Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday March 7

Daily discussions.
patches4

Thursday March 7

Post by patches4 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:05 am

Good morning, sun is shining ans we have a beautiful day to be thankful for.
Some laundry and cards to address then to hand sewing I hope. Quiet day today.
Thinking of all of you, keeping you all in my prayers and sending air hugs to all,
TinaB

FlorenceM

Re: Thursday March 7

Post by FlorenceM » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:24 am

Morning Tina and all to follow,
Yesterday we went to a friend's farm machine lot of used parts and got a bucket for new tractor. Then DDIL came over with grands.
Today is first day to just stay home in a week. Going to clean master bedroom.
Chriss, you and Jerry are on my heart and prayers.
Flo

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:46 am

Good morning Tina and all that follow
You all know me too well. Yep I been the gardens. Specifically the large garden in front of my house. I wanted to see my daffodils. The small ones are in full bloom. The full size ones are just starting to bloom.
I am trying not to watch QVC garden shows. There is roses ,Petunias, and Hydranges that I would love to have. But I will wait. There flowers have got too high.
I have been up since 5 . I have walked Barney and fed him. We walk further every morning. Then I have swept The kitchen ,cleaned the bathroom, and the back porch and entrance way. Next at 8.30 I will go back to large garden. Gish I am making myself tired. :lol: I take afternoons off. After garden duty I will make my bed and do some laundry. And walk Barney again. And thats my day. ;)
My daughter will be in town for the next week. She is going to straighten out the facility where Jim is. He is not getting the care he is paying for. They are scared of her. She used to run a nursing home. She knows the law and rules.
Sewing HMMMM Whats that. I promise I will be back in there tomorrow. Its going to rain. :lol: :lol:
Flo Time gets away from us . especially when we are busy.
Tina Have a very relaxing day.
Chris you and Jerry are in my prayers. I am always thinkingt about you.

Well I need one more cup of coffee before I head out.
Y'all have a great sewing day.
Katy

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:08 am

Good frosty morning,

TINA - sounds like your day is starting out rosy! I can see smiles in your post.

KATY - gosh, you tired me out, too! I see beautiful flowers and wish I had them, too, but I just can't put in any more plantings. I can't afford the chiro bills! I'm happy to hear your DD has the knowledge and skills to straighten out Jim's facility! Is she the DD from FL? I hope she can get him better care. Or find a place for him where he will get it.

LORI - I save all my favorite authors and reread many of them, plus I like the cozy look books give our home. That's odd that your QIAD book is really taking a country wide tour. What book is it? They have an offer today of a pattern for 3 different seasons, using the same pattern. $8.40, free shipping.

CHRISS - I can understand your reaction to the O2 folks. I'm sure they see all kinds of reactions from folks in your situation 💗. And just maybe they learned something from you. Glad you are getting some of those house projects done. I wasn't nearly as productive yesterday as you were.

VAL - So sorry to hear your DH injured his arm. Even sorrier to think that this will affect his fishing trip! Does he have buddies he would go with that could help him? Bummer about losing the fabric you'd planned to use for your Starry Night binding. I lost a piece of fabric a few years back and looked for it forever! After a few frustrating weeks I finally remembered I'd accidentally used it in another project.

MARY Q - standing by in case you need more unicorn fabric. I'm glad you're rescuing things from going to the dump. You get another gold star!

JUDI - I'm with you. I'm not antisocial, but I do prefer to do my serious shopping alone. Except thrift shopping with my sisters. It's more of a social activity than a shopping trip and we always have so much fun together! Glad you found some fabric. Have you started cutting yet? Do you pre-wash? I want you to know I am deep into my hexies now. Last night I found that 4 yrs ago I cut over 100 squares too small! So off they go into my scrap box and today I'll recut. You reminded me that it's time to get out our bird feeder, too, so I did that, washed it good, filled and hung it. We're starting to see more birds this week and I love that.

