budded here. Violets, daffodils, forsythia are all in bloom and the rhodies are starting to pop. I love spring.

TINA B - good and encouraging words for Chriss yesterday. How are you two doing? Did you have your surgery yet? When you do, will you be "walk-able"?

JUDI - how goes things in your world?

SHARONA - How big is your new deck? Hope you get some deck weather soon so you can enjoy it. You are leaving Tueday for Ohio? I've never put kielbasa in potato soup though it sounds pretty good. I use it all the time for split pea soup because we rarely have ham handy.

LOIS - I just got it! Rain cancelled your dinner plans so you asked for a rain check! :lol: Our friends, Doyal & Susie also celebrated their anniversary yesterday. 49, I believe. He checked her out of rehab for the evening and took her to a nice restaurant for supper. It wasn't raining here. :D

I got quite a lot of sewing time yesterday and I intend to hunker in my room again today. I have Scaredy Cat almost together. I realized both sisters' Christmas quilts finished by end of July. That's when my older sis arrives for our Alaska trip. I want to send both Christmas quilts back to CO with her when they go home in Sept. They will be early Christmas gifts for them. Ideally, they will be opened Thanksgiving evening for couch display through the holidays.

We went out to dinner last night and we happened to get the best table in the house! A corner table flanked on two sides by floor to ceiling windows looking out on the waterfront. We watched seagulls swooping, ducks dunking, and boats boating. And food was excellent. And home and in jammies by 7pm. My kind of evening! :lol: Plus now we have leftovers for tonight as the suppers were very generous.

Wishing you all a beautiful Saturday.

mary z
>^+^<

WeSignificant

Re: SATURDAY, March 23rd

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:12 am

Good morning ladies, Happy Saturday! Just one patient to see today and some charting to do. I started cutting my first block for my Windson BOM. Resting the back a bit and coming to say hello.

Irish I have been considering a cruise myself. Would like to take the Alaska Cruise, but also would like a European cruise including Scotland, Ireland, Wales, England. Still a bit concerned though with cruise ships and diseases. Used to love to fly to but with all the issues lately I don’t know? Guess I am a bit of a scaredy cat. A trip across the great USA would be good too. My DH has seen very little of it.

Maryz I am not sure that the pancreatic cancer diagnosis with KC3 is accurate. It is not something that would be found during a routine prostate surgery. Unless of course they did some sort of abdominal scan. I am thinking more likely something in the urinary tract like bladder cancer. It saddens me to think of them both having cancer. Oh my, poor William. And to have to deal with the press as you said and his wayward brother. Yes I found the papers, they have been completed and mailed. Still working on binding and just can't locate the binding fabric for the Starry night. Going to have to get something else most likely.

Chriss I keep thinking about tomato plants and haven’t gotten that far yet. Maybe today I can pick some up. I did look at Walmart the other day and they have few plants and no veggies at all. Phasing them out maybe? There is a nice nursery just down the road so maybe I will stop in on my way home. You refreeze meat? I was always taught not to do that. Chicken pot pie is one of my fav’s too.

Maryq snow! I am actually thinking my daughter could have some too. I should check with her. Haven’t gotten a DGG report lately. Hoping the craft fair was a huge success. I don’t see many around here.

Jana we have lots of budding trees here and it is having a huge effect on my sinuses. While they are gorgeous in full bloom, my nose does not like them. This year seems particularly bad. Don’t see any bees yet though. And no lady bugs.

Lois Happy belated Anniversary. Good idea to stay home out of the weather. And home cooked food is so much better.

Judi did you get snow? How much?

Sharona so sorry to hear about your son. It happens more than people think, they feel better, symptoms gone so they stop taking their meds. We can’t request what God does or does not give us to deal with. And take it from experience, dealing with mental health diseases is not easy. I will add you and him to my prayer list.

Not much else new here. Should get back to my cutting. Hope you all have a wonderful day and get to fondle some fabric.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:16 am

Good morning!

Awake early as Michael was fussing about how he felt. All the numbers were normal, so he's OK, even if he is still fussing. He is hyper sensitive about anything health related.

