Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday March 20 ,2024

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Wednesday March 20 ,2024

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:56 am

Good morning,

It's a little chilly today we have a our chiropractor apt.
We are celebrating our 48th anniversary might go out to lunch we will see.

So I'm not sure if I will make into the sewing room today but thats ok there will be other days to sew.

Well I hope you day is a good one.
Prayers go out to all.ois

purrfect-lady

Re: Wednesday March 20 ,2024

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:26 am

Good morning,

We've had a run of stellar weather for the past week, but it's time to pay the piper. Back to low 50's and rain today. I'm ready. After all the yard work, I need a rest! Today is my brother's 89th birthday. He's still trucking, still mentally as sharp as ever, still handsome, still funny. He's lost 3 of his 7 children and, as an old sourdough that could barely make coffee, he ended up being sole caregiver of his wife who had Alzheimers for two years at the height of the pandemic. He is amazing!

JANA - glad you found the flooring of your dreams. The fact that it's all in stock and a good price is icing on your floors! So which OWL block are you working on? One of the 12 months or the 6" blocks that 'go with'?

LOIS - happy anniversary! I know so many folks who were married on this day. I'll see you later at the chiropractor's office!

FLO - I thought about your Joe yesterday - St. Joseph's Feast Day. Sounds like with the meal you had you celebrated in grand style!

MARY-MEG Q - where to start?! Maybe you should consider keeping that table in your garage. Seems you spend a lot of time out there sorting, rearranging, etc. Plus, tables are good for garage sales. And you could sell it at the sale! Susie fx'd her ankles Jan 22, had 2 surgeries, went to rehab Feb 1, and will probably be there well into April. She is still in a WC and does PT and OT every day. We go visit about every 5 days. We've just moved our socializing from our homes to her room. And your Casey Jones does sound a lot like Brakeman Bill. And I loved hearing my name announced on TV on my 8th birthday and being told there was a present for me hidden in the washing machine! I was told BB's show was cancelled so he took it on the road to other places. Would be a hoot if they were the same guy! How is the wedding quilt coming along? Did you say you had to set it aside to order more fabric? Or was that another project?

CHRISS - I can't believe you were given an empty O2 tank! I hope that is all settled now. Was Jerry's appt yesterday or is just some time coming up? What's the news? I'm praying for that guidance for you that are looking for. It's a rough journey you are traveling. But you can get through this with prayer and support from your family, friends, and all of us. It's what we're all are here for.πŸ’—

DIANE- are you having trouble with PM's? You may have to hit send or submit twice. And they should automatically delete themselves over time.

CAROL - thanks for the pizza tip! I buy my yeast in bulk ad keep it in the freezer so it's the same for everything yeasty that I make. I like the action of hand kneading my dough. And it doesn't take long. I hand knead everything. Makes it sound like I'm quite a baker, doesn't it. :D I'm not, but when I do, I knead. But I agree - using the dough hook on the mixer can be a real time saver if kneading isn't your thing.

SHARONA - I'm happy for you to get to go see the grands! They will be so happy to have a visit from their gramma! But I'm distressed about your A-fib. We need to get that under control. Prayers for you. And also that your plane stays intact during flight!!

LORI - are you ready for your retreat? Or are you there now? I forget.

My days have been filled lately with appts, shopping, lunches, visits, laundry, spring cleaning, and yard work, Not nearly enough sewing! Today will be chiro appt, small amout of laundry, some cleaning, change sheets, and hopefully some sewing. I don't think I'll work outside today. I plan burgers on the grill and they are all made and frozen. All I need to do is toss a salad so not much cooking either.

Today is the first day of spring! Rejoice!

