Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

FRIDAY, February 9th

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

FRIDAY, February 9th

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:00 am

Good morning,

Today is our very last day of babysitting. We have so loved every minute with this little unexpected little girl, but we're both ready to go home. Yesterday she walked several times anywhere from 2 to 6 steps at a time. She'll be really cruisin' the joint in a few more weeks. Time for us to go!

CHRISS - I'm so glad Jerry is having some good days. That chemo can really take it out of a person. I hope you get your grocery run in today. Will that happen while the aide is there or do they provide a respite person to hang out with Jerry while you run errands.

JANA - glad you are all set for Valentine's day. What kind of cake? I'd really like white, please. When we leave for the winter, we usually are home end of January so I put out my Valentine stuff before we go. So when we get home, we'll be all set - except that this year we unexpectedly extended our stay and Valentine's Day (and our anniversary) will be long overwith! lol! Fortunately, my tablerunners are backed with St. Patrick's so it will be easy to simply flip them over.

MARY Q - that is one awesome ironing station!! Bless your brother! Sorry I confused the brothers. You're going to get your cabinet from KC today? Sounds like she is taking a lot of stuff with her. Don't let on to her brother what all is coming his way. He might cancel the plans! :lol: And if she misses that plane, there is always another one right behind it. The airport has cots and there are always neaby motels. But just in case, I'll say a prayer. Did you get your lotto blocks made yesterday?

VAL - whew! Glad you got that quilt in under the wire! What day in March is the tea that you made it for? If it's later in the month it really gives you a cushion of time. Do you think Josiah will go home today? Will family transport him or will he go back the way he came? And will you be able to make a visit soon?

LYN - for starting slow, you got a lot done yesterday. At first I thought you were happy to find a yellow gun safe! lol! Then I reread what you wrote. Guess I should have my coffee before I read the forum. As for your borders - I'm voting for the phlange. Let us kow how that goes! So you had a BBQ tasting and found one to be more smokey than the other. But you didn't say if you thought that was a good thing or a bad thing. I would go with the smokey flavor. Love it!

SHARONA - I hope you enjoyed lunch out yesterday. I remember you saying some time back that your DBIL was having back surgery. Did he not have it yet? And really - wouldn't a surgeon insist on full exams before he does surgery? They don't just do such operations on request. How is your tee shirt quilt coming along?

JUDI - well, I hope everyone is in a better, more appreciative mood this morning. You can always invite your sis and friend to stay home next time! We've had very little "sitting-out" weather here in Austin this winter. It's warmer than home but not by a lot most days, so if it weren't for the A-Team we might as well have stayed home. Glad to know the name of those birds is sand hill cranes. I don't know if storks are white in real life. I've never seen one except in cartoons and on baby announcements. lol! How are the hexies coming along? I got a whole thread of embroidery done yesterday during naptime. Hoping I'm getting my "embroidery-jo" back. I'd love to get this project finished.

FLO - sorry yesterday became a "floor day", but they have to be done from time to time. Did you find some nice plants for your yard or are you just on a scouting trip? Not sure if it's too early in MO. My sisters tell me hard freezes often happen clear up until mid-May in CO so they don't buy plants until then.

KATY - well, my friend, you deserve to have the car you want. You've waited a long time, and it's a big enough purchase that you don't have to settle. A red Malibu! You go, girl!! I can't wait to hear all about it! Glad Barny is lookin' fine and struttin' his stuff. Scottie REALLY needs a groom and cut. He is one big fluffy, shaggy, furball. And I'm not much better. We are both down for new "do's" as soon as we get home. I remember that you have twins in your family but I can't recall if they are boys, girls, one of each, identical, fraternal?

Well, I need to get hoppin'. I have a shower to take, lunches to make, breakfast to partake. Then off to our last day babysitting. We'll see the kids again tomorrow for a farewell lunch before we leave early Sunday morning.

