Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday March 9,2024

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Saturday March 9,2024

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:02 am

Good morning,

Today is the day I will start my pineapple square I haven't really been sewing so today I'm going to try and pull myself out of this slump that I have been in I went to Joanns to get some black kona for my background because I didn't have anymore looking through their other fabrics they weren't to good this store is not to clean and when the lady was cutting my fabric I said to her where is all your help she told me there is only 2 of us because they cut hours so I might have to start ordering online they wonder why people get frustrated everything is online and I couldn't even use my 20% off your order coupon because it was for online shoppers only :oops:

Well there is nothing more to report everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Re: Saturday March 9,2024

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:13 am

Good morning,

LOIS - Well? Did you do it? Did you start your pineapple? Or is today the day? Joann's is in trouble and closing some stores. I think Chriss's closed in December. I haven't been to the Tacoma Joann's since last year but it's not the store it used to be either. Not sure how much Kona you needed but QIAD had it on sale yesterday in 10 and 15 yd bolts. A 10 yd bolt was $66. I'm also not sure if their sales are one day only or all week.

CHRISS - well, if you ever do make the Texas trip, remember, we're often there in the winter. We're 30 mi south of your BIL. But we're closer if you come visit us in WA and the door is always open.

LYN - I hope one way or another you get the lawn mowed. Was Garry helpful before his strokes? Sorry about the extra trip to Lowe's. Our Lowe's is also a 1hr round trip but Home Depot is only 3 miles away.

JANA - We had to dig holes and add concrete footings, too, when we added the roof to our deck. I think we did 3 footings. Back in our younger years. So what did you work on in the Batt Cave yesterday? You always have something interesting going on down there.

MARY Q - When is the garage sale planned? Is this for the big sale down in WI or are you just having a sale yourself? Or does your condo community have a community wide sale? That would be fun - lots to see/shop/buy but not an overwhelming amount of sales.

SHARONA - You're full of good news! The deck is fixable and not as expensive as you thought and ditto the furnace. Though the suicide story was sad. I've heard it tends to run in families. Did you get your Kona white? Pardon me while I chuckle that you are cleaning before the housecleaner gets there. Though I would, too. And several of our friends also have house cleaners and they do the same thing. Yes, "lupper" is a common meal here, though occasionally we all it "linner". It's the first meal after brunch. :lol:

CHRISS - That chile relleno with the rice and beans in a tortilla sounds so delicious! But yeah - loaded with carbs. Though, no different than ordering a traditional meal. Still carby, but much of it is good carbs, like the beans. That's my justification, anyway. I assume Hospice brought in a hospital bed for Jerry. Is it in the living room? Not that it's any of my beeswax, but since I've been in your huse, I was just wondering, trying to picture your life right now.

LORI - your shamrock/Irish chain wallhanging is adorable! Did you hang it yet? How big is it? Your funny yesterday was funny! :lol:

JUDI - so what's cookin' at your house today?

VAL - safe travels!! Enjoy your visit with the littles!

Yesterday I was up early EARLY - 1:30 am. But I got a lot done. After my walk I cleaned the garage, the downstairs family room, dusted, swept, mopped, then did same in our master bath, straightened up the bedroom, made an apple pie, swept dry leaves off our deck, and wrote our little book for Amara. I swapped out a few quilts I have displayed, sorted out some things in my sewing room, wrapped Amara's and a friend's birthday gifts, gave myself a manicure, and then we met friends for lupper at 3pm. Whew! A busy day! I fell asleep at 7:30 and slept for 8 hours. But now I can coast the rest of the weekend! Bill has Fab Farm half quilted so if he finishes that today I will put a binding on and then a label. Then Amara's birthday box will be ready to ship.

So, today is an open slate for me! Yay for me! We are to the point of choosing photos for Amara's book and sending it off to Shutterfly but that's a "together" project and, talented as he is, Bill can only do one thing at a time. And he's between coats of paint on new backsplash he's putting in our trailer kitchen, too. But I'm hoping by the end of the weekend the book and the quilt will be done. In the meantime, I'm going to go back to pulling fabrics for my Scaredy Cat Christmas. I'd actually like to make 5 of this quilt (2 DD's, 2 Sisters, and me) but not sure I can handle making five of the same pattern. All at the same time. So we'll see how it goes.

Happy Saturday!
mary z
>^+^<

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:41 am

Good Morning It rained most of the day yesterday and last night. so it will be indoors today. Some how the lock on the back door is broken. You can put the key in but it will not unlock. We can lock it for the inside but not unlock it from the outside so that will be the project of the day. unfortunately all the kids have this key to our house and so do our neighbors across the street so we will have to get new keys for all of them...and it also fits the front door. so it is a big deal. Ken wants to replace the front and baack now...with the same key. We will head out in a few for that ( home depot) and then I need a few groceries... someone ate the last of the cereal and we only have 2 eggs so Ken has decided we will go to breakfast too.
I started sewing the pine valley Christmas blocks...I need 25 but they are very easy. I did 2 last night,,,I will work on that after the running and meals are prepped...All this talk about mexican so I will make chicken enchilladas for supper with mexican rice...i know its a lotta carbs,,,but you have to treat yourself sometimes...
Well I am getting the word its time to go...have a wonderful day,,,prayers for peace and comfort to all who need. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:41 am

A chilly 45° and cloudy this morning.

