Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Valentine's Day, 2024

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Valentine's Day, 2024

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:54 am

Good morning. We are supposed to be on a warming trend and should see 60* but are also supposed to see rain. Not overjoyed about the humidity the warm air will bring with the rain but glad to have the rain.

I have a load in the wash that will be ready for the dryer soon and a load of towels to fold. Bought Jerry some new flannel pajama bottoms yesterday and got groceries. He is doing a lot of fidgeting, and not making sense sometimes. He thought since I hadn't opened the blinds that I was stuck outside and couldn't get in. But he also said Happy Valentines Day this morning. I told him it was going to rain, and he said he was glad the house didn't leak. Just enough funny to keep some levity in our day. Jerry is on oxygen full time now. If he doesn't use it his oxygen level drops into the mid 50's.

Lyn and MZ, a very happy anniversary to you both.

Sharon, so glad Jim has his wallet back intact. Huge blessing. When you find that article for Lori can you share it with me too, please?

Judi, ooohhhh, sauerkraut soup. that sounds heavenly. does it have kielbasa in it? I have tried different brands of kielbasa and just can't find one with the flavor it used to have. What brand do you buy? We aren't big on holiday's either. If we want something or want to get something for each other, we don't need a holiday to do it.

Maryz, dodging the storms reminds me of that game frogger, where the frog tries to dodge traffic. My weather report, for my town says rain Monday and Tuesday. Moose also gets fed whenever. He has a bowl full at all times. He also cleans our plates. It's funny, if we don't give him people food after we eat, he settles for his own food. He has an iron stomach. Jerry says that the reason he needs 3x pants is because he eats a lot and doesn't exercise. So there you have it. He's also lost about 7 pounds in the last month. His logic makes me smile.

Maryq, that Dutton quilt will be great in 30's prints, it will be a happy quilt. I can top your EX card story. One year for Christmas my EX asked me to take his mom shopping, he had her pick out a pair of slippers and he asked me to wrap them and put them under the tree for my Christmas gift. You are kicking tushy on those UFO's. How many are left.?

My dryer should be done soon. I need to do the dishes I didn't do last night. and consider some breakfast. The Hospice person will be here to give Jerry his bath this morning, and then we won't see a Hospice person until Monday.

Hope you girls have a fabulous Valentines Day,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:32 am

MaryZ, The Shed will be placed on the east side of the garage, between garage and carport. So, it's still close to the house. I got a bid yesterday from a company. I told the guy either a 12 x 24 or 10 x 28. He bid the 10 x 28 size. I think that's because I told him out gates are about 14' wide. It would be easier to pull a 10' through.

Lois, I hope you are liking Windows 11. I'm still trying to figure out why it does things I didn't think I asked it to do. Today it has shrunk my screen 3 times and I can't figure out what I touched to cause it.

Judi, I watched a video making the Kawandi quilt. That's interesting. I just might take some fabrics and try making a topper for the little table my TV is sitting on.

Sharona, Glad Jim got his wallet back. Enjoy Bible study.

MaryQ, Garry picked this date to get married. At first I thought it very romantic, but have decided it was convenient for him to remember and that's why he suggested it. :lol:

We don't usually get gifts for each other. Yesterday the touch control faucet arrived for the kitchen and I told Garry, "Happy Anniversary to Us." We have one in the MH and I keep finding myself trying to use the faucet here by touch only. Chris said she will help me install it. We haven't heard anything on Chris's RV, sure hope they are working on it. We don't go out for our Anniversary, restaurants are just too busy. Hope everyone has a great day.
Lyn

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:36 am

Maryz I sew random blues together and after a bunch of blues I will add some bluegreen and meld into green and yellowgreen and then yellow...on down the rainbow...doing patches of color I will go back to blue etc...and I did square off a corner...I am not sure how big the quilt will be. It is a crap shoot right now...I am thinking lap or twin when finished.....xxxooo I will have you or Maryq post pictures when there is actually something to look at

patches4

Post by patches4 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:36 am

Happy Valentine’s Day to all my quilting friends.
Happy Anniversary to all celebrating today.
Happy Hump too.
Everyone have a special sweet day as we say thank you to all our friends here on the forum. I don’t do as much as you all, but each of you I treasure because you are who you are and your enthusiasm, positive thoughts make life easier for me and others.
Prayers of healing, rest and comfort to all in need. Hugs and love to you all as you are so special. I once dreamed we were all in a quilt guild and had a grand time of it.
Blessings,
TinaB
Patches4

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:29 pm

7:25 pm and it's now me time!. Happy Valentine 💝 day to all, Happy Anniversary to all you romantics who got married on Valentine's Day. We don't do much in the way of gifts. I got flowers and he gets candy. Same every year, just like clock work. We went to dinner at same place we had at Dad's funeral so that was a bit weird but the waiter there is wonderful, the food is great and I am over stuffed! So off to a bath and start a new Day tomorrow.

Good night 😴 everyone

Sweet dreams
Valerie
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Sew ins”