Wishing full bobbins to everyone!

mary z
>^+^<

FlorenceM

Re: FRIDAY, February 9th

Post by FlorenceM » Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:11 am

Morning Maryz and all to follow,
Maryz, we were on a scouting trip. But came away with a lot of ideas.
We sig, I didn't buy a pattern. I flowed a website freebie. Here is address, https://fortworthfabricstudio.blogspot. ... l.html?m=1
Joe off to dentist. Not sure what today will bring.
Flo

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:21 am

Good morning all
Well I did it I bought my red Malibu. Shes pretty. But boy I have a lot of learning to do. Completely different from 20 year old malibu who I traded in. I think this ones name will be Stormy. Thats about all I got done yesterday.
Its supposed to be in 60's again today then another cooler front moves in.
Maryz I have twin sisters who are 8 years younger than me. They are fraternal as you can get one blonde blue eyed and the other brunet and brown eyes. I also have twin grandsons they two are fraternal.
I too need a haircut. Maybe later today. I have a coupon for half off. Barney does stru his stuff :lol: :lol:
Today Need to start removing stuff from my garage so I can park Stormy inside. Will finish up tomorrow.
This afternoon may get haircut and see Jim. More prayers please he is doing better. Prayer works.
Well I need to contact my sister to see if she will help me in garage in exchange for one lawn mower I cant use.
Y'all have a great sewing day.
Katy

womster

Post by womster » Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:28 am

Good morning!!

Maryz - my BIL chose to have nismsurgery at some spinal clinic because he liked the PA. On my opinion, all they cared about was $$. We did have a lovely leal with them, thanks. I am turning the corner on the tshirt quilt and will start joining rows next week. I don’t plant anything here until after Memorial Day. Have a lovely time with Amara today.

Flo - glad you got some good ideas.

Katy - congratulations!! Enjoy learning all about her.

Today I am meeting my sister for her birthday lunch. Then I will come home and hopefully take a nap – I haven’t been able to sleep. Hate that! Have a glorious day everyone. xoxo Sharona

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:33 am

Good morning,,,it is in the 50s but going upto the mid 70s that should make everyne feel good ( fingers crossed) I listened a lot yesterday and they are busy looking for a new place to stay,,,,,I am not searching much although I did look on vrbo for additional rentals....Ken was looking at private home rentals to avoid the costs and fees...I really am staying out of it...although they are saying i must book it because I have the funds...in my vcation bank. I still am staying out oof it....
We did go to cocoa beach yesterday and the ocean is the same as I rememebr,,so soothing,,,We watch fishermen catch a few differeint things including a sea turtle which he freed After that we stopped for ice cream and the "Ron Jon surf shop" I was so bad bought 2 pair of shoes and a sweatshirt...Ken bought a bar sign for his bar downstairs and a shirt and shorts..It was so much fun .....
We will be off to visit my youngest sister later today...and my brothet in law....we will order pizza at their house..It will be good to see them. Her son the marine is sometimes home but not this visit. Before we see them ( they are both working) we will go visit a safari park near them and a wild life refuge..it should be a fun day.
I have been sewing a few hexis...it will be a slow go///I just pick up random blues and stitch them on, the only rule is no like fabrics touch. will move to the next color when all the blues are used up
We watched "Wonka" last night...it was the origin of Willie Wonka very cute movie I have been a fan of the Willie Wonka since it first came out...Took my DD to see the Johnie Depp version and the original has been a favorite in our family. and she bought this copy too and liked it..
Well I need another cup of coffee..Hope you are all doing well///
Mary it will be a tough good bye but there is no place like home....when this trip is over I am hoppy to be home too...XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:38 am

Good morning

Today we have a few errands to run and then we are finally getting our covid shots then we are going to IHOP for lunch we got coupons in the mail so that is my day.

Mary enjoy your last day of sitting get all the hugs and kisses 💋 you can.

Mary q I really love your ironing station nice and sturdy and has wheels.

Flo I saw your wallet it looks nice.

Katy happy new car congrats and enjoy.

Well I will check back later.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:27 am

Hello Girls

I have about 2 minutes to say Hello this morning! Will be heading out to KC's soon -- figuring the sooner I get there, the sooner I can get home. I'm am so dreading this!!! I'd so rather stay home, but I need to get that cabinet back from her and if I can do it today, and help her get 99.9% packed maybe I won't have to go back again! So wish me luck!! She really tries my patience sometimes and I'm am close to be on my last nerve -- if you know what I mean. I'm beginning to understand more and more why family and friends have abandoned her. But that's a very long story. I am grateful that she if finding a new home far away from me!

I'll be back tomorrow for sure!!

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:35 am

Another overcast day, suppose to reach low 70’s later.

