Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SATURDAY, February 10th

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

SATURDAY, February 10th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:34 am

Good morning,

Today is our last day here. This morning we're going to get the trailer ready to roll again, then go to the kids for lunch and say goodbye. I wonder if they would notice if I slipped our little Ms Boots into my tote bag . . . .

CHRISS - I'm so glad Jerry is looking forward to the game. And if he falls asleep, who cares. Most people I know, including us, sleep through at least one quarter of a football game. :lol: Did you decide yet what you're making for dinner that day? And you would be wise to heed Jana's advice - if you are putting cardboard boxes in your garage, put something under them like pallets or even just boards to keep them off the floor. Or make sure the bottom layer of boxes is plastic totes. And hint: label all the boxes clearly.

LYN - There is a Bluebonnet Cafe in Johnson City, too. We tried to eat there a few years ago but it was closed when we were passing through. Nearly as old and with nearly the same description as the one you went to. And when I looked there are others in Texas. Do you know if they are a chain? Was it good?

LOIS - I hope you had a delicious lunch at IHOP yesterday. I like their food. Did everyone go to lunch? We did, too!

JUDI - sorry your sis and friend aren't happy with the choice of house. Maybe next year you will have your new, smaller RV and you can take it instead of renting a house and avoid their criticisms (and also have your own space!). And for the record I don't think you were bad to buy a few useful souvenirs of a fab vacation! And as you know, what I think is what matters! :lol: :lol: :lol:

SHARONA - and you went to lunch, too! Next time we should get a bigger table! :lol: Happy Birthday to your sister! Did all of your sisters go? I wish your DBIL well with his surgery. Most folks are thrilled with the results of their back surgery and I pray he will be too. Good news on the quilt you are working on. Do you have a date you need to have it finished?

KATY - oh I'm so happy for you!! How exciting to get your new dream car! You deserve it!! I pray you have many years of happy cruisin', just you and Barny and Stormy!! There is a lot to learn about vehicles these days. I still can't even turn on the radio in our car. We name all our rolling stock, too. We have Perry (SUV), BART (Pick-up), Scout (tractor), Mrs. Butterworth (ex-riding lawn mower), and Silver (fifth-wheel).

FLO - that's really a nice pattern. And nice of you to share the link.

MARY Q - Are you going to be able to sew today?

Yesterday was a bittersweet day with Amara. She walked for us a little bit, but wasn't in much of a cuddly mood. Her parents came home at 1:30 and we all packed up and went to Autumn's library 5 min away and had a little picnic of Subway sandwiches on the new Astroturf lawn. And Aut showed us all the renovations that have happened at the library since last we were there (before Covid!). This has been a 4-year planning project for Autumn. They had to completely close the library for 4 months to get it all done. It turned out beautifully and now there are also terrific fenced outdoor play areas, too, for kids, which is where we had our picnic, all spread out on a beautiful double wedding ring quilt, I might add :D . They did their other library 6 years ago (there are 2 libraries in this system). I was proud to see what my little daughter has been able to accomplish. She was in charge of the entire project for both libraries. By the way, I noticed they do have 2023 tax booklets and basic forms available. A few of you were discussing the availability of those materials yesterday.

Today we're having pizza with the kids at noon at their house and will say our good-byes. When we get back, we'll stow the last of our camp gear - chairs, BBQ, stove - and hitch up so we can get on the road early tomorrow morning. I hope the worst of the predicted weather is over by then. We don't like traveling in rain but wind is even worse.

Wishing everyone a happy weekend! And I hope your favored team wins tomorrow. I haven't decided which one I'm favoring yet. Probably the 'Niners.