Yesterday I finished moving rocks and got the N 40 mowed enough. There were spots of tall weeds and grassy stuff that I mowed but made sure to miss the few Bluebonnets we have. Garry did mow Minnie's yard, which was a huge help!! I also ran the weed eater along the fence and a couple other places. I had to run to Lowe's to return a face plate that went to the other door handle. Laundry is clean but not folded and T shirts need hanging before I can make the guest bed. We ran into Kingsland for dinner to a Mexican restaurant we hadn't tried. Why would you put potatoes and carrots in hamburger?? I wasn't impressed at all with the place. The food wasn't very good, there was food on the floor and the waitresses just walked around it. Some ceiling tiles were coming off by front window. We won't go there again.

I have most everything packed and ready to load Jeep. Not sure what time we'll get on the road, coffee is slowly kicking in. It may be busy on the highway, spring break has started.

A Blest day to All.
Lyn

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:13 am

Good morning!

Strange start to today. Both Michael and I woke up with a start and thinking it was Sunday and we had to hurry to get ready for church. Well thank goodness it's still Saturday and the proverbial they didn't switch Daylight savings that far!

Not much happening today. Did my research on Social Security and found the info needed. Now to decide what we're doing. I still need to put the numbers on paper for Michael. It was surprising to learn that a spouse can collect even if the primary earner is still alive. I thought it was only a surviving spouse. Live and learn. I never worked and the little I did before we got married, wasn't enough quarters to qualify for my own pension.

Daniel was over and measured the deck. This is so he can figure a materials list and cost. Stu will be working here, somewhere in the valley with this schooling and apprenticeship. The company in Cache Valley didn't need anyone right now. Stu has a interview with the program in a week or so.

Ethan has a new cello. His previous one was a student size, now is a full size cello. He's grown too big for the first one,, so Sarah found a new to us cello. She got quite a deal on the price too. They ain't cheap! LOL!

So I'll be fussing around in the Batt Cave, seeing what trouble I can scare up.

Enjoy the day! It's bright and sunny here, but still cold!

Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:21 am

Good morning Girls

Got my coffee and as soon as it kicks... you know what day it is!! :lol: :lol: FTD--floors , toilet and dust! I vacuumed yesterday because I couldn't stand it any longer, but the rest needs to be done today!

Lois.. .. When I went to Joann here the other day I noticed it was much quieter. Only 3 people working in the store, two men and one young girl. I bought a bunch of fusible fleece and thought it was on sale, but it wasn't--even tho there was a sign up! But when I realized I took it back in and they honored the price--tho I don't think they were happy about it. But have you noticed the quality isn't what it used to be? I'm kind of wondering how long my little store will stay open.

Maryz.. the big Wisconsin garage sale is the 3rd weekend of May, But Viv's isn't doing that one this year---we needed a break.. But I'm probably going to go down that weekend to visit and maybe we will be shoppers!!! Katie and I will for sure have a sale in our parking lot, but we will see if at our next Assn meeting in April if anybody else in the development wants to join us. There are two big city wide sales over the summer, one in Albertville in June (which borders St. Michael) and one in St. Michael in July or August. I still can't believe you stayed up all night and cleaned! Glad you got a full eight last night!!!

Judi.... You are so right... you need to treat yourself to a carb once in a while. I have an embroidery design "Life is hard, eat a carb"!! One of my favorites. Do you have Perkins restaurants in MI? They make THE best breakfasts! There aren't a lot of them left in MN, but no matter which one you go to, the food is always perfectly done! I'm needing new door knobs here too, my front door has a brass one and it's all tarnished and worn. My son tells me the same thing... get both front and garage keyed the same. I rarely lock my front door any way! :)

Lyn... UGH, for sure I wouldn't go back to that place for lunch/supper ! yuk... Have you been able to make arrangements for some of the inside work on your She Shed? I've been seeing your posts in the Sewing room ideas group,..... nice to see other gals offer suggestions.

Chriss... Did you get your shower? It's a joke with my kids... if they want to schedule something with me, it's "Is Tuesday your shower day" I plan so many things based on if it's shower day. Today isn't but after cleaning the house this morning, I'll probably need one. My door is always open too!, Though I don't have an extra bed, I'll figure out something!! With a little rearranging I could put a twin bed on my sun porch!

