Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday February 18,2024

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Sunday February 18,2024

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:41 am

Good morning,
Well yesterday was a snow day while Bill was outside with his brother Ed cleaning up the snow I was inside cleaning the house when he was done he came inside helped with the cleaning we were done before noon I even did 1 load of clothes.
Today I've already started cutting the settling blocks that I'm replacing in the BD quilt .
Hopefully I can get this put together.
Mary z how many more days will you be on the road?
Well thats all the news from here I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

patches4

Re: Sunday February 18,2024

Post by patches4 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:02 am

Good Morning one and all,
This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice in it.
Church today then some laundry then back to my Bonnet Babies, I have 4 done only 8 to go. I will not be able to put sashing and borders on till April when I get home and baby will be here by then, however too small to use it but yet again I will be a bit late. It’s the thought that counts, right? I am amazed how you all get so much done, I am always getting distracted.
Sad news, the head of our quilting group at church who has not come much for awhile because she is taking care of her DH with dementia, had a stroke on Wednesday. Now she will have to go to a facility and DH will have to go to memory care facility. Poor children all at once.
So my friend and I will now assume leadership. I am going home end of February for a week to check on the house, and hope to get the tops made they laid out already. They did the hard work for me so I only have to sew. That should get them through March if they meet with Easter coming and I should return home April. My DH therapy for ankle will have to wait as he is having hernia surgery beginning of March so I’m coming back now through end of March. We never have had Easter with DD1 so I am staying for sure throughout March. Can it plan anything farther out but may have to return to check on house in April.
So much sickness, and troubles around, so praying the Lord helps all in need in his divine wisdom and time. Everything is in His hands and care. That is for all on this forum and in our lives. Thanksgiving for the blessings we all have received too. Lifting all of you up in prayer,
Blessings and hugs,
TinaB
Patches4

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:21 am

Good morning..It is pouring rain here amd I believe the Daytona 500 will be postponed...they will try to race on monday...(Presidents Day) or Tuesday if the rain keeps up. I am not a race person but I know you are out there,,,
We will head to my sisters house today for a visit...Ken wanted to watch the race in Ron.s man cave but not to be....We only have 5 more days...and the weather insnt very good...but the relax time is...
Tina I pray for you and your hubby that he heals well and you are safe driving back and forth...Lois sorry about the snow...I am anxious to see your quilt.
I did text with Maryz and she said internet was iffy,,,they expect to be home sometime Monday...
Chrissy1's husband is still in th hospital Prayers are greatly appreciated..She is having a hard time...
Well thats it for me....I might sew on the hexis...slow progress on that,,,,Have a blessed Sunday,,,and heres hoping we have good news today for everyone....XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:43 am

Good Sunny Morning!!

Oh yes, we have bright sunshine this morning! Only it's a wee bit chilly! Not too worry, in about 3-4 months I'll be complaining about the heat!!

Lois... Now that's how to do it... leave the boys outside to clean up the snow, while you are inside doing the inside clean up!! I'd much rather vacuum than shovel snow! Be sure to send me a picture when you get your BD quilt done!!

Tinab... That Verse reminds me so much of my Mom.. Used to say that all the time!! And often when I call my brother Tim, we exchange the same message. I even found an embroidery design of that for my embroidery machine! I just may put it on a shirt!

Judi... Sorry you won't be able to sit outside and relax, but even a rainy day is good for something.... stay inside, cozy up with a good book or some hand stitching. Are you getting anxious to get home? These 2 weeks sure went by fast didn't they?

Maryz... Just in case you get a connection... Happy Trails to you today!

Chriss... I haven't heard from KC, so I'm assuming she made her own arrangements for where to stay. We had talked about her finding a hotel for a couple nights so I'm guessing that's what she did--if she found a place that would allow her cat. If you get your lotto blocks done, don't rush to the post office tomorrow as it will be closed for President's Day! :)

Flo... Hope you are feeling better! See I told you... NO Hanky panky on Valentine's day! :lol: :lol:

Valerie... It's a very long story, but KC's children won't have anything to do with her---which I am understanding a little more every day. I have talked to her son and have heard his "side" of the story. She is quite capable of doing things for herself, she would just rather everybody else do it. Her kids don't know she is moving to Arkansas and she didn't want me to tell them. And when she calls them, they don't answer the phone. I loved the little stories my Aunt used to tell when she was in the end stage of dementia---The apartment that she had at the assisted living was the same hotel my folks stayed at when they had been on vacation once and one night somebody came through the ceiling and stole her golf clubs---she never golfed a day in her life!! BTW my lotto blocks are on the way! No mail tomorrow tho

So yesterday was a looooonnnnngggg day!! I was up at 7, left the house at 9:15 to drive 75 miles south of me to attend the funeral. I get there at 10:45 only to discover that the service isn't at 11:00am it's at 3:00PM!!! I'm too far away to go all the way home so I have to figure out what to do for 4 hours!! Luckily the map app on my phone showed me where a Walmart was!! :lol: Just a little south of where the service was, is another town "Faribault" and it just so happens that that is where my parents were born and raised and where my Grandmother lived when I was a kid! So I drove the 12 miles over there, found a Walmart and wandered around for a few minutes, bought some yarn I didn't need and a book to read and oh wait, sweat pants on sale for $7./pr!! Time for some new ones anyway!! After that I drove by my Gramma's apartment where she lived from 1945-1987 and took a picture. It was kind of sad to see it not so well taken care of! I still have the key to Gramma's door! And as luck would have it, I used the Needle Travel app on my phone and found a quilt shop near the church and of course had to stop by. And you just can't visit without buying something.. so I found a new darling apron pattern and a couple yards of fabric to make one. By the time I got done there, it was time to head back to the church. It was at a Unitarian church, which I have to say I know so little about, but it was interesting and good to see old family friends and my brother Greg who had flown up from Texas.

