Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday March 19th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Tuesday March 19th

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:12 am

Good morning up early I already did a load of laundry shoo'd Ken out the door and had a cuppa coffee. I think I am finally getting the DST thing out of my system. Today I will go to lunch with a friend and do laundry, that is it on my list today, we will have soup for supper and that is already made...I plan on sewing on the quilt in what ever free time I have today,,,lol. I really need to drop off the taxes while i am out. so I might do that. need to call her first to make sure she is working,,,
Chris, many times our loved one get cold feet ( Old saying...everyone wants to go to heaven but no one wants to die") perhaps Jerry will feel differently after the meds wear off...or after he sleeps awhile...either way prayers will intensify...its all we can do. I know you know about the stages of grief/dying ( denial, anger, depression,bargaining and acceptance)patients can go in and out of the stages at any time.
I havent had a chance to talk to my DDil but will give her a call this morning,,I didnt want to bombaed her with questions her first day back...
Well that my plan hope yours is going well XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

fabricgirl

Re: Tuesday March 19th

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:06 am

Good morning,

We are 36* and will be at 48 sometime today :lol: .

We have a couple of errands to run and then when we get back if I have time I will sew.

Judi I hope you have a great day at lunch with your friend that was quite a haul with your purchases glad you were able to help.

Well that's all from here I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

velvet

Post by velvet » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:18 am

BRR!! Who let the cold weather in?? Its been so warm the last couple of days. Mther nature is teasing us again.

Today is a qov at vets cafe and as usual should be alot of fun. Laura usually gives the certificates and the carry cases. I do whatever. Tuesday is a cutting fabric day at the other Dianes so I have to pass on it-but I'll go there tomorrow and help her.
Maryq sent me 2 yards of patriotic fabric and I'll try to post pix when I figure out the pattern.

I hope everyone is going to have a bright day
Diane

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:35 am

Good morning,

JUDI - Enjoy your lunch today. I am going to breakfast with two former co-workers (we go out together twice a year) at 10:00, 1:00 your time. Perhaps you and I will be out "together"! I'm very anxious to hear what your DDIL has to say. God bless her. Glad you found enough goodies to make your trip to the LQ worthwhile. Ann is a good name. It's Jesus' grandmother's name (Mary's mom). She is Heaven's Housekeeper. Legend has it that when it snows, that's feathers falling from St. Ann fluffing heaven's pillows.

CHRISS - saying prayers for Jerry and for you. I really don't think Jerry is unusual. Judi gave such a good explanation in a nutshell. Hang in there, pray for patience and peace.

LOIS - your days with your hubby sound so much like my days with my Bill.

DIANE - you've brightened the days of many of our heroes!

TINA B - I agree. God save Joanns. Not all quilts require top quality fabric. Hobby Lobby and Michael's sell little bits, but not enough. I have way too much fabric but I'm so glad I've been stocking up over the years at my favorite (now closed) LQS at their big semi-annual sales. Now I can shop my stash for most projects.

SHARONA - I hope your deck is finished this week. Guess with all the hammering you won't be napping today! Sounds like you will be making a lot of homemade pizzas!

DIANE - I hope your machine is OK! The good news is JUDI knows where there are a couple of half=price Bernies for sale! . . .

MARY Q - tomorrow is the first day of spring. I'm sure MN will warm up by then! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Great to get all those patterns organized. You should save all those quilty books, fabrics, tools, supplies you want to pass on and -when the weather is WARMER - have a Quilters' Dream Garage Sale. Make some money so you can go buy more! I have wondered if it would be better to have a 2-drawer filing cabinet for all my loose patterns instead of binders, but not sure where I could even put it! My ironing station is our old 30" bathroom vanity, repurposed. And in the cupboard underneath is where my binders are. I have about 12, I think. My Lord of the Rings paper piecing patterns takes up an entire binder all by itself. And I have box on a shelf filled with smaller patterns.

FLO - your yard will be beautiful! What color hydrangeas and rhodies did you buy? Pink rhodies are Washington's state flower. They grow wild here in the mountains. I love them!

JANA - solving your tax stand-off is easy - whover does the taxes calls the shots. And the other one shuts up about it.

KATY - good news that Jim has improved. I hope your land sale goes through.

Our Amara books arrived yesterday! They are so purrfect! What fun to make these books and what fun to look at them! We will definitely be doing this again! Antonio told us that Amara definitely recognized us in the book! 🥰 We spent a couple hours with Doyle and Susie at her rehab yesterday. She loves that we bring happy hour to her. They wanted to play cards, too, out in the lounge area, but she had two other visitors so we saved something for next time. Her 'neighbor' in the facility is a local celebrity, Brakeman Bill! He had a kids' TV show when I was little. His sidekick was a hand puppet named Crazy Donkey. It was funny and he played the best cartoons. I loved him and his show! He is in his 90's now, fully coherent, recently lost his wife of 75 years, and the only reason he's in a nursing home is for rehab after a fall. He was the Harrison Ford of my childhood. :D I never got yard work done yesterday because I ran morning errands, did laundry, and we were gone the afternoon. But I did get five Ohio Star blocks made for my SCC quilt. Today I'll be gone again all morning long. I might sew or I might do yard work this afternoon. The squirrels have spread my bluebells all over and I need to dig them up and replant them.

Wishing us all full bobbins!
mary z
>^+^<

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:56 am

Good morning!

