Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday March 10th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Sunday March 10th

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:37 am

Good morning I was up half th night,,,finally looked at my clock and it was 700 geez I hate day light savings time. Leave my clocks alone.
Today I will tackle the spare room ( my son sleeps there when he comes over) but it need spring cleaning,,,I dont wash walls much any more but this room needs the walls dusted,,( it is painted dark blue) you can see the dust. and the bedding done and the floor too...so if you need me I will be in there and the laundry room.
When that is done I will probably be in the sewing room or in a chair napping,,,which ever comes first...
Hope you all have a great day,,,,it is back to cold with a chance of snow flurries...tht isnt funny either,,,,,XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

fabricgirl

Re: Sunday March 10th

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:35 am

Good morning,

Judi your on a roll today I hope your able to get all that room cleaned up so you can sew.

Yesterday it rained all afternoon and night but it was a good day to play and try out the ruler I had to keep refuring to the book but then it got a little easier so now I will go on a hunt for some bright colors I think I have my work cut out for me .

Well thats all the news from here I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.ois

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:16 am

Good morning real quick. I didn't bring the laptop with me so on my phone.

The kids are well. Lina 3 going on 14. I did tell DD it may be time to start putting her foot down a bit. Yep 3 is old enough to pick up her own toys.

Josiah is doing better. He is running now but still a wee bit unsteady. He is still head heavy. He's the sleeper of the group. When he's fussy if you ask him if he's tired and needs a nap he will go stand in front of his crib and wait for you to put him in it. Still getting his shots but tolerating them much better. He will have an MRI in a month to see if the clot is gone.

Xavier will be 1 soon. Month and a half. He still Army crawls. He can cross a room in no time flat. Walking holding onto the furniture.

I think I forgot to mention I bought a Go Big. The Vacaville shop has a class on them 1 day a month so I will go this week. She has one in the evening so I can go. I am planning to cut a log cabin first.

I brought my blue quilt to work on the binding. I got 2 lengths of thread done yesterday. Hoping to get more done today.

Breakfast starting here at the hotel so I will go check it out. Have a great day everyone.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:55 am

Good windy morning,

LOIS - yay! You used the ruler, you liked the ruler, and now you're going for it! Exciting - at least it is to me. I would love to see your first block. Do you plan to use solids or prints or prints that read solid? Or batiks? Or ?? I need all the details because - well - because. Have fun!

JUDI - I guess our usual twins-ship is over. I love daylight savings time. My body functions much better on this time. And I love LOVE more light in the evenings. You are really cookin' this morning. You will have that room tip top shape in a few hours and ready for company to come mess it up. I'm not a wall washer either. But as I look around here, maybe I should be. But then, life is short. If people want my walls washed they can do it when I'm gone. :lol:

VAL - I didn't expect we'd hear from you today. But glad we did. :D Glad to hear the kids are doing so well. And yes, 3 is old enough to pick up toys, fetch diapers, and carry dishes to the kitchen. Just to learn to help. I'm not sure what a Go Big is but sounds like it's a cutting tool? Guess I'm behind the times. I'll Google it. See you back here this week!

LORI - If you say "keep the dish" when you give food away, I'll take a 9" pie, please. Somehow I've lost my 9" glass pie pan and I need one. And come to think of it, I had three 10" glass plates and now I only have two. Maybe we were robbed by an evil baker while we were gone.

SHARONA - Any word on how your BIL is doing? And your Sis? Do they live close to you? You asked how my massage therapist, David, is doing. Amazing that you remember he was diagnosed by one dr and confirmed by 3 more that he had lung cancer that had met to bone. Turns out, it was a misdiagnosis and he has sarcoidosis, not ca. Sarcoidosis mimics cancer on screenings. It's not fun and CAN be fatal but if caught in time, very treatable. So he's doing well for now and still working. We're looking for a lady for him, though if you know of any in the 45=65 range. . . Must love to dance. :D

CHRISS - so how did All About Chriss Day go? I hope as planned, but even without all you've got going on that doesn't usually happen. We put my brother's hospital bed near the big windows in his living room. He loved looking out at his property. It seemed sooth him. Love your Mike Schneider story. Should we call you Mrs. Schneider? I had a similar story in 4th grade with Peter Harris. But I never could get a playground wedding out of him. Ditto Dan Schlumpf. (I was a fickle woman). I met Dan 30 years later and he'd never married. I think he must have regretted missing his oppertunity.