FLO - I hope your new tractor is a goodie! I love ours. It's so useful for so many things.

JANA - next time I'm at your house and washing my hands, I'll dry them on my shirt. I don't want to risk getting into big trouble! I'll give Soft Fuse a try next time I'm shopping for fusible. But I stocked up on lightweight Pellon fusible at Joann's last sale. I bought a bolt of it when I did my OWL.

LOIS - got pineapples?

Yesterday was chiropractor, errands, and birthday shopping. Besides her Fab Farm quilt we got Amara some cute little outfits and a Fisher Price travel trailer play set that comes with car, people, picnic table, canoe, etc. Because her Nonnie and Pop come in their trailer when they visit! Today Bill will start quilting the farm quilt using a pattern called Hearts Meander, just a meandering pattern with hearts in it. I will be cutting more hexie fabric (I'm using 30's repro fabrics), plus I have a massage appt at 11:00. And David, my massage therapist, found some old quilts he had and wants me to make doll quilts out of them for doll beds he made for his DGDs. So I'm happy to do that as I'll get a free massage!

Wishing us all full bobbins!

mary z
>^+^<

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:13 am

Good Morning I slept til 7. not sure what that was all about. I have stripped the bed and got the laundry going,,today I will clean the 2 main bathrooms and clean out the quilt closet. I have so many quilts I dont know what to do with them. I keep making them and they are stacked up in the spare room. Kids have so many they dont even look at them any more. some have sentimental value, (Like the first quilt i kept that was hand quilted and my mother worked on it when she was visiting,) Another I made before rotary cutter were invented and I traced templates in card board and cut the pieces by hand, that also is hand quilted. I dont particularly like the fabric but it was in style back then...what do you all do with the quilts you make? The 2 oldes ones are fading and frayed a bit on the edges..they were used a lot...and of course they arent very well made as I was teaching myself...and i see my mismatched corners,,and cut off points, but they hold the memories of cutting pieces on the kitchen table for days...and labeling them with masking tape to make sure I kept them in order...then there are all the others I made cause they were cute,,,when Ken asked me who that one was for I would just say "Me!" and laugh, so here I am....Sitting in a pile...wondering,,,,
I hope you day brings you joy. Prayers for you all...XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOO
PS Yesterday I went to the quilt shop and it is small and cute,,but she doesnt have a lot of fabric,,,but it is set up well and the owner is a really nice lady...I showed her my pattern and what i needed and she helped me find the perfect fabric for the trees...then I broused the other fabric for border fabric but didnt find any,,,I have the perfect fabric for border but i dont have enough so I must find a new border. I will go back to this shop and there are a couple of thrifts/antique store around there and a bakery called "Life is Sweet" with yummy all home made goodies...(I didnt stop there but I have in the past)

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:36 am

Good morning everyone. today is Finish it with Annette, meeting at 4 and I may go to slow stitch at 5. Not sure about that yet. Didn't get much sleep last night so slow stitch may not happen. Oh wait, just remembered I have an 8:45 am meeting today too.

Chriss/Lori I am hoping my families don't have the issues with the equipment that you have had. Being night shift you don't necessarily know what happens in the day shift, or at all for that matter. Every visit is a patient I know nothing about.

Lori New Jersey! I guess it is taking a vacation. Aren't you within a stones throw of QIAD? You know I have never been to QIAD. I should take that trip sometime.

Lois and everybody else, I have lots of scraps too if anyone needs them. I also have lots of unstarted projects if anyone needs those!

Chriss I am not sure how your hospice nurse is there, "just a few minutes". Even when I go in the middle of the night they are 30 - 45. Occasionally a bit more.

Maryq what did you find at KC's? Have you heard from her?

Maryz sorry you had to cancel your camping trip. DH will go on his fishing trip regardless of his arm. I did let him know that reeling in a fish with one arm would be a bit difficult. Our son will be there so guess he can reel them in.

