Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday February 29,2024

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Thursday February 29,2024

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:01 am

Good morning my friends. It's going to be a beautiful day today. We should see rain at about 5pm and it should last through the weekend.

Jerry is sleeping in his chair. He must be sleeping good because Moose just barked, and Jerry slept right through it. I was going to go to the grocery store this morning, but I think I will wait. I don't need anything that bad.

Lois, I just think it's wonderful that you have Olivia to cut your hair. I trim my bangs when I can't see well. Love your blocks.

Maryz, I do think those critters in jammies are cute. I've never tackled something like that . My quilts have pretty much been blocks in a row. Maybe some day. Your sisters will love Christmas quilts.

Judi, I used to have a lot of bulbs planted. The squirrels have eaten every single one of them. Fatcat patterns has a cool fish applique quilt but so does McKenna Ryan.

Flo, most of my property is field. I don't have any animals but do need to make sure that it is cleared 100 feet around the structures for fire.

Valerie, glad the cystogram (makes me think of something like a singing telegram) went well. Thrilled that Josiah is improving. I just keep picturing that cute little face and that big smile. He really is a sweetie. I do have visitors here. Mostly Jerry's mom. She's told him it's going to be ok. I do believe that you actually see people you know. Perhaps it's just a comforting thought but I think people come to help you navigate your trip into heaven.

Maryq, I have two full hutches. Sure wish you could come get one of them. Both are completely full. My grandma got from her grandmother a cup and saucer each year on her birthday. When my grandma died my sister and I put them all on the kitchen table and took turns selecting one. So, I have half of those cups and saucers. What ever I get, granddaughter or grandson, they will get these hand me down cups and saucers. As much fun as I think it would be to go through all the stuff from KC's and play in the fabric I would be completely overwhelmed. Heck, I'm overwhelmed at just what I have.

Jana, I would love to have a person come in and really clean this house. Actually I would love to empty this house, repaint, put in new flooring, and put furniture back into it. Prayers said for Andrew. Hope he gets to go home soon.

Lyn, where are you in Texas? I know those horrible fires are in the pan handle but where abouts are you? Hope your storm door is ready for pick up. Sounds like you are getting a real education about sheds and could likely go into business for yourself installing them.

Valerie, it's important for me that you are still here too.

Lori, how are things going for you?

Well, I can't sit here forever. I need a distraction. Jerry has been sleeping since he got up around 6:30 and it's after 9am. I am just listening to him breathe, and sometimes not breathe. Please add Jerry to your prayers. While I don't want to say it out loud or evey type it, I think, from the sounds he's making and his breathing, that he is getting close. Or this is just a fluke and he will be fine soon. Pray for a peaceful passing please.

Think I will get dressed and have my breakfast. You girls have a marvy day.
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

patches4

Post by patches4 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:50 am

Good Afternoon
Prayers to Chriss, Jerry, Tina R Josiah Andrew and all in need. I have gotten through 8 weeks of mail and got my hair cut. I got my moneys worth because it was grown out. Like it short, however, I always hear people say it looks so good LONGER but they don't have to mess with it. Yes its a bit short now, but in 2 weeks for sure will be better. Had appointments with people who I needed to see and church services of course. Today tomorrow and Saturday will be sewing, I have many tops that are laid out and all I have to do is sew the rows. Should be easy the hard work is done. I have 5 backs done ready to go. Monday here was 77 and came home to backyard filled with pods from locust tree?? Well DD2 helped and 26 and half lawn bags later it was done. Yard waste is collected in two weeks so all bags are against side of house till then. So I have done everything for everyone else and now its just me and the sewing machine, my happy place.
Prayers and hugs to all of you.
TinaB

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:45 pm

Andrew is released and on his way home. Just needs to take a antibiotic, no further oxygen. He sounds like one tired puppy!

womster

Post by womster » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:12 pm

Good evening!

DH and I finally turned the corner with this latest bought of bronchitis.
Yay! We still tire easily but are starting to feel so much better.

Need to go catch up on y’all. Xoxo

Return to “Sew ins”