MaryZ, a yellow gun safe :lol: As for the flange, y’all just want that quilt to take forever. Phalange is a body of heavily armed infantry. I learned something new, thanks. I know you’re tired from Amara watch, but oh, the memories and hopefully pictures you have to last you until the next visit. I hope the weatherman is wrong and you’re not driving out in rain Sunday morning. As for BBQ, I like the smokier flavor, too.

Katy, Enjoy your new wheels.

MaryQ, That’s a great ironing station. Can you fit totes across the bottom rails? I would be tempted to add another support half way up, then there’d be room for 6 or 8 totes underneath. I hope your day will KC goes well.

Chriss, Hope your day goes well. As for the Chris here, there is no husband. She and her partner worked at the Grain Valley, MO, campground. Chris and Trudy split up back in December. Trudy owns the car and Chris owns the RV, hence the search for a towable vehicle. They are both nice ladies. We don’t agree with that life style but have decided that is between them and God.

We got the TV on the wall in the guest room yesterday.

Today I might put on my work clothes and go saw a tree that has fallen on the Ranch fence. This afternoon we’ll go into Marble Falls and pick up an RX for Chris, then eat at the Bluebonnet Cafe. It’s been around since 1929.

Prayers for your needs. Play with fabric.
Lyn

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:36 am

Good morning!

Been up and running for a time, shower, breakfast and now eating some scratch buttermiilk pancakes. Snowing again, today. My plans for baking cookies yesterday went south, Sarah has my cookie cutters! She's bringing the one needed this morning.

So today is getting those cookies made and the kitchen area cleaned, ready for Sunday.

Maryz - hope your trip west isn't too bad. The pineapple express is roaring and turned east, towards Tina. I'll bet you will bucking a head wind most of the way.

Chriss - word of someone who learned the hard way - place something to raise the bottom boxes off the cement of the garage floor. Enough to have airspace clearance. This will help keep the bottoms dry and no mildew. Or use a plastic tote as the bottom layer.

Well, not much here. My fabric kit arrived and I've been looking at it longingly.

Hugs,
Jana

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:40 am

Good morning and happy Friday. Friday used to really mean something when I was working. Now it's just another day. I am so thankful that my job eliminated my position and that my life is progressing the way it is.

No one, not even Jana, is more excited for the Superbowl than Jerry is. My parents and son will be here and he sent me out for a six pack of beer so the men can have a beer while watching the game together. Not sure anyone will finish an entire beer but it's his want and we can make it happen. He may not stay awake throughout the whole game, but it will be fun for him.

Today is wash the quilts and bedding day. And perhaps tackle the kitchen. Time will tell.

Maryz, When I think Jerry will be ok, I plan grocery shopping. I get him settled, fed, and put him either in his bed or chair. He either watches tv with his eyes open or closed and I make a run for it. He doesn't budge until I get back. I am only gone a couple of hours (one hour is travel to and from) One day he won't be able to be alone for that long and I have friends who will either shop for me or will stay here so I can do my shopping. Happy almost anniversary and be sure to add 50 smooches for me before you leave.

Sharon, happy birthday to your sister, hope it's a fun lunch.

Flo, great wallet, thanks for the link.

Katy, you go girl, flying around in that fire engine red automobile.

Judi, are they looking for a different rental for this year or next year? The Ron Jon surf shop sounds fun. So glad you bought shoes, I would have probably bought a purse. There are things you can never get enough of.

Lois, there you are. I thought maybe you might have fallen in that new washing machine of yours. Pancakes sounds wonderful but so full of carbs for me. And I am a syrup lover, could drink it. Best I stick with something else for breakfast.

Maryq, I forgot which day KC will be flying out but very soon you can exhale. I pray your time with her is quick and productive.

Lyn, while I don't agree with the Chris and Trudy lifestyle, I also agree that it is between them and God. All you can do is show love for people and what they do with their lives is their business. I also have a tree that fell on a fence. I've offered the wood to a friend if her grandson is willing to cut it up. We don't have a fireplace and I am thankful for that.

Jana, what is it with kids and cookie cutters? Marilyn has all of mine. Sounds like the fun and good eats will be at your house

I was able to find some boxes at WMart yesterday. The plan is to take a load out here and there and stick it in the garage. There is a large book case that I need to move from that room and a computer desk. For now, I will just shuffle furniture and tackle a room at a time. There will be a lot of donating of stuff, and perhaps one day a yard sale.

Time to remake Jerry's bed and start my day. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and if you watch the game hope your team wins, whoever that may be.

God Bless
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Sew ins”