Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday February 25,2023

Daily discussions.
patches4

Sunday February 25,2023

Post by patches4 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:42 am

Good Morning all,
This is the Day the Lord has made let us rejoice in it.
Snow from Friday night is melting and the sun is trying to shine. Will be upper 60 on Tuesday then storms.
Have some outside work to attend to before the end of the week.
Good to be home. Have some paperwork to look at and gather tax stuff too. Saw my good friend who had a minor minor stroke on Friday and went to family baby shower yesterday with two daughters a 21/2 trip back and forth so much of day gone and today is church and chilli cook off at noon. Had to go to grocery store. Been moving since I got home. Sewing machine not yet up but will be. Not adjusted to Illinois time still on east coast time. Up at 535 this morning but did not want to disturb son who was sleeping he comes and stays and goes to church on Sundays. Actually had all three kids yesterday together. DD from Wisconsin minus grands came for shower too so we had impromtu birthday party with cake for her since I won't be here on St. Patricks Day her birthday. It was fun, marked something off the bucket list, had dessert first before she had to return to Wisconsin.
Prayers for all .
Have a blessed beautiful day. Today is a gift from God and make it a good one.
Hugs to all,
Tina B

velvet

Re: Sunday February 25,2023

Post by velvet » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:04 am

GOOD SUNNY SUNDAY!!!
I hope all is well here. I've been reading the post and when I want to post its to late in the day. The days get away from me. Hubby and I have finally gotten over colds, which was crazy for over 2 weeks. Not covid just lingered YUK!! My DDIL had a double ear infection along with throat infection. Now hopefully, we are all on the other end of this.
Sewing on UFO's and I realize it I'll never finish them, I keep on trying LOL
Well time for coffee.
I hope everyone can have a great day
Diane

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:05 am

Good morning,

Is it Sunday already?? Where has this week gone??

JANA - you certainly do have bragging rights! What brave and talented littles you have!! You do have a super neat family! I enjoy hearing of all their exploits, the littles included!

LORI - Happy birthday to your DD. How old is she? Seems several of us have 47 yr old babies this year, but you don't look old enough to have a baby that age! Do you try to do yard work at your house and your dad's too? What a brave little daffodil! I'd never heard of that author or her book so I Googled it. Nice letters! Especially "O". Though it sounds like you need special rulers to make some of those letters. Lori Holt's Spelling Bee book has upper and lower case letters, numbers, and all punctuation. In 6" and 12". All simple piecing.

LYN - It's very hard to keep up with our forum when we have company that is with us all the time. I love having visitors but it's so peaceful when they finally leave. A couple came in their motorhome once (from Texas). We'd met them years ago around a campfire gathering in a cg in Georgetown. We socialized with them and other couples for the month we were there and threw out a casual, "If you're ever in WA . ." kind of invitation." And a few years later they took us up on it. Which was great. EXcept they never would tell us how long they were planning to stay! It ended up being 3 weeks!

JUDI - welcome home!! You must be worn out after those two long days! Being a passenger is almost as tiring as being the driver! I bet you're doing laundry today! And maybe some grocery shopping?

MARY Q - well, uh, happy anniversary?? Hard to believe it would be 51 years. Used to be it was amazing if a couple lived to celebrate 50 years. They were so OLD. My 53rd anniv was a couple weeks ago. I really AM old!! And what a great idea! We should all get together for Chore Parties! You can be a mopper, Judi can wash windows, Lois can dust, Katy can wash walls, Chriss can sweep, Lyn can do yardwork, Lori can vacuum, Valerie can do dishes, Flo can wash clothes, and Jana can bake us all cookies for breaktime. And I volunteer my house to start!

FLO - sorry to hear your back is still not healed. Hoping a weekend of resting will put it right for you!

DIANE - sorry you've been sick. I know a lot of people right now who have monster colds or flu with long lingering coughs. It wears them out! I hope yours is gone for good!

