Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday, March 22nd

Daily discussions.
womster

Friday, March 22nd

Post by womster » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:18 am

Good morning!

I’ve been up since 2am but did go to bed early. DS2 seems to be decomping fast – he hasn’t been taking his meds for five months. By the time I get out there he will probably be in full-blown psychosis. Oh well – it is what it is. I was MIA yesterday – met my BFF in downtown Denver for breakfast and it was wonderful! Our deck is done and is so sturdy – yay for that. Today I will continue to work on the study to get rid of what is not needed. O’Dorothy – thanks for thinking of me! I will check that med out. Chriss – hurry up and wait, right? It will be so nice to visit with the Supper Club peeps. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

p.s. - I forgot to say what we're having for supper! Leftover potato kielbasa soup. We have soup every Monday and Friday. I'll also heat up pretzel bites - so good dipped in the soup.
Last edited by womster on Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

grammiequilts

Re: Friday, March 22nd

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:28 am

Good morning it is cold 28 and it is supposed to get pretty snowy, I am off to the grocery store early before the roads get bad...I need stuff and should have done it yesrerday and didnt so as soon as it gets light I am off...it is snowing a bit now...I dont drive in the dark if I can help it...
We had a grand time with Liam on his birthday and good burgers at the Red Robin, Just DD and family us and the other grand parents, Liam loved his car kit.
After i get back I might just hole up in the sewing room and watch the weather,,,,Ken is at the rink making sure all the hockey players are happy....( good ice)
I hope you all have a great day...continued prayers....XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Sharona good morning to you...It will be good to hear from all the Supper club people welcome bring your coffee here,

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:52 am

Good Morning,

Well we did do anything for our anniversary we were going out but then the rain moved in and there was thunder got involved and I asked for a rain check :lol: it dosent matter will do it at another time.

Today we are going to see if we can find a turkey for Easter it will just the 2 of us both grands have to work so Sandi will stay home and do her own thing I get it you work all week and just don't feel like traveling.
And Billy said he has to go in on Sunday night so thats it.
I have 1 load of wash that needs my attention so if you all don't mind I will occupy the Laundry room this afternoon.
And in between I will sew.

Everyone have a great day whatever road it takes you to.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:04 am

Good morning,

LOIS - If we're not going camping we don't usually go out on our anniverary either. It's Valentine's Day - Bill's choice, not mine - and the restaurants are FULL. Flowers are triple price. The wedding was fun but the anniversaries not so much. Just being together is what counts! Will you be sewing pineapples today?

JUDI - Praying for your DDIL. She sounds like you got the cream of the crop of DIL's. I hope your snowstorm fizzles. It's spring! Time for daffodils and hummingbirds!

BECCA - happy birthday! I know you are off to Denise's today for a few days but I know she will make sure you will be treated like the queen of the family! 👑 Enjoy!

CHRISS - Those hallucenations must be so scary for Jerry - and possibly dangerous. I remember some of my brother, Jim's, and still shudder. Is Jerry able to get out of bed or is he completely bed-bound now. Sorry the transfer may be a longer wait than you were hoping but maybe this is how things are supposed to happen. "You got this" has become a cliche' but you do. Bless you both.

SHARONA - So sorry your son hasn't been taking his meds. That happens so often - people get to feeling so much better and decide they don't need them any more. Going to add him to my lengthening prayer list! The nice thing about prayer lists, there's always room for one more! I hope you are able to help him while you are there. Glad that deck is done, too! Is it covered? High? Low?

JANA - Sounds like it's going to be a few quiet weeks around your place. Maybe you can get your Stars done while everyone is gone. Glad you finally found your Halloween embellishments. What a funny place for them to be! :lol: Is your March company still planning to come visit? With most everyone gone?

IRISH - so wonderful to see you! And such good news that you are feeling better! You know, with all the sewing you have to do but family wanting you to go on a cruise, you could always take a sewing cruise and kill both of those birds with one big expensive rock! But if you do a cruise - and choose Alaska, LET ME KNOW!! :D Two weddings? I know about Dan though not the date, but who else in your family is getting married? How are the babies? How are Kathy and Tim? Every time I see, hear, read anything about Reno, I think of them. I've been watching "our" eagle cam in Hays. Looks like an intruder came in and destroyed the egg. :cry: So sad. And I read that the three eggs in Big Bear are non-viable. So we are down at least four new eagles this year.

LYN - You must be getting excited - the kids and the shed are both arriving soon! Will you be taking them to the house?

MARY Q - I'm sure you'll be along soon. Did you keep the table? Did you finish the owl quilt yet?

