Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SATURDAY, March 23rd

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Re: SATURDAY, March 23rd

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:40 am

Mary Q I use to get the hotel turkey breasy with the wings but around here they don't sell them anymore.

Lois

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:38 am

Good morning. It's going to be a soggy day today. It rained last night and the as the sun comes up it makes the grass glisten like it has diamonds all over. Such a pretty day.

I have one load in the wash and another one coming in behind it. I ordered Jerry a wheel chair because his legs don't hold him up for long using his walker. A wheel chair will be helpful while he's at the facility.

Valerie, I laughed when you said you were cleaning out the nursing bag. Our Hospice people always come with a trunk full and have big bags full of stuff. what jelly roll pattern are you doing? Hope you find your tomato plants. I think it will be all I am going to plant this year. I have 4 in the garden and would like to get a couple cherry tomato plants. Yep, I freeze meat. I buy a big pack of hamburger at Costco and freeze it in smaller portions. I do the same with chicken. We don't eat much else.

Maryz, I also wish I would quit hearing the stories of the royal family and of politicians here. Seems the news is less and less about the news. I didn't even realize that Lois had made a funny until you explained it. Glad dinner out was a fun event, and yes, jammies before 7 is a wonderful thing. Sounds like a perfect birthday. PS. Happy birthday my friend. Jerry can't hear soft music. He is watching the news now and has the volume turned up to 76 and sometimes it goes up higher. Jerry and I got married April 13, 2002.

O'Dorothy, I didn't think your post was morbid. Death is one of those things that doesn't have a timeline or a recipe. There are no set in stone ways it can happen. We live by calendars and clocks and are used to knowing that things happen according to a timeline. But not death. I've asked Jerry many times if this is what he wants, to move into a facility and he does. Mainly for the round the clock medical care. But I still feel a bit guilty.

Jana, sounds like Stu had an interesting interview. Guess they've honed down the process and either it only took 6 minutes to be thrilled or 6 minutes to not be thrilled. Hope he hears the former soon rather than the later.

Judi, cleaning the shop with PA sounds like a fun thing. Sure wish my grandpa was still alive so that I could hang out with him again. I was his favorite.

Lois, glad you found a small turkey. 20 pounds makes a lot of leftovers. You can only make those leftover turkey dishes so many ways before you want a steak.

Lyn, a fish fry sounds wonderful. Wish I was there. Glad the kids will be there for the eclipse.

Maryq, I wouldn't mind going with you and Valerie on an Alaskan cruise. Sounds like a fun get away.

I have one load ready to hang up, one load almost ready for the dryer, and need to shower and have breakfast. I used to make these huge salads and call them brunch. But now I make a much smaller salad and call it brunch. Seems I don't need to stuff so much in as I thought to be full.

Hope you girls have a great day, my plan is to sew some

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:47 am

Good afternoon from a semi dreary, chilly, SW. Pa....BUT, no snow in the forecast.....

MaryZ, A very, very Happy Birthday! I'm sure your day will be super busy but hopefully, you have time to have some cake...The other day when you were talking about your DB in Alaska and how old he is and ALL that traveling and what he does, got me thinking....I've never thought about looking for a companion but this fellow sure sounds good! Of course then you had to put a halt to all my day dreaming and say, he did have a lady friend.....Oh well, back to just BabyGirl and myself, lol.....All the gals on what we call "Old Ladies Lane" are widowed and it is funny when we get together..We just want a "handy man", not one we have to cook, clean or do laundry for....Any more, I don't even think I want that handy man, I have Kevin or do it myself......
I did just have a call from my sister and she said, be ready at 5:00, going to dinner and then playing cards...See how she keeps me hopping????Oh and we do fly to Puerto Rico for the cruise...Never been there so we'll probably go a couple days early, to look around...Coming back, Kathy and Tim will come here and we'll have Christmas....They are also going to Ireland and Scotland right after Dan's wedding, but as much as I'd love to go again, but it would be too much walking...Next time I go, I'd like to take a train tour.....

Chriss, we all know these days are tough, but we also know, you are a very strong gal...So glad that you're able to talk to Gerry and he able to give his OK....He really will be taken care of royally and you will be able to have some time for yourself..... And in some ways, death can be a beautiful thing, as it was for Jim and our Chris....Both were so peaceful...And, if MaryQ comes to clean, I'd be happy to pop over and cook...Might not be the best but you wouldn't go hungry......Do you think Moose would mind if BabyGirl comes along?

I had started this post 2 hours ago and between phone calls and people stopping by, I'm running out of time....I need to get a table topper bound that I made for her....Also have one for the neighbor that needs quilted but that's for tomorrow......
So, tonight, not sure what I'm having for dinner but I know the dessert will be good....The gal we're meeting always orders the best pies for later......

You all have a great rest of the day.......

womster

Post by womster » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:42 pm

Good evening!

Another drive-by. Met DBIL/DSIL for breakfast and then they came over. Just popping in to tell our Maryz HAPPY BIRTHDAY! πŸŽ‚πŸŽŠπŸŽˆ

xoxo

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:07 pm

Hi everyone!
I'm late for sure....I didn't sleep very well last night and then was outside all morning till about 1 watering. I've got the last load of laundry in the dryer right now and have to clean the kitchen still.
Maryz, happy happy Birthday πŸŽ‚! I hope your day has been all about you πŸ’›
Chriss, our anniversary is April 13th also, just 17 years before yours. You are doing the right thing ❀️ hugs to you my friend.
I made green chile enchiladas for supper. Frankie took Dad's to him and put it on the stool at the door for Dad to get after Frankie left. Dad's got covid really bad and feels horrible. He said today was the worst so far. I can't go over, I can't go through having that again so soon, I'm too much of a wimp with covid LOL
Sorry I can't respond to everyone, I need to go hang laundry up and get my kitchen cleaned so I can relax and unwind.
Prayers for Chriss and Jerry and everyone on need πŸ™
Tina

Return to β€œSew ins”