TINA B - I had to read your post twice to get it all in - and still not sure I did! You really hit the ground running! And it's harder to adjust to time change coming west than it is going east. Not sure why, but I'm still adjusting! It must have been great to see all your kids!

Yesterday I got the backing made for my Cats in PJ's. I pieced the little girls name, "Rylan" in pink and white. (she LOVES pink). I didn't have enough of any appropriate fabric for a backing so I used two flannels that coordinated. One was kittens and the other was pink/white pin stripe. And I centered the name (6"x30") near the top. Purrfect! Now it's ready for quilting. Today I'll do Addison's unicorn backing. Again, I'm going to have to coordinate two fabrics - unicorns and purple stars. (she loves purple). In the afternoon I got outside to do a little more yard work. We have our front nearly squared away for now and I talked Bill into fertilizing all the rhodies, forsythia, lilacs, and Oregon grape. His response was, "Huh?" I just hope he got them all! This is the man who, at one time, before I met him, was charter president of the Peninsula Rhodadendron Society! But at least we're down to just the side yard to clear of last fall's leaves. What a chore! More tedious weeding can come later. But rain is moving in so we might be stalled on yard work for a while. Guess that means more sewing time!

Happy Sunday!
mary z
>^+^<

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:11 am

Good morning Tinab and all...I am home. We got in last evening unpacked the car and put away what had to be put away, I started laundry this morning and will head to the grocery store in a bit...It is good to be home . thank you for all the travel mercies,,we wont be doing as long a trip next time...2 12 hr trips are not good for these 0ld bones. Ken gets these idea he is 20 and invincible...next year we will take 2 days to come home...
3 weeks of mail will be delivered tomorrow so I will be in my office sorting and paying the bills that came..there should be a few tax papers in the mix so that will have to be taken care of soon too...
I did get a package of assorted 1 yd cuts from a friend and I will put them away,,,(Im trying not to collect fabric but it keeps finding me.) She started out quilting and gave up on it...She makes a few small items but doesbt want a stash so as she finds things she send s them to me....what can I say?
Im off to the store to restock with fruits and veggies...Ken wants greek salad for supper so I need to hit the fresh stuff Was kind if disappointed in the florida produce this year,,,it wasnt as good as it used to be,,,Perhaps the weather has dampened it...nothing was as good or plentiful as usual..not many farmers markets either...
Hope you all have a great dayXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:12 am

Morning Maryz and all to follow,
Maryz, I can get the laundry done....my back still not right. We went to mass last night. It was confirmation for the teens so the Bishop was there. I was in line for communion, in the Bishop's line, it was my turn, as I went to step forward my back locked up and I almost pitched forward onto my nose. Joe reached to grab me, the Bishop smiled and gave me an extra Blessing...
Maryq, I usually buy my tomatoe plants, but this year going old school. I will start 18 plants hoping to get 12. If all grow, I will share with my daughter in law. I am also starting marigold seeds and basil. Both growing near tomatoes help them to thrive.
Need to scoot.
Flo

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:58 am

Good morning everyone, sorry I missed you all yesterday. I was a bit under the weather with my IBS, such pain and I slept most of the day. Feeling better today but time to really watch what I eat again. Pain is much better today.

Jana so nice to have a baptism. Not sure what a chorister does but it sounds like it was a nice day for all. Do you celebrate after with a bit of cake, etc. I have also been thinking about an Aququilt. I would want an electric one though and they are pricy. I see they are on sale though now.

Lori today is DH birthday. I did get a card but haven't been shopping for a gift. I don't know what he wants. I usually just let him go buy his own. Maybe he will want to go to the guitar shop. This is our week for BD, Grandkids Dad's was the 21, DD 22, DH today, Sister 27 and DGD 28. Then that is it until June. Yes, there is always something to do when caregiving.

Lyn what did you have for breakfast? Coopers, Uhm, my grandmothers maiden name was Cooper. I think when her father died (she was about 8) that was the end of that line. She was an only child.