Yesterday I picked up all the little messes we had around the house and Bill vac'd the 'traffic areas'. I finished the tree blocks in my quilt and cut out the rest of the five cat blocks. Then we went grocery shopping. After that we went to visit Susie and Doyal at rehab and had an enjoyable card party in the lounge area. We'll go back another day next week and do it all over again. Today- I think I"ll continue purging my closet, do one load of laundry, and work on my cat blocks. This pattern is much like an Eliz Hartman pattern, but it's a design by Amanda Niederhaeuser. It's fun. I plan to make four of them unless I can find other Christmas Cat patterns that appeal. Everyone in my family is a serious cat person. And everyone needs a Christmas quilt. We are going out to dinner tonite with friends, Tex & Annette. So no cooking!! Yay!

Prayers and hugs around!
mary z
<^+^<

patches4

Post by patches4 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:09 am

Good morning all,
Another week has flown by so quickly. Kind of quiet day here today mainly hand sewing and watching March Madness. Have the kids alma mater to cheer on otherwise I root for underdogs. Hoping someone new is the champion, spreading the honors around.
Have had many on my mind and in prayers, especially Chriss and Jerry. I hope the move went well and she will realize she made the right decision for Jerry and herself. DH and I in similar situation with his mother, we had to move her out of her house. It happened and was good for her and for us we knew that she was safe.
So prayers for all in need,
Be safe
Hugs to all,
TinaB

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:32 am

Good morning!

The sun is just starting to try to get over the mountains and it will be another beautiful day here. A little cooler, but still warm.

Thank goodness for grandsons! Stu came to help me wrangle a new large roll of batting I have and stayed and helped me with the taxes on the computer. Our computers are old,, running old operating systems. They work fine,, until you need to do something with a newer program, like taxes! Stu helped me get the tax program going, then helped with the actual doing and completed the taxes. Michael wanted to wait before filing, so we saved the taxes, but when we went to reopen the saved file, we couldn't. Stu could open it on his phone, so we went ahead and filed them. The stupid taxes are out of my hair! Both the fed and state have accepted the returns and I get money back! I always have a state tax bill, no matter what, as the wonderful (not!) State of California won't withhold my state taxes for Utah. So I do, setting aside that money each month. So that large uglie is done! Michael is going to have to give in on new computers!

I finished up the quilting on my Kimberbell Halloween quilt. And found the embellishment package. Today I need to do a couple of embellishments on the embroidery module and hand stitch them in place. It was so unlike me to be smart and put the bag of embellishments in the kit box, but I did! OWL is a today project.

Sarah has been sick and finally went to the doctor. She has walking pneumonia and now a whole ton of meds to take.

So that's about it from here. I can see buds on some of my new trees as well. It's beginning to look happy outside again!

Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:15 am

Good morning Girls

Hey guess what? We have SNOW!! Can't tell exactly how much, but the grass is covered! And the most wonderful news of all...(NOT) we are going to get more~! March is very often the snowiest month in MN so I guess we shouldn't be surprised!

Sharon.... bet you feel so much better spending time on the deck knowing that it won't collapse under you! Prayers for your son.

Judi... I wonder if our snow will be heading your way! Only consolation, it won't last long! I was out driving around yesterday and there were lots of MN DOT trucks out prepping our highways so hopefully they will stay clear when we get our next storm.

Lois... Enjoy your time in the laundry room--tho I have to say it's not my favorite place. I always wanted a nice big laundry room so there were would be room for a sorting table etc.. Never happened. I can't barely turn around in mine!

Mary.... Yes the table is now in my garage... I think eventually it will end up either going to the dump or to somebody's bonfire! It actually would be cute fixed up... and I might try this summer, but for now it's tucked into a corner in my garage. The Owl quilt is all pinned and ready to go, so that might be on tap for tomorrow (other things going on today) I saw of photo of the Cat/Christmas quilt --for some reason it came up on my computer feed this morning. Go figure.. It's going to be stinkin' cute!

Tinab.... There are some times when I really like that days go by quickly and then again not so much. The weeks fly by and the years come and go in a blink... and all of a sudden I'm old and remember so many happy days of the past. But I can't remember where I put the box of printer ink I just bought, or where did I set down my phone!

Jana... When KC left town, she left behind two lap tops.. .One was a chrome book and ended up getting recycled, but the other is a fairly decent one and I'm thinking, now that I've cleaned it up.. I just might use it as a back up.. Only problem is, none of my old favorite programs will work in it because They are all too old... Taxes? A big YUCK all the way around. Maybe I will move to Washington State of Alaska where there is no state income tax

Chriss.. The home you have found for Jerry looks like a beautiful spot! Is it close to home for your, driving wise? Such a wonderful thing you are doing for him You will be able to spend days with him with much less worry and that along will be a blessing for you. As always, prayers continue.