mary z
>^+^<

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:56 am

Good morning it is still cold. we are in the 30s today and a bit cloudy. It might be spring on the calender but mother nature and "they" say we might get snow this weekend. We are not in the yard cleaning stage here yet but the tulips are up out of the ground, and the hosta buds are up.
Today is a sewing day for me...I have laundry done and no errands to run that I am aware of . Ken being home today that could change, He has class tonight so he is in his office preping the class. he usually takes his school days off ti, 2 when he leaves...( He eat supper with the guys at the school so I am off the hook for cooking...) I have some soup in the fridge for lunch too...
I have decided to sew today,,,I have 8 more blocks to make and have pulled the fabric for the next quilt. heres hoping,,,
My friend and I had a nice lunch yesterday and enjoyed catching up on all the latest . She doesnt quilt but will go to the fabric shops with me if i ask,,,sometimes she buys fabric to make things for her grands,,,
Well I need coffee..
Chris, Keeping you and Jerry in my thoughts, and prayers,,,this roller coaster ride you are on is very difficult, Jerry seems to be going in and out of stages,,Please take some time to be your funny loving self....Did you have a hospice nurse visit yesterday? Did you make it to the Drs office?
All of you have a wonderful day,,,hope you get sunshine and if you dont make your ownXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY LOIS AND HUBBY

womster

Post by womster » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:54 am

Good morning!

Lois – happy anniversary! I hope you do go out to celebrate. Have fun at the chiro.

Maryz – HB to your bro. Glad to hear he is still keeps on trucking. ;) I have an appointment with the cardiologist in August to decide on when we do the next ablation. Hope you get to sew some today.

Headed to Bible study. The deck should be done tomorrow – huzzah! Not much else new here – the snow is still melting off and we are seeing some grass. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:27 am

Good morning ladies, a couple of busy days but should be a bit quieter today. Some paperwork issues to deal with, zoom meeting at noon and hopefully some sewing. Maybe a load of laundry.

Lori I have been seeing your photos on Facebook, you are at a retreat? Did I miss something?

Jana I looked up your floor, that is very pretty. I really like the color. I missed where in the house it is going?

Sharona have a safe trip. Glad you get to see the grands and great grands. They grow so quickly. While I have seen more of my Great Grands lately I did miss a lot.

Carol interesting, I wonder how pizza yeast differs from regular? I have never made home made pizza and really don't eat it anymore. But DH loves it.

Chriss how did yesterday go? You are right, until you go through something like this yourself, you really don't understand the impact on yourself. I so wish there was something to just make it all go away. Know though that you are a strong woman and have a loving God behind you. You can and will get through this.

Maryq my nephew said something about the weather there too. Then I saw his wife online buying shorts and tops for the little girl. Hope she doesn't outgrow them while waiting for it to warm up enough to wear them.

Flo did you get to the store?

Maryz SCC quilt? I want to get some weeding done in the back yard so I can put in a few tomato plants. Maybe next week. I have to also get my trunk straightened out. I carry all my nursing stuff and have managed to really make a mess.

Lois Happy Anniversary

We have a couple more days of nice weather then possible return of rain. But for now, I may get to open the doors today. Well I am off to start my day. Something wrong with my keyboard too, it seems to want to do it's own thing. This is driving me nuts. Maybe a trip to Best Buy. Will give it a good cleaning and see what happens. Have a wonderful day everyone.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:30 am

Good Morning Girls

Nice sunny day here, but man oh man... it's dang cold! We're only going to get to 31* today!! I really want to go work in the garage, but man, I'd have to wear a parka and thick warm gloves!

Lois... Happy Anniversary!!! 1976? That was good year... It was the big Bicentennial Celebration! I remember because I decorated our bathroom in Red, White and Blue! :lol: :lol: Hope you have a beautiful day!

Maryz... Happy Birthday to Gene!! Wow, he's amazing!! Still driving! I bet you are anxious to go see him this summer. What a fun celebration you can have! Wedding quilt is progressing, I'm waiting on a shipment of a little more of the right color of fabric. In the meantime I'm working on a spur of the moment little quilt for my neighbor Connie who LOVES Owls!! I found a neat Owl panel in KC's stuff, so I'm putting together a little lap quilt for her.

Judi....What's up with this crazy weather! We are probably in the same pattern here as you. COLD!! and I see we might even get some snow Sunday, Monday & Tuesday! YUK! We've been really spoiled this winter. That's the kind of friend to have...who will go along to fabric stores with you!

Sharon... One nice thing about snow in March...it usually doesn't last long!!

Chriss....Sending you lots of virtual hugs and prayers today. I'm going to be running errands for a today, so I will be praying all along the way.

Just got a phone call that my taxes are done! YEAH I'm getting a refund!! Federal and State!! NOW , where should I spend it??? Don't need fabric for sure! Maybe something for the house! SO I'm off and running this morning to go pick up my paper work from the CPA and see if the thrift store down the street from their office will take table--if not I guess it will end up in my Garage :roll: :x

See y'all tomorrow!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:44 am

Good morning!