Judi that's a long day especially driving. I am glad you got home safely and everything put away already. Wow! I don't want a stash either, it just keeps building up. I think I am going to have time to make all these quilts but I am not living in reality I guess. I may sew a bit today after I get to my charting.

Maryz I have no company and still can't keep up! I so try to visit everyday but just don't always have the time to spare. Wow, we could all have a wonderfully clean house. Yes I can do the dishes, I have a dishwasher! I name of the pattern I am doing is Waste Knot. Let me see if I can post a link to it. You can find it on facebook but not really a place to buy the pattern.
https://www.clothcarousel.com/module/cl ... knot-quilt

Diane nice to see you, glad everyone is on the mend.

TinaB happy you could get together with family. My family just lives too far away for frequent visits. I am going to try and go to Fernly to see the grandkids the 9th and 10th of March if the weather allows.

Chriss You can't fool me, there is no way Marilyn is going to be 21! That is impossible! Glad Jerry got to go out for a bit.

Well since I spent yesterday in bed, I best get things going as I am now a day behind. Have a blessed Sunday.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

velvet

Post by velvet » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:13 am

MARYQ--I sent you a reply but I don't know if it was sent to you or not. Please let me know.
Diane

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:15 am

Good morning Everybody!

So nice to wake up to a sunny day. Not very warm but it's sunny bright for sure! Makes me think about actually getting out of the house today! Not going to be super warm, but a little trip to Target for some groceries is on the agenda.

Tinab.... Hey Welcome home!!! No place like it is there!? Will you go back to VA? Did you leave DH there? Did you get your bunion checked out! You sure have been busy!!!

Diane...Must be ESP, I was just thinking about you this morning, that I hadn't seen you for a while. Did you happen to see a PM from me?

Maryz... No kidding this week has gone by fast!!! I LOVE your house cleaning plan!! Ok, I'll mop, but I don't do "on the hands and knees" You'd need a Hoyer lift to get me back up off the floor. I sure don't know how you guys get all the yard work done... just thinking about it makes me tired... and grateful that I don't have to do it!!

Judi...Welcome home to You too! I suppose that's one nice thing about pulling trailer/camper..... you kind have to take the drive home a little slower! And that is always a fun chore... going through all the mail, though I bet it's mostly the junk mail ! Seems that's all I get these days!

Flo... How cool... a special Blessing from the Bishop! When my kids got confirmed at the Catholic Church, they didn't get the Bishop, But I do remember going to a Cathedral once for somebody's confirmation, ... or was it the Basilica?

Valerie... Oh dear, sorry to hear you were "buckled under" with IBS pain. I've heard it can be really nasty. My BFF has crohn's and has to be SO careful all the time about what she eats. That quilt pattern is gorgeous and I looked at it think... hmmmm , could I figure that one out on my own? Nope, probably not!!

Lori.... So here's the thing... I HATE scrubbing floors.... and call me crazy by I don't mind doing toilets! Or dusting or vacuuming, in fact I vacuum quite often because I love to see the lines on the carpet! :lol: :lol: As Chriss and I have chatted before, it sure would be fun to do a kind of "domino" cleaning/organizing thing... I go to Chriss's, Chriss goes to your house, you go to Maryz's, Mary goes to Lyn's, Lyn goes to Jana, Jana goes to Valerie etc etc. Wouldn't that be a hoot! Oh wait, who is coming to my house?

Chriss... What do you think of the plan!? :lol: :lol: It can be rearranged ! :lol:

Well, guess I better get in the shower and decide if I really want to go get groceries or not. It's not that I really NEED anything today and I could wait until tomorrow when I'm going out anyway. I'm going to make one more trip to KC's and see what she left behind that I can rescue. I think there might be a few things that I gave her that she left, so I'll grab those. I haven't heard from her, so I'm assuming all is well. For my part, after tomorrow, I'M DONE!

Do you guys ever have nightmares about a quilting project? Last night dreamt that I had a quilt all done and was ready for the binding but couldn't find the fabric for it!! I think I woke up in a cold sweat!! :lol: :lol: Thankfully it was just a dream!