Hugs around!
mary z
>^+^<

mepeace2

Re: SATURDAY, February 10th

Post by mepeace2 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:38 am

Good Morning Mary and all that follow.
Still need prayers for Jim. He is doingt better but needs a lot more prayer. I am doing better but have a Dr. appointment next friday. My stomach has not been right since I had covid back in November.
Yesterday went to Canton to see Jim and show my DS my new car. Of course she wanted a ride. So off we went to Aldis. I got some more dark red cherries. which is supposed to help stomach issues. Then home I went to walk Barney. I do love my car. Stormy rides like a dream. But yes I have a lot to LEARN.
Today is clean up . Sweep all floors and do dishes. Then I am going to SEW. I miss my sewing room.
Tomorrow other sister is coming to help me clean out garage so I can put Stormy in there. I told her she can have the one lawn mower if she helps me. Its self propelled but too heavy for me.
Well thats about it for here.
Mary Have fun today and safe travels tomorrow. Hope you enjoy the pizza. And give Amara lots of kisses before you leave after lunch.
Yall have a great sewing day
Katy

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:01 am

Good morning,

Not much new here we went to the drs office to get our covid shots and the RSV as well
Then went to IHOP for brunch it was good .
In the afternoon I started feeling the shots I sewed for a while then went and sat in the recliner I'm still kind of tired but this to she'll pass.

Mary it will be a bitter sweet for you when you have to leave.

Katy so glad you got your new car enjoy every minuet of it .

Well thats all the news from here.
Everyone enjoy the day.
Prayers go out to all
Lois

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:14 am

Good morning!

Awake, but not really up. Tucked in nicely under a warm quilt for the moment.

I have a few minor things to finish up today and then will be ready to party! Still have to get the "beer' - root beer that is. we have a favorite brand and my one store didn't carry it, so I'll go to a different store. I got the cookies ready to decorate, so that's easy. And the extra refrigerator is cooperating, Mother Nature has it running quite cold on my deck for me.

Michael finally called the plumbing company for a appointment. We have been carefully watching the water heater in my house. It's original to when we bought this house and everyone else's has gone kaput and replaced. It's been a worry for awhile. So Daniel will be here for the appointment. We'll look at two options, a regular old gas tank type or a new fangled tankless type. Daniel is sure we have the gas supply for the tankless, so it's cost . And since the railroad has a right a way through the utility room, they both have to fit in the allocated space.

Yesterday Michael found a new home for the extra chairs we have. They are folding chairs and I have put up with them in my front room for years and have tried numerous times to move the chairs somewhere else. Well, they found a new home, hanging on the wall in the garage. Yippee! So my new fake tree now has its home and is out of the box where it goes!

Daniel was here too, making the final measurements for my display area. It's been a long drawn out process and is finally getting done. Daniel is so busy taking care of others, that I wait patiently for my stuff. That's OK.

Matt is enjoying his new job. Getting all the new clearances in order and is off and running.

Sewing? Someone needs to remind me what that is! Monday seems like a good day for some!

Safe travels,
Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:20 am

Good morning Girls

I am one happy girl this morning as there is NO place I have to go today... or for the next week!!! It's cold but sunny and I'll take it!!

Maryz.... I just know those goodbyes are going to so hard today. :( , but I'm thinking you won't get away with hiding that little Miss in your luggage. But look at it this way... you'll have something to look forward to, and something to plan and get ready for.. another trip to Texas in 8 months!! I did google the Library's website. SO awesome that your Autumn was in charge of all that!!! I'm proud of her too!!! And YES I am going to sew today!!!! I'm going to try to finish up a couple aprons for the gal that works at the new Dollar Tree--who knows, it might turn into a paying gig!

Katy.... Congratulations on your new car!! I love my Escape, but there are days when I think it would be so fun to drive a Bright Red Mustang Convertible!!! I'd even settle for a regular bright Red mustang, remembering the one my Dad bought in 1967. At our age, we need to have a good reliable car! Prayers continue for Jim.

Lois.... Good girl for getting your shots... which reminds me I should probably go get my RSV. and maybe the flu shot too while I'm at it! I'm caught up on Covid, but keep forgetting to get the other two. You know, I've never been at an IHOP! Not ever sure if there is still one around here anymore.

Jana..... When my DS Shawn graduated from high school and we had a big party for him, I was the meanest Mom in town because I would not supply beer! BUT I did get a keg of Root Beer!! That went over really well, tho I can't remember the brand of it. A &W is by far the best! (in my opinion) You see those tankless water heaters in Europe a lot and I hear they are more energy efficient, but also way more expensive. I'm waiting for my water heater to conk out to as it's the original from 1998, and with my luck it will go at the same time that the original furnace goes!!

