Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUNDAY, February 11th

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

SUNDAY, February 11th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:27 am

Good morning,

Well, the party's over. Pizza was eaten, tears were shed, steps were taken (12!!). And now it's time to go. We hit the road as soon as it's light enough to SEE the road. Stormy weather is predicted on our route for the morning and windy weather is on the way for the afternoon. Should be a fun day. Home is 12 days away. 🏡

CHRISS - I hope Jerry has an awesome guy day! Will you watch the game with them or spend it in your sewing room? What's for dinner? As for sleeping in front of the TV, it's a very common male trick - insist on some shoot-'em-up show, then fall asleep, and wife is left watching it alone. It's a trick husbands pull on their wives all around the country. Mine is a champion snoozer!

SHARONA - is it still snowing?? I gotta say, I'm so glad I only have to make the trek down the hall to my sewing room, not trudge through a half-foot of snow! I'm afraid I would be a seasonal quilter. Do all your sisters live reasonably close to you - like Denver area?

MARY Q - did you get to sew?? Aprons?? Isn't it great to be the boss of your own destiny for an entire day?? And you were right - we didn't get Boots into our bag fast enough. But she did put on quite a walking show for us all! She toddled 12 steps to get to a big cardboard box she wanted to play with. She had four adult mouths drop open as we all watched. And the kids so very sweetly offered Pop one last naptime dance with her. They turned down the lights and went into their bedroom and shut the door so we could have that time with her. Pop danced 3 dances with her (50's/60's music) before she fell asleep and then one last dance because it was one last dance. Then he put her down for her nap. Such a loving gift her parents gave us. We'll always have that memory. And the nap only lasted 40 min so when she got up we got to play some more!

JANA - today is party day! Yay!! I'm going to wish you and Sarah happy birthday(s) right now because I never know what internet we'll get while on the road. I know you're all going to have fun today. Go, Niners!

LOIS - so happy to hear you got your shots! Sorry you reacted a bit. Bill always reacts more than I do - but maybe that's just because he's a man. A cold can bring him to his knees.

KATY - I think it's time for a road trip!! And I think we need a picture of you and Barny and your beautiful new car!

JUDI - what's the plan for today? I sure hope our weather isn't coming your way. We had violent thunder/lightening/rain storms yesterday. And more is coming to Austin today along with wind, according to the forecast. My phone wx app thinks you are in the clear.

Well, I gotta git. I need another cuppa jo, some sox and shoes, and if I know my hubby, he will brave the dark to get out of town. We would like to get as many miles behind us as possible before the wind starts.

Someone please sew something for me! I'm going into withdrawals.

mary z
>^+^<

fabricgirl

Re: SUNDAY, February 11th

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:46 am

Good morning,

I'm feeling much better today.
Today there is some wash that needs my attention so I will do that then to empty the dishwasher and then straighten up .
I will lay out the Beth Dutton Yellowstone quilt cutting out the corner angles and the settling blocks Bill is going to his nephews house With his Brother Eddie to watch the superbowl game so I will have my night to myself I will look at the game from time to time to see commercials .
Mary safe travels a you Journey back home.

Well thats all the news from here.
Have a great day .
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:49 am

Good morning all
Maryz You sound like it was a great time with baby Bootsy. She is so sweet. Becareful out there traveling.
Keep us posted on your trip. . I think your right about a road trip but need to get my cleaning done first. Today is garage cleaning day. So I can put Stormy inside. But maybe I can get my sister to take a picture of me and Stormy. and if Barney will behave :roll: I ll see if I can get him too.
Yesterday I did house chores . Come wed I will spring clean my bedroom. That will put me back on track.
Barney looks really cute since his haircut. But he is a stinker.
Well I need more java before getting Barney up for a walk.
Y'all have a great sewing day
And Maryz be careful out there.
Katy

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:33 am

Good morning all I think I missed yesterday ont know what happened but the day turned out to be a good one...I sat outside a good portion of the day but came in to watch the Red Wing game...It was quite a game. thn it was my turn to make supper so I made salad spagetti and garlic bread. it turned out very good...my favorite meal. I was going to make breakfast but Ken wanted cereal and fresh blueberries so I just had coffee and toast...I am seriously going back on my diet when I get home...Gloria and Donna buy lots of junk food and I eat it...( why i never buy it at home)..ken does too. We did go to the grocery store yesterday and yep more snacks...I bought coffee and diet soda for me and Ken...LOL but there are enough snacks here to last a few dyas,,
I have been sewing hexis together,,,still working on the blue,,,,I did find a Utube video on Kawandi quilts...it is a simple primitive way of using scraps and making very primitive quilts....It is for the "hand stitchers" out there,,,they look pretty good and different,
Well it is going to 83 today and I plan on going into the pool it is warmed and waiting,,,,then I will spend the evening with my hexis and my
audio book..I am not cooking today,,,I think hot dogs are on the menu and I dont usually eat hot dogs outside Michigan,,,( we have very strick laws on what can be used in hot dogs and other states do not) so I might just enjoy left over spagetti...Hope you all have a fun super bowl evening,
Katy you are going to get ahead of me in the spring cleaning I have 2 more weeks here,,,Cannot wait to see a picture of you and the new ride... Hope Jim is doing better,,,Are you relieved that he wont be coming back to your house.....
Lois I missed that you were sick...glad you are feeling better,,,I did some laundry yesterday,,,There is a limited amount of towels here,,,so glad they have a washer and dryer...
Maryz I can only imagine your parting tears....I know how hard it is to leave out of state kids and grands...
When we would leave I was so afraid that Sophia being the littlest would forget us...The boys didnt and we had lots of phone calls with them...Safe travels..We have nice weather predicted here,,,no rain or wind...hope you dodge the bad weather,,,
Well that is all for me....coffe is done and I am headed outside to listen to my book...Hope you all have a "SUPER" day...
Jana have a happy super bowl partyXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:02 am