Still dark,but it will be a beautiful day here - today and the rest of the week! Heading into a entire week of upper 60's! Who knew that little bit of warmth could make you so happy!

We are going on a flooring expedition this morning. We'll see how long it lasts. I know of three flooring stores nearby. Have picture on hand, well, on my tablet of what I want, color and grain wise. It's a starting point and I know the thickness too - 12mm.

Stars is coming along. I got my uglies caught up as well as the laundry.

Found I made a slight mistake on my current OWL block, but it a easy fix. That block is almost done with the blanket stitching andI have the next one traced, so we're good to go.

Enjoy the day, warmer weather is heading east from me!
Hugs,
Jana

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:58 am

Morning
Hydrangeas are 2 blue 1 dark pink. Rhodes are dark pink and light pink.
Yesterday watched grands so DDIL could shop. Then she and I cooked supper together...we oven fried chicken, home fries, freas broccoli, stuffed mushrooms and white gravy. We worked together to clean up kitchen. Today is grocery shopping, but highway to get to store is closed and detour adds 5 miles.....yuk....
Have a sew great day
Flo

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:08 am

Good morning Girls

Not very warm here today... we'll be lucky if we hit 41*! I do have to go out today, so I may have to pull my winter coat out of the closet!

Judi.... Do you remember a really old movie with Goldie Hawn "Private Benjamin" She says a line in there "I just want to go out to lunch" best line of the whole movie! I love going out to lunch and it's especially fun with good friends.

Lois... How many pineapple blocks have you got done so far ? Do they take you very long? In one of the old books I had laying around here I saw the pattern/directions for a Pineapple quilt, but I looked at it and thought there had to be an easier way! I don't think it mentioned the special ruler!

Diane.... Sorry I didn't get your PM. Do you still have my phone number? You can text me if you'd like.

Maryz... I needed to get those books OUT of my house---most were KC's anyway. But yes, I am planning a garage sale this summer sometime with Katie. I'm sure by then I'll find even more things to pass on. I'll be going through my several tote boxes of fabric again and thinning it out a bit.. I bet your Brakeman Bill is like our Casey Jones! He was a train conductor but I can't remember much, except that I know his birthday song by heart! You could send in your name (before computers in a real written mailed letter) and he would sing happy birthday to you on the show. How is Susie doing? Any idea when she will be able to go home?

Jana... Sounds like you've done your research on flooring... especially if you know the thickness even! :D Light wood or darker wood? I did my kitchen and sewing rooms in LVP not long after I moved in here. The original linoleum was gosh-awful. Now I would like to get my bathroom floors done too, but it will have to wait, there's a few other things I'd like to upgrade around here.

Flo...OH I love the colored hydrangeas! I have several pictures (somewhere around here) of the beautiful hydrangeas they grow in Scotland from when I was there. For them, it's no work at all... they just grow purple! I might call my local nursery and see if they are going to have them this year!

Chriss... Sometimes getting the right level on morphine on board can be trick... too much is not good, as is not enough. Prayers continue that what ever God has planned, that He be kind and gentle and keep you in mind as well. Will definitely send lots of prayers for the Dr appointment today.

A gal came and picked up all the books I had to share yesterday and typical quilters we ended up showing and telling and talking for a long time. She's originally from Ohio and lived near a lot of Amish quilters, who still do hand quilting for her from time to time. She sure had some beautiful quilts.

For now I need to get in gear. Need to make some phone calls this morning then run to Rogers,MN (about 6 miles) to return the equipment for my old internet service and see if the Salvation Army will take the big wood table that's in the back of my car. It was a table that was at Shawn's house, but originally belonged to my son-in-law, David-- and is now in my car. If Salvation Army doesn't want, it may end up in a fire pit some where! :lol: :lol: Either that or I'll have to clean out my garage and find a spot (actually a table out there would be nice)

Wishing you all a most Terrific Tuesday

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:35 am

Good morning girls, it's going to be a busy day today.

This morning, we have a Hospice counselor visiting and someone will also come to deliver an oxygen tank. Seems the tank they brought at the onset is empty, go figure.

Jerry also has a visit with the cancer doctor, he is wanting to know if chemo is something he can start up again. I'm hoping I can get him into the car without him falling. It's a great big crap shoot. Hospice is kind enough to let him go to this doctor at their expense and keep him on hospice until a decision is made. In the meantime, I am looking at short term care facilities.

I have to say this is the most gut-wrenching thing I have ever gone through. It's a lot different when it is happening to you. So many ups and downs.

Judi, hope all went well for DIL. I pray she is on her way to being fixed.

Maryz, glad you are happy with the books, what a treat. I am praying for peace and mostly for guidance. I need the wisdom to make the correct choices.

Maryq, hope you get rid of that table, thanks for the prayers.

Ok, no more time in my day. I'm really not liking all fo this.

You all have a fun day,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

velvet

Post by velvet » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:13 am

MARYQ The message said sent but it looks like it is just sitting there. These new hi-tech fan-dangle things drive me nuts. (Patience was never given to me)

How do I erase old messages that I don't need to keep??
Diane

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:07 pm

Chriss - My thoughts and prayers are with you and Jerry. It must be very difficult to be going through all of this. ((((HUGS))))

Everyone - There is a yeast just to make pizza crust. There is a recipe on the package. It mixes together in less than 10 minutes including kneading and bakes in 15 minutes. Super easy to do, very tasty and cheaper than anything you can buy. I use my mixer to do the kneading for me. Try it!

Carol

Return to “Sew ins”