So today I'm going to play catch-up a little and get a few chores done and since the laundry hamper is overflowing I better do that too! And course, a few hours in the sewing room will complete my day!
Last edited by maryq on Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:45 am

Good morning Quilt friends
Well Good news they could not find anything wrong with Stormy. Shes home and parked in garage. They even washed her for me. I am a happy camper.
Today just a few chores then in to see Jim. I have my cleaning schedule all made out then something happens that the schedule has to be moved around. LOL Hopefully tomorrow I clean the entrance way. Then sew. I did get the wing on the chick and both quilts are ready to go to quilter when she calls.
Nothing else happening. Still have snow on have ground but should melt today.
Tinab Be safe out ther traveling. Glad you have your Easter planned.
Judi Enjoy your last five days . To bad if race gets cancelled.
Maryz Where are you and how soon will you be home.
Well thats all from here
Y'all have a creative sewing day
Katy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:19 am

Good morning. It's going to be a soggy day today. I love soggy.

Yesterday I got my cardboard and fallen branches burned. It was my very first burn pile ever. Then my parents showed up with subway sandwiches. I also fixed Jerry's flannel pajama bottoms. Seems I had bought some without an open fly. So I ripped the seam and hemmed all around it. I didn't know an open fly was a necessity, but then I am a girl.

Texted Maryz yesterday afternoon. They had traveled just over 400 miles and made it to Corning Cali just in time to park before the rain hit. She isn't sure she will get here today, their plan is to be home on Monday. They still have about 600 miles to go.

Lois, so nice of Bill to help inside after working outside. He deserves a treat. Maybe you should take him out to dinner.

Tinab, does DD have kids that will need Easter baskets? it would be fun to make a basket for a kid. Hope DHs surgery goes well and that he gets to resume his therapy.

Judi, I sure hope Ken gets to see his race. My dad is a racecar guy. He likes The World Of Outlaws as well as Nascar.

Maryq, It was good that you arrived early for the funeral. And glad you got to see your brother. You got a lot done in that 4 hour wait. I also use needle travel but sadly there isn't anything near me. Thanks for the closed post office reminder. I had to remind my dad yesterday that today was Sunday. I did google post office holiday's to see when the post office was closed. Wehn I worked I looked at a calendar on the wall that told me when holiday's were happening. I havne't looked at an actual calendar in a while.

Katy, we are in the same boat. I also have my plans thwarted by something or someone unplanned that comes up. Glad the car is ok.

Jana, yay, the belt issue is under control glad you were on the job.

My goal today is to tackle that spare room I have been harping about forever, sew, and order Turbo Tax and get started on my taxes. Let's see what my day will really be. ha ha.

You girls have a fabulous day.
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:34 pm

Hi, there!

It's me! mz! We're in Oregon, stopped for the night at a KOA campground - our last night on the road. Being in Oregon feels almost like we are home! This campground used to be an old drive-in theater. The screen is still here and they show movies on it. People can take chairs outside or watch from their RV's and listen over a radio station. Very cool! Would be cooler if they were showing a movie tonite.

We managed to dodge most of the bad weather in Calif the last two days, though as the storm blew over us last night in the RV park, the trailer was really rockin' in the wind and Scottie was barking at the loud rain on the roof. We will be home tomorrow afternoon. Ahhhh...... Home. Where my dishwasher is..😻 I'm ready.

CHRISS - I love outdoor bonfires. I hope your plans for the day worked out.

JUDI - sorry about the rain. I just saw a current forecast for more rain for FL and CA. But I know you'll find something fun to do.

TINA B - bummer about more surgery for your DH. Is this a surprise or did y'all know going in that he needed this operation?

KATY - glad you have Stormy back, but it would bother me that they can't figure out why she overheated.

MARY Q - you made good use of your bonus 4 hours! Is your brother going to hang around a while or flying right back to TX?

LOIS - It feels good when you both turn to and get the chores done so you can both play!

VAL - Is your life settling down yet? What's the latest report on Josiah?

Yesterday I decided I want to make each of my sisters a Christmas quilt. I think Rocky Mtn High that Judi made (from MSQC) will be purrfect for one of them. Now to decide about the other one. Well, we had internet when I started this but suddenly it looks like it may have gone *POOF*! Hope this sends. I'll "see" you maybe tomorrow, but for sure Tuesday morning!

mary z
>^+^<

womster

Post by womster » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:03 pm

Hi ladies -

DH andI have come down with what we assume is the flu. Sick as can be - just wanted to touch base. xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”