Stu had a interview with a employer panel with this new program. I haven't heard how it went. That was Thursday afternoon. It went either really good or really bad as Stu said. There were just 6 questions they asked, he answered and the interview lasted 6 minutes. So we wait. Molly is no longer in the picture. Stu broke up with her. Too much baggage and issues that were red flags. I'm glad! I saw those when we met her, but kept that to me. So he's still available.

Today is a rainy day here, so I be playing in the Batt Cave for most of the day. Need to see what hymns are for tomorrow, it's my turn. Sarah is doing better. Aaron's new house plans passed the city building inspector. The house building company says ground should be broken late next week. Since Aaron is friends with most in city hall, they let him know the approval first, before the builder. Nice to have connections. New home should be finished in about 4 months. Matt made it to SoCal late last night safely.

Lots of prayers and hugs,
Jana

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:21 am

I had a post and it went caddy-whompus..So I am redoing it. Good morning Mary and all.
We had a busy day yesterday,,,I ran a few errands and started supper. Liam came over his first of many visits...He had to fix a tail light on the car and wanted to work ing the shop with PA. He sayed for supper (Always fun) and they got done what he needed to do. Liam was welding and Ken was supervising. Liam has promised to get the shop organized and Ken wants to get a new tool box since half his stuff is every where, I am okay with all of that,,,If the shop is cleaned and organized Ken will get things done. Win Win.
I did more sewing on the #3 quilt. I will do more today unless Ken wants to go tool box shopping. They are pretty expensive and He wont buy with out my input. ( i really dont care what he buys but it makes him feel better if I say fine) We have always made big purchases together, including sewing machines,,,( no Im not getting another one either)
After I get this top together I will pause and make 4 more QOV blocks as we need them. Our QOV person who puts the tops together,,is side lined taking care of his sick wife..so someone else might have to out the top together, Not me I do the quilting, I cant take on any more...I have been told that the 3 great grandchildren might want Christmas quilts too..but they might have to wait unless i can come up with 3 kid ideas...Ill have to ask my grand daughter s what their kids are into....River Lynn was into the Grinch but I dont know if that has changed,
I am off to see what tody will bring, hope you are all doing well...prayers and good thought all around XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

by the way the snow fizzled out to nothingness it was a sprinkle and a miss. North got some but we are cold and sunny and bitght there is a dusting on the roofs but that is it...."THEY" were wrong again,,,,,

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:27 am

OMG I almost forgot! Well actually I did forget for a moment or two,

Happy Birthday MaryZ Hope your day is filled with fabric, thread, scissors, machine. No jack the ripper though!

https://i.postimg.cc/xj46W6Ss/happy-birthday.jpg
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:48 am

Good morning,

I'm all dressed and have the dishwasher doing its thing and the washer is also doing its thing.
Yesterday we went to a shoprite one town over from us and managed to get a small turkey for Easter Bill didn't feel like his traditional ham dinner so will have turkey instead I was so happy to find 1 the shoprite by the house only had 20 and 22 lb turkeys.
Well I'm going into my room it will be a perfect day for it it is raining and it's not suppose to stop till around 7 tonight.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARY I HOPE YOUR DAY IS WONDERFUL.
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY BECCA
Well thats all the news from here I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:12 am

Clear blue sunny sky this morning.

MaryZ, rumor has it that it's your birthday.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ❣️

Judi, I read your post that was right after MaryZ. Then you posted again and I almost thought I had imagined the first post. Hope Ken finds the perfect tool box.

Becca, belated Happy Birthday ❣️ Hope you are enjoying kids and grands.

Valerie, Hope you find the binding for Starry Night.

Jana, I'm hoping Stu's answers were the right ones.

Someone asked if Amanda and Maddox were going to our house. We'll pick them up at the Austin Airport, on the 2nd, and drive to the coast for 2 or 3 days. Then we'll go up to the house and watch the Eclipse. They fly out of Austin on the 11th.

Yesterday I took the boat to the shop and Mac prepped it for travel. This man has taken care of this boat since we bought it new in 2008. He's become a good friend. Boat is now sitting next to the MH, ready to be hauled up to the house tomorrow.
Yesterday's weather was nice and though a little breezy it offset the 85° temp. We got together with 2 other couples, great friends, and had a..... MARYZ COVER YOUR EARS AND EYES FOR NEXT WORDS :lol:....Fish fry. On the not great side, my washing machine isn't going into high spin. I had a load of T Shirts that I had to ring out one by one and only put a few in dryer at a time. I have to check a drain vent. Just what I didn't need on my list today.