Lori... OH yes, my kids know how I feel about things going in the dumpster---which is why I went back to KC's twice! If you get a flat rate box in the mail someday, you'll know what happened---the kids found my address book and send fabric off to each of you guys!

Jana... Don't you just kind of look at your kids once in a while and think... How did they get so smart.... like Daniel knowing all that stuff about the fireplace. My Shawn drove from here to Omaha to TRAIN people at the Omaha office.... I never knew he was so smart!! Makes a mama proud doesn't it!

Guess I better get going, those floors won't wash themselves!! The sooner I get them done, the sooner I can sew! Have 9 pillowcases to make and some other little things to stitch and I'd like to get them DONE!

Wishing you all a most wonderful Saturday

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:26 am

Good morning. It's finally here. All about Chriss day. While the entire day isn't going to be all mine the majority of it will be. Most of the events of this me day will be held in the sewing room. I am going to finish a couple of lotto blocks and then look into making whatever else strikes my fancy.

Jerry has his cow bell, and I will have the baby monitor in my sewing room, I so need a me day. I also need a trip to the grocery store but will have to see when and how that can happen.

Lori, I'm going to pass on the pie plates, but save them just in case. You never know when you will need like 10 pie plates at one time. ugh. My cutting table is also a collection site. I just may join you in having some of that rum when this is all over. It's probably a good thing I don't drink, things here would really be a mess.

Lois, our Joanns closed down and I've read that they have filed for bankruptcy. Not sure how much longer they will be in business.

Maryz, gosh dang I feel like a slug after reading all that you did yesterday. The hospital bed is where the couch was and the couch is in front of the windows. Jerry goes between his recliner and the bed which is only a couple of steps away. The chili relleno is full of bad carbs. But, there are times I have it just because. I just stay away from eating too many carbs, but when I do they seem to make a thud in my stomach, and I feel not up to par the next day. Thanks for the invite.

Judi, I think chicken enchiladas sound marvelous and if I were there I would gladly eat those carbs. I think it will be funny when you go into home depot and ask for 20 copies of the same key. Would be nice if that back door lock simply needed a little shot of WD40.

Lyn, glad Garry mowed that strip. I have been to a Mexican restaurant where they put potatoes in the ground beef. I was shocked to see potatoes in my enchilada. safe travels to you.

Jana, when I was in 5th grade Mike Schneider played the cello. He also asked me to marry him and we got married on the playground, I had to bring my own ring. From what I understand Mike is still playing the cello someplace in NY he is also an actor there. Each time you mention Ethans cello I think of that.

Maryq, I agree, we all do have some amazingly smart kids. Thanks for the offer to stay, maybe some day. I would love to go to that big yard sale. I need to do my floors too. The problem is the kitchen floor. It's a hands and knees job. It's not huge but a lot of work.

Well, I think I have solved everyone's problems this morning. Marilyn was trying to use an app on her phone to receive money from my dad. Dad needed help sending money through the app which usually works with a phone number but in Marilyn's case needs to work with an email, which Marilyn changed. UGH. Jerry has had his salad for breakfast, yes, salad. Which means I am out of salad stuff. He keeps taking off his oxygen and I am ready to duct tape it to his face. Then when he tries to put the oxygen back in, he struggles but won't ask me to help.

Now it's time for my breakfast. I think I will fry some cabbage slices and add fried eggs. I'll be in my room after that. Please don't come looking for me, I will be in seclusion.

Have a marvy day
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:23 am

Then sun is out and it will get to the low 70's today. Doors and windows will be open to let in the fresh air.

Lois, a pineapple block with black background will really pop. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Sometimes you just have to jump back in to get ride of the funk.

Maryz, holy cow you got a lot done yesterday. If our bodies didn't need so much rest, we could be far more productive. And yes, it's hanging in my dining room.

Judi, what will you do with this quilt?

Lyn, I must have missed it, where are you going?

Jana, I guess you're in a hurry to change all those clocks.

Maryq, that's a good idea. I have boxes ready with everyone's name and address with a note inside. Pack as much as you can and send." lol I too hate things going into the landfills. We have turned into such a disposable society.

Chriss, I think I'll just start giving things away as gifts. I bake a simple cake and say keep the dish. I have so many 9 x 13 pans, and my dad has a lot too. I don't think I ever bought one. They came from my grandma. She liked to entertain a lot.

Well Jack took me for my walk this morning. I got the lotto blocks from February sewn together, and the borders cut. After I run the vacuum, I'll put that together. I'll probably go up to dad today and do a little organizing and laundry.

have a great day.

Lori 8-)

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:29 pm

Lori I have 3 grandkids that do not have Christmas quilts. 3 will go to them next Christmas and one I will keep for myself. I was waiting for them to get places of their own but I decided to get them done...then there are the 3 (so far) great grandkids....Geez...I better live a long time....xxxooo

Return to “Sew ins”