Wishing you all a most wonderful, peaceful day!

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:29 am

Good Sunday morning to All.

Having company was nice, But sitting out here on the back porch in my robe with coffee alone is good to!

MaryZ, Your cleaning plan sounds good, in print.... Not too sure about execution of said plan. 😄

Chriss, You are a fast lady, already having taxes done. I haven't even downloaded TurboTax yet. I have to call and see if I can move last year's stuff to new laptop or if I have to use old laptop.

Diane, Posting in the afternoon still works. I think most all of us look at yesterday to make sure we see all posts, I do anyway. Hope y'all are 100% soon.

I found out that I could write checks off of my Wells Fargo savings account. So I have ordered checks and they will be here later this week. The first check will be the deposit for my shed. It's really important to me that I pay for it with my money.

After more consideration, I have decided to put the shed on the east side of the carport. That is farther away from the house by about 15 steps, but will be easiest to prep and place building. I will have more of a view, so will add an extra window on east side.

Today I think I will hunt up some fabric and try the March lotto. I may also try and clear a spot out front around some Lantana bushes and plant the Bluebonnet seeds I collected last spring.

Prayers for everyone here.
Lyn

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:48 am

Good morning. It's going to be a fantastic day today. We may see 70*, perhaps it's spring already?

Jerry had a energetic day yesterday and I was able to go take my machine in for repair and go to the quilt shop that was closing. I made sure Jerry had stuff in the fridge to eat, he had lots of water, and his meds were ready for him to take. He watched Mission Impossible on Hulu and I texted him to remind him to take his meds and to check on him while I was gone, which happened to be all day. To quote Sharon, it was a glorious day. I had a girlfriend go with me. It was marvelous.

But, to have a me day I had to put my Feb lotto blocks off until today. I will get them in Monday's mail and if they make it in time for the drawing great, if not there is always next month.

My machine should be ready in a few weeks or so. Probably about the same time I will need an oil change. Ironically the car dealer is across the street from the sewing machine place. Win, Win. I may also get to go to that closing quilt shop again. They don't have much left but do have machines. Right now everything is 70% off except for the machines. They sell Babylock, and I like Babylock. Perhaps I will get lucky.

Jana, high five to Emma. wow, I am very impressed. I bet you and your family sat up straight and tall when she opened the service, and in front of so many people. Give that girl a huge squeeze from me, I am quite proud of her.

Maryz, why do I always have to sweep, can't I just for once dust instead?

Lori, hope DD had a wonderful birthday, will your dad go with you to celebrate? How is the hunt for someone to look in on dad going so you can have away time? I'm still not ready to have someone come in to stay, but will one day get to that point.

Judi, how nice of your friend to give you so much wonderful fabricl Kind of silly, as much as I would love someone to give me fabric I also don't need more fabric. I've been thinking of taking my scraps and bagging them up to take to the thrift store.

Valerie, love the waste knot quilt. It will be a beauty.

Maryq, love the cleaning plan. Probably best we don't travel in a pack and go from house to house because nothing would get done. I'm packing to go to Lori's now and will even include her dad's house while I am at it.

Lyn, I think the peacefulness of sitting on the porch in your robe and slippers sounds like bliss. I am glad to have the taxes done. It was so much easier than I thought it would be. I was glad that Jerry had set up an account with turbo tax over the years so when I needed to look at last years the information was there. I will put the past years on a flash drive just so I have them. I received a notice that they refunds will be in my account next week, probably just in time for Jerry's medical bills to trickle in because that is how God provides. I like that you are moving your shed, it will be nice to have a better view.

Ok, church on tv is over, Jerry is sleeping in his chair, both breakfast and the dishes are done and I am dressed. I'm headed into my room to put together those Feb lotto blocks and get them ready for Monday's mail. Then I will start emptying the spare room into the garage. I want to make donation piles and fill the kids totes. Hoping to get a run up to the grocery store today because I failed to thaw anything out for dinner.

You girls have a marvy day,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Sew ins”