Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

MONDAY, March 4th, 2024

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

MONDAY, March 4th, 2024

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:21 am

Good chilly morning,

Brrrr.... 35* but at least there's no precip in the forecast until tonite. Lucky us.

Tina - Easton's birthday cake for Marilyn looked good enough to eat! And Funfetti is just - well - fun! Easton sure looks like Frankie! Good lookin' dudes, both of them!

CHRISS - happy birthday a day late to Marilyn! Did you talk to her yesterday? Sorry you didn't get into your sewing room. But treasure these times and moments. They are golden.

JUDI - Is this the quilt shop that's 25 or more miles away? Going out of business sale? Sometimes, unless I'm looking for a specific thing, I'm almost glad I miss a sale. And I still call myself a quilter. :lol: And curse you - all your talk of hexies made me finally get my hexie project out again. And reevaluate how I was doing it. I haven't touched it in over 3 years. Can I still call it a WIP or is it a UFO? I started it in 2018.

LORI - I hope you get out for your walk today and it doesn't rain on your Jack-bug! Did you get your wall hanging finished?

LOIS - your pineapple quilt done with a black background will be amazing!! I love black and brights. You made me get out my QIAD Pineappe book and start thinking. I hope this passes . . .

VAL - did you get your power back on yet? When I was little and the power would go out Mom had special games she would play with us to keep us busy. In other words, She made a game out of it! It was a fun memory. I did the same with my kids. Now, I still think of power failures as a fun adventure. But we do have two wood stoves, upstairs and down, with flat tops for cooking, and two generators. It might not be so much fun if we were freezing and starving.

JANA - are you enjoying your snow? Because, you know, some of us didn't get any. You hogged it all! Did you get your bathrooms cleaned? I said I was going to do mine - then never gave them another thought all day long! Maybe today . . .

I'm hoping my backing for Fab Farm arrives today. I want to get that finished so I can start my Christmas sewing. But for now, my sewing room is a mess so I really need to do some cleaning in there. And we didn't visit Susie yesterday because Bill got busy with his projects, then he watched a movie, and then we forgot. We are bad friends. So we'll go today instead. And run a few other errands.

Have a marvy Monday!

mary z
>^+^<

WeeOne

Re: MONDAY, March 4th, 2024

Post by WeeOne » Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:37 am

Good morning from the Hill Country.

I was going to tell y'all what's been happening the last few days, but handyman just text and gravel is on it's way.

Be back later.
Lyn

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:47 am

Morning
Yesterday we just sat and had an relax Sunday. Today there are errands to run and uglies...like bathe a smelly beagle.
Maryz, it is nice to grab a jar if sauce for am easy meal. I don't do store bought sauce, my grandma would come down from heaven and smack me....and I saw her right cross knock my brother out cold. My brother Tom was an adult and picking on my poor, elderly grandma...she knocked him out. 45 years later he says he still sees Tweety birds from that episode.
Flo

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:51 am

Good morning!

Yup, more snow this morning. Then it will go on to others. We are still quite cold too.

So, since it's Monday, it's a few spins with the washer. There's not much. And I need a quick run to get groceries. Then home to play in the Batt Cave. The bathrooms did get cleaned.

Looking forward to daylight saving next weekend. I do enjoy the light in the morning.

So not much going on here.

Tina - - what sweetie for Easton to make that cake for Marilyn! Looked very yummy!

Chriss - Happy Birthday to Marilyn too! She can't be that old!

Maryz - you had a chance at my snow first. That storm came from you! Hope the backing fabric arrives.

Well, off I go,
Hugs,
Jana

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:53 am

Good morning It is going to be a beautiful day here 71 in the forcast...The ground is very cold and wet this morning so I might not be able to do yard work 0n the flowerbeds but I will go out and survey and pick up winter trash...Just need the sunshine and fresh air..I will also assess the shred/ barn to see how much cleaning is needed,,,We have squirrels that like to winter over in there with all the black walnuts and hickory nut they get from the yard,,,it needs a big clean up every year..so I will see how that looks.
The quilt shop is 16 miles from me in a town I rarely go through,,,It has a big dragstrip there that Ken has been to many times.to watch races. but I have not gone...I will go to the quilt shop on wednesday. it is owned by a mother and daughter and has been opened for 3 yrsm. It is opened 7 days a week but short hours on monday so I dont want to go late this afternoon..Tomorrow I have a lunch date with a friend and she is not a quilter. Then tomorrow evening is Rykers last hockey game...for the season but he plays little league so we can catch a few baseball games too.
Mary it is my pleasure to get you into hexis again...I have mine sitting out and every so often when I take a break I stitch a few. Keeping it a W I P keeps the ufo guilt from coming in...I have 3 W I Ps of hand work that I work on when the mood strikes...I may never ever finish them but they are still my hand work,,,right now I have a cathederal window I shared with you,,,,a gaint box of yoyos, and the hexi project..
Well I hope you all have a great day,,,,prayers for all....XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:06 am