MARY Q - Is your house now all sparkling clean? In my sewing room I'm going to post a list of all the names and addresses here on our forum and if I keel over, everyone can expect a box of fabric. I'll even add everyone's fave colors and fabrics taken from SS hints page! (I'm putting SCRAPS next to your name!) lol!

JANA - that's funny! You got up and hurried to get ready for church and it wasn't Sunday! I did that once back when I was 19. Read 5am as 7am, got my roommate up and we hurried and scurried to get ready for work and as we were running out the door, she looked at her watch. "Austin, you idiot!!" was pretty much all I heard from her! lol! So, is the star quilt for your nephew finished? Did you get his arrival dates yet? Good luck to Stu. Does he still have his girlfriend?

LYN - your post yesterday sounded like you were heading back to the MH at the coast. Which place feels more like home now? You've got some serious nesting going on at the house . . . But the plants are in the MH . . .

Yesterday we finished quilting and binding Fab Farm. All that's left is the label. Then I went into the big closet in the quilting room to select a few spring quilts for the couches and sort of got sucked in. I ended up spending the entire morning cleaning/sorting/pitching. Besides quilts that closet houses games, puzzles, gift boxes, and all my Christmas dishes, glasses, linens, pillows, Nativity sets, etc. I decided I didn't need service for 16 when my table only seats 8 and we're rarely here for Christmas anyway. Ditto my Christmas water goblets and wine glasses (I had 24 of each!). I now have 6 boxes to go to the thrift shop and more empty shelves to fill with quilts! BTW, I counted yesterday, and my estimate of 60 quilts in the house was pretty much spot on. Not to mention about 2 dozen wall hangings and another dozen table toppers and runners. I need another Christmas quilt like I need a case of chicken pox - yet I'm planning one! :lol: Today's POTD is to finish Amara's book and send it off to be printed. Oh - and I never did choose spring quilts for the couches, so I'll do that, too. And make a pepperoni pizza for supper.

Have a wunnerful day!
mary z
>^+^<

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:51 am

Good morning Girls

Did everyone remember to reset their clocks!? I have this really awesome clock, it shines the time on my ceiling above my bed, so I don't even have to lift my head and look at a clock.. I just stare at the ceiling! :lol: :lol: I kept waking up and remembering it was an hour later, but decided, what the heck... I think I'll sleep for one more hour! So I did!

Judi... I was just thinking that since we are now on DST more months than not, why don't they just call this regular time and call November-March "winter time" as DST seems to be more 'real"! I love your plan for the day.... sewing or napping--both are great options!

Lois... Are you going your Pineapple block in all solids with black background!? I bet that will be stunning!!! On my list of things to do is a quilt with pretty batiks with black background... wonder if I'll ever get to that!!!

Valerie.... Is the GO Big one of those cutting things for fabric pieces? Like to cut squares etc. I'll have to do some googling and check it out. Did you get the electric one? Do you have to buy dies for it? I bet it would come in handing for cutting log cabin strips!!!

Maryz.... Sparkling clean? not quite, but clean enough for me! The floors and toilets are clean so at least I won't be embarrassed if someone stops by for coffee! the best part of the day was spent in the sewing room. OH please.. NO MORE SCRAPS! :lol: :lol: Though I have found a local home for most of mine--Peggy has a friend that quilts for charity at her church... so I'm sending them to Peggy's house! Man, that's a lot of Christmas dishes! I just have way too many dishes too, a full set of Fiestaware and some dishes my Son-in-law left behind when he moved to AK. Though they might go in the garage sale this summer as I haven't used them since I moved in here!

Chriss... How did your day of seclusion go? Did you enjoy a little time of peace and quiet except for the sound of your sewing machine running? On the news I saw that Joann has filed Chapter 11 Bankruptcy and even tho I don't know much about the legal stuff, it keeps their creditors away until they can get their act together. All I know is, they don't pay their help much... I have seen a big turn over at the store closest to me.

It's a beautiful sunny day here, but not very warm.. tomorrow however sounds like a nice warm day and with luck I might get a little more rearranging done in the garage. After a quick trip to the PO to mail off my lotto blocks! My sister's Daughter-in-law and family live just down the street from me (near my old house) and they are coming up for my BIL's birthday today at the local bowling alley, so I'm going to go visit there for a minute this afternoon. But in the meantime I'm going to be in the sewing room.