Not much else new here. Hope your day is filled with love and joy, blessings to all in need. God knows who you are.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:54 am

Good morning Girls

Been up for a while actually (usually this is the first this I do in the morning) but I've decided that I am going to have to start closing my bedroom curtains--they are dark blue--the sun is getting up too early and I find myself awake when the sun comes up now!!

Tinab... The sun was shining when I got up... now it's gone under some clouds... I wonder if we get some rain, we could kind of use it. And if it does rain, I'll have another excuse not to go out today!

Flo.... Don't you just love those days when you don't have to go any where!!

Katy... You make me tired too!!! Last year we dug out some of my shrubs along the front of my house.. I so want to plant some small hydrangea bushes there. Have no idea how expensive they might be.

Maryz... Found some unicorn fabric at the warehouse! Actually I looked and looked and then, as I do around other women at a fabric store, I started chatting and one gal pipes up and says "Oh here's Unicorn fabric!" I was a good girl though and bought only what I needed-- and a couple rems I couldn't resist. I've turned in my key to KC's apartment so there's no going back!!! In all the fabric Katie has brought back, I now have one tote box of just 30's--in case you run out! She doesn't like 30's.. can you imagine. I bought the "Millie's Dresses" pattern and I'm itchin' to start it, but will wait until wedding quilt is done!

Judi.... Same problem here, so many quilts and no place to put them. I have a bag in my closet with some, a table in my bedroom with them piled, my quilt rack and a cabinet full. Most of these I'm going to send out to South Dakota with my brother. In a box in the garage is the first quilt I ever made too--a "round the world" Make by cutting 4" squares by hand and laying each square out on my bed in rows! Queen Size! I'm amazed it turned out as well as it did.

Valerie... Still have not heard from KC, but I did find a few interesting things at her place yesterday; a little more fabric, another laptop computer that works great (so far) a neat shelf thing to hang on a wall (hhhmmm where can I put that :lol: ) I did leave some stuff behind that will likely end up in the garbage but I could only fit so much in my car. How is DH's arm? Did he have an MRI yet?

Chriss..Lots of thoughts and prayers are headed your way! Katie went out to her fabric hoarder house yesterday, I told her to watch for baby stuff!!! Her car is full this morning, as is mine--so I told her "I'll show you mine if you show me yours!" Our garages share a common wall so I don't have to go far!

As you can imagine being gone all day yesterday, I got NOTHING done here at home, so it's a 2 coffee pot day here. I found fabric for the pillow cases I want to make so will get that ready to go and then get the messes tamed. The gremlins had a great time while I was gone. Must unload dishwasher and then find a home for all the stuff I brought back. I just wish it was a tad warmer so I could work in the garage without freezing my fingers!

Wishing you all a most wonderful day!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:12 am

Good morning!

My day yesterday was turned upside down. I didn't need to do the cello run, instead Stuart did that, but I had the little girls instead. We had fun!

Today we have a appointment with our financial guy. Just routine, nothing fancy. So not in the mood for this. Then a quick stop at the eye glass place to pick up my glasses and then the grocery store, Michael needs munchies- veggies to crunch on.

Daniel was over and he and Michael discussed the way to build the railroad shelf in the utility room. Daniel will be batching it as Kari has to travel for meetings in Iowa. Karlie is going to California with Sandee to visit her other grandparents. Sandee has family near by that she is visiting, so it makes it easy for Karlie to visit too.

Matthew and family are leaving on a Mexican cruise about the same time. They will visit Disneyland first. Kate and Aaron will be here, watching the ground being broken for their new house. It will be busy for all here. That is except Sarah, she wants to stay home!

Me - I'm just sewing!

Enjoy the dwy!
Hugs,
Jana

womster

Post by womster » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:22 am

Good morning!

It's been awhile for me. Our relatively new furnace (I think it's four years old) has stopped working again. It is 58 in the house now, and cold weather is coming. -Sigh-

We have to get the deck replaced - it's literally falling apart. So I've been working that as well. My laptop (windows 7) has finally begun to display problems, so looks like I'll need a new one soon. All that's left is for the fridge to quit working...!