Today will be the best laid plans, that most likely get changed! It's my normal Wednesday for Ethan and cello, but Kate's on shift and so is Aaron, which means I may get the little girls instead and Stu takes Ethan. I'll find out in a little while. Meanwhile while at ranch, it's a beautiful day here. Another warm and sunny day. During the rest of the week, we'll get a rain shower. It's nice that Maryz is sharing one and then Chriss is sharing another. I like free water for my yard! The tulips are getting higher and I can't wait to see the blooms.

Daniel came by and approved the floor choice. He's now got the green light for starting. Daniel needs to finish the drawing work for the chimney and deck. Which he's doing. He'll contact his friend who does floors. That's Tyson. Tyson lived for years in California, but up and left with his family and moved all to Iowa a few months ago. So he's coming from there. Besides my job, he'll do Sandee's stairs. Sandee already changed her rugs to LVT, but waited on the stairs for Tyson to do them. Tyson is that good at floors. Now I have to be patient, at times which I'm not good at!

Stars are still being worked on. Interruptions keep me busy. Today's interruption will be printing out the papers I need to do the taxes. The immovable wall will help, as he knows where all the files are on his file tree. I thought he had them all in one spot, one file,, nope, so I finally got him to help a little bit.

I make all the blocks for OWL at the same time. The big main block and the 6 inch ones too, before putting that month's away.

Spring is in the air and I'm sneezing! Something must be in bloom!

Enjoy the day!
Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:03 am

Mary, I got to the retreat Monday afternoon. It's wonderful.

Jana, I just need 3 more backgrounds blocks for the OWL, then I finish up all the little pieces.

Chriss, you are in my thoughts.

Val, yes, I'm at a retreat. I've been post on Instagram. I'll do one on FB at the end of the week.

The retreat is wonderful so far. It's a little foggy this morning, so I'm delaying my walk for bit. We'll be going to one of the quilt shops today. Roxannes, a wish and a dream. It's a wonderful shop. She has more than just quilting.

Have a wonderful day.

Lori 8-)

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:30 am

FYI Thank you for your prayers I finally tslked to my DDIL. She did the MS bootcamp and rented an electric muscle stimulator that helps the muscle fibers stretch,,,it also teaches the brain to make more nerve pathways,,,that are damaged by the MS..After 3 days she could lift her foot off the ground and stand and take a few steps...not permanently but for bout 10 minutes,,,that is something she has not been able to do...they said it could take up to 3 years for more permanent improvement,,,to buy the machine is $15,000 and no insurance or coverage, so renting it for 3-6 months to see if it would work was the best option....she is hopeful and so we need to keep her on our prayer list...xxxooo

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:12 am

A cloudy day on the coast. Happy 2nd day of Spring. I had a conversation with a friend and ended up looking up Spring, it's March 19th - June 20th.

Happy Anniversary Lois!

MaryZ, Happy Birthday to your brother!

Judi, Please sew for me, I won't have time the next few days. I hope the machine helps your DDIL.

Sharona, Hope you have a good, fun, safe trip next week.

Valerie, Computers and laptop tops will be great, once they are perfected. :lol: :lol:

MaryQ, Wish I would have sent you my taxes, then they would be done. :?

Jana, I looked up your flooring, very nice. I will be shopping for flooring soon for my sew cabin.

Lori, Hope you are enjoying the retreat.

Chriss, Extra prayers for you and Jerry. I know your path isn't easy right now, but God has his Angels surrounding you both!

I was hoping the cabin shell would be done and delivered late next week. Well, it's done but they only have next Tuesday open to deliver. I'm now rushing around here and trying to put several days of work in to a few. We will go up on Sunday to the TX house, that way I can make sure the site is still OK and the rain hasn't damaged it. We will stay up there until DD1 & DGS fly in on the 2nd. So, when we leave Sunday, I have to make sure MH is clean for company. I don't think the kids will get a boat ride. Have a problem with the fancy bank charger that charges the 4 batteries. The place that works on our boat told me to bring it by and they will have a guy come out and grease the hubs on the trailer. This company has always been fantastic at taking care of our boat!! I hope y'all have a good day.
Lyn

Return to β€œSew ins”