But first.... more coffee!!

See y'all tomorrow!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:19 am

Good morning!

Beautiful here and I'm almost completely ready for church. Just need to slip into my dress and walk out the door. I'm the chorister for today, so I get a nice soft comfy padded seat in the front.

Some of you collect tons of books, me, it's dishes! I love dishes! When I was a little kid, my favorite spot in the department store was the fine China section. My mom made me walk through with my hands behind my back, slowly, so I wouldn't knock any over. Oh, the crystal glassware too. I would have a hard time getting rid of any of mine, they're like my kids! :)

After church, I will head down to play. That is after the kitchen is back 8n order. I had the little girls and Ethan last night. So they made dinner and cookies. Straightened a bit, so I'll finish. Even though they're cousins, they act more like siblings!

Enjoy your day,
Hugs,
Jana

womster

Post by womster » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:45 am

Good morning!

Judi – I am with you regarding DST. I understand why you have to wash those blue walls. I vote for a chair nap.

Lois – sounds like you got started on your pineapple blocks. Enjoy.

Valerie – what wonderful news about Josiah. And Xavier and his army crawling – how cute! Lina – 3 going on 14?! I don’t think I could survive another puberty. I’ll have to look up what a Go Big is.

Maryz – haha – I agree! Maybe I should leave a list of things people should do when I’m gone that I couldn’t be bothered with. I’m so glad David is doing well. How very strange that he was misdiagnosed by four doctors. Wow. My poor BIL – he got a horrible case of hiccups (his esophagus is very irritated) and had to go back to urgent care because they were so severe. I saw my sissy yesterday and she looks great – she says she’s 80% recovered. My BIL lives in Colorado Springs, and my sister over in Littleton. Funnily enough – it takes about the same amount of time to drive to either. Oh heavens – your story about Dan Schlumpt made me choke on my coffee. I think you dodged a bullet with that last name… Dang I wish we were closer – I’d love to take those Christmas things off your hands.

Maryq – ugh to the clocks. I replaced the one in our bedroom because it was supposed to automagically adjust for DST. Nope. How fun to have the birthday party at a bowling alley. Have fun in the sewing room.

Jana – hope it doesn’t take too long to get the kitchen back in order.

Chriss – my door is always open as well. We have the apartment in the basement – I’m sure Moose would like to play with our dog if you’re travelling with company.

I am still having trouble sleeping – the afib is keeping me awake. Looks like I’ll be headed back for another ablation sooner rather than later. I just hope I can wait until after the OH girls have had their visit.

Tomorrow they will tear out the old deck. We’re supposed to get a major snowstorm on Thursday, so I don’t expect the new one will be up until the following week. Still no sewing. I can’t wait to get back out there, but am afraid to go when I’m running on fumes. Oh well, this too shall pass. Today will be finishing the taxes (I supervise Jim – ha!) and then a nap and work on my Bible study that I haven’t touched in four days. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:55 am

Good morning everyone! 🌞
Judi, I'm with you on DST! I wish they'd leave it on regular time, it's aligned with the earth and I call it God's time 🥰
Sharon, I'm with you too on DST. I hope your afib behaves.
Lois, the pineapple block is one I want to try, looking forward to seeing yours!
I was going to say more and can't remember now 🤦‍♀️ this happens a lot since I had covid and it drives me bonkers 😜 😳 🤪
You all have a great day!
Tina

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:19 am

Good morning from the coast of Texas.

Lori, I/we were at our Hill Country house west of Austin for all of Feb and until yesterday. I drove 253 miles down to the coast, near Corpus Christi, to the RV Park where the Motorhome is parked. This is where we have wintered since 2007.

MaryZ, by plants I think you mean my roots. Yes, my roots are still with the Motorhome but I know there's a slow transition happening. But, in case you meant my Plants....I take my Violets with me and my friend here waters my 3 outside plants. :lol:

Valerie, I looked up your new toy. You will have fun playing with that. Glad to hear Josiah is doing well. 3 is a good age to start picking up toys and helping out. Did your DD decide to quit her job? Seems she has more than enough on her plate with the grands. Enjoy your visit.

Lois, I'm curious what book you bought with the ruler. I, too, want details.

Chriss, I hope you had a good 'You' day. Is there a chance that your Dad could come stay with Jerry so you could go get your machine and get groceries? Or maybe Dad could pick up your machine for you.

