Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

WEDNESDAY, February 7th

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

WEDNESDAY, February 7th

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:36 am

Good morning,

We are off to 'work' again this morning. It's someone's 10-month birthday today so I know we'll have a great day! She took four steps for her parents the other day so it's OK now to talk about the 3 steps she took on our watch. :D

FLO - what did you make for the kids for supper Sunday night.

JUDI - Are you putting your hexies together now or are you still making more? I have a hexie project at home. Traditional grandmothers flower garden only with black background. Been working on it for 8 years. Haven't touched it for 4 years. I just call it my WIP - Work In Progress. The last one I did (a queen, all by hand) took me 12 years so I probably need to pick up my pace. Last I heard the palace hadn't announced what kind of ca Charles has. Though I suspect you are right and that is is prostate.

CHRISS - I'm glad Jerry gets to have whatever he wants whenever he wants. Beer and pizza for Super Bowl sounds tempting to me! I hope the Hospice nurse makes it on time. I would want an early time slot, too, but it kind of depends on the needs of patients earlier in the day. My brother's nurses weren't always on time if his time slot was later in the day. For the record, at home, our Foxy doesn't have a litter box. He has a cat flap and a back strip of dirt, formerly known as my dahlia bed, designated for his personal use. But we do have one in the trailer.

VAL - such good news that Josiah was scheduled to go home! Home home and not to his local hospital? I bet he will be thrilled with that! Praying for good weather over '80'.

LYN - I would far rather piece than applique, though I've done a ton of applique. You got a lot of errands completed! I didn't realize your friend's RV needed so much work. What brand, model, year is it? Does she full-time or just travel?

JANA - is the kit you are waiting on for the Valentine or St. Pat's bench pillow? Glad you are happy with your weather. I love rainy sew days at home.

LOIS - I'm guessing you were happy with the new desk. What's on the agenda for today?

MARY Q - I hear ya on floating a second mortgage to shop at the warehouse stores. Milk is half the price at Costco as regular grocery so we were going to Costco every time we ran out of milk. Problem was we ended up walking out with $150+ bill! So we finally went with a milkman. $6/gal but still saved a ton of money! lol! I hope you got stocked up on those essentials. And yeah, Sue's fabric storage system was a dream. A dream I would love to make a reality at my house!

LORI - at our Costco, that off-the-bone chicken is on the refrigerted end cap across from the rotisserie chickens.

Today we're taking our sheets, towels, and my bathrobe to Autumn's to wash. Tomorrow or Friday we'll be taking our clothes. Next laundry stop will be at home! We should arrive home Feb 22nd.

Make your day a good one!
mary z
>^+^<

grammiequilts

Re: WEDNESDAY, February 7th

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:30 am

Good Morning Maryz and all you other dear friends...I was up at my usual 6 and it is cold here 50 we kinda expected a little warmer weather I have jeans and a long sleeve shirt on...the heat is off in the house so we might have to turn it on if it doesnt warm up...Im a little disappointed that we arent at least getting to 70...Maybe tomorrow...next week is 80,,so I will finally get to use the pool.....
I started to sew together the hundreds f hexis I have made...I will do a color wash starting with blues...it is a good way to use up the 1700 plus hexis I have made...No Mary I wont make anymore here,,,I do have a baggie of square scraps I could make more but Ken thinks I am trying to cover planet earth as it is...so does my sister...
Ken has found the local ymca so he might go there as we have Silver Sneakers and it doesnt cost him to go.
my dr told me to start going at home as soon as we get home. I will try after we get home...
We have 2 ( a pair ) of grey cranes who are walking around our house...they will come right up to you if you have food and take it out of your hand,,,I didnt have to courage to feed them but saw a young girl feeding them yesterday,,,we have a small lake behind out house and they are hanging out there...we also have Egrets walking around and a lot of black crows...( for some reason I am not a fan of crows)
well I need to get back to some sewing I emptied the dishwasher but the kitchen duty is my sisters today...she actually decided to make tacos...so that is what we will have,,,tonight,,,with rice and beans,,,,
Hope you have a great day...XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Ps We played mexican train last night 13 hands and I won only one,,,,boo to me but we did a Red Solo Cup salute last night we had a couple of people on phones from home.....sad but nice
Last edited by grammiequilts on Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:36 am