This morning I'm on my way to a meeting, right next door at Katie's. We're still trying to decide on a management company for our townhouse association. Then this afternoon Peggy is coming to pick me up and we are taking our wares to a craft fair, kind of like the one we did at Christmas time. Though I don't know how busy this one will be, as it's only for two days and the weather isn't cooperating.. Various reports show snow over the weekend, so it may not be worth the trip, but I guess we'll try. I've had boxes of stuff ready to go, in my living room for 3 weeks and I'll just be glad to get it OUT OF HERE!!

Better get put on a public face and get ready for meeting!!
Wishing you all a Fabulous Friday

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:37 am

Good morning. It will be a beautiful day today.

I had 4 tomato plants and was able to plant them while Jerry slept. I watered them this morning and realized there are a few blossoms on some of them. Yay. We are supposed to see some rain this weekend

Last night went pretty well. Jerry slept in his recliner and I slept in the hospital bed. We left the lights on and both slept off and on. We will do this again tonight and continue until he goes to the assisted living place. I'm hoping his TB results will come back with in the 3 days rather than the 5. I'm ready to get him placed and have him have more care.

I have a girlfriend who came and stayed with Jerry while I went to the grocery store yesterday. It is so very difficult for me to ask for help and she is one of the few people I am comfortable with. She and Jerry read the paper and he asked her about her husband who had passed away with cancer. She answered him honestly. They had a good time together. And once again I have salad fixin's.

Sharon, I love kielbasa. On holiday's grandma would boil a kielbasa, slice it and serve it with brown spicy mustard. They ordered the kielbasa and mustard from someplace in Newark New Jersey. My grandpa was born there. I have tried every brand in the grocery stores and they just aren't as good. Prayers for your son. and for you too my friend.

Judi, I don't care to drive in the dark, but then Bingo is in the evening and it's going to go back on my list. I will never forget Marilyn's first time at Red Robin. She realized they had unending fries. her eyes got big and she had a second batch.

Lois, we haven't done anything for our anniversary in a long time. In fact, we hardly ever went out for dinner. Easter here will also be very low key.

Maryz, your Christmas cat quilts will be adorable. Jerry hasn't stood in a while and didn't get up to go to the breakfast table this morning. He tried to feed himself in his chair but that fork gets quite heavy. I fed him a slice of french toast. I had fixed two slices just incase he wanted more but Moose ended up the winner of the second slice. I think Jerry realizes he isn't mobile like he used to be.

Tinab, Jerry and I were just saying how quick this weekend went. I pray the next few days go by quickly as well.

Jana, we also have buds, leaves and flowers starting on our trees too. I was worried about the pear tree and the catalpa tree. Neither looked like they were budding but when I got closer I see they actually are. Hope Sarah feels better soon.

Maryq, Hope your craft sale goes well. I am going back and forth in my head about this home for Jerry. I'm feeling pretty selfish, but I know he will get better care with actual nurses who can do more for him than I can. It certainly isn't an easy decision. As he lays in his recliner sleeping he's fine but when he has nights that are so awful for both of us I know he needs more help. This is gut wrenching.

I do want to sew together at least one block for the lotto. I have two cut out and one partially sewn. I need to clean up the kitchen and go through Jerry's clothes to see what he can take to the facility where he will stay.

Dinner: I have hamburger thawed out. Way too much for one meal, but I'm thinking I may cook half and freeze half. Maybe Jerry will want a hamburger, or maybe his favorite, a chicken pot pie. I will likely have a burger.

You girls have a marvy day, and a wonderful weekend.

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:58 am

Well looks like I am bringing up the rear today. Had a busy morning. One visit over night and got to the paper work this AM. Also did some corrections for the day shift job and 1 chart. 3 charts to go.

Decided it was time to clean out the nursing bag and got it washed. Hanging in the 🛀 to dry. I will repack the clean bag and put the second bag through the wash.

Working on a jelly roll friendly quilt, found an all white layer cake on Amazon and that should be here Sunday. I also stopped at the LQS in Petaluma and picked up some lig cabin fabric. I plan to start cutting that on My Go Big.

Other than that, not much else new. Off to do a few chores and not sure what else.

Have a great day.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:10 pm

MARY Q - I would keep that table until your garage sale. You have to have something to pile all that fabric on. And you can add a sign that says Table For Sale, too.

CHRISS - You just keep on keeping on. Good for you! Jerry knows this is no picnic for you and I also know he is very grateful for all you do for him. I'm glad you have tomato blossoms and tree buds. A sign of new life for you.

I just heard the palace has announced King Charles has pancreatic cancer and Princess Kate also has ca and is undergoing chemo. I wish the paparazzi would leave them alone.

I have been working on Scaredy Cat and am assembling my rows. It might be a finished top today. If not today - tomorrow. I realized today I need to finish at least two of these quilts by end of July. My sis will be here then and I want her to take them back to CO for herself and my other sister. Have a personal delivery service can save a TON of postage!

Now it's back to it.

Return to “Sew ins”