Good morning and a blessed Sunday to you all. Good news! Josiah left the hospital last evening. They stayed the night at my house and will head home to Nevada today. He was so tired last night. He does pretty good in the morning, then takes a long nap but after his nap he still seems awful sleepy. I guess it will take time to fully recover. We got him a new car seat with a padded head area. He will go back to crib for sleeping to avoid falling out of bed (he has fell out of his toddler bed) so he has a new crib coming too. The store we bought the crib at was so generous, he gave us a linen set and it matches his Toy Story quilt. In the meantime, he will sleep on a mattress on the floor. He did hit his head yesterday on the TV at the hospital and immediately fell back and grabbed his head but he seems okay, just tired. He is picking up his walking and he is coming up with new words all the time. We have high hopes for his future.

I have many charts to work on today after the crew leaves for Nevada, My house is pretty much turned upside down right now so lots to do to get things back in order. I hope today to find the fabric to make the binding for my Starry Night quilt. Don't have that done yet. Not sure what I did with the fabric. I also need to make the binding for the pinwheels quilt.

Well the little one is up so I will get back with you all later.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:35 am

Morning all
Maryz, I was going to ask you to sew something for me!
Chriss, I hope Jerry has an awesome day.
Yesterday was busy. Up early to bake 4 pues...2 triple berry, 2 no sugar added apple. Then a quick run to Tractor Supply for chicken food. Then off to church with the pies. After mass was a dinner with a pue auction to benefit the kids of the parish for their activities. My pies went for about $40 each. Got home late, but had to collect eggs ...
Today is bathe SJ....he stinks. May work on doily quilt.
Flo

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:42 am

A Blest morning to All.

MaryZ, I hope as I type this at 8:25, you are already near Junction or farther west. The rain is east of Austin, so I'm not sure we'll get any today and hopefully none in your path.

Judi, Enjoy the pool.

Lois, Get you're feeling better.

Katy, Yes, pictures please. Prayers for Jim.

Valerie, So glad to hear that Josiah is on this way home. I hope he heals quickly and talks up a storm. Prayers for Josiah.

Chriss, I hope Jerry enjoys his Super Bowl party. Will you watch or sew?

Never made it to the Cafe on Friday. I decided to clean up the tree that had fallen on the Ranch fence. Chris likes that kind of work, so we took turn with the chainsaw. It looks better, but there's more to do. We quit about 4 and had a beer. I had 3 Marie Calendar Lasagnas in the freezer, which made for an easy dinner. Yesterday we went to Marble Falls mid day and picked up an RX for Chris, then did a little grocery shopping. We got 3/4" of rain yesterday and this morning only shows maybe a quarter inch.

We will watch the game. I'll make some little pigs in a blanket and we have chips and dips. I hope to touch fabric first and make some dresser and night stand covers. Nothing fancy, just some protection for the wood. This house has to cheer for the Chief's.
Lyn

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:57 am

Good morning!

From the frozen tundra! The sun shining outside, but boy are we cold! 19!

Party ready! But first is church, my turn for music. There willbe about 23 here this afternoon for food and football. Can't wait for Aaron's brisket. That boy has learned well how to smoke one up just right! We didn't put the soda out on the deck last night, it would have frozen, so Michael is doing that right now.

I've seen lots of those t-shirts, saying I'm rooting for Taylor's boyfriend, well, I'm not! I'm rooting for Olivia's boyfriend, Christian McCaffrey! She's a star in her own too, the former Miss Universe! So yes, GO 49ers!

Hugs and safe travels,
Jana

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:03 am

Good morning. It's going to be a great day today. My parents and my son will be here for the game. I sure wish they would play the game earlier in the day, but I will be in my slippers so it will be fine.

Found Jerrys old tablet in the spare room. Now I need to try to find a charger for it. Also found some thumb drive things that I will check out later. I'm sure that these aren't the last of the treasures to be found in that room.

Today the plan is to make deviled eggs and try to figure out what to make in the crock pot. I will likely have to go into town for a few groceries and am thinking a take and bake pizza might be the answer.

Maryz, yay, Amara is a member of the 12 step club. That cat better find some good places to hide. Yes, most men are excellent sleepers when the tv show is one they have chosen. Grandpa used to say, My eyes are open I just have the lids over them. I won't be sewing but visiting with my son and parents. Having my son and my dad in the same room is just the most wonderful thing and I enjoy it so very much.