Good morning Girls

Oh my goodness, where did my sun go? It was such a gorgeous day yesterday but today (and the next few days) are forecasted to be not so nice--not bad, just not as lovely as yesterday.

Slept a little later than I meant to this morning, so won't take time to chat with each of you. Have errands to run and need to get in the shower. But I will say I did get out in the garage yesterday and it looks SO much better and I can get my car in with lots of room left over. I should have counted all the tote boxes full of fabric that are out there. Between stuff from KC and what Katie has been giving me... when I won't live long enough to use it all. Later this spring I'll rethink the stash and perhaps set some up for a garage sale or donation box. I know there are a couple local churches that make quilts for charity. I wish you could all come shop in my garage! If you ARE looking for anything in particular, let me know! ;)

That being said, I do have to run to Joann this morning. I've been asked to make some pillowcases for some special kids and I don't have any Unicorn fabric, Minions, or basketball or football fabric (probably the only thing I don't have in my stash) So I'll make a mad dash to Joann and then straight back home to get busy!

Gotta run for now, but will see you all tomorrow!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:29 am

Maryq, your sunshine is over here this morning.

Mary z, yes, I finished up the top. I will layer it today and get it quilted.

I have several tops that I need to layer for quilting. So that's the goal for today.
Have a wonderful day.
Lori 8-)

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:43 am

Good morning. The sun has popped out and is peeking through the grey clouds. I don't see rain in the forecast for the next 10 days. Temps are supposed to fall just short of 60*. If the ground dries up that could be weed eating weather.

I ended up doing nothing but sitting with Jerry yesterday. He told me that after he goes and if I could afford it I should hire a housekeeper and enjoy my retirement. Today, so far, he's been pretty much sleeping. Yesterday he was a little more alert.

He also told me, how to plant tomatoes. Seems he wants his garden to go on, and it will. He reminded me that after I plant tomatoes they still need to be watered. That's a heads up for all of you aspiring gardeners out there.

Today I have two choices. One, I could take a machine in to be serviced. I replaced the foot peddle last year and it helped but it is slowing down again. I have a feeling it's either a wire or it's met it's fate. I also could get a few things at the grocery store. Or, plan two, I could stay home and do a little sewing and clean my kitchen. Someday I will pull my stove away from the wall and clean under it. I want to one day have a stove top and to replace the oven in the wall. I don't like the drop in stove that is there. but that won't happen soon.

Maryz, hope your backing arrives too. You can forget about the bathroom cleaning, it's time to do the kitchen. I've never tried that Murphys oil soap because I've always wondered if it wouldn't just attract any grease and dust. But I think I will get some and give it a shot. My cabinets could sure use a boost.

Lyn, yay for a gravel delivery. How completely wonderful. I got my Costco email the other day and it had a resin kind of a shell, skylights and a window. I thought of you.

Flo, I do buy jar sauce. I could make my own but a pot of sauce would last forever for me in the freezer.

Jana, so very glad you decided to gather the snow and keep it away from me. While you're getting groceries I could use some tomatoes and maybe a cucumber please.

Judi, I don't like going places late in the day either. My thinking is that everything should open at 6am, I like to get the shopping out of the way. Sadly I have to wait for Costco to open at 9am and other stores at 10am. My hexi's are calling me but I have my fingers in my ears and am singing la, la, la, la and chanting I can't hear you. so far it's working.

Maryq, hope your errands are quick. I bet shopping in your garage would be better than Disneyland. Your sun has decided to head west and is trying to peek through my clouds.

Lori, hmmm, I have a few tops needing layering. Wonder if I snuck mine in with yours if you'd notice. Love your shamrock top, really pretty.

I think I will throw a load or two in, get dressed and think about breakfast. Still not sure if the day will be a good kitchen cleaning or sewing. I should pick the kitchen; it's really been neglected.

You girls have a fantabulous day.
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Sew ins”