My second sister down had her hysterectomy yesterday and seems to be doing well. She took her dental xrays to show the anesthesiologist that she, too, has a very narrow airway. I think we're all a little gun shy after my mishap. My BIL had surgery to remove three of the bone anchors - hopefully that will allow the nerve to heal and he can use his left arm again. We won't know for at least two weeks.

That's all that's new here. No sewing for me yet, and I can't wait to get back out there. Oh - re the magnetic seam guide I purchased - it's made by Pfaff (my brand of sewing machine). They said it is safe to use - just keep it away from the computer screen. There's a huge warning on the box to not handle it if you were a pacemaker. Goodness! Have a fab day. xoxo Sharona

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:39 am

Good morning. Today will be a great day. Not convinced that the sun will shine, but it's going to be beautiful.

I got absolutely nothing done yesterday. Got started then Jerry wanted to talk. He talks and sleeps and wakes and finishes almost where he left off. I get up down so many times that my thighs should be skinny before this is over.

Lori, did you get some purging done at dads? I started cleaning yesterday but it didn't go anywhere. I have big downsizing plans for this house but can't go crazy just yet. I agree about people who provide services but customer service doesn't seem to be a thing anymore. When I have to deal with things like this I just say "I'm surrounded by stupid people" They are probably saying they are surrounded by grouchy people, ha ha.

Tina, enjoy your quiet day. If you feel like stirring it up a bit there is plenty to be done here.

Flo and Katy, thanks for the prayers and kind thoughts.

Maryz, isn't buying baby clothes fun. I saw a onsie yesterday that says my siblings have paws. It will be purchased. I saw that cat tree pattern on Esty.

Judi, glad you got to the quilt shop, quilt shop people are so helpful. I would have inhaled that marvelous aroma as I drove by the sweet shop. I had a lot of quilts also. Marilyn is pretty much the new owner of most of them. His mom and grandma made quilts that we have received. His mom couldn't afford much so most of hers were made from thin muslin and are in shambles. They aren't usable or fixable. Sadly they will have to be taken to the dump.

Valerie, our hospice nurse comes in, asks Jerry questions, takes his blood pressure, checks his oxygen, looks at his legs, then she asks me if I need meds. She's here more than a few minutes but I don't think she's here more than 30. She comes one day a week but told me that if I thought I needed two visits a week to let her know. I also get an aide twice a week who bathes Jerry and chats with him. Monthly I get a chaplain, and some kind of a social worker. Hope DH has a fun fishing trip. Glad DS will be there to help. Sorry you didn't sleep well, that was me yesterday.

Maryq, you are funny, so? did you share peeks in each others garages? you wild woman. It must be fun to go through all that fabric. If Katy doesn't like 30's what style fabric does she like? I like everything, except for glitter and metalic fabric. Enjoy the lap top, I love mine.

Jana, glad when one door closes another one opens. No cello but a girls day instead. Bet the kids are excited to see construction start on that new house.

Sharon, glad your sis is doing well. So I wonder, if you have a pace maker and use the magnet thing will it stick to your chest and you won't be able to get it loose? Or does it affect it's working somehow.

Jerry told me he would like some of his ashes spread on his grandparent's cemetery. The Holson Memorial Cemetery. It's in Lancaster Illinois (St. Francisville, Ill) There was a cholera outbreak and that is why they are buried there. I've been there once, it's got a big monument, it's interesting, but I need to do more research to see if it is doable. Jerry's brother lives in Texas, he told me that he wants me to come for a visit when this it all over. Not sure I will do that. There will be plenty for me to do here.

Last night we had ham for dinner, I need to cut the rest off the bone and cut it up. Tonight, will be ham with mac N cheese.

Time to start my day. you all have a marvelous day,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Sew ins”