Lois, I'm a commercial watcher too. If family weren't showing up I would probably join you in the sewing room. I can also catch those commercials on you tube.

Katy, if you need help posting that picture I can help. Would love to see your new car.

Judi, I have been sticking to my diet but today will be the exception. Kawandi quilts are interesting. Sure would be a great scrap user. Hmmm, spaghetti and garlic bread might be a good half time meal.

Valerie, what fun to have Josiah home. So glad he got to come home. Huge huge blessing. Prayers for his travels home. Will he need to wear a helmet for a while? Hope you get that house turned right side out, amazing how quickly a mess can become a disaster. I have a spare room disaster and a garage disaster, but this is the year of purging and organizing.

Flo, wow, $40 pies? When my son was young we used to cater a Valentines dinner for the school and used our kids to walk around with the pies for auction. Hard to say no to a cute kid holding a pie.

Lyn, sounds like you found a good friend in Chris. Nice to have someone to run around with. I also need to pick up misc branches and fallen wood around here. Probably next week. I wish I could play in my room but will need to make some things for snacking on and a something in the crock pot for half time.

Jana, whichever team wins the game I hope it's a good close exciting game and not a run away. If Aaron needs my address to drop off some of that brisket I would be thankful.

Well girlfriends, time for me to get something done.

You all have a groovy day
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:07 am

Good morning Girls

Happy Sunday to you all! I hope all you Super Bowl Watchers are ready for the big game!! There isn't a lot of excitement for it around here as the Vikings aren't in it again this year! And Just to be fair, I will cheer for the 49'ers the first half and the Chief's the 2nd half! :lol: I think my BFF will disown me if I don't at least cheer for K.City part of the time!! Not that I'll watch the game at all... but I'll be thinking about it!

Maryz... Woke up this morning, looked out the window to see if it was sunny yet and then thought of you guys getting ready to pull out ! Said a quick prayer to St. Christopher for a safe and easy trip home. I looked up Autumn's library and read a little about the renovation that was done! What a project that must have been.

Lois... You know, that's probably all I'll watch of the Super Bowl game is that commercials! You know we're in for some good ones, when they even show previews of them!! There's one for State Farm Insurance, with Arnold Schwartzenager--- he has this look on his face that looks exactly like my oldest DB.... cracks me up every time I see it!!

Katy.... When you are all done with your garage... hop in the bright red jalopy and come on up to my garage! It was all clean and pretty last fall, but the gremlins have made a mess in there again----somebody was digging in the boxes of fabric.!! Hope you can get a good picture of you and the car and Barney---would love to see it!!!

Judi... Had to google the Kawandi quilt!! Very interesting, but you go right ahead with that, I'll watch from a distance!! :lol: :lol: But should you have a need for scraps... I'm your gal!! When are you heading back home? You're in FL for 2 weeks right? Have your sis and friend come up with a new location for next year? Jen and David got married near Jupiter I think. It was a lovely place, but not right on the beach--I suppose those places are even more $$$.

Valerie... Oh what wonderful news that Josiah is headed home!!! Once upon a time I knew a little child that had to wear a helmet all the time to prevent another head injury following head surgery. They didn't sent Josiah home with anything like that did they? Will you get a chance to go visit him at all? Will the hospital in Oakland want to see him again for followups? I sure hope his Dr at home keeps a good eye on him!!!

Flo.... Yeah for the price you got on your pie!!! That will sure help those kids with fun supplies!!! I've donated a couple quilts for auctions but never heard how much they sold for!

Lyn... Are you a big football fan? My BFF lives and breathes for the Chiefs, but she's not a fan of all the Taylor Swift attention!! I did put a tote box on the frame of my ironing station and it worked PERFECTLY!!! I almost texted you a picture. It will actually hold 2 totes! I have to keep it fairly open underneath as it sits over the heat vent!!

Chriss.... You've never had SPAM? Did you know that it came from Minnesota! Can't remember when I ever bought any either, but there is a recipe from my "school lunch" cookbook for Pizza Burgers and the secret ingredient is chopped up Spam... and it makes all the difference in the world! Gosh I so hope Jerry has a fun day today watching the game. It's got to feel good to see him eat a little better and be excited about something... even if he does fall asleep in the middle of the game!! How is the packing going?

Yesterday I did sew!!!! I got 3 aprons made for the Dollar Tree gal... Have 2 more ready to go, but I ran out of the dark green thread and well, gosh darn isn't that just the best excuse to run to Walmart!! It's kind of a pain but there is no place in town to buy thread! And while I'm there I think I'll pick up a few more veggies to make my veggie concoction for supper! When I get back I'll call Shawn to have him or Brennen come over me get the jewelry cabinet out of my car and then find a place to put it--at least until I decide if I want to keep it or give it away. It's really very pretty and has lots of drawers for stuff! :lol: :lol:

Time to refill my coffee cup and take my shower.. The sooner I get more thread, the sooner I can get back to the sewing room. I'm hoping the spend 99% of the next 7 days IN the sewing room!!!

Wishing you all a great SUPER BOWL SUNDAY

Return to “Sew ins”