The drive to the coast was nice. The Bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrush are blooming along the roads. There's also a bright pink, but I don't know it's name. The monitor in the MH said chassis battery low when we walked in. Please cross your fingers that I can get it started today and run for a while. Hoping it's a fluck with the monitor. I make a list of what has to come with us, pills, dog food, CPAP machines, etc. I was packing up the CPAPs and realized Garry's could use a new hose and since I had one at the house I would put it on. That was a big mistake. I unpacked it here and the elbow connector that hooks the hose to the mask is still on the old hose, in the trash at the house.

I forgot to tell y'all that my cabin shell is in the framing stage. I was looking at interior pictures on the company website and noticed that they put cross braces on rafters but only like every 3rd one. I think more would be needed to finish off the ceiling, so I called. For $50 more they're going to cross brace the others. Since it's in framing, it's an easy add. It would have cost a lot more if my handyman had to do it.

Today I will get my machine set up and maybe work on lotto blocks. I will go to the gospel jam this afternoon.

Hope y'all have a great day.
Lyn

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:41 am

Good morning. It's going to be a gorgeous day today. The online weather report says temperatures will drop. Today it should be 60 tomorrow 57, now that's quite a drop. We are supposed to see the 80's next week.

My all about me day has been postponed to today. I did make it to the grocery store and got everything I needed. Glad I went yesterday instead of today. I'm thinking that very soon there will be many all about me days and I won't have to hurry and do my grocery shopping, or anything else for that matter.

Judi, if you end up in a chair napping, I hope you also have footstool. I failed to set my clocks ahead and was woken up at what I thought was 4:30, now I have to figure out what time I really gave Jerry his morphine and count 4 hours for his next dose. I agree, leave my clocks alone.

Lois, I love a black and bright colored quilt. Yours will just be stunning.

Valerie, glad you made it to the kids house. Love that Josiah stands in front of his crib for a nap and Xavier can fly across the room at full crawl. Give those cuties a smooch for me, they added a smile to my morning.

Maryz, I saw the cutest thing. A dad and daughter each year on her birthday danced, then at her wedding they played the video of them dancing at birth, one year old, two years old, you get the idea. It was really cool. Your closet sounds like a rabbit hole, nice to have some empty spaces to fill up. Couldn't put the bed by the window, it's all about available plugs. Lately he sleeps his days away, I often look to see if he is even breathing.

Maryq, no, I didn't remember to set my clocks. I thought it was to be done on Sunday and not Saturday night. So, I read through the posts here, saw yours and promptly got up and changed all 6 clocks. Have no clue how to set the one on the thermostat or the phone so ehty will be ready for October when we change the clocks again. Happy birthday to your BIL, I would love a slice of cake, have one for me.

Jana, we had a drug store in Mariposa when I was young. I loved going there. They had glass shelves full of glassware, glass nick nacks and other breakables. It was kind of like going to a Hallmark store, so much fun stuff, and a pharmacy in the back. I also walked with my hands clasped. I now walk by breakables holding onto my purse tightly. Enjoy church.

Sharon, I'm sorry the Afib isn't playing nice. Hope you get a good nap in today. Your deck will be so nice, what a great place to sit and bbq. I would love a nice sized deck for front porch sitting. Thanks for the invite. You never know, someday I may show up everywhere.

Tina, Jerry had some lasting bad effects from Covid. hope yours don't last.

Lyn, my great grandmother always had violets in her kitchen windowsill. She had them planted in a cup on a saucer. I can picture them now. A good memory. When Jerry and I went to Illinois there were violets growing wild. My dad could help with Jerry stuff but I am not going to bother him. My stepmom has Alzheimer's and he's already got his hands full. I did some real grocery shopping yesterday and if I need something here or there I have a friend who lives here in Catheys Valley, and works in Merced and has many times offered to pick up something if I need her to. I'll pick up my machine probably next month, they will hold it and I also need an oil change. If I have to Hospice will find someone who can stay here and watch Jerry sleep. I get my CPAP supplies from Amazon. Wish I could go to gospel jam

I was thinking the other day, I am so glad I have gotten my body and health in shape. I'm not sure my old self could help Jerry like I am able to do now. After this is over my plan is to start daily exercising. I think maybe a routine is in order until it becomes a habit.

That being said I've decided that I am going to make myself some pancakes, with full on sugar syrup and lots of butter. I hope your day is a wonderful one.

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Sew ins”