Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday, March 22nd

Daily discussions.
Irishgram

Re: Friday, March 22nd

Post by Irishgram » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:38 pm

Good late afternoon from a dreary, but slightly warmer, SW Pa...We sure can't complain about our weather although we've had cold windy and some snow days, but nothing like winters could be.... AND, where or why are the days flying by????
MaryZ, I would love to go on a quilting cruise but my sister doesn't know a sewing machine from a lawn mower so, that's out! Kathy and Tim were here last week and they got talking and that's all it took...They are going on 4 this year...One is leaving from LA and I sure didn't want to fly out there and then the other is leaving from Puerto Rico, the beginning of Dec. so that's the one we're taking....They will fly in from Reno, meet us in PR and then coming home fly back and spend Christmas with this crazy bunch.....But, in the meantime, there will be trips to see Terry and his wife in Tenn. and also Nick and his wife in Florida...Doctor gave the flying OK so look out.....On the babies, just had a new Great, grand daughter, born last Thursday to my oldest son's son...Named her Ellie Lynnette, the Lynnette is after my late DDIL who passed suddenly after having surgery on a broken ankle..And Maeve, is 1 already and running...Pappy Kevin was watching her yesterday and I stopped and what a treat...She never lost the hair and now it's down to her shoulders and she always has smile on her face....And the weddings, Dan and Casey's will be 9-9 at the Columbus Zoo in Ohio and the other wedding is my sister's son, David and Carla on 7-19...(This is the couple that has caused all the problems within that family (and it's not their doing)...So, I do have a busy months coming up and now the days will pass by much too quickly....I just want everything to slow down...It really was a sad day at the Hays nest but maybe a miracle will happen and they'll have another clutch. It's happened before....We do have another nest at the Steel building so hopefully, Pgh. will have some eaglets this year....
Jana, nice to hear you're having some better weather and nice of you to send it east....Sounds like your family is "jumping", always on the go....When you mentioned Cabo San Lucas, the memories came back, full blast...That was one of our favorite places and thought we'd be going with Kathy in April but she's afraid to take me out of the country...Doesn't want me needing any Mexican doctors, lol BUT, she's ready to send me on a cruise??? Your new flooring sounds gorgeous, hope we get a picture.....
Chriss, My heart hurts for you....And like someone said, is it better if it's sudden or this way, that's really a hard one...But, thinking back with Jim, I'm glad he stayed as long as he did...With him, his body was healthy and no one really knew how long he would be with us and then , God said, his wings were ready....Jim was in the home for 9 months, the last 2 weeks, we knew it would be soon and in that time, the home moved him to what they called Serenity Hall...It was a suite that we could stay with him 24/7...Although, he mostly slept, he knew we were there..I'd say something and he'd smile or ready for my hand..The last couple of night, if I wasn't sitting in the rocker by him, I would even lay on the bed with him....It was also a time to let him know that we'd be OK, it was time to rest! And it was very peaceful! Oh my, didn't mean to be so morbid, yikes....You gals will be sending me back to the Supper club, lol.......
We never did much for anniversaries and now thinking, this coming October 29, it would be our 70th..... I was a child bride!
Need to get my table runners quilted and then see what might fall out of the fridge.....

You all have a great rest of the day.......

Return to “Sew ins”