Morning
Maryz, I made spaghetti and meatballs. That's what was asked for by DGD.
Finished wallet yesterday. Pic posted on our Facebook page.
Chris, oops forgot the milk.
Maryq, I make a list for Sams and stick to it. What gets us is the pastries....that's why we had apple turnovers for breakfast.
Warm and sunny today. May go sit outside.
Flo

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:42 am

Happy Wednesday, New report for Josiah, he did not go home. So frustrating, not all medical teams I guess were ready for discharge and now they have decided the wound on the back of his head needs debriding before discharge. Not sure they can do that with a local anesthetic on a 2 year old. So who knows.

I am desperately trying to finish a quilt to get it to the quilter by tomorrow evening so it can be quilted and bound. It will be a raffle quilt and needs to be ready by March 1. But no pressure. It was my December project, then my January project, and now I am trying my best.

Maryz so exciting, those first steps. I think I forgot to report that Josiah has actually spoken. (he has only used sign language up till now). He says "UP" when playing with the helium balloons that are attached to his bed. Love your idea of the name on the back of the quilts.

Lois glad things are coming together. I have a list today but it is in order of priority. I may get to it all but I may not.

Judi yes sad about Toby Keith. He was so young. I guess though I favor his Post 911 song, strong military background in my family. so....... But I like a lot of his songs. Did you get to sew yesterday?

Maryq no information on what type of cancer KC has. Really none of our business. My family does come from England on my grandpa's side so I do follow the royals quite a bit. I have a relative who was awarded an OBE I think it was. I will have to look it up again.

Chriss its a hit and miss when scheduling your visits for Hospice. Nurses like to go to the closest patient to them first, then in order of distance and the last patient is usually the next one closest to where she lives. That avoids a lot of back and forth driving (for me to do back and forth can be as much as 45 to 50 miles between patients). But then, when you have your day very nicely planned, a visit takes longer or an emergency happens and there you go. So much for plans. And yes, I agree that Jerry can have anything he wants!

Flo I saw your wallet on FB, great pattern, looks like it goes together pretty quickly. Is it an online pattern?

Everyone working on Lotto blocks. Please look at what Lori posted. There is a mistake in the pattern. Look at the coloring, mine are wrong but I am starting over!

Lots of charting to do for my Home Health. But first is to get something to eat and work on the raffle quilt. Have a great day everyone!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:29 am

Good morning!

Still raining. These sets of storms are coming from the San Diego area, then on to me. They are warm, with lots of badly needed water. With it being my normal Wednesday run to cello with Ethan, rain is better than snow.

I am waiting on the St Patrick's kit and will check the mailbox when we get home this afternoon. Not much new here. Same ol boring routine.

Do fun stuff!
Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:34 am

Good morning Girls

Just a fast hello this morning. I should have gotten up earlier!
My DB Tim and SIL Laurie are coming over for a visit this morning and I haven't finished the maid didn't finish cleaning up yesterday! :lol: :lol: :lol: SO I need to run the vac, tidy up a bit, then hit the shower. Not that I'm too worried about having a spotless home, but I should at least make it LOOK like I've cleaned!!

Here's brief answers to the post this morning:
1. Now that Amara has taken those first steps...She'll be running soon!!!
2. KC doesn't have Cancer. She has a small itty bitty tumor in her head that the Dr. says is 99.9% benign---which she thought meant it WAS cancer. Sorry Josiah isn't able to go home, but I'm glad they have decided to take care him right there! Am going to start over on my Lotto blocks too!
3.Judi.. my folks used to play Mexican train all the time!! Tho I never learned how, it does sound like fun
4. Flo... Oh yes I love the pastries at Sam's. I've been know to buy a big box of the nummy muffins and freeze them for a treat later!
5. Alexa says we are going to get a little rain here, like maybe 1/2" whoopeee!! We are going to need rain so badly this spring since we had no snow over the winter!!

Guess I better run that vac . If I get my shower and have time to spare before Tim and Laurie get here, I'll come on back!