Lyn... I'll have to check out your theory of putting a tote across the bottom of my ironing station! I'm just so thrilled to have it instead of a wobbly ironing board. And because of the wheels, if I ever need to entertain, I can just roll it out to the garage! :lol: :lol:

Chriss... It's good to hear that Jerry is excited about the game! I'm thinking it kind of means he's feeling a little better? I'm guessing he'll be cheering for San Fransisco right? I don't know who will be louder.... Jerry or my BFF in KC who is a huge KC fan!! KC is leaving next Saturday to move completely to Arkansas to live with her brother. It will be the best for her.

Judi... In case you stop by... Hope you having a great time despite the "Debbie downers"! And hey, souvenir shopping is the reason I go anyplace!!

Since it is Saturday, and that means chore day, I suppose I should do a few little things around here this morning, since I accomplished nothing yesterday! But after that.... SEWING ROOM HERE I COME!

Wishing you all a most marvelous day!!

womster

Post by womster » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:43 am

Good morning!

Maryz – what a wonderful accomplishment for Aut. Enjoy your lunch with them, and then happy motoring! This t-shirt quit was due two years ago – so I am a wee bit behind. It was just my sister and I for lunch. The other two were working. It was lovely!

Katy – I am so thrilled for you and Stormy. I’m sorry to hear about your stomach issues. That darn covid – the ‘gift’ that keeps on giving. Praying for JIm. Have fun in your sewing room.

Lois – I know what you mean about feeling the shots. Glad you are feeling better.

Jana – I wanted to go with a tankless water heater but the plumbers out here don’t want to do that new-fangled stuff. And they are more expensive, but I think it would be worth it.

Maryq – I assume that KC got off ok and is winging her way to her brother’s? I hope you got your cabinet back. Ugh – chores. Hope yours are over with quickly.

It’s snowing here again – we’re supposed to only get 6” but we’re almost there already and it’s not even 10:00. DH shoveled me a path to the sewing hole so I am headed out. Have a glorious day! xoxo

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:37 am

Good morning. Boy my warm bed was difficult to get out of. Rolled over twice before my feet hit the floor.

Last nights dinner was chili relleno casserole. Jerry had the leftovers with spam for breakfast. I have never eaten or cooked spam. YUCK! I sliced two slabs of spam and the rest fell right out of my fingers and onto the floor. Now I need to buy a can of spam so that I have it just in case. I'm learning not to buy a lot of anything, we just don't eat the same things.

So here's the funny. Jerry wanted breakfast. He was watching a tv show and asked me to pause it while he ate. So then he gets back into his chair after breakfast and un-pauses the tv only to fall asleep. He watches so much tv with his eyes closed, It's comical.

yesterday, on tv, there was a show where the host was wearing a t-shirt that said "Go Taylor Swifts Boyfriend" I think I am rooting for Taylor Swift. Betcha if she ran for president she'd win.

Maryz, The library sounds very inviting. Nice that it has kid places. I remember going to story hour at our local library when I was young, I can still picture it. I'm pretty much just emptying the room to refill it. The boxes are to just transport things from the room to the garage, when I get them in the garage I have totes for sorting. One tote will say Marilyn, the other Richard. I wish I could start in the garage but really need to be in the house as much as possible.

Katy, so glad you love your car. And glad you had a day with your son.

Lois, nice to have all your shots. We got ours and have had no issues since.

Jana, glad the chairs found a new home. I also have chairs hanging in my garage. hope the plumber is able to fix you up before you really need him.

Maryq, Jerry seems to be a little better then he doesn't. But he is looking forward to the game and this will be a 49r house tomorrow. My dad will bring up a bunch of munchies and Jerry had me go buy a six pack of beer so he can have one with my dad and son. I'll be chugging water. You can roll that iron board into the garage or put a table cloth over it and use it as a table. Enjoy your all about Mary day. It's good to be you.

Sharon, what a sweetie to have a path shoveled for you. I am going to have breakfast, get dressed and will meet you in the sewing room.

Time for me to move my butt. I wish the game were earlier in the day but it is what it is. You all have a marvelous day,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Sew ins”