I'm packing and a little cleaning today, also have to pick up mail. We'll head to the Texas house tomorrow.

Hope your day goes well.
Lyn

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:28 am

Good morning Girls

First of All. A BIG HUGE HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MARYZ!!! Wishing you all sorts of fun today and may it include cake and ice cream and hugs and kisses and a nice glass of wine!

You'd never know we are expecting a snow storm. We are under a weather watch here starting late tonight. It could miss us a little bit I think we're in for a few inches of snow. It's beautiful here this morning, but really really cold!

Maryz.... We decided to abandon the craft fair. While the weather is nice today, we worried about getting to venue tomorrow to pick up our stuff. The craft fair was only going to run to two days, so we were thinking the odds of really doing well, considering the weather, were pretty slim. It was going to be like the Christmas craft fair we did---where we don't have to be there, it's all managed by staff. SO I was able to get my stuff packed up and put away in the garage. When Katie and I have a garage sale this summer we area going to have an area for NEW crafts, a kind of mini-craft fair . The table is like a dining room table size. I'm kind of hoping I can fix it up--maybe I'll paint it. No place in the house to keep it though. It could be handy for the garage sale. I hadn't heard that the King has pancreatic cancer, yikes.. I'm not his biggest fan by any means (I think he's a jerk) but I sure wouldn't wish that for him or his family.

Valerie...Where does your daughter live? My heart goes out to Princess Catherine... poor thing, to not only deal with the disease itself but all the press hounding the family etc. Wish everyone would just leave them alone, but then pictures sell newspapers I guess. Hey wouldn't it be fun if a bunch of us could get together on an Alaska cruise, tho it might be better to leave spouses at home---they wouldn't get a word in edgewise!! I wonder if they still have the quilting cruises!

Jana... Sounds like your Stu is a smart young man. Don't you just kind of breathe a sigh of relief when one of your kids/grands makes a wise decision all on their own without your interference! Even as a grandma it's sometimes hard to bite your tongue!

Judi... I'm kind of hope "they" are wrong again here, but then I have plenty of coffee, TP and fabric and thread so I'm good if we do get a nasty snow storm. Does Ken want one of this big tool boxes like at Home Depot? The big red ones? Oh my gosh I would so love one too, not that I have that many tools, but wouldn't all those drawers be so much fun!!

Lois... Have you ever bought just a turkey breast? I grabbed one the last time I got groceries and might cook that up one of these days. I know why they are so darn much more $$$ than a regular turkey! But for just lil ole me, it's a perfect size!

Chriss... I can't imagine how difficult these days are for you. I wish I could be there, I would sit with Jerry and hold your hand and I'd even scrub your floors and toilets for you! But keep in mind, I don't cook! :lol: You are doing the most NON selfish thing you can do---you are putting Jerry's needs first. I think as women we sometimes think we need to be the "everything for everybody". And it's just not true.

Lyn... when is the Eclipse supposed to hit down there? I wonder if we will see much of it up here. I'll have to google it! Won't it be fun to have Amanda and Maddox there with you! Have they ever been to your Texas home?

Yesterday I did manage to get the owl quilt- quilted. Today I will get the binding on it. Katie brought home another load of fabric from her "hoarder" so she will have some to share with me. She doesn't like the 30's prints and I love them so I'm accumulating quite a stash.

For now I need more coffee and a little rockin' music to get my day going. A little shine up is needed around here, but I vac'd yesterday so it looks presentable. Today is my Evie's birthday too... She turns 17 today...Last I heard she had no big plans for a party, but I'm hoping there will be cake later today! :lol: I got her a book for her collection--she's wanting a "beauty & the beast" library and she's well on her way!

Wishing you all a most wonderful Saturday.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:37 am

Happy birthday🎂 Maryz! Hope you enjoy a fabulous day.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:39 am

Oh my, how forgetful I am! Shame on me!

Happy Birthday Maryz! Have a very wonderful day filled to the brim with fun!

It's also my Sandee's birthday. Lots of people share today.

Return to “Sew ins”