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:32 am

Overcast this morning.

MaryQ, I think you read Judi's post too fast. She was speaking of King Charles and what kind of cancer he has. I read that they weren't going to tell.

MaryZ, friend, Chris, has a 2017 Jayco C Class RV. Chris is full time. She had a house in Oregon near the fire a few years back. Sold house and has traveled since. I'm glad Mom & Dad saw steps. If Ms Boots is like some toddlers, she may get a new name...here comes 'Trouble'. :lol:

Chriss, It sounds like a good Super Bowl party at your house. I hope Jerry enjoys it.

Valerie, I hope they get Josiah all fixed up so he can go home. I will be working on lotto blocks in the next few days.

Yesterday I got the TV bought at Walmart, $50 cheaper than Best Buy. Also bought some items for guest bathroom, hair dryer, nail clippers, etc. Then we drove through town and found an Auto sales. They have a car that is flat towable that Chris is considering. By the time we finished checking it out, we stopped and picked up Whataburger for dinner.

Today I have to run to Llano and drop off a card to exempt Garry from jury duty. Yes, I could mail it, but then I wouldn't get to stop at the LQS. :D I will pick up BBQ at Cooper's for dinner.

I hope you can play with fabric today.
Lyn

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:03 am

Good morning. It's going to be another spectacular day. We will be in the mid 40's and should see rain this afternoon.

Found out that the Hospice nurse will only be here one day per week. So, we get the health aide on Monday and Wednesday and the nurse on Tuesday. Nice to have the rest of the week free. Our nurse yesterday is afraid of dogs. Moose was on his leash in the house but would have liked a pat on his head. He does well with the health aide.

Either Thursday or Friday I will go grocery shopping. I also want to get some boxes and empty my spare room. Maybe Amazon would be the best source for a lot of boxes.

Lori, Costco also, sometimes not always, has already boiled eggs. I use them often. Maryz's off the bone chicken is in a different spot than mine but you will find it and never buy a boned chicken again.

Maryz, what is Sue's storage system. Someday I will be moving my sewing room to the master bedroom and may need a system. The Hospice people come from either Madera or Merced. Their office is housed in Fresno. They go here and Mariposa. They can easily make mine the first stop on their way to Mariposa since they pass right by me on their way up the hill. I am the patient earlier in the day. Love that Miss Amara is walking and will be seeing things at her eye level. I can picture her toothy grin as she eyes all the wonderful things she can get into.

Judi, what could be better than covering the earth in a quilt. Everyone would be cozy. I thought I would go to the gym but it's 30 miles away. I sometimes, not often, do Walk Away The Pounds on YouTube.

Flo, Oh Sure. Got the apple turnovers but forgot my milk. Guess I'm on my own. Actually an apple anything sounds wonderful. Great wallet pattern.

Valerie, Hospice has three patients in this area. Us and two in Mariposa. Oddly the nurse that was here yesterday used to work in Concord. I completely agree about the need not to go back and forth, that would completely drive me nuts. The only difference I can see in the lotto blocks is the very center. Is that correct? Sounds like Josiah is on his way to talking your ear off. woo hoo. Bet he will just be over the moon to get home and play with his own toys and sleep in his own bed. Had to google Debriding. Hope that's a quick process and he is sprung from the joint.

Jana, I much prefer rain to snow too. Hope your kit arrives.

Maryq, enjoy Tim and Laurie day. How far do they live from you?

Lyn, I used to get notices for jury duty all the time. Often the trials were resolved before a jury had to be seated. I haven't had a jury notice in years. Glad you get to go to a LQS on your way to the jury office.

It seems that I need to have some breakfast. I think I will try to take something out to the garage from the junk room every time I go outside. Sure would empty that room a bit quicker.

Today the plan is to make a grocery list, and sew.

You girls have a great day
chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:33 am

Chriss - try a place all Uline. They are 9nl8ne, have tons of all kinds ofboxes and delivers to you front door. I used them when we moved and still get their catalogs.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:37 am

Jana, I went to that website. Wow...I think there may be too many choices. 😂
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”