Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday February 22

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Re: Thursday February 22

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:04 pm

OMG Chris's congratulations a grand baby of your own I am sooooooooo happy for you.

Lois

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:30 pm

Chriss- Yippee, squared! What wonderful news! Start a paper chain like we did at Christmas as kids, as a count down to September!

On the care giver, I so hear and feel for you as well! Michael has been giving me fits too. His memory lacks much! I need more patience and when it gets short, I disappear to my Batt Cave for a time. Then I've reset and go back upstairs. Many hugs!

Jana

patches4

Post by patches4 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:00 pm

Congratulations Chriss on becoming to be a grandma! It’s a great profession. I just love love the idea of doing something special for your DDIL. You are such a kind gracious person. Caregiving is tough. We all get stretched and stressed out. Step back breathe and repeat. Hug yourself from each of us and return. Remember you’re doing a great job.As for the ideas spinning in your head and write them down so you can choose what to do. I know have 6 grandchildren 18 mos to 14. Looking back on my 5 littles I wanted to make a quilt for each really bad. I had a pink and white sashed I spy quilt I was going to make with a teddy bear appliqué on its back for a girl and blue and white sashing I spy quilt it it were a boy. However we were blessed with twin granddaughters who came early and quilts never went further. Then helping DD with twins etc. they didn’t get done. I wanted them to have something from me. SIL mother had someone make them quilts and sent them to the kids and each child has one from her who lives in Costa Rico. THEN a long time friend who I don’t see but once in a great while who lives in Texas made a quilt for each kid. She’s the one in 1980 when I told her I was taking a quilting class said why cut up fabric into pieces and sew back together? She has had a long arm business for over 10 years. Moral of my rambling is DO what you want don’t let someone talk you out of something you want to do for the little one. I hope to still make my grands something they will have for awhile.I just know you will be great all of the grandmothers in this forum are great!
Side note, bunion is on right foot have had it at least10 years not painful just makes buying and wearing shoes difficult. Walking in socks looks goofy too. It’s on my right foot so no driving a car but new sewing machine has knee control I just sew slower still try to understand machine. That’s what I am hoping to do.Tonight DD said she is going to miss me next week . I know she really appreciates stuff getting done with her busy schedule. So since I can have the bunion done while DH is still here in therapy I can still help my DD and go home finally ready to sew sounds like I can make everyone happy.
Everyone have a great evening,
TinaB
Patches4

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:41 pm

Hi everyone!
Tinab, I'm doing so so, good days and not so good days but it's ok.

Chriss, congratulations! I am sooooooooooo happy for you all!!!!!!

It's 12:40 right now, I have an ice pack on my leg, it's been giving me fits hopefully it'll be better today.

Sleep well
Tina

Return to “Sew ins”